It is currently 23 Aug 2017, 08:13

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 385  Next
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 12:42  
F1 Driver

Boudica wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
Julia wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
Julia wrote:
wow, the speculations are going hot again... but nice that marco opend his mouth this time maybe a little bit more positive, hopefully he could one day he could correct some information about Kimi also to the international press... about the RBR seat they offered Kimi and he said no to... I think there is a missunderstanding here. Atleast Robertson admitted to kulta about it last spring but the RBR seat Kimi was offered in summer 2009 was not a seat 2010 but 2011, so they/marko were not planning to put anybody out back then either....

... but what is it about Kulta and this dome day prediction that RB would draw all its money away from Rally... sounds very strange.. OK they are maybe not interested to put as much money as before but to take away everything is quite strange...

Where did Kulta predict that? All I saw him quoting another paper.

If you're right about RB offering a seat for 2011 back in 2009, that kinda explains why Marko brings up such lame excuses. It's ovious that Kimi would have make only a couple of points more even without crashes . Which certainly wouldn't have make as much headlines as his accidents and problems did. Actually at this point it would be more understandable if they're disappointed with his crashes not being big enough.
Maybe they were never intended to found Kimi's rally career in the future. They used this year to bind him to them until they'll have a seat to offer in F1 as it was rumoured. Except things didn't go according to plan. Webbo shined, and now they trying to find a way to get out of their commitment to Kimi . Marko said now that "for the next season all our seats are gone and therefore we can't discuss anything", but also "now we have to see what happens in the future ". That's a contradiction. Do they still considering some kind of lesser commitment to Kimi so as not to lose him entirely, or considering to drop him entirely? I think Webber made it very clear, that he intends to honor his contract for next year ( where did I hear that already? :zz: ). Besides all RB guys seems to be utterly convinced, that Kimi is fully committed to rally, once and for all.
So it doesn't look like they expect him to ever come back.

kultas comment about RB whitdrawing from from rally altogether is this one from today:
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/162506.html

the article about Marco in autum 2009 offered a seat in RB f1 2011 is from ts in aprill this year (has also been here on the forum I think), it was the article he wrote after RBR has signed Mark for 2011 and he also had an interview with Robertson about it...

I'm not sure if Kulta refers to what was said before or got some kind of clear confirmation.

I'd be glad if someone could point me to the TS artickle about RB confirm offering a seat to Kimi in 2011, because I surely missed that, and there's no hope to find here. I didn't find on TS site either.

Is this what you're talking about? : "Marko otti viime vuonna yhteyttä Räikköseen ja hänen manageriinsa Steve Robertsoniin välittömästi Ferrarin vahvistettua ostavansa tämän sopimuksen ulos. Tällä tapaaamisella Red Bull-johto varautui mahdollisuuteen vaihtaa Webber Räikköseen 2011, mutta australialaiskuskin loistava alkukesä on muuttanut asetelmat."
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/135640.html ... 4&action=0
I didn't take that as an offer, more like that they were supposedly planning that

Marco just said they offered Kimi a seat for 2010?

For me it is difficult to take what Mr. Kulta says seriously at the moment. Not because I dont think he is a very good, straight forward reporter or anything. But because he seems to be in Kimi's and the Robertsons confidence, he might just be writing what the Robertsons what him to write. The fact that one of his articles has suddenly appeared on the official Kimi website, I think points to the fact that they are all in this together.

actually he didn't say that the seat was for 2010, many just assumed the seat he oftered was for 2010... he said they offered Kimi a seat a now its already taken so I assume he is also talking about the 2011 seat, as did Kulta last spring, not the 2010 seat as many here assumed. So they havent admitted to buy somebody out to get kimi in...

Last edited by Julia on 28 Sep 2010, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 12:43  
F1 Driver

I think I hate this Marco guy....and I can't take this going round and round.....I just want Kimi to drive somewhere nice for the next years, not NASCAR of course... :confused:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 12:48  
GP2 Driver

I think too much reading in too much articles created too much confusion :blink: . So, chill out, guys :lol:
You say you've been in a rollercoaster for 2 year ... just imagine if he comes back in F1 what you'll have to get used to :zz:

P.S.For me is much easier to read all this speculation as my opinion about Kimi's future is the same one as in December 2009.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 13:11  
F1 Routinier

beefree88 wrote:
sleenster wrote:
I am going to be sooooooo pissed off if he drags this out until like a week before the F1 or WRC season is about to start, then announces that he's retiring from racing completely.

Well, he said he would have decided already, but it's not just up to him. Better be prepared to anything though.
So nothing new, that's Kimi for you. Never boring and simple. Perfect scenario for a soap opera :p
I always said he's a PR goldmine.They just never came to even close to utilize the possibility, because they were too busy to mold him to their expectations instead of playing to the opportunities his personality offers

Sorry, that was just an offhanded comment that I made. I know that it's not really up to Kimi to decide at this point. It's just that I'm going to feel so frustrated and emotionally exhausted if we are put through this emotional rollercoaster because of all these rumours, only to find out in February or March that he is going to retire completely from racing.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 13:19  
GP2 Driver

well said rko281, very well said... I told myself to just sit back and wait for the result, but seems I'm being sucked in again for no good reason...must be too much free time on my hands or something hahhaha

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 13:20  
GP2 Driver

Acropolis wrote:
I think I hate this Marco guy....and I can't take this going round and round.....I just want Kimi to drive somewhere nice for the next years, not NASCAR of course... :confused:

I also don´t like him, he has a negative presence. BTW how old is he? Some innercircle competition against Bernie??!!! :blink: :huh:
I would prefer Nascar over WRC. My sweet little couple would be together again. My Pablo and my Kimbo. :hug:
But overall F1 is my favourite =/

I think I can poste it also here....
Take a break.

No Theories, just real MEMORIES. That´s my new slogan. (if no articles disturb me anymore )
So, I guess it´s a hard time for Kimiholics but Memories never fade away,
so here´s the Preview to my new video 'MEMORIES'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VktQiOZdkqg

I hope you enjoy it, also the melancholic touch of it. Kimi fans like me, sometimes become very sentimental about this hole rollercoaster ride...

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 13:38  
GP2 Driver

rko281 wrote:
I think too much reading in too much articles created too much confusion :blink: . So, chill out, guys :lol:
You say you've been in a rollercoaster for 2 year ... just imagine if he comes back in F1 what you'll have to get used to :zz:

P.S.For me is much easier to read all this speculation as my opinion about Kimi's future is the same one as in December 2009.

Lol Exactly!!!!
luieluv wrote:
ReAlien wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:
I am going out on a limp and say something. I think Webber may not drive for Red Bull next year. If he wins the WDC he might retire, and he might have probably told the team about it. If he does not win, he would probably be fired. So the team knows either way Webber won't be there, and they may have contacted Kimi for an F1 seat next year. An offer too good to resist for the second time for Kimi? Particularly having gone through the rigours of WRC, he knows what it takes to reach the top there.

If Webber loses the title from here, Red Bull is not going to be happy. He has had what one minor mechanical issue in the fastest car this year? That gear box change in Canada where he was back to front from P7 in no time any way after the race started. So, with almost no reliability issues, and considering how much he has slated the team in public, I won't be surprised if Red Bull decides to let him go after the season.
I'm not sure if your view of Webber's future is correct. Though I hate his guts for his attitude I have to admit he's a great driver. And he won lost of races this year owing to his talent and wit.

I guess even TS story is in sync with Dheeban's gut feeling :
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/162506.html
Reading that article ie seems HK is saying that Kimi has almost no options for 2011. Pointing out at retirement. :fear:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 13:53  
F1 Driver

The heartache is going to be immense.....
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 14:04  
F1 Rookie

Acropolis wrote:
not NASCAR of course... :confused:
Why? :n

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 14:06  
F1 Driver

I dont get the feeling that kimi will retire, its all just silly season games, and we are playing along.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 14:10  
GP2 Driver

hubs is a fan of montoya's and has been following his progress (or lack thereof) in Nascar. If kimi goes to Nascar, we'll def both get into it together just as how he got me into F1 (becos of montoya) in the first place :blink: I can just see us booking us some flights to go watch our heros going round oval track after oval track :lol:

FORZA FERRARI Flag:## FORZA FERNANDO Flag:## WDC 2010 IS DEF IN HIS POCKET NOW! Flag:##

Last edited by brendakarli on 28 Sep 2010, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 14:11  
F1 Driver

Maria d wrote:
I dont get the feeling that kimi will retire, its all just silly season games, and we are playing along.

I wish you are correct, my logic says you're correct, I think sometimes we drown into pessimism!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 14:13  
F1 Driver

ReAlien wrote:
Acropolis wrote:

Those races look kind of weird to me....
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 14:14  
F1 Driver

Julia wrote:
Boudica wrote:
Marco just said they offered Kimi a seat for 2010?

For me it is difficult to take what Mr. Kulta says seriously at the moment. Not because I dont think he is a very good, straight forward reporter or anything. But because he seems to be in Kimi's and the Robertsons confidence, he might just be writing what the Robertsons what him to write. The fact that one of his articles has suddenly appeared on the official Kimi website, I think points to the fact that they are all in this together.

actually he didn't say that the seat was for 2010, many just assumed the seat he oftered was for 2010... he said they offered Kimi a seat a now its already taken so I assume he is also talking about the 2011 seat, as did Kulta last spring, not the 2010 seat as many here assumed. So they havent admitted to buy somebody out to get kimi in...

He said "We were in contact with him and he made quite clear that he wants to go to rally at the moment and we accepted that and we made a deal."

Assume from that what you want. :)

brendakarli wrote:
boudica,

U been watching too much high school musical?? :lol: Just kidding, yeah, methinks it is clear HK hss been in Kimi's corner for a long time now and will nto do anything to jeopardize the relationship, esp if kimi might be considering a move back to F1. I only wish HK would calm our nerves by telling us fans that kimi is in a good place or something to that effect (u know what I mean?)...this has been a 2-year rollercoaster ride for us and it is not good for our health :fear:

apple,
I wish u a speedy recovery, sorry for my tardiness!

Ha I must admit I have never watch high school musical. But F1 is a bit like a playground sometimes. I have just seen a lot of F1 politics, the bosses in F1 rarely makes statements without a meaning behind it. I was also one of first people who said that Kimi would not be driving for Ferrari this year, at that other place (which name shall not be mentioned).

rko281 wrote:

I must admit I like a bit of speculation every now and again. However you said that Kimi would be driving for Red Bull next year in WRC? With all of Marco's blabbering dont you think that option is a bit in jeopardy?

Truthfully I dont have an opinion on what Kimi will be doing or should be doing next year. Whatever he decides or whatever happens, I cant really do anything about it, so I am very much at ease with whatever happens. However I do get a feeling from all of the statements and everything going on, that there will be something happening on the drivers market whether it has something to do with Kimi or not remains to be seen.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 14:21  
F1 Driver

Acropolis wrote:
ReAlien wrote:
Acropolis wrote:

Those races look kind of weird to me....

they are...and Nascar needs something,the stands for the last race were so empty, a lot of Nascar fans are getting bored .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 385  Next