It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 22:52

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176 ... 385  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 09:12  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 00:22
Posts: 1074
luieluv wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Renault willing to meet with Raikkonen

By Jonathan Noble Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 08:42 GMT

Renault team principal Eric Boullier wants to meet face-to-face with Kimi Raikkonen to get a better understanding of how keen the Finn is to return to Formula 1, as the French manufacturer continues evaluating slotting him in alongside Robert Kubica in 2011.

As AUTOSPORT revealed after the Italian Grand Prix, Raikkonen and Renault made contact earlier this month to discuss the possibility of a tie-up for next year - with such a deal having been off the cards earlier this year.

And although Renault has made no secret of the fact that current driver Vitaly Petrov can still retain his seat if he shows signs of improvement, the outfit is still weighing up the pros and cons of taking Raikkonen.

But before it will consider entering serious negotiations with Raikkonen and his management team, Boullier has said he wants to know for sure that the former world champion is fully motivated for a comeback.

And to do that, Boullier thinks he must meet Raikkonen face-to-face so he can see for himself whether there is a genuine hunger to find F1 success with Renault.

"It is definitely getting closer to when we will make a decision," Boullier told AUTOSPORT. "But we really want to consider all of the options.

"I decided to tell some drivers that we will not carry on discussions with them, so we know wait and see - but Kimi remains one of our scenarios.

"I have said many times that I want to meet with him first before we do anything more. I want to understand more about his wish to come back."

With Petrov having made another qualifying mistake in Singapore, after spinning out of Q2 and damaging his car, Boullier admitted that he had not yet seen enough to convince him the Russian is the right man for his team in 2011.

"It is still frustrating because he keeps doing mistakes," explained Boullier. "We put a lot of pressure on him and definitely he was not on the pace on Friday but he was there on Saturday.

"He qualified 13th with a crash in Q2, so it was a strange situation. The race could have been good, but he opened up a little bit too much the door and [Nico] Hulkenberg did a kamikaze move on him. It is racing, and it was unfortunate."

When asked whether the decision on Petrov rested on commercial factors or performance, Boullier said: "It is definitely not a money issue. It is only the understanding for him to fit in F1 - and for us to give as much support as we need to give him to make sure he could be, shall I say, a decent second driver to score points next year.

"If Robert is fighting like now for fifth position and Petrov can finish seventh or eighth then that is fine. This is what we expect from a young driver. And it means his learning curve is still improving. If he is already at the limit, then it is a different matter."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87045

Just when we thought Renault - Kimi Raikkonen was more of a publicity stunt.. we come to know that Boullier seems seriously keen.. :lol: :lol:

Another twist may be


I can't believe Boullier is still at it. His bluff has been called why would Kimi reject a Red Bull seat to take a Renault seat.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 09:18  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 21:07
Posts: 515
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
SpaMaster wrote:
I am going out on a limp and say something. I think Webber may not drive for Red Bull next year. If he wins the WDC he might retire, and he might have probably told the team about it. If he does not win, he would probably be fired. So the team knows either way Webber won't be there, and they may have contacted Kimi for an F1 seat next year. An offer too good to resist for the second time for Kimi? Particularly having gone through the rigours of WRC, he knows what it takes to reach the top there.

If Webber loses the title from here, Red Bull is not going to be happy. He has had what one minor mechanical issue in the fastest car this year? That gear box change in Canada where he was back to front from P7 in no time any way after the race started. So, with almost no reliability issues, and considering how much he has slated the team in public, I won't be surprised if Red Bull decides to let him go after the season.
I'm not sure if your view of Webber's future is correct. Though I hate his guts for his attitude I have to admit he's a great driver. And he won lost of races this year owing to his talent and wit.

_________________
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 09:25  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 21:07
Posts: 515
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
brendakarli wrote:

I would say that - and if this sounds negative about kimi - kimi prob made the decision to rally for a number of reasons, one he gets to do his hobby is for a whole year which is like a vacation; two, he gets to keep all the 2010 money by going to some other motorsport; three, he can take this 2010 oppportunity to see if he can switch to rally full time.
+1 That is always my answer to those who ask why he refused McLaren (and now RBR) offers for 2010. He did what he wanted to do and I have nothing against it.

_________________
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 09:28  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
ReAlien wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:
I am going out on a limp and say something. I think Webber may not drive for Red Bull next year. If he wins the WDC he might retire, and he might have probably told the team about it. If he does not win, he would probably be fired. So the team knows either way Webber won't be there, and they may have contacted Kimi for an F1 seat next year. An offer too good to resist for the second time for Kimi? Particularly having gone through the rigours of WRC, he knows what it takes to reach the top there.

If Webber loses the title from here, Red Bull is not going to be happy. He has had what one minor mechanical issue in the fastest car this year? That gear box change in Canada where he was back to front from P7 in no time any way after the race started. So, with almost no reliability issues, and considering how much he has slated the team in public, I won't be surprised if Red Bull decides to let him go after the season.
I'm not sure if your view of Webber's future is correct. Though I hate his guts for his attitude I have to admit he's a great driver. And he won lost of races this year owing to his talent and wit.

I guess even TS story is in sync with Dheeban's gut feeling :
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/162506.html

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 09:35  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45
Posts: 665
Julia wrote:
wow, the speculations are going hot again... but nice that marco opend his mouth this time maybe a little bit more positive, hopefully he could one day he could correct some information about Kimi also to the international press... about the RBR seat they offered Kimi and he said no to... I think there is a missunderstanding here. Atleast Robertson admitted to kulta about it last spring but the RBR seat Kimi was offered in summer 2009 was not a seat 2010 but 2011, so they/marko were not planning to put anybody out back then either....

... but what is it about Kulta and this dome day prediction that RB would draw all its money away from Rally... sounds very strange.. OK they are maybe not interested to put as much money as before but to take away everything is quite strange...


Where did Kulta predict that? All I saw him quoting another paper.

If you're right about RB offering a seat for 2011 back in 2009, that kinda explains why Marko brings up such lame excuses. It's ovious that Kimi would have make only a couple of points more even without crashes . Which certainly wouldn't have make as much headlines as his accidents and problems did. Actually at this point it would be more understandable if they're disappointed with his crashes not being big enough.
Maybe they were never intended to found Kimi's rally career in the future. They used this year to bind him to them until they'll have a seat to offer in F1 as it was rumoured. Except things didn't go according to plan. Webbo shined, and now they trying to find a way to get out of their commitment to Kimi . Marko said now that "for the next season all our seats are gone and therefore we can't discuss anything", but also "now we have to see what happens in the future ". That's a contradiction. Do they still considering some kind of lesser commitment to Kimi so as not to lose him entirely, or considering to drop him entirely? I think Webber made it very clear, that he intends to honor his contract for next year ( where did I hear that already? :zz: ). Besides all RB guys seems to be utterly convinced, that Kimi is fully committed to rally, once and for all.
So it doesn't look like they expect him to ever come back.

_________________
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 09:43  
GP2 Driver

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 16:45
Posts: 491
[quote="beefree88] If you're right about RB offering a seat for 2011 back in 2009, that kinda explains why Marko brings up such lame excuses. It's ovious that Kimi would have make only a couple of points more even without crashes . Which certainly wouldn't have make as much headlines as his accidents and problems did. Actually at this point it would be more understandable if they're disappointed with his crashes not being big enough.
Maybe they were never intended to found Kimi's rally career in the future. They used this year to bind him to them until they'll have a seat to offer in F1 as it was rumoured. Except things didn't go according to plan. Webbo shined, and now they trying to find a way to get out of their commitment to Kimi . Marko said now that "for the next season all our seats are gone and therefore we can't discuss anything", but also "now we have to see what happens in the future ". That's a contradiction. Do they still considering some kind of lesser commitment to Kimi so as not to lose him entirely, or considering to drop him entirely? I think Webber made it very clear, that he intends to honor his contract for next year ( where did I hear that already? :zz: ). Besides all RB guys seems to be utterly convinced, that Kimi is fully committed to rally, once and for all.
So it doesn't look like they expect him to ever come back.[/quote]

+1
I have to say I am a pessimist and I do think we will not see kimi racing in F1 again. If he stays in rally, he may be in some other team, not citroen but other than that, I believe kimi will just be competing in other events for the heck of it

_________________
The JINX
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 09:45  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45
Posts: 665
luieluv wrote:
ReAlien wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:
I am going out on a limp and say something. I think Webber may not drive for Red Bull next year. If he wins the WDC he might retire, and he might have probably told the team about it. If he does not win, he would probably be fired. So the team knows either way Webber won't be there, and they may have contacted Kimi for an F1 seat next year. An offer too good to resist for the second time for Kimi? Particularly having gone through the rigours of WRC, he knows what it takes to reach the top there.

If Webber loses the title from here, Red Bull is not going to be happy. He has had what one minor mechanical issue in the fastest car this year? That gear box change in Canada where he was back to front from P7 in no time any way after the race started. So, with almost no reliability issues, and considering how much he has slated the team in public, I won't be surprised if Red Bull decides to let him go after the season.
I'm not sure if your view of Webber's future is correct. Though I hate his guts for his attitude I have to admit he's a great driver. And he won lost of races this year owing to his talent and wit.

I guess even TS story is in sync with Dheeban's gut feeling :
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/162506.html


I think that's more like wishful thinking. Kulta seems to accept what was being said. Namely that no Renault, RB pulls out of Kimi's WRC project, and they doesn't even consider him in F1, only mentioning Webbo's possible retirement.

_________________
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 11:32  
F1 Driver

Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44
Posts: 1608
beefree88 wrote:
Julia wrote:
wow, the speculations are going hot again... but nice that marco opend his mouth this time maybe a little bit more positive, hopefully he could one day he could correct some information about Kimi also to the international press... about the RBR seat they offered Kimi and he said no to... I think there is a missunderstanding here. Atleast Robertson admitted to kulta about it last spring but the RBR seat Kimi was offered in summer 2009 was not a seat 2010 but 2011, so they/marko were not planning to put anybody out back then either....

... but what is it about Kulta and this dome day prediction that RB would draw all its money away from Rally... sounds very strange.. OK they are maybe not interested to put as much money as before but to take away everything is quite strange...


Where did Kulta predict that? All I saw him quoting another paper.

If you're right about RB offering a seat for 2011 back in 2009, that kinda explains why Marko brings up such lame excuses. It's ovious that Kimi would have make only a couple of points more even without crashes . Which certainly wouldn't have make as much headlines as his accidents and problems did. Actually at this point it would be more understandable if they're disappointed with his crashes not being big enough.
Maybe they were never intended to found Kimi's rally career in the future. They used this year to bind him to them until they'll have a seat to offer in F1 as it was rumoured. Except things didn't go according to plan. Webbo shined, and now they trying to find a way to get out of their commitment to Kimi . Marko said now that "for the next season all our seats are gone and therefore we can't discuss anything", but also "now we have to see what happens in the future ". That's a contradiction. Do they still considering some kind of lesser commitment to Kimi so as not to lose him entirely, or considering to drop him entirely? I think Webber made it very clear, that he intends to honor his contract for next year ( where did I hear that already? :zz: ). Besides all RB guys seems to be utterly convinced, that Kimi is fully committed to rally, once and for all.
So it doesn't look like they expect him to ever come back.



kultas comment about RB whitdrawing from from rally altogether is this one from today:
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/162506.html

the article about Marco in autum 2009 offered a seat in RB f1 2011 is from ts in aprill this year (has also been here on the forum I think), it was the article he wrote after RBR has signed Mark for 2011 and he also had an interview with Robertson about it...
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 11:44  
F1 Driver

Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44
Posts: 1608
ReAlien wrote:
brendakarli wrote:

I would say that - and if this sounds negative about kimi - kimi prob made the decision to rally for a number of reasons, one he gets to do his hobby is for a whole year which is like a vacation; two, he gets to keep all the 2010 money by going to some other motorsport; three, he can take this 2010 oppportunity to see if he can switch to rally full time.
+1 That is always my answer to those who ask why he refused McLaren (and now RBR) offers for 2010. He did what he wanted to do and I have nothing against it.


+1 my picture of it too ...and he did it fully award of that it probably would close the doors to F1 with that move. But as he has said himself there is more to life than F1.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 11:57  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45
Posts: 665
Julia wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
Julia wrote:
wow, the speculations are going hot again... but nice that marco opend his mouth this time maybe a little bit more positive, hopefully he could one day he could correct some information about Kimi also to the international press... about the RBR seat they offered Kimi and he said no to... I think there is a missunderstanding here. Atleast Robertson admitted to kulta about it last spring but the RBR seat Kimi was offered in summer 2009 was not a seat 2010 but 2011, so they/marko were not planning to put anybody out back then either....

... but what is it about Kulta and this dome day prediction that RB would draw all its money away from Rally... sounds very strange.. OK they are maybe not interested to put as much money as before but to take away everything is quite strange...


Where did Kulta predict that? All I saw him quoting another paper.

If you're right about RB offering a seat for 2011 back in 2009, that kinda explains why Marko brings up such lame excuses. It's ovious that Kimi would have make only a couple of points more even without crashes . Which certainly wouldn't have make as much headlines as his accidents and problems did. Actually at this point it would be more understandable if they're disappointed with his crashes not being big enough.
Maybe they were never intended to found Kimi's rally career in the future. They used this year to bind him to them until they'll have a seat to offer in F1 as it was rumoured. Except things didn't go according to plan. Webbo shined, and now they trying to find a way to get out of their commitment to Kimi . Marko said now that "for the next season all our seats are gone and therefore we can't discuss anything", but also "now we have to see what happens in the future ". That's a contradiction. Do they still considering some kind of lesser commitment to Kimi so as not to lose him entirely, or considering to drop him entirely? I think Webber made it very clear, that he intends to honor his contract for next year ( where did I hear that already? :zz: ). Besides all RB guys seems to be utterly convinced, that Kimi is fully committed to rally, once and for all.
So it doesn't look like they expect him to ever come back.



kultas comment about RB whitdrawing from from rally altogether is this one from today:
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/162506.html

the article about Marco in autum 2009 offered a seat in RB f1 2011 is from ts in aprill this year (has also been here on the forum I think), it was the article he wrote after RBR has signed Mark for 2011 and he also had an interview with Robertson about it...


I'm not sure if Kulta refers to what was said before or got some kind of clear confirmation.

I'd be glad if someone could point me to the TS artickle about RB confirm offering a seat to Kimi in 2011, because I surely missed that, and there's no hope to find here. I didn't find on TS site either.

Is this what you're talking about? : "Marko otti viime vuonna yhteyttä Räikköseen ja hänen manageriinsa Steve Robertsoniin välittömästi Ferrarin vahvistettua ostavansa tämän sopimuksen ulos. Tällä tapaaamisella Red Bull-johto varautui mahdollisuuteen vaihtaa Webber Räikköseen 2011, mutta australialaiskuskin loistava alkukesä on muuttanut asetelmat."
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/135640.html ... 4&action=0
I didn't take that as an offer, more like that they were supposedly planning that

_________________
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 12:16  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 00:22
Posts: 1074
ReAlien wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:
I am going out on a limp and say something. I think Webber may not drive for Red Bull next year. If he wins the WDC he might retire, and he might have probably told the team about it. If he does not win, he would probably be fired. So the team knows either way Webber won't be there, and they may have contacted Kimi for an F1 seat next year. An offer too good to resist for the second time for Kimi? Particularly having gone through the rigours of WRC, he knows what it takes to reach the top there.

If Webber loses the title from here, Red Bull is not going to be happy. He has had what one minor mechanical issue in the fastest car this year? That gear box change in Canada where he was back to front from P7 in no time any way after the race started. So, with almost no reliability issues, and considering how much he has slated the team in public, I won't be surprised if Red Bull decides to let him go after the season.
I'm not sure if your view of Webber's future is correct. Though I hate his guts for his attitude I have to admit he's a great driver. And he won lost of races this year owing to his talent and wit.


I actually like Webber he is a good driver. But he has also driven the best car this year it is obvious that he will have a few good result. Now there is still a few races left and everything can happen, Webber might still the WDC. But what if he doesn't?
Red Bull has produced the best car, Webber had virtually no mechanical issues. If the whole team works really hard to produce the best car of the year and drivers fail them, I am predicting problems. If you cant win the championship with the best car, what should the team do with such a driver? It becomes a dead-end. Red Bull have produced a very good car for two years in a row, how long is it before they start to think that the drivers are the weak link. Red Bull spends millions every year, their goal is to win. It they provide the right tools for the job it is up to the drivers to use those tools. If Lewis for example were driving a Red Bull this year, how far ahead would he have been in the championship right now? We all know first hand that F1 is often a merciless business, Marco has now already admitted that they were willing to buy out one of their driver's contracts. So what is to stop them from doing it this year, if their drivers doesn't win the championship? Irrespective of Kimi in this whole situation, they could just as well make an offer for Kubica. Therefore I am just wondering whether this sudden candidness from Marco isn't perhaps more of a message to the F1 team.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 12:32  
F1 Driver

Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44
Posts: 1608
beefree88 wrote:
Julia wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
Julia wrote:
wow, the speculations are going hot again... but nice that marco opend his mouth this time maybe a little bit more positive, hopefully he could one day he could correct some information about Kimi also to the international press... about the RBR seat they offered Kimi and he said no to... I think there is a missunderstanding here. Atleast Robertson admitted to kulta about it last spring but the RBR seat Kimi was offered in summer 2009 was not a seat 2010 but 2011, so they/marko were not planning to put anybody out back then either....

... but what is it about Kulta and this dome day prediction that RB would draw all its money away from Rally... sounds very strange.. OK they are maybe not interested to put as much money as before but to take away everything is quite strange...


Where did Kulta predict that? All I saw him quoting another paper.

If you're right about RB offering a seat for 2011 back in 2009, that kinda explains why Marko brings up such lame excuses. It's ovious that Kimi would have make only a couple of points more even without crashes . Which certainly wouldn't have make as much headlines as his accidents and problems did. Actually at this point it would be more understandable if they're disappointed with his crashes not being big enough.
Maybe they were never intended to found Kimi's rally career in the future. They used this year to bind him to them until they'll have a seat to offer in F1 as it was rumoured. Except things didn't go according to plan. Webbo shined, and now they trying to find a way to get out of their commitment to Kimi . Marko said now that "for the next season all our seats are gone and therefore we can't discuss anything", but also "now we have to see what happens in the future ". That's a contradiction. Do they still considering some kind of lesser commitment to Kimi so as not to lose him entirely, or considering to drop him entirely? I think Webber made it very clear, that he intends to honor his contract for next year ( where did I hear that already? :zz: ). Besides all RB guys seems to be utterly convinced, that Kimi is fully committed to rally, once and for all.
So it doesn't look like they expect him to ever come back.



kultas comment about RB whitdrawing from from rally altogether is this one from today:
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/162506.html

the article about Marco in autum 2009 offered a seat in RB f1 2011 is from ts in aprill this year (has also been here on the forum I think), it was the article he wrote after RBR has signed Mark for 2011 and he also had an interview with Robertson about it...


I'm not sure if Kulta refers to what was said before or got some kind of clear confirmation.

I'd be glad if someone could point me to the TS artickle about RB confirm offering a seat to Kimi in 2011, because I surely missed that, and there's no hope to find here. I didn't find on TS site either.

Is this what you're talking about? : "Marko otti viime vuonna yhteyttä Räikköseen ja hänen manageriinsa Steve Robertsoniin välittömästi Ferrarin vahvistettua ostavansa tämän sopimuksen ulos. Tällä tapaaamisella Red Bull-johto varautui mahdollisuuteen vaihtaa Webber Räikköseen 2011, mutta australialaiskuskin loistava alkukesä on muuttanut asetelmat."
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/135640.html ... 4&action=0
I didn't take that as an offer, more like that they were supposedly planning that



yeah, thats probably the article i referred to, thanx to searching it up ... No definitely not so black and white a i remembered just Kulta hinting about it already back then... Kulta is sometimes so cryptical whith his writing ...

... but the point I was trying to make with that comment earlier was that back than they newer talked about 2010 but about 2011... and Kimi has turned already ones down their (RB f1) offer so its quite clear why they are so utterly convinced he has no plans to come back to F1....


Last edited by Julia on 28 Sep 2010, 12:55, edited 2 times in total.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 12:32  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 00:22
Posts: 1074
beefree88 wrote:
Julia wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
Julia wrote:
wow, the speculations are going hot again... but nice that marco opend his mouth this time maybe a little bit more positive, hopefully he could one day he could correct some information about Kimi also to the international press... about the RBR seat they offered Kimi and he said no to... I think there is a missunderstanding here. Atleast Robertson admitted to kulta about it last spring but the RBR seat Kimi was offered in summer 2009 was not a seat 2010 but 2011, so they/marko were not planning to put anybody out back then either....

... but what is it about Kulta and this dome day prediction that RB would draw all its money away from Rally... sounds very strange.. OK they are maybe not interested to put as much money as before but to take away everything is quite strange...


Where did Kulta predict that? All I saw him quoting another paper.

If you're right about RB offering a seat for 2011 back in 2009, that kinda explains why Marko brings up such lame excuses. It's ovious that Kimi would have make only a couple of points more even without crashes . Which certainly wouldn't have make as much headlines as his accidents and problems did. Actually at this point it would be more understandable if they're disappointed with his crashes not being big enough.
Maybe they were never intended to found Kimi's rally career in the future. They used this year to bind him to them until they'll have a seat to offer in F1 as it was rumoured. Except things didn't go according to plan. Webbo shined, and now they trying to find a way to get out of their commitment to Kimi . Marko said now that "for the next season all our seats are gone and therefore we can't discuss anything", but also "now we have to see what happens in the future ". That's a contradiction. Do they still considering some kind of lesser commitment to Kimi so as not to lose him entirely, or considering to drop him entirely? I think Webber made it very clear, that he intends to honor his contract for next year ( where did I hear that already? :zz: ). Besides all RB guys seems to be utterly convinced, that Kimi is fully committed to rally, once and for all.
So it doesn't look like they expect him to ever come back.



kultas comment about RB whitdrawing from from rally altogether is this one from today:
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/162506.html

the article about Marco in autum 2009 offered a seat in RB f1 2011 is from ts in aprill this year (has also been here on the forum I think), it was the article he wrote after RBR has signed Mark for 2011 and he also had an interview with Robertson about it...


I'm not sure if Kulta refers to what was said before or got some kind of clear confirmation.

I'd be glad if someone could point me to the TS artickle about RB confirm offering a seat to Kimi in 2011, because I surely missed that, and there's no hope to find here. I didn't find on TS site either.

Is this what you're talking about? : "Marko otti viime vuonna yhteyttä Räikköseen ja hänen manageriinsa Steve Robertsoniin välittömästi Ferrarin vahvistettua ostavansa tämän sopimuksen ulos. Tällä tapaaamisella Red Bull-johto varautui mahdollisuuteen vaihtaa Webber Räikköseen 2011, mutta australialaiskuskin loistava alkukesä on muuttanut asetelmat."
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/135640.html ... 4&action=0
I didn't take that as an offer, more like that they were supposedly planning that


Marco just said they offered Kimi a seat for 2010?

For me it is difficult to take what Mr. Kulta says seriously at the moment. Not because I dont think he is a very good, straight forward reporter or anything. But because he seems to be in Kimi's and the Robertsons confidence, he might just be writing what the Robertsons what him to write. The fact that one of his articles has suddenly appeared on the official Kimi website, I think points to the fact that they are all in this together.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 12:36  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45
Posts: 665
Boudica wrote:
I actually like Webber he is a good driver. But he has also driven the best car this year it is obvious that he will have a few good result. Now there is still a few races left and everything can happen, Webber might still the WDC. But what if he doesn't?
Red Bull has produced the best car, Webber had virtually no mechanical issues. If the whole team works really hard to produce the best car of the year and drivers fail them, I am predicting problems. If you cant win the championship with the best car, what should the team do with such a driver? It becomes a dead-end. Red Bull have produced a very good car for two years in a row, how long is it before they start to think that the drivers are the weak link. Red Bull spends millions every year, their goal is to win. It they provide the right tools for the job it is up to the drivers to use those tools. If Lewis for example were driving a Red Bull this year, how far ahead would he have been in the championship right now? We all know first hand that F1 is often a merciless business, Marco has now already admitted that they were willing to buy out one of their driver's contracts. So what is to stop them from doing it this year, if their drivers doesn't win the championship? Irrespective of Kimi in this whole situation, they could just as well make an offer for Kubica. Therefore I am just wondering whether this sudden candidness from Marco isn't perhaps more of a message to the F1 team.


Did he really admit that? Besides if they fail to win the WDC this year it's more likely that they stick with supporting Vettel next year

_________________
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 12:41  
GP2 Driver

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 16:45
Posts: 491
boudica,

U been watching too much high school musical?? :lol: Just kidding, yeah, methinks it is clear HK hss been in Kimi's corner for a long time now and will nto do anything to jeopardize the relationship, esp if kimi might be considering a move back to F1. I only wish HK would calm our nerves by telling us fans that kimi is in a good place or something to that effect (u know what I mean?)...this has been a 2-year rollercoaster ride for us and it is not good for our health :fear:

apple,
I wish u a speedy recovery, sorry for my tardiness!

_________________
The JINX
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176 ... 385  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB