Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sammyosammy » 26 Sep 2010, 19:03

@ beefree, pls let me make my own judgements who to cheer for and who not :hug:
@ boudica, opinions, we all have opinions..? Kimi with Monster just isn´t a marriage made in heaven in my papers.

Pls people, do not get offended if someone´s expectations differs from Your´s. Peace :)

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 26 Sep 2010, 21:33

sammyosammy wrote:@ beefree, pls let me make my own judgements who to cheer for and who not :hug:
@ boudica, opinions, we all have opinions..? Kimi with Monster just isn´t a marriage made in heaven in my papers.

Pls people, do not get offended if someone´s expectations differs from Your´s. Peace :)

I just stated my personal opinion which is apparently different than yours. Sometimes I simply get tired of people expecting this or that from Kimi, or anybody else and this was apparently one of those moments. Maybe I'm just not taking very well watching Scandalonso winning race after race, and the same time reading how Kimi is not successful enough, so he should lower his demands and go back to F1 . I'm really sorry if you got offended .
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 27 Sep 2010, 04:38

@ beefree,

I totally feel the same way...it seems my jinxing powers are not working when I cannot really feel the love for someone... I must really push myself to love ONLY Fonzi - I have to admit that the two racers I support have had DNFs when I was rooting for them (even secretly). So I better learn to focus my LOVE solely on FONZI. It's hard - and my hubby said to me that even if I try to support Fonzi, God knows what's in my heart, so it is pointless to try and jinx him hahahhaha.

As for Kimi, I am also not feeling positive about his chances in both WRC and F1, that was why I said he may just decide to focus on making kimi juniors... last but not least, I thought Schummy would do well last night but it was naother disappointing race for him - Rosberg was quite humorous ...when the reporter asked him if he thought the race was tough (cos he was sweating profusely), he replied "no, I can go for one more race right now!" and he laughed and said "of course it was a tough race"

Flag:## Forza Ferrari Flag:## Forza Fonzi Flag:##

I hope some of u here can convince me to LOVE Fonzi to get my jinxing powers to work again :n
The JINX

Dan
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Dan » 27 Sep 2010, 05:09

beefree88 wrote:I just stated my personal opinion which is apparently different than yours. Sometimes I simply get tired of people expecting this or that from Kimi, or anybody else and this was apparently one of those moments. Maybe I'm just not taking very well watching Scandalonso winning race after race, and the same time reading how Kimi is not successful enough, so he should lower his demands and go back to F1 . I'm really sorry if you got offended .

Same here. Just remember Kimi's first year in F1. He had so many crashes, including last race with Alesi. That's the way to learn. Somebody maybe will analise how many crashes did Loeb or Ogier had, or any other driver in their first year. In the beginning of the year Kimi was more then a minute per stage slower then the first, now is only 20-30 seconds. I think this is impruvement.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 27 Sep 2010, 05:53

This is an interesting blog post:
http://motorsportsramblings.blogspot.co ... gress.html

The author does make some interesting points, but there's definitely a lot of things I disagree with in his post. For those who don't want to read anything "controversial" about Kimi, you might probably want to skip reading this.

I also hope I don't get stoned to death for posting this :pray:

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 27 Sep 2010, 06:17

Well I thought it wasnt a bad article Sleenster I understand what the guy who wrote it is getting at but There are parts that make my blood boil........but then again there is so much negativity written about Kimi anyway so this is mild in comparison. I personally feel that people just "dont get Kimi" they unfortunately never really have. The same thing happened to Ayrton (there was so much vicious rubbish written about him.......I remember it well) Of course when he died they changed their tune like all gutter snipe journolists do to make money.

You know its great that Kimi doesn't let all the negative rubbish written about him affect him, I really admire his strength of character. I reckon we rant and get angry on his behalf.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 27 Sep 2010, 06:32

Linda-Anne wrote:Well I thought it wasnt a bad article Sleenster I understand what the guy who wrote it is getting at but There are parts that make my blood boil........but then again there is so much negativity written about Kimi anyway so this is mild in comparison. I personally feel that people just "dont get Kimi" they unfortunately never really have. The same thing happened to Ayrton (there was so much vicious rubbish written about him.......I remember it well) Of course when he died they changed their tune like all gutter snipe journolists do to make money.

You know its great that Kimi doesn't let all the negative rubbish written about him affect him, I really admire his strength of character. I reckon we rant and get angry on his behalf.

Thanks Linda-Anne, at least there's one person who's not going to stone me to death so far :hug:
Yeah, towards the end it got quite bad but at the beginning of the article he made some good points that Kimi is inexperienced and the media's expectations of him have gone overboard. I mean, ultimately it's his blog and he is free to write whatever he wants but there were some parts that were more thought-provoking than what some actual journalists write.

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 27 Sep 2010, 06:40

sleenster wrote:This is an interesting blog post:

The author does make some interesting points, but there's definitely a lot of things I disagree with in his post. For those who don't want to read anything "controversial" about Kimi, you might probably want to skip reading this.

Thanks for the info. I find it interesting and mostly agree with it too. I had the same thoughts about IRC. However I doubt RB would have sponsor him there. I'm not sure Kaj would have followed him there either. Also wouldn't say so early that he won't be faster. We have no real comparison, since he started his career in WRC while he's still trying to learn the very basics. Some things have to become automatic before he can concentrate on driving. That's what Latvala was talking about, and I have no reason not to believe him. Who did what and how decades back is no real comparison either. Loeb said he was actually faster this time in Japan (which was only 2 years ago), than he was last time, but the general level of competition become higher since then. There are lots of smaller and bigger differences, but my point is, that I save judgement for later. Kimi is known for being capable of doing unexpected things. Under no circumstances would I say, he's not capable of doing this or that in the future, I just try to follow his progress patiently.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 27 Sep 2010, 06:44

beefree88 wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:@ beefree, pls let me make my own judgements who to cheer for and who not :hug:

I just stated my personal opinion which is apparently different than yours. Sometimes I simply get tired of people expecting this or that from Kimi, or anybody else and this was apparently one of those moments. Maybe I'm just not taking very well watching Scandalonso winning race after race, and the same time reading how Kimi is not successful enough, so he should lower his demands and go back to F1 . I'm really sorry if you got offended .

For the beginning - not offended anyhow :)
As far as I see, our opinions doesn´t differ that much. Copy with You the expectations of people, copy with You people telling him what to do or not and certainly copy with You watching Scandalonso winning thing (sometimes I´m able to separate this from people comparing him to Kimi but also often I do not manage to do it). I´m also tired with all the BS he is getting from the media, from the people.
Been following his career since Formula Renault times and in raw talent he must be one of the most talented drivers in any series in the history. But - also been following Rally since B-groupers (yes, that makes me as an old chap) which brings me to this conclusion; there are thousands of young guys there who has been breathing rally all they lives. If Mr. Loeb retires, If Mikko and Jari-Mari retires, there´s always top guns coming to fill up their seats.

He is improving in rally, he is developing. It is true. But still it is quite hard to win a 10.000 meter track run when the others may start from 8.000 meter line.
Like said - he is improving big time but as a racer, as a winner-type guy..? For how long it is enough for the man himself...?

You may believe, I´m a true blooded fan of the man, no matter what. But also kind of confused and nervy nowadays :confused:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 27 Sep 2010, 06:54

beefree88 wrote:

Thanks for the info. I find it interesting and mostly agree with it too. I had the same thoughts about IRC. However I doubt RB would have sponsor him there. I'm not sure Kaj would have followed him there either. Also wouldn't say so early that he won't be faster. We have no real comparison, since he started his career in WRC while he's still trying to learn the very basics. Some things have to become automatic before he can concentrate on driving. That's what Latvala was talking about, and I have no reason not to believe him. Who did what and how decades back is no real comparison either. Loeb said he was actually faster this time in Japan (which was only 2 years ago), than he was last time, but the general level of competition become higher since then. There are lots of smaller and bigger differences, but my point is, that I save judgement for later. Kimi is known for being capable of doing unexpected things. Under no circumstances would I say, he's not capable of doing this or that in the future, I just try to follow his progress patiently.

Well Kris Meeke is currently the IRC champion and he is sponsored by Red Bull, so there is involvement in IRC for Red Bull. And it's also a lot cheaper to compete in the IRC because they use S2000 cars so sponsorship money won't be so hard to get even if Red Bull is not involved.

But anyway........ I think if Kimi can manage to get even just a podium or a win one day, that is a HUGE, major accomplishment in itself and he would have done something that very few other drivers would even be capable of doing and I think that record would stand for a very long time. I would love to see him make history by doing that.

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 27 Sep 2010, 07:14

sammyosammy wrote:
beefree88 wrote:

As far as I see, our opinions doesn´t differ that much. Copy with You the expectations of people, copy with You people telling him what to do or not and certainly copy with You watching Scandalonso winning thing (sometimes I´m able to separate this from people comparing him to Kimi but also often I do not manage to do it). I´m also tired with all the BS he is getting from the media, from the people.
Been following his career since Formula Renault times and in raw talent he must be one of the most talented drivers in any series in the history. But - also been following Rally since B-groupers (yes, that makes me as an old chap) which brings me to this conclusion; there are thousands of young guys there who has been breathing rally all they lives. If Mr. Loeb retires, If Mikko and Jari-Mari retires, there´s always top guns coming to fill up their seats.

He is improving in rally, he is developing. It is true. But still it is quite hard to win a 10.000 meter track run when the others may start from 8.000 meter line.
Like said - he is improving big time but as a racer, as a winner-type guy..? For how long it is enough for the man himself...?

You may believe, I´m a true blooded fan of the man, no matter what. But also kind of confused and nervy nowadays :confused:

I have my doubts too. If I would watch him only for enjoying his success, I'd definitely hope, he'll stop possibly making a fool of himself by taking up an impossible challenge. However I'm equally sure that he would kick himself later if he lets the chance of realizing his dream pass without even trying. The Kimi I know and respect is not like that. I remember young Kimi coming to the holy world of F1 claiming that he can be just as good as King Schumacher is, and believing it too. Considering his inexperience it sounded extremely arrogant. Yet this same strong confidence and accompanied tenacity was the added ingredient that lifted him above other talented drivers, who had more experience, or better background. The guy is basically trained and brought up to rise above the hindraces he had all his life one way or another. Started from fighting with his two years older brother, through weaker equipment, to unreliable car, painful accidents, or unfitting car. Sauber (I think it was him) described him as somebody who could break through a brick wall to reach his goal, and he had a point. The first and most important step to reach high goals is to believe you can reach them, whatever happens around you.

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 27 Sep 2010, 07:26

beefree88 wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
beefree88 wrote:

I have my doubts too. If I would watch him only for enjoying his success, I'd definitely hope, he'll stop possibly making a fool of himself by taking up an impossible challenge. However I'm equally sure that he would kick himself later if he lets the chance of realizing his dream pass without even trying. The Kimi I know and respect is not like that. I remember young Kimi coming to the holy world of F1 claiming that he can be just as good as King Schumacher is, and believing it too. Considering his inexperience it sounded extremely arrogant. Yet this same strong confidence and accompanied tenacity was the added ingredient that lifted him above other talented drivers, who had more experience, or better background. The guy is basically trained and brought up to rise above the hindraces he had all his life one way or another. Started from fighting with his two years older brother, through weaker equipment, to unreliable car, painful accidents, or unfitting car. Sauber (I think it was him) described him as somebody who could break through a brick wall to reach his goal, and he had a point. The first and most important step to reach high goals is to believe you can reach them, whatever happens around you.

+1 Amen to that :thumbsup:

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 27 Sep 2010, 09:33

beefree88 wrote:

Well just look at it this way, especially those who want Kimi back in F1. If Alonso wins this years WDC there will be a lot of unhappy faces at Red Bull. :( :lol:
Last edited by Boudica on 27 Sep 2010, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 27 Sep 2010, 09:34

beefree88 wrote:

Thanks for the article, it was a great read! The last sentence hurt though, like a knife in the heart. :(

I agree 100%, Beefree! :)

beefree88 wrote:I have my doubts too. If I would watch him only for enjoying his success, I'd definitely hope, he'll stop possibly making a fool of himself by taking up an impossible challenge. However I'm equally sure that he would kick himself later if he lets the chance of realizing his dream pass without even trying. The Kimi I know and respect is not like that. I remember young Kimi coming to the holy world of F1 claiming that he can be just as good as King Schumacher is, and believing it too. Considering his inexperience it sounded extremely arrogant. Yet this same strong confidence and accompanied tenacity was the added ingredient that lifted him above other talented drivers, who had more experience, or better background. The guy is basically trained and brought up to rise above the hindraces he had all his life one way or another. Started from fighting with his two years older brother, through weaker equipment, to unreliable car, painful accidents, or unfitting car. Sauber (I think it was him) described him as somebody who could break through a brick wall to reach his goal, and he had a point. The first and most important step to reach high goals is to believe you can reach them, whatever happens around you.

Fantastic post!!!! :shhh: Such nice words and so true! :)

Off-Topic: show
Még a könyvbe is beleírhatnánk. :O

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 27 Sep 2010, 09:51

Why or why Kimi?
Another long bumpy ride for us Kimi fans...