Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 491
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 16:45

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by brendakarli » 25 Sep 2010, 02:35

kimi himself says he prob wants to stick to WRC... I have no reason to believe he will head back to F1 even though I much prefer him there :( but hubby says he will be back to F1 next year and to mark his words... oh well, only time will tell :blink:
The JINX

User avatar
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5293
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by luieluv » 25 Sep 2010, 03:16

Thanks a lot nicole.

Yes i too believe that Kimi would stick to WRC. But hey if shrewd robertson can convince team for higher wages then i strongly believe they will present their offer of F1 to kimi in such a way that it would be difficult for kimi to reject it. And the fact which almost everyone has pointed out is that Kimi loves to Drive F1 cars. So anything is possible.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

User avatar
icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 537
Joined: 22 Apr 2010, 01:59

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by icemaid » 25 Sep 2010, 03:24

Vettel tells it straight and says he misses Räikkönen and wants him back.

– Personally I would be really happy if Kimi would drive in F1 again. I think he is one of the best drivers and one of my most genuine favorites from the the whole F1-bunch.

– A year in rally hasn't taken an inch away of Kimi's competitiveness. I think that Kimi will come back if he gets the chance to drive for the WDC 100%, Vettel says.



I feel the same too! :thumbsup:

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 513
Joined: 14 Apr 2010, 01:30

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by SpaMaster » 25 Sep 2010, 04:30

Chris Dyer, can anyone be more affable than this guy? Top notch! :hatoff:

Kubica is definitely shifting to rally some day then!

Wow, Vettel has made his intentions very clear about Kimi, hasn't he? He wants Kimi in F1, and he thinks Kimi would come back if there is a WDC car. I don't know if his words would have any impact on Red Bull management! :p
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 491
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 16:45

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by brendakarli » 25 Sep 2010, 08:48

SpaMaster,

I think RBR is in danger of losing young vettel as MW has openly said he would court vettel when his contract with RBR is approaching its end. Surely, RBR heard it loud and clear esp now that webster is basking in the limelight after making all that public noise about being numero 2. However, webs has said openly to heikki kulta that he would only want to stay with RBR since he is too old to learn up how another team operates etc. This makes plenty of sense and he also did say that RBR stuck with him when he was in that horrible accident. So he is at least loyal even though those few GPs ago, he was clearly affected by being in/losing the lead etc.

From the sound of things, kimi's options in F1 are alomost nil and WRC is pending sponsorship etc issues, in the end, he may really end up with nothing for 2011. The maybe he will focus on making little kimi juniors :n
The JINX

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Wolfie » 25 Sep 2010, 09:10

SpaMaster wrote:Chris Dyer, can anyone be more affable than this guy? Top notch! :hatoff:

Kubica is definitely shifting to rally some day then!

Wow, Vettel has made his intentions very clear about Kimi, hasn't he? He wants Kimi in F1, and he thinks Kimi would come back if there is a WDC car. I don't know if his words would have any impact on Red Bull management! :p


Hats off to Chris Dyer since he just trashed all the false talks about Kimi's unmotivation that some still seem to believe in :hatoff:

They were all pretty much singing the same song, that it's up to Kimi himself, what he wants.

I'm so happy that Kimi isn't spending time on the paddock trying to talk himself into a team there and making himself look desperate.

Apple said yesterday that maybe there is some rift between RBR and Kimi, that Kimi has been betrayed by them or something like that? Hence the rumours about Renault and Monster since negotiations between RBR and Citroen still seems to be pending?

But the greatest thing is that we can all sit back and see how key-persons working closely with Kimi are one by one correcting all false accusations about Kimi :shhh:

Kimi-fans got so much heat over defending him from false accusations. I like it that Kimi's name and reputation gets cleaned up and in the end justice always wins :O
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 800
Joined: 27 May 2010, 19:28

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sammyosammy » 25 Sep 2010, 09:36

brendakarli wrote:SpaMaster,

I think RBR is in danger of losing young vettel as MW has openly said he would court vettel when his contract with RBR is approaching its end. Surely, RBR heard it loud and clear esp now that webster is basking in the limelight after making all that public noise about being numero 2. However, webs has said openly to heikki kulta that he would only want to stay with RBR since he is too old to learn up how another team operates etc. This makes plenty of sense and he also did say that RBR stuck with him when he was in that horrible accident. So he is at least loyal even though those few GPs ago, he was clearly affected by being in/losing the lead etc.

From the sound of things, kimi's options in F1 are alomost nil and WRC is pending sponsorship etc issues, in the end, he may really end up with nothing for 2011. The maybe he will focus on making little kimi juniors :n


Suggested that some months ago but the option I heard is already ruled out. By the ladies at this very forum :O

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 491
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 16:45

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by brendakarli » 25 Sep 2010, 09:45

why has it been ruled out? I'd very much like to help him in this dept but alas I belong to someone else already :blush:

Wolfie may have a point regarding a fallout with RBR - maybe it was decided that they would take him for F1 in 2011 but they signed the contract with webber so now kimi is without a drive or something along those lines, and kimi would def not want for webber to go through what he did in ferrari if he is a decent fellow human being and esp if webber wins the WDC. RBR would also end up with more haters if they kick webber to the kerb like ferrari did with kimi. so it's all very mysterious right now....

anyhow, I must not forget to cheer that alonso will win tmr. I also think webber will be on podium tmr. My gut also says that by tmr's race, vettel would be ruled out of contention for WDC (cos he will likely DNF seeing he's been so accident prone lately) too so we'll see if he is willing top help webber to clinch the title.

FONSI TO WIN S"PORE GP 2010!

The JINX
The JINX

User avatar
SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 244
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 13:10

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by SilentKiller » 25 Sep 2010, 09:50

brendakarli wrote:
FONSI TO WIN WDC 2010!

The JINX

Fixed.


amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 593
Joined: 15 Mar 2008, 07:11
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Contact:

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by amoljoshi » 25 Sep 2010, 10:25

Anelise wrote:http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/f1/2010/09/1193285


The same Renault boss wants to meet Kimi news.. :wave:

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 513
Joined: 14 Apr 2010, 01:30

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by SpaMaster » 25 Sep 2010, 10:27

Apart from Chris Dyer, the words that caught me are Vettel's. I mean the boy really seems to want Kimi back. He also sounded genuinely concerned the last time he spoke about it saying politics is probably what drove out Kimi and made him take a break.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

User avatar
Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1074
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 00:22

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Boudica » 25 Sep 2010, 11:47

Wolfie wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:Chris Dyer, can anyone be more affable than this guy? Top notch! :hatoff:

Kubica is definitely shifting to rally some day then!

Wow, Vettel has made his intentions very clear about Kimi, hasn't he? He wants Kimi in F1, and he thinks Kimi would come back if there is a WDC car. I don't know if his words would have any impact on Red Bull management! :p


Hats off to Chris Dyer since he just trashed all the false talks about Kimi's unmotivation that some still seem to believe in :hatoff:

They were all pretty much singing the same song, that it's up to Kimi himself, what he wants.

I'm so happy that Kimi isn't spending time on the paddock trying to talk himself into a team there and making himself look desperate.

Apple said yesterday that maybe there is some rift between RBR and Kimi, that Kimi has been betrayed by them or something like that? Hence the rumours about Renault and Monster since negotiations between RBR and Citroen still seems to be pending?

But the greatest thing is that we can all sit back and see how key-persons working closely with Kimi are one by one correcting all false accusations about Kimi :shhh:

Kimi-fans got so much heat over defending him from false accusations. I like it that Kimi's name and reputation gets cleaned up and in the end justice always wins :O



I dont know if the thing with Red Bull is really that bad, when it comes to WRC I dont think Marco has that much clout. The press might also be jumping on this more then necessary. It could also very well have something to do with the Monster rumours. It could be that they are not happy because Kimi is talking to their biggest competitor, or it might even be that Kimi has already signed something with Monster. On the otherhand who knows, it might be serious. However at this stage of the game there might be a lot of posturing going on, and we dont know everyone's agenda so it might be better to not take anything to seriously right now.
Image

User avatar
SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 244
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 13:10

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by SilentKiller » 25 Sep 2010, 14:42

For those who want Kimi to Reno in 2011.......Petrov crashes in Quali again.

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 491
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 16:45

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by brendakarli » 25 Sep 2010, 15:31

but the reno seems to only be the 4th or 5th best car...not what kimi is looking for...
The JINX

Post Reply