It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 09:11

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 385  Next
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 07:54  
F1 Driver

Wolfie wrote:
sleenster wrote:
So I was listening to the TotalRally.com podcast today and they were chatting with Colin Clark about Kimi's situation for next year.

The podcast is here and they start talking about Kimi around 34:30
http://www.totalrally.com/podcast/TRPodcast20100922.mp3

According to Colin Clark he claims that Red Bull are very keen to write the cheque to sponsor Kimi's rallying for next year. Colin also says that Kimi has already received an offer from Citroen, he just hasn't signed it yet.

But here is the strange part, Colin says that Kimi would much rather be among Finns and that he has heard from people around the service park who know Kimi that Kimi feels his progress would be much better if he were among Finnish drivers. And so the best place to be among Finns is at Ford or the Monster team.
(This is such an utterly bizarre explanation, I really don't understand it at all. Does it mean that Kimi is not happy being in a French team? :huh: )

But Colin also says that if he were to bet on it, he'd probably say Kimi would still be at Citroen next year.

Thanks Sleenster :shhh:

It would make sense to me. Kimi would probably feel more at home with a Finnish team - or drivers.

Marcus Grönholm - Mini?

Tommi Mäkinen?

And... if it's true that he only has a one year contract with Red Bull and they are desperately trying to sign up Kimi and he has said no... then Marko's comments make perfect sense "He has not done enough for us" = "He doesn't want us"

It would be face-saving.

the only problem with that theory is that laast week Kimi admitted to David Evans/autosport that it it was upp to him only he would had already decided about next year... so there has to be something in the RB equation we dont know. Do you still remember tha autosport article after bulgaria where an anonymous RB person said that they very very happy with what he had done and he was very,very good for their brand. and they where quite sure they would continue also next year. And in Finland after that they launched the iceman-RB merchandish... OK, his last tree races hasn't been spectacular but to change from he is very,very good to our brand to we are not sure about next year, in a couple of months, is quite drastic...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 07:58  
F1 Rookie

Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

It would make sense to me. Kimi would probably feel more at home with a Finnish team - or drivers.

Marcus Grönholm - Mini?

Tommi Mäkinen?

And... if it's true that he only has a one year contract with Red Bull and they are desperately trying to sign up Kimi and he has said no... then Marko's comments make perfect sense "He has not done enough for us" = "He doesn't want us"

It would be face-saving.

I love your way of thinking! :O

I agree about RB F1 team, I don't want there Kimi anymore.

But in a Mercedes... with Ross Brawn... with Nico Rosberg as a team-mate... with Norbert Haug, the "Kimi fan-girl" :shhh: :shhh: :shhh:

I think Markko's comments are taken out of context. On the other hand Kimi probably decides based on details we don't even know. RB too. Like last year when it turned out Kimi had a serious offer from the best WRC team with the help of a big sponsor. It makes sense now, but how many of us knew more about it than some uncertain details? We knew WRC bosses would welcome Kimi, some people are convinced he goes to rally, and Robertson visited RB in the paddock. That's about it. A fraction of what we thought we knew for certain.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 07:59  
F1 Driver

luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:

Today's print version of Autosport is reporting that Kimi has not received an offer from Red Bull yet. Basically I think it looks like autosport took the original motorsport-total.com article and wrote their own article by putting in their own "interpretation" of Helmut Marko's words. Since when did autosport turn into MTV3? :huh: I mean, what a ridiculous headline, "Red Bull: No value in Raikkonen". WTF?? Even Helmut Marko didn't even say that!!

So, who to believe? We have Colin Clark saying that Red Bull are happy to sponsor Kimi, then autosport (the supposedly reliable news source that seems to have turned into a tabloid rag) is saying the opposite.

What is funny is that in the column on the right side of the page, David Evans, Autosport's rally editor is basically saying that Helmut Marko has ridiculous expectations and that he lives on a different planet. :lol:

Yeah David evans is so correct. I am sure autosport mentioned this article so as to they can have their view by their rally expert evans and tell the world what ridiculous mind set this hamloot has.

yeah, I also think that David Evans mentioned it on purpos so he could give his wiew whitch was a nice punch (and realitycheck)... intresting to see if RB is going to react in some way or just stay quiet... because autosports wiew is definitely not going to go unnoticed by them ...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 08:06  
F1 Driver

beefree88 wrote:
It's a bit confusing to have conversation about the same topic in two different threads. Couldn't we merge them somehow?
viewtopic.php?f=152&t=5792&start=5205

I have been thinking of the same thing ... we quite often speculate also in the monster thread ... so Im for merging ....but do you others think one thread becomes too massive?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 08:19  
F1 Routinier

Julia wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
It's a bit confusing to have conversation about the same topic in two different threads. Couldn't we merge them somehow?

I have been thinking of the same thing ... we quite often speculate also in the monster thread ... so Im for merging ....but do you others think one thread becomes too massive?

I feel we should not discuss and speculate kimi back to F1 in that monster thread.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 08:20  
F1 Routinier

Julia wrote:
beefree88 wrote:

This is a tricky question but I think that it's good to have the Monster-thread alive and flowing since eventually we all come here to discuss speculations and I can always move some posts here from the thread instead of merging the threads.

It's good to have one thread with speculations, like Y-Ning said; musical chairs :lol:

Otherwise some posts might get 'buried' in the Monster-thread and I for one love to see how the speculations take so many forms :lol:

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 08:32  
F1 Routinier

luieluv wrote:
Julia wrote:
beefree88 wrote:

I feel we should not discuss and speculate kimi back to F1 in that monster thread.

:shhh:

And hey, aren't we all 'Kimi-ish' here meaning we don't like it too strict :lol:

Mietzicat's post was about Kimi being in Singapore so methinks she put it in the right thread.

This speculation-thread is growing a lot and something the Swedish people said about the speculations around Kimi (Aftonbladet speculates a lot about Kimi):

Quote:
The other rumour says that Kimi is going to Swebus (a Swedish bus-company). It's really fun to see how much he wants to drive these days. A few weeks ago it was Le Mans when he at the same time he 'definitely' closed the F1-door, now it's both F1 and Nascar. Why not IRL or MotoGP while he is on the spin? I believe that everything right now should be taken as rumours. He seems to like it in rally and is in a good position when thinking about the future but if he is going to make a F1-comeback then it has to happen soon. It would be cool if he would come back next year and beat Alonso with Renault when Alonso is driving a Ferrari.

Quote:
Ha ha ha! Dammit, imagine getting a ride with Swebus Express with Kimi driving, that would be something else! It's a shame that their engines only go 95 km/h.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 08:35  
F1 Routinier

Another thing; Leo Turrini mentioned in one of his articles that Kimi must have known something about Mercedes GP 2010 that Schumi missed completely = the car not that good :lol:

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 08:36  
F1 Rookie

Wolfie wrote:
Julia wrote:
beefree88 wrote:

This is a tricky question but I think that it's good to have the Monster-thread alive and flowing since eventually we all come here to discuss speculations and I can always move some posts here from the thread instead of merging the threads.

It's good to have one thread with speculations, like Y-Ning said; musical chairs :lol:

Otherwise some posts might get 'buried' in the Monster-thread and I for one love to see how the speculations take so many forms :lol:

I'm not objecting against having two threads. I just tried to find an artickle about Kimi's future I didn't have the time to read properly. As it turned out, it was "buried" in the other thread . Or vice versa since I don't know which was first. Maybe I should have posted this in the other thread
:confused:

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 08:41  
F1 Routinier

Beefree, we should really start to make an effort and not post so much :lol:

It's a nightmare for me too to find articles so I have started to copy them in my archives instead of browsing through 30 pages trying to find it.

But hey, if you are missing an article then asking on these threads would be a good idea (have to start to do so myself too).

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 09:14  
F1 Rookie

Wolfie wrote:
Beefree, we should really start to make an effort and not post so much :lol:

It's a nightmare for me too to find articles so I have started to copy them in my archives instead of browsing through 30 pages trying to find it.

But hey, if you are missing an article then asking on these threads would be a good idea (have to start to do so myself too).

Off-Topic: show
Usually I save the artickles right when I see them. The thing is, it was an artickle posted yesterday, but by the time I arrived, there was a conversation about the same topic in both threads with various similar artickles, and responses to them .

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 10:43  
F1 Routinier

Lotus to make 2011 announcements on Friday

Racing series F1
Date 2010-09-23
By Motorsport.com/GMM

Lotus has scheduled a raft of "exciting announcements" for Friday in Singapore.

According to widespread paddock sentiment, the press conference will include confirmation of a technical tie-up with Renault, and an official change of name to the historic 'Team Lotus'.

Indeed, a team-liveried AirAsia plane shown off by team and airline owner Tony Fernandes on Thursday is already emblazoned with a 'Team Lotus' logo.

Almost certainly also on the agenda will be confirmation of the 2011 driver lineup.

Asked about the rumours in Singapore on Thursday evening, Heikki Kovalainen said: "Let's put it this way and then leave it at that; I know where I want to be."

Fernandes said: "We'll be making a couple of very exciting announcements."

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 10:44  
F1 Routinier

hmm.. now this is the key as to whether heikki and trulli would be retained as the drivers for 2011 or will one of them make a way for petrov?

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 10:56  
F1 Routinier

Quote:
Petrov relaxed about his future

By Jonathan Noble and Matt Beer Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 10:30 GMT

Vitaly Petrov says he is relaxed about his chances of retaining his Renault seat for 2011, despite several other names being linked to the drive.

Renault told its Russian rookie earlier this season that he needed to show more consistent top 10 form to be certain of staying on for a second year - and Petrov responded with a string of points finishes.

But speculation about his future has continued, with former world champion Kimi Raikkonen understood to have approached Renault, and the likes of Heikki Kovalainen and Adrian Sutil also linked with the seat.

Petrov said he was calm about his situation, though, and that the pressure was more on his rivals for the role.

"I am not worried," he said. "I do my job. I know what I am doing.

"Why should I worry? They must worry. I will continue to do my job and I think everything is good."

He is optimistic about his chances of a strong run this weekend on his Singapore debut.

"I think it is good for our car and for our team," said Petrov. "We look quite strong here and I hope everything will be good for us. We will see."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86874

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 10:56  
GP2 Driver

luieluv wrote:
hmm.. now this is the key as to whether heikki and trulli would be retained as the drivers for 2011 or will one of them make a way for petrov?

Petrov's next year seat is in no way related to Kimi. Forget about all the press releases that Renault had for the last 2 weeks (milking all the possible opportunities).
Even if Trulli retires (about time in my opinion) and Petrov goes there, Kimi won't end up in the Renault seat.
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 385  Next