It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 09:08

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 385  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 13:07  
GP2 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 20 Apr 2010, 07:09
Posts: 307
Ok, then. But in my defense this is the WRC or F1 thread though :p

_________________
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 13:30  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
How would this affect Kimi Raikkonen?

Vitaly Petrov makes his bid for 2011 Race Seat.

Quote:
Renault secures new Russian partner

By Pablo Elizalde Tuesday, September 21st 2010, 13:12 GMT

Renault has announced that Russian company Vyborg Shipyard JSC has become a team partner for the final five races of the 2010 season.

The deal marks the second partnership with a Russian company in 2010 for Renault, following the agreement with Lada.

"Both companies have been attracted to the team by Vitaly Petrov's promising debut season as Russia's first ever F1 driver," said the team in a statement.

Vyborg Shipyard JSC, one of the largest shipbuilding companies in the North-Western region of Russia, will have its logos featured on the chassis of both cars for the remainder of the 2010 season.

Petrov, a native of Vyborg, will also carry the logo on his overalls.

The deal comes amid speculation about the future of the Russian driver in the team, with Kimi Raikkonen having contacted Renault over the possibility of a return to F1 next year.

link:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86854

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 13:37  
Kart Champion
User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2010, 12:40
Posts: 169
SpaMaster wrote:
sleenster: I think we are getting into too much technicalities. :p What I meant was the Junior team is mainly funded/sponsored by Red Bull. The control it has as a result, one could say it is Red Bull team.

Well, Red Bull is a big sponsor, but I think they didn't have a full control (it's Citroen's theam at first). The are paying for Kimi but Ogier has it's own sponsor.
There's Red Bull Rally Team with Skoda cars.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 13:42  
Kart Champion
User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2010, 12:40
Posts: 169
luieluv wrote:
How would this affect Kimi Raikkonen?

Vitaly Petrov makes his bid for 2011 Race Seat.

link:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86854

I think it will not have any affect... I don't see Kimi in Ranualt anyway ))

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 13:43  
F1 Driver

Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44
Posts: 1608
luieluv wrote:
How would this affect Kimi Raikkonen?

Vitaly Petrov makes his bid for 2011 Race Seat.

Quote:
Renault secures new Russian partner



link:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86854



I think the plan is working just as Renault wanted ie atleast one russian company's have realized that they have to put money on the table to secure Petrovs seat but they still haven't got a titelsponsor so they probably wait for that to come in the coming weeks... is it just me who has missed Petrovs promising debut?... from what I have read the last days its quite clear that renault is going to choose the money in front of the best driver available ... but I also belive that Robertsons intention wasn't to get a seat for Kimi in the renault... so nothing changes
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 14:23  
kart driver

Joined: 20 Aug 2010, 11:28
Posts: 31
Just saw on tv in Romania that Renault will sign Petrov, because of Kimi's money demands. But in the end, it's all about sponsors, just like Ferrari did. It's a shame F1 become so dirty. And Kimi doesn't need and deserved this treatment.
Looks like teams donn't need rezults, they only need money for other purposes


http://formula1.automarket.ro/stiri/ren ... 33330.html
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 14:24  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01
Posts: 5553
Lunna wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:
sleenster: I think we are getting into too much technicalities. :p What I meant was the Junior team is mainly funded/sponsored by Red Bull. The control it has as a result, one could say it is Red Bull team.

Well, Red Bull is a big sponsor, but I think they didn't have a full control (it's Citroen's theam at first). The are paying for Kimi but Ogier has it's own sponsor.
There's Red Bull Rally Team with Skoda cars.

Thank you Lunna!! That was what I was trying to say too!
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 14:25  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 19:11
Posts: 1771
Location: New York
Julia wrote:
luieluv wrote:
How would this affect Kimi Raikkonen?

Vitaly Petrov makes his bid for 2011 Race Seat.

Quote:
Renault secures new Russian partner



link:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86854



I think the plan is working just as Renault wanted ie atleast one russian company's have realized that they have to put money on the table to secure Petrovs seat but they still haven't got a titelsponsor so they probably wait for that to come in the coming weeks... is it just me who has missed Petrovs promising debut?... from what I have read the last days its quite clear that renault is going to choose the money in front of the best driver available ... but I also belive that Robertsons intention wasn't to get a seat for Kimi in the renault... so nothing changes

:thumbsup: i agree with you, they used Kimi to get money from Russian companies .i dont see him going to Renault.
i still see him in red bull F1 in 2011.

_________________
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 14:55  
Kart Champion
User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2010, 12:40
Posts: 169
Dan wrote:
Just saw on tv in Romania that Renault will sign Petrov, because of Kimi's money demands. But in the end, it's all about sponsors, just like Ferrari did. It's a shame F1 become so dirty. And Kimi doesn't need and deserved this treatment.
Looks like teams donn't need rezults, they only need money for other purposes


http://formula1.automarket.ro/stiri/ren ... 33330.html

Well, if Renault need a driver with sponsor rather then a top-driver why we (and Kimi) shoud bother about them? It's not a team with champion ambitions.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 15:05  
GP2 Driver

Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 15:43
Posts: 227
I hope they finally sign Pterov and we can stop all this bull****. All this Kimi-Renault saga is just "dust in the wind". First, Robertson talked a bit with Renault (it's what he is payed for), they talked, not even negociate or something. Then for 2 weeks the Renault guys are "milking" this thing to the extreme, and surprise a new russian sponsor comes. It was something that most saw it coming!
Hope this is over and they don't come with press releases how Kimi was too expensive and they were not sure about motivation and bla,bla,bla.
Look, it would be a bad move for Kimi to go there, first Kubica is there untill he will get a seat in a Ferrari or Mclaren, second Renault might produce a good car, but over a season they won't be able to keep up with the Mclaren, Ferrari, RedBull, or even Mercedes. And third, he's not one that goes to pick up the crumbles after Alonso. Is one thing for Alonso to go to Ferrari, but Kimi to Renault would be a bad move (he didn't go in 2006 when they were fighting to championships, he won't go now when the team is re-organising itself and just starting to make some good plans).
Hope this will be over and we can discuss the "new" rumour...whatever this will be :lol:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 15:51  
car driver

Joined: 16 Sep 2010, 23:30
Posts: 21
Location: United Kingdom
Maria d wrote:
Julia wrote:
luieluv wrote:
How would this affect Kimi Raikkonen?

Vitaly Petrov makes his bid for 2011 Race Seat.

Quote:
Renault secures new Russian partner



link:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86854



I think the plan is working just as Renault wanted ie atleast one russian company's have realized that they have to put money on the table to secure Petrovs seat but they still haven't got a titelsponsor so they probably wait for that to come in the coming weeks... is it just me who has missed Petrovs promising debut?... from what I have read the last days its quite clear that renault is going to choose the money in front of the best driver available ... but I also belive that Robertsons intention wasn't to get a seat for Kimi in the renault... so nothing changes

:thumbsup: i agree with you, they used Kimi to get money from Russian companies .i dont see him going to Renault.
i still see him in red bull F1 in 2011.

I only ask out of interest, but why do you see him at Red Bull?
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 16:04  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 03:21
Posts: 1406
Location: Indonesia
luieluv wrote:
How would this affect Kimi Raikkonen?

Vitaly Petrov makes his bid for 2011 Race Seat.

Quote:
Renault secures new Russian partner

By Pablo Elizalde Tuesday, September 21st 2010, 13:12 GMT

Renault has announced that Russian company Vyborg Shipyard JSC has become a team partner for the final five races of the 2010 season.

The deal marks the second partnership with a Russian company in 2010 for Renault, following the agreement with Lada.

"Both companies have been attracted to the team by Vitaly Petrov's promising debut season as Russia's first ever F1 driver," said the team in a statement.

Vyborg Shipyard JSC, one of the largest shipbuilding companies in the North-Western region of Russia, will have its logos featured on the chassis of both cars for the remainder of the 2010 season.

Petrov, a native of Vyborg, will also carry the logo on his overalls.

The deal comes amid speculation about the future of the Russian driver in the team, with Kimi Raikkonen having contacted Renault over the possibility of a return to F1 next year.

link:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86854


Quote:
Renault has announced that Russian company Vyborg Shipyard JSC has become a team partner for the final five races of the 2010 season.


if you see the article the sponsor is only for five races.. not next year...
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 16:13  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 19:11
Posts: 1771
Location: New York
kiara wrote:
Maria d wrote:
Julia wrote:
luieluv wrote:
How would this affect Kimi Raikkonen?

Vitaly Petrov makes his bid for 2011 Race Seat.

Quote:
Renault secures new Russian partner



link:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86854



I think the plan is working just as Renault wanted ie atleast one russian company's have realized that they have to put money on the table to secure Petrovs seat but they still haven't got a titelsponsor so they probably wait for that to come in the coming weeks... is it just me who has missed Petrovs promising debut?... from what I have read the last days its quite clear that renault is going to choose the money in front of the best driver available ... but I also belive that Robertsons intention wasn't to get a seat for Kimi in the renault... so nothing changes

:thumbsup: i agree with you, they used Kimi to get money from Russian companies .i dont see him going to Renault.
i still see him in red bull F1 in 2011.

I only ask out of interest, but why do you see him at Red Bull?

hi kiara
this is my twisted logic ...red bull want to keep SV happy, get rid of MW..he likes to whine about being #1or#2driver,get kmi to #1win WDC and#2 to help SV for the future.we know SV and MW do not like each other and SV is the future of f1 Red BULL , and they need to sign him.
i know its a insane way of looking at it, but it keeps me happy. :lol:

_________________
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 17:31  
Kart Champion
User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2010, 12:40
Posts: 169
Maria d wrote:
this is my twisted logic ...red bull want to keep SV happy, get rid of MW..he likes to whine about being #1or#2driver,get kmi to #1win WDC and#2 to help SV for the future.we know SV and MW do not like each other and SV is the future of f1 Red BULL , and they need to sign him.
i know its a insane way of looking at it, but it keeps me happy. :lol:

how red bull will keep SV happy with Kimi next to him?
SV isn't as good this season as I hoped he would so... last thing that red bull needs is kimi in the second cocpit ))

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 18:27  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2010, 19:28
Posts: 800
Maria, not twisted at all.. :O

The longer it takes him to come out with his next season plans, stronger it seems to come out with this spesific order: RBR/F1, Mercedes/F1, Citroen/WRC, Renault/F1. :wave:
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 385  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB