It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 21:42

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 ... 385  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 10:57  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2010, 19:28
Posts: 800
Kriss wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:

I'll try to find it but I don't remember in which thread was it posted


Thanks, I really do not remember that kind of line from the team.


got it :thumbsup:

Quote:
"I was in Germany for four days, but we did not talk about it," Quesnel said. "I heard they wanted to talked about it, but we didn't."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86102[/quote]

This is the one I also remembered. I don´t find anything dramatical in here. They just did not talk. :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 11:00  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:47
Posts: 4316
sammyosammy wrote:
Kriss wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:

I'll try to find it but I don't remember in which thread was it posted


Thanks, I really do not remember that kind of line from the team.


got it :thumbsup:

Quote:
"I was in Germany for four days, but we did not talk about it," Quesnel said. "I heard they wanted to talked about it, but we didn't."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86102


This is the one I also remembered. I don´t find anything dramatical in here. They just did not talk. :thumbsup:[/quote]

It's not dramatical at all I just said that Citroen is waiting for something ...
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 11:02  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01
Posts: 5553
Red Bull's sponsorship decision perhaps?
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 11:04  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:47
Posts: 4316
sleenster wrote:
Red Bull's sponsorship decision perhaps?


That's what I think
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 11:04  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2010, 19:28
Posts: 800
mindgames here, mindgames there, mindgames everywhere.. :lol:

Gotta go and do some sports of my own now. Be good people!!
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 11:04  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 14 Apr 2010, 01:30
Posts: 513
Kriss wrote:
I was just thinking about this mess around Kimi :zz:
Citroen said that Robertson wanted to talk to them but they didn't want to talk to him. That was strange. Maybe Citroen is waiting for Red Bull's answer concerning next year's sponsorship. :huh:
Probably Roberston wanted to speed up things a little bit that's why they contacted Renault. Was it good tactic or bad I have no idea :huh: Since then Mini and Monster are in the picture as well. :confused: Not to mention Ferrari :lol:

But Citroen can't do much to hire Kimi. The Main team is the one they fund. The Junior team is funded by Red Bull. That is - It is basically Red Bull's team, and Red Bull has to hire whoever they want. So, even if Citroen wants Kimi a lot, it cannot happen unless someone funds the Junior team. Or, the main WRC teams may have to have 3-4 car rule change for Citroen to do anything direct about it.

_________________
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 11:09  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:47
Posts: 4316
That's why I think the key is in Citroen - Kimi deal is RB
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 11:09  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01
Posts: 5553
SpaMaster wrote:
Kriss wrote:
I was just thinking about this mess around Kimi :zz:
Citroen said that Robertson wanted to talk to them but they didn't want to talk to him. That was strange. Maybe Citroen is waiting for Red Bull's answer concerning next year's sponsorship. :huh:
Probably Roberston wanted to speed up things a little bit that's why they contacted Renault. Was it good tactic or bad I have no idea :huh: Since then Mini and Monster are in the picture as well. :confused: Not to mention Ferrari :lol:

But Citroen can't do much to hire Kimi. The Main team is the one they fund. The Junior team is funded by Red Bull. That is - It is basically Red Bull's team, and Red Bull has to hire whoever they want. So, even if Citroen wants Kimi a lot, it cannot happen unless someone funds the Junior team. Or, the main WRC teams may have to have 3-4 car rule change for Citroen to do anything direct about it.

Well Ogier is a Citroen driver, not a Red Bull driver, I don't think Ogier is sponsored directly by Red Bull even though he drives for the Junior team. I think the second Junior team seat is for drivers who bring outside sponsorship and it doesn't necessarily have to be Red Bull sponsorship. Last year it was Conrad Rautenbach who paid for the seat.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 11:12  
car driver

Joined: 11 Jun 2010, 18:43
Posts: 24
i usually don't barge into profound discussions like this because i don't think i could cope them :p but all i can say things are waaaay more complicated as articles always speak the half truth.

for instance take this article pointed some pages ago http://www.f1i.com/features.php?id=6909

2 or thre years ago when i first read it i completely believed it. NOW, i can't really say the same. read the hole thing, compare them with the 2009 situation and thinghs somehow don't match. monte seemed the guy who wanted kimi most but we all know what a bastard he was in 2009. on the other hand todt didn't seem to want kimi that much but we all know again how he stood up for him. Finally, if monte was so much into top drivers more than sponsors, why the hell he kept massa and agreed on alonso's/santander demands?

I'm pointing this out to illustrate that truth is always somewhere in the middle and lots of importatnt things are kept away form the public. Bottom line, we just have to be patient once more. and again. :lol: what are we doing here is pure speculation which sometimes is not that healthy for our heart, right? :fear:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 11:13  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01
Posts: 5553
Kriss wrote:
That's why I think the key is in Citroen - Kimi deal is RB

I think so too :thumbsup:

Helmut Marko's comments worry me a bit though if he's not happy with Kimi's performance, because I don't know how much influence he has on Dietrich Mateschitz.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 11:19  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 14 Apr 2010, 01:30
Posts: 513
sleenster wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:
Kriss wrote:
I was just thinking about this mess around Kimi :zz:
Citroen said that Robertson wanted to talk to them but they didn't want to talk to him. That was strange. Maybe Citroen is waiting for Red Bull's answer concerning next year's sponsorship. :huh:
Probably Roberston wanted to speed up things a little bit that's why they contacted Renault. Was it good tactic or bad I have no idea :huh: Since then Mini and Monster are in the picture as well. :confused: Not to mention Ferrari :lol:

But Citroen can't do much to hire Kimi. The Main team is the one they fund. The Junior team is funded by Red Bull. That is - It is basically Red Bull's team, and Red Bull has to hire whoever they want. So, even if Citroen wants Kimi a lot, it cannot happen unless someone funds the Junior team. Or, the main WRC teams may have to have 3-4 car rule change for Citroen to do anything direct about it.

Well Ogier is a Citroen driver, not a Red Bull driver, I don't think Ogier is sponsored directly by Red Bull even though he drives for the Junior team. I think the second Junior team seat is for drivers who bring outside sponsorship and it doesn't necessarily have to be Red Bull sponsorship. Last year it was Conrad Rautenbach who paid for the seat.

Yeah, but Ogier is Citroen prodigy. It's like the Main team saying you have to have my driver if you want a team at all. :lol: It's like how the Red Bull F1 team puts its drivers in Torro Rosso in F1. Whether the other driver brings external sponsorship or Red Bull its sponsors them, it is up to Red Bull. My point was it is Red Bull's team, and they are the one who can hire Kimi.

_________________
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 11:23  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01
Posts: 5553
SpaMaster wrote:
sleenster wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:
Kriss wrote:
I was just thinking about this mess around Kimi :zz:
Citroen said that Robertson wanted to talk to them but they didn't want to talk to him. That was strange. Maybe Citroen is waiting for Red Bull's answer concerning next year's sponsorship. :huh:
Probably Roberston wanted to speed up things a little bit that's why they contacted Renault. Was it good tactic or bad I have no idea :huh: Since then Mini and Monster are in the picture as well. :confused: Not to mention Ferrari :lol:

But Citroen can't do much to hire Kimi. The Main team is the one they fund. The Junior team is funded by Red Bull. That is - It is basically Red Bull's team, and Red Bull has to hire whoever they want. So, even if Citroen wants Kimi a lot, it cannot happen unless someone funds the Junior team. Or, the main WRC teams may have to have 3-4 car rule change for Citroen to do anything direct about it.

Well Ogier is a Citroen driver, not a Red Bull driver, I don't think Ogier is sponsored directly by Red Bull even though he drives for the Junior team. I think the second Junior team seat is for drivers who bring outside sponsorship and it doesn't necessarily have to be Red Bull sponsorship. Last year it was Conrad Rautenbach who paid for the seat.

Yeah, but Ogier is Citroen prodigy. It's like the Main team saying you have to have my driver if you want a team at all. :lol: It's like how the Red Bull F1 team puts its drivers in Torro Rosso in F1. Whether the other driver brings external sponsorship or Red Bull its sponsors them, it is up to Red Bull. My point was it is Red Bull's team, and they are the one who can hire Kimi.

Well the Junior team is run by PH-Sport, which is not actually owned by Red Bull. I think Red Bull does sponsor the Junior team and the factory team, they just don't run it or make all the decisions.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 11:49  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 14 Apr 2010, 01:30
Posts: 513
^ Isn't it true that PH-Sport runs the team for Red Bull? I mean, it is Red Bull's team, but they don't have the personnel to run it other than money. So, they have a racing firm to run their team.

Red Bull may not have created the team. But it is Red Bull's team, isn't it?

_________________
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 12:01  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01
Posts: 5553
SpaMaster wrote:
^ Isn't it true that PH-Sport runs the team for Red Bull? I mean, it is Red Bull's team, but they don't have the personnel to run it other than money. So, they have a racing firm to run their team.

Red Bull may not have created the team. But it is Red Bull's team, isn't it?

I'm not sure what you mean when you say it's Red Bull's team? Do you mean Red Bull created it, own it, sponsor it or run it?
It seems like the team principal for the junior team, Olivier Quesnel, is the same person as the one that runs the factory team and it says that on events the cars are run by Citroen Sport Technologies and share Citroen Sport's facilities.
http://www.wrc.com/news/features/citroen-junior-team/?fid=1202

To my knowledge, Quesnel has referred to Kimi as a Red Bull driver and Ogier as a Citroen driver. I'm not sure why that distinction is made if the entire Junior team is Red Bull's team?
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 12:03  
GP2 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 01:56
Posts: 403
Sorry but when did Marko say he wasn't happy about Kimi's performance?

Have been away for awhile and am now trying to catch up :confused:
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 ... 385  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB