It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 21:35

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 385  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 10:33  
GP2 Driver

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 16:45
Posts: 491
these media outlets are nuts! I am starting to think there is a sick and twisted conspiracy to get all kimi fans' panties (and boxers for the guys :cool: ) in a tight bunch! I'm gonna just wait for the final announcement and until then, I will just laugh at every sick, twisted piece of news about kimi like the one from the italian outlet and MTV3. I really dun appreiciete my blood pressure rising because of stupid things like this!

_________________
The JINX
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 10:44  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45
Posts: 665
brendakarli wrote:
these media outlets are nuts! I am starting to think there is a sick and twisted conspiracy to get all kimi fans' panties (and boxers for the guys :cool: ) in a tight bunch! I'm gonna just wait for the final announcement and until then, I will just laugh at every sick, twisted piece of news about kimi like the one from the italian outlet and MTV3. I really dun appreiciete my blood pressure rising because of stupid things like this!


Well, until they start bashing him again in the process, I have fun with all this. No point to take it seriously.

_________________
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 11:54  
car driver

Joined: 16 Sep 2010, 23:30
Posts: 21
Location: United Kingdom
I have just read Helmut Marko's comments. I think it is unfair to talk about Kimi's results like that when he is a rookie who has switched to rally late in life. But I don't think Marko is particularly keen on any driver who is not part of his young driver program :<>:

But the point about publicity might be valid. WRC coverage is so bad that even a driver as well known as Kimi does not get much coverage outside of the specialist media. Still, if Monster really do want him then they must see some value in the attention he brings! Kimi and Block together would be awesome :D! But if he stays in WRC, I would rather him in a Citroen car still.

It is funny how Kimi is no longer in F1 but so many of the Silly Season rumours surround him for both series! I think maybe Renault is an option for him but I am not convinced that it will happen. I still think WRC is more likely...or maybe I just think that because I prefer him in WRC, even though I love F1 :confused:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 12:24  
GP2 Driver

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 16:45
Posts: 491
kiara,

I love F1 more probably becos we do get to see it all on TV and also becos we can see drvers going at each other. WRC, while kimi seems to be happy in that serie, doesn't allow me to see any of it live and he races only against time. And these drivers have to drive in such trecherous conditions I find myself worrying for all of them - its like they may lose their lives chasing after father time. F1 seems a lot safer (maybe it is the maternal instincts in me :blush: )

I actually recently bought a red bull shirt that is styled like I work for the RB factory...dun tell me I got to burn it :zz: speaking of which, I should burn my ferrari cap along with the shirt too :lol:

think I'll just wait for the final announcement for now...

_________________
The JINX
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 12:42  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:14
Posts: 651
Location: finland
MTV 3 pitstop blog keeper is speculating with a few things.
First he thinks Kimi might have changed his mind after Japan, he might have thought he will never challence ogier,Latvala and Hirvo..
Second he thinks Kaj might have had enough or more so his troops at home.
Third he thinks Markos talks about Kimis rally success contra his advertising value could be RBRs pressure to Kimi to come back to F1. They dont think he is valuable to them at rally but more valuable at F1.

Well, I think this whole mess is just a big theatre which all the parties in it are now playing. I still think Kimi is one step closer to rally than F1.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 13:07  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010, 01:59
Posts: 537
Call me naive :blush: , but I still hope Kimi get back to F1 next year. :pray:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 13:23  
car driver

Joined: 16 Sep 2010, 23:30
Posts: 21
Location: United Kingdom
brendakarli wrote:
kiara,

I love F1 more probably becos we do get to see it all on TV and also becos we can see drvers going at each other. WRC, while kimi seems to be happy in that serie, doesn't allow me to see any of it live and he races only against time. And these drivers have to drive in such trecherous conditions I find myself worrying for all of them - its like they may lose their lives chasing after father time. F1 seems a lot safer (maybe it is the maternal instincts in me :blush: )

I actually recently bought a red bull shirt that is styled like I work for the RB factory...dun tell me I got to burn it :zz: speaking of which, I should burn my ferrari cap along with the shirt too :lol:

think I'll just wait for the final announcement for now...

I understand that totally! F1 is much easier to follow and it is probably my favourite form of motorsport so it would be nice to see Kimi there....but on the other hand he seems much happier in rally so maybe it is better that he is there. Unless he feels that he will never be able to win :confused:

Apple, thank you for that information, there are some interesting things in there. It does sound possible that maybe Kimi changed his mind after Japan if he has now contacted Renault. But I don't agree with the blogger's view about Marko's comments. Kimi is more valuable in F1 than WRC, but I think Marko would still rather a young driver like Buemi next to Vettel because that is his main focus, not marketing. But I don't think Red Bull will get rid of Webber for next year, whatever happens. Maybe he will chose to retire, but I doubt he will be asked to leave.

It is all very confusing, just like last year! I too feel that he is closer to WRC than F1 but even that is all up in the air. So all we can do is wait for his decision, but if last year is anything to go by then we might be waiting a while! :blink:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 13:23  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:46
Posts: 1163
Location: Hungary
icemaid wrote:
Call me naive :blush: , but I still hope Kimi get back to F1 next year. :pray:


Hope dies last... LOL

Welcome, Kiara! :)

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 13:59  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
The blog Apple told about is great, here is all of it:

Quote:
Did Japan change Kimi's mind?

By Oskari Saari
17. syyskuuta 2010

Call me oldfashioned but I still have a few principles in my job. One of them is, unlike some of my colleagues have, not to claim having some 'inside information' when I haven't. I emphasize that the following text is more or less speculation.

After the disclaimer I must immediately ask why Kimi Räikkönen's name jumped up like a blobber again in the F1-speculations?

I disagree with Lauri Hollo who writes in his blog that every statement is twisted and turned into Kimi's possible comeback. Usually this is the case. Not this time. Now it's serious. Räikkönen's manager has admitted having discussions with Renault. Renault on the other hand has confirmed it.

Why now? Didn't Kimi just recently say as straight as one can say without saying: I've seen F1. I believe that Räikkönen didn't go to rally for only one year to begin with. All the side remarks about winning the championship in rally indicated that.

What if he has had enough of it in Japan? Räikkönen has drove off quite many times and the offs have not been under any top speed. Even though he has the talent for rally also, was it enough for Kimi? Did Räikkönen think that his pace will never be fast enough to stay up with Loeb, Latvala and Hirvonen?

Another theory: What if the co-driver has had enough?

Did the experienced co-driver Kaj Lindström get bored with getting a sore neck in almost every rally? Maybe with Kaitsu's age the job isn't that important anymore. What if he has got some remarks from his home frontier? Don't imagine even for a moment that human matters wouldn't influence in these things.

The third and most interesting theory: Did Red Bull get enough?

Helmut Marko's comments about Red Bull not getting market-wise what they wanted from Räikkönen's rally project would indicate that. What does it mean?

- If there is some sporting success then the market value is also in place. These things go hand in hand, Marko commented.

One might interpret the comment so that Red Bull doesn't want to put money in Kimi's team seat. In rally.

I predict that the next speculation will be Kimi's comeback to F1 especially to Red Bull. In F1 Kimi is a certain successor if the car is even nearly to his liking.

I see Räikkönen's comeback to F1 even more probable than a week ago. I hope Kimi returns. I still don't fully believe in it.

What about the other Finn's continuance who has also has been under Renault-speculation? I guess that Heikki Kovalainen's continuance in Lotus will be announced in Singapore. And it isn't necessarily any bad option in the long run.

At the moment there are two Finns applying for Renault's seat. That is a fact, no matter what Hollo says. On the other hand my wife is from Turku so maybe my perspective is twisted.


_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 14:07  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:47
Posts: 4316
thanks Nikki for the translations, good article :hug:

as Danny Glover said many times in the Lethal weapon movies " I'm too old for this s***"
sorry I'm just confused Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 14:09  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 23:05
Posts: 991
Location: Brasil
Thanks Nicole!!!! :hug:

_________________
http://grandprixgirlsf1-en.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Anelise30
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 14:11  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 00:22
Posts: 1074
I said yesterday, I think Marco was just pissed off to hear that the Robertsons are shopping around so much. There is no one else who would give Red Bull better publicity then Kimi in WRC, and that is a fact. That is problem Kimi is worth more to Red Bull in WRC, also Kimi could easily get another co-driver if Kaj isn't interested anymore.
All of these rumours are getting ridiculous.

Ferrari? :huh: No way.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 14:14  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
If you wonder who the heck Oskari Saari is talking about, here is the Lex Hollo -blog again:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Sneaky F1-people
16.9.2010

If F1 wouldn't have the halo created by it's history and the puffy status created by money, then the whole insane puttering around would probably had been buried ages ago.

The World Council decided last week that they had no evidence backing up Ferrari using team orders in Hockenheim. There Felipe Massa was told even twice in the same sentence that he should understand that brother-Fernando behind him is faster than him. And Felipe understood because it didn't take many seconds before Alonso made a pure style passing.

After the race Ferrari got a fine of 100 000 dollars. Even though they didn't see that the team was guilty the fine was still valid. Interesting logic. Although when it comes to magnitude it was the same as stealing a lollipop from Jorma Ollila (rich man in Finland). The council's clear message to the F1-world seems to be: we don't like that, you shouldn't use team orders but that wasn't any team order because we have no evidence but still we don't quite like that kind of business so pay your fine even though the fine is ridiculously small.

FIA also mentioned in their justification that in the specific case Ferrari had a justified fear that the team mates would collide. Absolutely touching caretaking. I haven't cried this much since Minna got voted out from the BB-house. Or whoever it was.

When thinking about how much money is circulating in the F1-world one would assume that they could get more sneaky dudes to make up strategies. Maybe Massa's race engineer Rob Smedley really didn't think of anything else than "Fernando is faster than you" in the heat of Hockenheim's race.

I suggest to F1-teams, completely free of charge, an especially innovative code language for future similar situations. A1 could mean: go go go, you are in a hurry now and B2: sorry, let your mate pass you immediately in one way or another. To further confuse the big bugs the codes could be reversed in the next race. Although it might be that a more simpler sign language would be enough to fool them.

Now we are again living those times which will get the anti-fans of F1 to the barricades. Every tube is filled with more and more imaginary driver rumours. From the Finnish perspective the most seriocomical has been attaching Kimi Räikkönen to practically every possible and impossible sentences. When Renault's boss says that it looks like it's going to be a dry weather it can nicely be connected to Räikkönen; if the boss thinks that tomorrow is more sunny than yesterday it cannot mean anything else than hiring Räikkönen. I mean the man is nothing but sunshine.

The same boss also spew out an extremely unambiguous comment about the current driver Vitali Petrov's situation:

“At this moment Vitali is our second driver and we try to do all we can so that we can secure his seat as our other driver. I doubt that he did enough in Monza to justify his seat next season.”

Translated it means exactly the following:
“The Russian still spins around here because his sponsors have brought us so much money. We are always interested in money but wonder if we could get this business swinged with Bernie so that Vitali would leave but the money would stay with us? Monza at the latest showed that Petrov's job is at most a bus driver somewhere in Ural.”

Lotus team's boss Mike Gascoyne on the other hand informed that Lotus isn't going to develop this year's car anymore. That's cool Mike but if you even have developed the car it sure hasn't been very strongly sensed from the sofa at home. Better luck next season.

F1 has wandered itself already ages ago into an uncontrolled ameba bigger than itself; more happens outside the sport than inside the sport. There is reason to actively give artificial respiration to this machinery because for example last weekend's race in Monza was again in it's boredome bloodcurling. Without the extremely refined rumour mill and the hulabaloo outside the tracks F1 would probably not exist anymore. Even in it's current state the sport still interests amazingly many people. There's nothing bad in that, F1 is the traditional royal class which also deserves to be noticed as a sport through that. Yet it's clear that the sport could be made more interesting than what it is today. If there would be good will. And right people at right places. No inward heated plotting. No s*hit-talking pushers greedy for money. No weird and unclear regulations that are applied to the situation at hand. No this. No that.

F1 today is like Finland's Turku. There's nothing wrong with the city itself but the people....

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 14:16  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
Boudica wrote:
I said yesterday, I think Marco was just pissed off to hear that the Robertsons are shopping around so much. There is no one else who would give Red Bull better publicity then Kimi in WRC, and that is a fact. That is problem Kimi is worth more to Red Bull in WRC, also Kimi could easily get another co-driver if Kaj isn't interested anymore.
All of these rumours are getting ridiculous.

Ferrari? :huh: No way.


No way :fear:

But for the first time Red Bull was brought up as an option for Kimi in 2011.

Could you think that it's a sneaky way of Red Bull to first 'write Kimi out' from WRC and then all of a sudden hire him to the F1-team?

I love the speculations :lol:

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 14:17  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
Kriss wrote:
thanks Nikki for the translations, good article :hug:

as Danny Glover said many times in the Lethal weapon movies " I'm too old for this s***"
sorry I'm just confused Image


Oh Kriss, this keeps us young :hug: :lol:

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 385  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB