Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by luieluv » 26 Aug 2010, 12:16

Kimi likely to keep on rallying in 2011 :shhh:

News26th August 2010
By Giles Wade

Kimi Raikkonen is edging closer to a deal to keep himself in the World Rally Championship next year.

While Raikkonen has yet to sign a deal with Red Bull and the Citroen Junior Team for 2011, the 2007 Formula One World Champion is running out of competitive options in Formula One and is anxious to capitalise upon the experience that a year in the World Rally Championship has given him.

“Nothing is decided yet, but I’m enjoying myself here,” said Raikkonen. “I also think that we’re making progress. Rallying is all about experience, so I think it would be good if we could use this experience next year.”

The Finn is expected to decide his future within the next month, and while Citroen and Red Bull are both keen to retain him, he would not rule out switching teams.

“There are a few options,” he said. “We need to think about them carefully and then we will make a decision.”

So far Raikkonen’s best result has been fifth place in Turkey, but four-time World Rally Champion Tommi Makinen is one of many people who have backed Raikkonen to finish on the podium of a WRC event before the year is out.

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/kimi ... g_in_2011/
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 26 Aug 2010, 12:23

Thanks lui. When Kimi will make the contract with Citroen, I will party and drink some beers.
I miss a babysitter

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 26 Aug 2010, 12:26

Moominpappa wrote:Thanks lui. When Kimi will make the contract with Citroen, I will party and drink some beers.

:)

and vodka for me :)
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 26 Aug 2010, 15:30

luieluv wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:Thanks lui. When Kimi will make the contract with Citroen, I will party and drink some beers.

a mojito for me :wave:
thanks lui finally some great news :thumbsup:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 27 Aug 2010, 02:24

Kriss wrote:
luieluv wrote:

definitely joining the party... but i think they are a little bit optimistic to think there is going to be a announcement in a couple of months... Its Kimi we are talking about, he is slow with these thing (and both he and his manager has just said that the final decision is made after the season is over) so the announcement is more like in december :O but its nice from citroen boss to ones in a months assure us that he still is eager to keep Kimi :lol:

thanks luie for bringing all the news to here :thumbsup:

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 27 Aug 2010, 05:17

luieluv wrote:
Kimi likely to keep on rallying in 2011 :shhh:

News26th August 2010
By Giles Wade

Kimi Raikkonen is edging closer to a deal to keep himself in the World Rally Championship next year.

While Raikkonen has yet to sign a deal with Red Bull and the Citroen Junior Team for 2011, the 2007 Formula One World Champion is running out of competitive options in Formula One and is anxious to capitalise upon the experience that a year in the World Rally Championship has given him.

“Nothing is decided yet, but I’m enjoying myself here,” said Raikkonen. “I also think that we’re making progress. Rallying is all about experience, so I think it would be good if we could use this experience next year.”

The Finn is expected to decide his future within the next month, and while Citroen and Red Bull are both keen to retain him, he would not rule out switching teams.

“There are a few options,” he said. “We need to think about them carefully and then we will make a decision.”

So far Raikkonen’s best result has been fifth place in Turkey, but four-time World Rally Champion Tommi Makinen is one of many people who have backed Raikkonen to finish on the podium of a WRC event before the year is out.

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/kimi ... g_in_2011/

I cant see why Kimi would want to leave Citroen, they are definitely the best team.

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 27 Aug 2010, 06:56

Actually Ford has always been good car, at the beginning when the regulations has changed. I dont know if Kimi is thinking his position inside Citroen ,especially if sordo leaves. But if Kimi wants to stay with Red Bull I dont see any other choice than Citroen.

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 27 Aug 2010, 07:15

Kriss wrote:
luieluv wrote:

Bailey's for me please :::

Wow. Tommi thinks Kimi can get a podium, eh? He sure believes in Kimi's abilites ::: That's nice to hear.

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 27 Aug 2010, 07:20

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 27 Aug 2010, 07:39

apple wrote:Actually Ford has always been good car, at the beginning when the regulations has changed. I dont know if Kimi is thinking his position inside Citroen ,especially if sordo leaves. But if Kimi wants to stay with Red Bull I dont see any other choice than Citroen.

Well Kimi and Red Bull was celebrating a month ago their first season together by launching the iceman-Red Bull clothe range (as it was so nicely put in the press release then) and Kimi was mentioning in that german interview (spox.com) in the beginning of the week that they where launging more products soon ... hard to believe those two are planning to go separate ways anytime soon.

Red bull and Ford doesn't work out because Ford is already sponsored by monster energydrink... so it leave them with citroen if/when they want to do a full season.

So maybe the options he is talking about is more how they arrange it with citroen, there are quite many options and they have quite a special arrangement at the moment IMO. And probably also about the length of the contract ieg is he doing a long term contact in rally or just one year and after that make the final decision about his future 2012 onwards.
Last edited by Julia on 27 Aug 2010, 15:21, edited 2 times in total.

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 27 Aug 2010, 09:39

One thing to notice in that article is "with no competitive options left in F1". The F1 chapter does not seem to be finished. ;)
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 27 Aug 2010, 14:58

Wouln´t like to mess it up like this but..

Haug visits Kimi earlier in the summer >> at the end of August it is reported that RBR might change for Mercedes-engines 2011
>> 1+1 = 2012 ??????????? :huh:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 27 Aug 2010, 15:07

sammyosammy wrote:Wouln´t like to mess it up like this but..

Haug visits Kimi earlier in the summer >> at the end of August it is reported that RBR might change for Mercedes-engines 2011

I thought it was just a friendly visit :zz: :lol:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 27 Aug 2010, 15:37

Kriss wrote:

well that visit actually never happened according to both haugh and Kimi! It was just the international media who got Haughs comments to the finnish MTV3 a little bit wrong translated.... but they admitted that they still are good friends and keep in contact...

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 27 Aug 2010, 15:53

Julia wrote:
Kriss wrote:

well that visit actually never happened according to both haugh and Kimi! It was just the international media who got Haughs comments to the finnish MTV3 a little bit wrong translated.... but they admitted that they still are good friends and keep in contact...

Yeah and later today Haug said that even if they wanted to serve RBR with their engines, Macca still has a Veto. Blaah.. :<>: