It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 09:26

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 385  Next
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 12:16  
F1 Routinier

Quote:
Kimi likely to keep on rallying in 2011 :shhh:

News26th August 2010
By Giles Wade

Kimi Raikkonen is edging closer to a deal to keep himself in the World Rally Championship next year.

While Raikkonen has yet to sign a deal with Red Bull and the Citroen Junior Team for 2011, the 2007 Formula One World Champion is running out of competitive options in Formula One and is anxious to capitalise upon the experience that a year in the World Rally Championship has given him.

“Nothing is decided yet, but I’m enjoying myself here,” said Raikkonen. “I also think that we’re making progress. Rallying is all about experience, so I think it would be good if we could use this experience next year.”

The Finn is expected to decide his future within the next month, and while Citroen and Red Bull are both keen to retain him, he would not rule out switching teams.

“There are a few options,” he said. “We need to think about them carefully and then we will make a decision.”

So far Raikkonen’s best result has been fifth place in Turkey, but four-time World Rally Champion Tommi Makinen is one of many people who have backed Raikkonen to finish on the podium of a WRC event before the year is out.

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/kimi ... g_in_2011/

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 12:23  
F1 Driver

Thanks lui. When Kimi will make the contract with Citroen, I will party and drink some beers.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 12:26  
F1 Routinier

Moominpappa wrote:
Thanks lui. When Kimi will make the contract with Citroen, I will party and drink some beers.

:)

and vodka for me :)

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 15:30  
F1 Routinier

luieluv wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:

a mojito for me :wave:
thanks lui finally some great news :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 02:24  
F1 Driver

Kriss wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:

definitely joining the party... but i think they are a little bit optimistic to think there is going to be a announcement in a couple of months... Its Kimi we are talking about, he is slow with these thing (and both he and his manager has just said that the final decision is made after the season is over) so the announcement is more like in december :O but its nice from citroen boss to ones in a months assure us that he still is eager to keep Kimi :lol:

thanks luie for bringing all the news to here :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 05:17  
F1 Driver

luieluv wrote:
Quote:
Kimi likely to keep on rallying in 2011 :shhh:

News26th August 2010
By Giles Wade

Kimi Raikkonen is edging closer to a deal to keep himself in the World Rally Championship next year.

While Raikkonen has yet to sign a deal with Red Bull and the Citroen Junior Team for 2011, the 2007 Formula One World Champion is running out of competitive options in Formula One and is anxious to capitalise upon the experience that a year in the World Rally Championship has given him.

“Nothing is decided yet, but I’m enjoying myself here,” said Raikkonen. “I also think that we’re making progress. Rallying is all about experience, so I think it would be good if we could use this experience next year.”

The Finn is expected to decide his future within the next month, and while Citroen and Red Bull are both keen to retain him, he would not rule out switching teams.

“There are a few options,” he said. “We need to think about them carefully and then we will make a decision.”

So far Raikkonen’s best result has been fifth place in Turkey, but four-time World Rally Champion Tommi Makinen is one of many people who have backed Raikkonen to finish on the podium of a WRC event before the year is out.

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/kimi ... g_in_2011/

I cant see why Kimi would want to leave Citroen, they are definitely the best team.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 06:56  
F1 Rookie

Actually Ford has always been good car, at the beginning when the regulations has changed. I dont know if Kimi is thinking his position inside Citroen ,especially if sordo leaves. But if Kimi wants to stay with Red Bull I dont see any other choice than Citroen.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 07:15  
F1 Driver

Kriss wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:

Bailey's for me please :::

Wow. Tommi thinks Kimi can get a podium, eh? He sure believes in Kimi's abilites ::: That's nice to hear.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 07:20  
F1 Driver

Moominpappa wrote:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 07:39  
F1 Driver

apple wrote:
Actually Ford has always been good car, at the beginning when the regulations has changed. I dont know if Kimi is thinking his position inside Citroen ,especially if sordo leaves. But if Kimi wants to stay with Red Bull I dont see any other choice than Citroen.

Well Kimi and Red Bull was celebrating a month ago their first season together by launching the iceman-Red Bull clothe range (as it was so nicely put in the press release then) and Kimi was mentioning in that german interview (spox.com) in the beginning of the week that they where launging more products soon ... hard to believe those two are planning to go separate ways anytime soon.

Red bull and Ford doesn't work out because Ford is already sponsored by monster energydrink... so it leave them with citroen if/when they want to do a full season.

So maybe the options he is talking about is more how they arrange it with citroen, there are quite many options and they have quite a special arrangement at the moment IMO. And probably also about the length of the contract ieg is he doing a long term contact in rally or just one year and after that make the final decision about his future 2012 onwards.

Last edited by Julia on 27 Aug 2010, 15:21, edited 2 times in total.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 09:39  
F1 Rookie

One thing to notice in that article is "with no competitive options left in F1". The F1 chapter does not seem to be finished. ;)

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 14:58  
F1 Rookie

Wouln´t like to mess it up like this but..

Haug visits Kimi earlier in the summer >> at the end of August it is reported that RBR might change for Mercedes-engines 2011
>> 1+1 = 2012 ??????????? :huh:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 15:07  
F1 Routinier

sammyosammy wrote:

Haug visits Kimi earlier in the summer >> at the end of August it is reported that RBR might change for Mercedes-engines 2011

I thought it was just a friendly visit :zz: :lol:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 15:37  
F1 Driver

Kriss wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:

well that visit actually never happened according to both haugh and Kimi! It was just the international media who got Haughs comments to the finnish MTV3 a little bit wrong translated.... but they admitted that they still are good friends and keep in contact...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 15:53  
F1 Rookie

Julia wrote:
Kriss wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:

well that visit actually never happened according to both haugh and Kimi! It was just the international media who got Haughs comments to the finnish MTV3 a little bit wrong translated.... but they admitted that they still are good friends and keep in contact...

Yeah and later today Haug said that even if they wanted to serve RBR with their engines, Macca still has a Veto. Blaah.. :<>:
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 385  Next