Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by apple » 12 Jul 2010, 13:13

Yeah, he is hot stuff despite some people claiming nobody is interested..But I very much think he will drive rally next year. He wants to see if he can be a proper rally driver at gravel. Tomi Tuominen in MTV3 blog says Kimis crashes were very similar and just before he drove out-in both cases- he said again the note Kaj had said..and then drove out. It means he still have problems to listen the notes or to keep up with them. Tuominen suggested Kaj should shout louder those places wich they thought would be difficult. So Kimi would know he has to take next corner or braking point extra carefully. Everything hints to the direction Kimi is going to go for it for another year. For now.

RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by RagingJamaican » 12 Jul 2010, 13:17

apple wrote:Yeah, he is hot stuff despite some people claiming nobody is interested..But I very much think he will drive rally next year. He wants to see if he can be a proper rally driver at gravel. Tomi Tuominen in MTV3 blog says Kimis crashes were very similar and just before he drove out-in both cases- he said again the note Kaj had said..and then drove out. It means he still have problems to listen the notes or to keep up with them. Tuominen suggested Kaj should shout louder those places wich they thought would be difficult. So Kimi would know he has to take next corner or braking point extra carefully. Everything hints to the direction Kimi is going to go for it for another year. For now.
Yeah i think he will be in rallying next season aswell. I am sure someone wrote here that Kimi signed a new contract with Citreon a 2 year deal. Was it you?

I could be wrong about both, i am usually wrong.

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 12 Jul 2010, 13:19

kracer wrote:I think that some F1 teams are still really interested in Kimi. In fact, in the other site I made a comment that it was funny that MW would say that at almost the same time that Haug visits Kimi in Switzerland - and that's considering that both these teams are not supposed to have any vacancies next year....
And the race to poach Kimi is on! :::
...If any of you watched the interview with Dave, I think it's very telling, despite the fact that he said he wasn't sure yet what to do, when he says"This was the best one (his move to WRC) and I'm very sure it's still the one." when Dave asked him if he was going back to F1 or staying in rallying.
It does sound like he's made his decision, eh? :confused:

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 12 Jul 2010, 13:28

RagingJamaican wrote:
apple wrote:Yeah, he is hot stuff despite some people claiming nobody is interested..But I very much think he will drive rally next year. He wants to see if he can be a proper rally driver at gravel. Tomi Tuominen in MTV3 blog says Kimis crashes were very similar and just before he drove out-in both cases- he said again the note Kaj had said..and then drove out. It means he still have problems to listen the notes or to keep up with them. Tuominen suggested Kaj should shout louder those places wich they thought would be difficult. So Kimi would know he has to take next corner or braking point extra carefully. Everything hints to the direction Kimi is going to go for it for another year. For now.
Yeah i think he will be in rallying next season aswell. I am sure someone wrote here that Kimi signed a new contract with Citreon a 2 year deal. Was it you?

Nope, it was proably some twitter account without reality base what so ever. But could be true.
We are both right this time :p

RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by RagingJamaican » 12 Jul 2010, 13:31

apple wrote:
RagingJamaican wrote:

Nope, it was proably some twitter account without reality base what so ever. But could be true.
We are both right this time :p
I am never wrong.. eh?

I wonder what Kimi would be like when he returns, back on form straightaway or a bit better than Schumacher.. Hmmm i wonder ''hmm''

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 12 Jul 2010, 13:32

Give him a car to his liking and it's like he never went away :D That's what I'd bet on.
Last edited by dindi on 12 Jul 2010, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 12 Jul 2010, 13:41

dindi wrote:Give him a car to his like and it's like he never went away :D That's what I'd bet on.
Actually I think one of the reasons he went to rally was that he can go back to his driving roots. He is driving now from my point of view a car that behaves like a car not like a F1 boat on track.
But he drives all the time,unlike Schumi who drove motorbikes. Rallying might do him good.

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 12 Jul 2010, 13:55

i am starting to worry if he'll forget the f1 style of driving :) .... ( no ... it came naturally to him :D )

that interview u mentioned ... 'it is the right one' ... i think he said more like ' i dont regret coming to rally this year'

Well i think he is going to be in rally

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 12 Jul 2010, 16:09

dindi wrote:
kracer wrote:I think that some F1 teams are still really interested in Kimi. In fact, in the other site I made a comment that it was funny that MW would say that at almost the same time that Haug visits Kimi in Switzerland - and that's considering that both these teams are not supposed to have any vacancies next year....
...If any of you watched the interview with Dave, I think it's very telling, despite the fact that he said he wasn't sure yet what to do, when he says"This was the best one (his move to WRC) and I'm very sure it's still the one." when Dave asked him if he was going back to F1 or staying in rallying.
Does it?? Kimi with Neil Cole. Decisions part at 2:00>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z54a8FA_ag

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 12 Jul 2010, 16:27

Everybody speculates :zz:

Stewart tips Schumi to retire before 2011

http://www.yallaf1.com/2010/07/12/stewa ... fore-2011/

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 12 Jul 2010, 16:31

sammyosammy wrote:
dindi wrote:
Does it?? Kimi with Neil Cole. Decisions part at 2:00>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z54a8FA_ag

:huh: :huh: :huh:
from what hearing that he just said choosing wrc this year is the best one and until now still the best one... i dont think he has decided yet..

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 12 Jul 2010, 16:32

Kriss wrote:Everybody speculates :zz:

Stewart tips Schumi to retire before 2011

http://www.yallaf1.com/2010/07/12/stewa ... fore-2011/

loving this... all full of speculation... :lol:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 12 Jul 2010, 16:53

I visited today in an official Citroen garage. There was a big poster on the wall where is Kimi and WRC C4. It was really nice. There was no RedBull on the poster (except in Kimi's clothes). The boss thouhgt that Kimi will not go back to F1 and he also wondered why it took so long time before any Kimi material was available.
I miss a babysitter

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 12 Jul 2010, 20:16

Moominpappa wrote:I visited today in an official Citroen garage. There was a big poster on the wall where is Kimi and WRC C4. It was really nice. There was no RedBull on the poster (except in Kimi's clothes). The boss thouhgt that Kimi will not go back to F1 and he also wondered why it took so long time before any Kimi material was available.
Last fifteen minutes I`ve been writing a reply to this and deleting it.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 12 Jul 2010, 20:25

sammyosammy wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:I visited today in an official Citroen garage. There was a big poster on the wall where is Kimi and WRC C4. It was really nice. There was no RedBull on the poster (except in Kimi's clothes). The boss thouhgt that Kimi will not go back to F1 and he also wondered why it took so long time before any Kimi material was available.
Last fifteen minutes I`ve been writing a reply to this and deleting it.
Seems to be your trademark. :lol: Wasn´t it you who wrote at the autosport forum that a friend of you was out with Kimi and he got the impression that Kimi won´t come back next year? It was already some time ago! Why did you delete your post? I mean I (and I supposte many others) would believe your words as you´re not an attention seeker :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)