It is currently 22 Aug 2017, 15:01

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 385  Next
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 15:49  
GP2 Driver

saif wrote:
Please Kimi donot goto Red Bull!

He isn´t as blind as a mole. If he makes a deal with them, there will be definetly some paragraphes avoiding such a drama like today.
But I doubt that it would be a good choice, I´m talkin about the competetivness. It´s weird but Renault seems to come back like 05/06 :zz:

Besides, I prefer him in Mclaren, that would be true magic. Hambo&Kimi, what a hot duo. I like hambo, he has grown up :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 15:53  
F1 Rookie

Wolfie wrote:
Kriss wrote:
brendakarli wrote:
Wolfie,

I'm not sure if Kimi would go to RB knowing he MIGHT be playing second fiddle to Vettel... we all know that kimi would help his teammate if he was mathematically out of contention, and he would do everything in his power to help the team for WCC, but if he is not being treated equally from the get-go, then he would likely not join the team... just my 2 cents

+1 Brenda, Kimi waited until the very last minute to help Massa :thumbsup:

I don't agree since first of all I don't even believe Mark is playing the second fiddle to Vettel, it's Mark who is telling that all the time. Secondly Kimi only concentrates on his own race and most certainly doesn't start any public manipulations. Besides, they are great friends with Vettel and compete like hell against each other in badminton without suffering at all from it.

Kimi says he has a one-year deal with Red Bull. The season is halfway and Red Bull is launching a Kimi-collection that has been specially designed by Uffe Tagström in a few weeks.

Doesn't that make you think that Red Bull has plans, plans we don't know about?

I don't buy the 2nd fiddle thing, Vettel has beaten Mark often enough on his own merits so all the crying in public is just from Mark's side after the Turkey incident.

I strongly believe that Red Bull is a fair team giving fair chances to both drivers. They have invested in Vettel for a long time, just like Citroen has invested in Ogier. And only because they see a talent, a raw diamond. I don't see anything more to it since Red Bull knows that what is important for the team is that they have two strong drivers - both working for Red Bull in the end.

Kimi to Mclaren.. Please.. :pray: :(

http://twitter.com/_amol_joshi
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 16:13  
F1 Rookie

Lynx'niK wrote:
saif wrote:
Please Kimi donot goto Red Bull!

He isn´t as blind as a mole. If he makes a deal with them, there will be definetly some paragraphes avoiding such a drama like today.
But I doubt that it would be a good choice, I´m talkin about the competetivness. It´s weird but Renault seems to come back like 05/06 :zz:

Besides, I prefer him in Mclaren, that would be true magic. Hambo&Kimi, what a hot duo. I like hambo, he has grown up :)

+1 .. F1 in McLaren or WRC

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 16:47  
F1 Rookie

F1 in McLaren?? Do we have an opening there next year?

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 17:51  
GP2 Driver

Wolfie,

Off-Topic: show
I agree with many points you made regarding playing second fiddle. I don't know if Mark is just over-analysing everything because of his recent rise in popularity...

As a researcher of behavioral economics and operations management, I can certainly understand the rationale for the decision made by the team; it is whether they are loss averse or risk averse when they had to decide whether to give Vettel the wing. Their rationale makes sense from an optmization strategy, to give the one with the higher points as many chances as possible to continue to gain on this.

As the team boss, Horner was well within his rights to strip any part in any car and put it in another for any amount of reasons (and believe me, it may very well not be because they are biased but they wanted an optimal strategy based on some sort of calculation)...the truth is that people make decisions based on a number of factors, latent or otherwise (yes of course, including being biased).

Unfortunately, most of us have no insight regarding the decsions that were made before this seemingly controversial one...all other decisions that were made in the past had not been disclosed (including making vettel use webber's old chassis it seems) But Mark chose to disclose his displeasure with this decision and other more recent ones since the Turkey incident (like he has to use vettel's old chassis now) to the public, which is very unprofessional and without merit if he didn't first discuss his displeasure with the team or asked them to justify/clarify why the team decided on these decisions. And I suspect he did not first approach the mgt first becos he has said he will call a meeting to talk to his bosses over the next couple of days, and I take it to mean he did not have any such related conversations with his team boss.

Knowing the Robertsons and Kimi, I do think he would make sure that only with equal treatment, he would then be willing to drive alongside Vettel if this is indeed what RB would like for 2011...for all we know, the selling of kimi merchandize is for his continuance in WRC...

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 18:33  
F1 Rookie

SpaMaster wrote:
F1 in McLaren?? Do we have an opening there next year?

No :p .. thats why WRC :cool:

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 18:38  
F1 Routinier

I think Christian Horner was speaking the truth when he said that he never considered Kimi for the Red Bull seat.

Even Webber himself thinks that he is being treated like a number two driver:
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/07/w ... treatment/

I think Red Bull would choose someone from Toro Rosso to replace Webber if Webber decided to break his contract and leave.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 19:20  
F1 Routinier

Wolfie's gut-feeling might just be right once again :O

IN GUNPOWDER SMOKE

Turun Sanomat 11.7 2010 21:06:47

Britain's GP-column 11.7.

Quote:
I followed the GP-weekend among the British reporters. It was astonishing to witness their animosity towards Sebastian Vettel.

It was something similar to feelings running high when the British sense of justice condemned Michael Schumacher being favoured in Ferrari.

Mark Webber is seen as a good guy in Britain and as an almost genuine Brit. That's why you shouldn't be surprised over how reporters from here cheered when Webber won in Silverstone even though he won their national hero Lewis Hamilton.

The feelings in the media- center were as calm as a summer night when compared to the smoky atmospheres in both Red Bull's and Ferrari's camps.

In Red Bull they are already seriously speaking whether the team can continue next season with the same drivers when Webber so openly spewed out in the radio to his team manager that 'not bad from a driver number two".

Christian Horner did downplay the sentence and reminded that Webber is the king of sharp cracks.

When following the thought further you get the feeling that Robert Kubica signed the contract with Renault a bit too early. If he had waited for the day the option expired - 15th July - who knows if even Red Bull would have contacted him.

Kimi Räikkönen who is building up his career in the rally world can once again be in Red Bull's F1-picture if Webber's and Vettel's mutual competition blows up to a complete war.

It's clear that the team management will have a tough pressure on them so they can handle this season in an honorable way until the end.

McLaren's and Red Bull's drivers are now fighting for the title.

Ferrari is helplessly falling from the ride. Fernando Alonso's starts have gone sticky and the rest was ruined when he overtook Kubica by cutting the chicane. Alonso who is known for his clever mind should have even subconsciously understood that he should have given the position back.

According to hearsay even Stefano Domenicali was irritated over Alonso's trick.

Red Bull is fastest but makes still mistakes. Yet Vettel's difference to the top is less than 25 points. When you keep in mind that these days it's an amount you get from one victory, it isn't much when there's still nine races left.

Silverstone/Heikki Kulta

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 19:31  
F1 Rookie

thank you Wolfie

Kimi, Always Kimi
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 19:34  
F1 Routinier

Denorth wrote:
thank you Wolfie

Interesting, isn't it Denorth?

If Kulta says that they are seriously discussing whether they can continue with Vettel-Webber next year then anything can happen - anything. We as Kimi-fans should know that :lol:

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 19:34  
F1 Rookie

Shouting "Not bad for a number 2, eh?" on the team radio just after a victory is pretty bad, in my opinion. The Red Bull driver line-up is anything but fixed for 2011. Seems like Kimi will have options after all when he wants to make a decision.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 19:41  
F1 Routinier

SpaMaster wrote:
Shouting "Not bad for a number 2, eh?" on the team radio just after a victory is pretty bad, in my opinion. The Red Bull driver line-up is anything but fixed for 2011. Seems like Kimi will have options after all when he wants to make a decision.

Agree, Dheeban. If they don't get things repaired within the team then it's quite a big risk to go to the next season. And Kimi is served on a silver platter. If he would be interested.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 19:41  
F1 Rookie

Wolfie wrote:
Denorth wrote:
thank you Wolfie

If Kulta says that they are seriously discussing whether they can continue with Vettel-Webber next year then anything can happen - anything. We as Kimi-fans should know that :lol:

it is. Yamaha is in the third year with 'the wall' (Lorenzo/Rossi) aren't they? So some teams can do, some - not. But the driver should want to continue and the team too. But all this stuff (not about the Webber or Vettel but about about the team) doesn't attract people - spectaculars, drivers. Ferrari had huge legacy so they got away with all Driver N1 situation (plus, a very big one - Driver N1 delivered) RB on the other hand are not in the same position. At least - yet.

Kimi, Always Kimi
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 20:08  
GP2 Driver

if there is no synergy, then all is lost...I just read that legard twittered that "told his (webber's)mechanics unfixed his front wing and waved it at Vettel's team" ... not clear if webber was told his mechanics did that or that he told his mechanics to do that to vettel's team.

It's getting childish...

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 20:16  
F1 Driver

Wolfie wrote:
Denorth wrote:
thank you Wolfie

it's like webber already knows that he isn't going to get a renewed contract after 2011. I mean bashing your employer in public doesn't usually help when you next time have contract negotiations.

The other thing that I thought off is that if I was vettel I definitely wouldn't sign for longer term contract at the moment but would wait a year and see what the situation was and would I have to stand a bashing team mate in many years...and it's quite clear that red bull doesn't want to se him go to mercedes or ferrari... vettel is their future

I still hope Kimi stays in rally and does a great career there and don't flip-flop between F! and rally.
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 385  Next