It is currently 24 Sep 2017, 01:19

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 385  Next
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 10:12  
F1 Driver

Pyper wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Pyper wrote:
I think the Q&A with Horner is pretty categorical to be honest.

what do you mean with "categorial"? :huh:

Sorry, my misspelling didn't help :blush: I meant that his message is loud and clear and that he is making sure everyone knows that Webber has a future with Red Bull.

ah okay...yeah you´re right!! unfortunately!!

And I agree with Loiste!! We don´t know whether he will get a competitive seat at the WRC next year

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 10:14  
kart driver

apple wrote:
Now I read from TS that despite Webbers recent success there is no rush to deside the driver, and in this light Webbers form really seems to be for the driver markets, as Dietrich Mateschitz and Helmut Marko arent so keen to deside the driver just yet. TS refers to July as the desicion month.
Also Mark Webber has found something new from the car with his engineer and rumours tell that he isnt that good team mate anymore as the information doesnt go to the other side of the garage. From car developing point of view this isnt considered to be good thing.

It looks like as Red Bull starts to success the game goes tougher in the team.. ''hmm''

Umm that's interesting - it is clear that Horner would prefer Webber to stay - they are good friends and business partners. We know that Marko has never been a huge Webber fan - and there were some rumours that Kimi spent quite a lot of time personally with Mateschitz before agreeing the Rally deal - so perhaps it comes down to who makes the final decisions....
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 10:15  
F1 Driver

Loiste wrote:
I'm dispirited ((

I just see no place (competitive) for Kimi to next season - neither on WRC, neither on F1. :fear:

In my mind Kimi's pace is enough fast to continue in Citroen junior team - even without RedBull behind him.

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 10:16  
F1 Driver

Kinga wrote:
I have 2 thoughts in my mind right now:

1. I can't imagine that Kimi (and the Robertsons) has made such a hazardous decision last year knowing that in 2011 there would be no room for Kimi neither in F1 nor in WRC.
2. They know something which we do not know (yet).

I try to think that the situation is the 2. point LOL

I like your optimism but on the other hand maybe thought that it´s up to him and he now realised that it isnt´so...horner´s words are pretty clear and he wouldn´t say so just to disappoint webber the next day and say...no we take kimi instead of you.

Webbo´s great form came to the shittiest time :(

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 10:17  
GP2 Driver

apple wrote:
Now I read from TS that despite Webbers recent success there is no rush to deside the driver, and in this light Webbers form really seems to be for the driver markets, as Dietrich Mateschitz and Helmut Marko arent so keen to deside the driver just yet. TS refers to July as the desicion month.
Also Mark Webber has found something new from the car with his engineer and rumours tell that he isnt that good team mate anymore as the information doesnt go to the other side of the garage. From car developing point of view this isnt considered to be good thing.

It looks like as Red Bull starts to success the game goes tougher in the team.. ''hmm''

and he seems to be complimenting the team a lot in the press conferences .

anyways i would've only believed the rumours if it came in TS ... so all is not over :)

anyways horner is a big kimi fan too :)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 10:19  
F1 Rookie

Moominpappa wrote:
Loiste wrote:
I'm dispirited ((

I just see no place (competitive) for Kimi to next season - neither on WRC, neither on F1. :fear:

In my mind Kimi's pace is enough fast to continue in Citroen junior team - even without RedBull behind him.

Well, not yet. Hopefully he'll get thre

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 10:30  
F1 Rookie

apple wrote:

where on TS :blink: , i couldn't find it :fear: ... Can u please give me the link? :)

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 10:32  
F1 Driver

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Webbo´s great form came to the shittiest time :(

Yeah, that's right but who knows for how long? The season is still long. What if Seb would win the next couple of races?

Also Pyper maybe right, maybe the last word is Mateshitz's.

I agree with Realms too that Webber is not a very good team mate, I can see him whining and being cocky all the time to the public, how he behaves in the team we do not know but as TS reports (thanks to Apple) the information from one side of the garage to the other one doesn't flow as it used to... :zz:

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 10:35  
F1 Rookie

a quote from Christian Horner:
''so when the time comes to sit down and talk about contracts I am sure it will be a very short conversation."

Here is in full

http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport ... MP=OTC-RSS

Sorry guys - but it looks like WRC for 2011 (which is not bad at all) or I kinda think that momo's got the point on Massa's place :confused:

Kimi, Always Kimi
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 10:53  
F1 Rookie

Tweet from byronf1

Mark Webber's manager Flavio Briatore and Red Bull boss Christian Horner had dinner in Monaco and nailed down Webbo's new contract I'm told

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 10:53  
kart driver

Twitter update

ByronF1: "Mark Webber's manager Flavio Briatore and Red Bull boss Christian Horner had dinner in Monaco and nailed down Webbo's new contract I'm told"

Sorry Saif already posted....
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 11:07  
F1 Rookie

Here we go again. How many times we played the same game before?
I'm sure we won't know what'll Kimi do next year until he signs some kinds of deal somewhere or word comes that he's retired. No amount of guessing helps that

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 11:22  
GP2 Driver

I'm a bit on the pessimistic side as well (meaning that I don't think Kimi will get the Red Bull seat after that Q&A :( ) but I have been thinking that Horner said it himself "Mark has had the best ten days of his life" (Or words to that effect) We have to remember that it's only been ten days/two races. Webber hasn't been known for his consistently in previous years so he might not continue the year with the same great form. If the next few races are a bit sucky for Webber, that may change the situation. :huh:

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 11:27  
F1 Driver

ish678 wrote:
I'm a bit on the pessimistic side as well (meaning that I don't think Kimi will get the Red Bull seat after that Q&A :( ) but I have been thinking that Horner said it himself "Mark has had the best ten days of his life" (Or words to that effect) We have to remember that it's only been ten days/two races. Webber hasn't been known for his consistently in previous years so he might not continue the year with the same great form. If the next few races are a bit sucky for Webber, that may change the situation. :huh:

At this point I feel so "cornered" that I will keep my fingers crossed for this.....
I' sorry Webber I have no other way..... :( :(
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 11:27  
F1 Driver

Thinking about it...I am actually happy with Kimi at the WRC IF it was his decision you know.
I meanaaa if he really already made up his mind to stay at the Rally thingy and isn´t forced now to do so because the RB option is gone. :)

People you know he will rock the Rally world soon :shhh: Just some patience is needed :)

And he will get a good seat next year. I meanaaa if Citroen doesn´t want to continue with him there is still Ford...and he is a better option than Wilson :cool:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 385  Next