Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by SpaMaster » 14 Oct 2010, 10:19

Off-Topic: show
What Kimi video are you talking about, Acropolis?
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 14 Oct 2010, 10:24

SpaMaster wrote:What Kimi video are you talking about, Acropolis?
His official video from France is on KR website.

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 14 Oct 2010, 10:36

SpaMaster wrote:What Kimi video are you talking about, Acropolis?
And I'm in there with my friends. In the moment of cheering for Kimi 1000000%!!!!!!!!!!!! *feels herself proud*

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 14 Oct 2010, 10:36

^ I don't think it is off-topic at all, rko. :p

So, let me get this straight.
Album name: Just make it clear
Lyrics: I'm okay. I don't care what they say.
:lol:

Brilliant. Everybody, now go to sleep. :D
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 14 Oct 2010, 10:36

Wolfie wrote: I don't know what they are thinking in Red Bull but it wouldn't surprise me if they would choose to end Mark's contract based upon him bashing the team in public. A team has a brand to protect afterall and Red Bull's negative PR-image must have been something they think about in higher positions.

What do you think?
Well, it's not the first time when driver says smth. bad about his team and I don't think that it is enough for breaking a contract, especially when the team also bashed his driver in public after Turkey. Moreover part of me don't want RB to break Marks contract (and I've never been his fan) cuz it'll only mean that RB is supporting only Vettel and breaking the contracts is normal in F1 now.
spinster wrote:It's not of giving him not the time.. I'm absolutely sure he can reach some podiums on tarmac within a few years...but is that the reason why we supported kimi? I support and supported him because he's a winner and not a mediocre driver...that's my point.
At first I support him cuz he's very talented and I like his character a lot. Not every talent is lucky enough to become a winner.
spinster wrote:Yes I saw that...but I mean did you heared in 2009 Kimi saying that he rejected the drive?? that's what I mean...
But he said that it's McLaren or nothing.
Wolfie wrote:Did we hear Kimi say he wants to go to rally in 2009?
But he said smth. like that he can come to rally in 2011 after his contract with Ferrari will end.
square wrote:That wasn't my point, I said that I wouldn't decide on who's a racer based on where someone is driving. And of course talent is important, never said it wasn't... But in my opinion, it's not only about winning.
+1 :)

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 14 Oct 2010, 10:39

SpaMaster wrote:^ I don't think it is off-topic at all, rko. :p

So, let me get this straight.
Album name: Just make it clear
Lyrics: I'm okay. I don't care what they say.
:lol:

Brilliant. Everybody, now go to sleep. :D
That's what I thought when I heard it! :lol:

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 14 Oct 2010, 11:08

Wolfie wrote:Red Bull invested 129 million euros in F1 last year.

Kulta already wrote a long time ago that Red Bull is leaving rally.

But that company seems to have money and a lot of it.
They have money but not so much profit like in the past cuz their business rivals are getting stronger.
luieluv wrote:True but the money made from WCC title will cover all of that and can cover much more like Kimi's salary to his magnums to his vodka to fishing..
I would be only happy if Kimi now becomes a proper citroen driver. End of the day i am only banking on one statement by Quesnell. "We want Kimi Raikkonen". this to me is a great hope.
Money from WCC are good but they don't have major sponsors like Santander, Vodafone etc.
Lynx'niK wrote:. . . do you also got the impression that Button is not competetive enough?
Button is much more competetive then I thought he would be. Yes, he loses in quali but not that much.
luieluv wrote:But in all of this i hope Dani does not lose his seat. Poor sordo will be asked to chip in some sponsors for his drive if Red Bull dont sponsor junior team and decide to sponsor only kimi.
Dani has our beloved Santander :O
square wrote:
sleenster wrote:You know, after what happened with Ferrari I can't believe that there are Kimi fans that are practically gleeful about Kimi taking one of the Red Bull drivers' seats. If one of the RBR drivers decide to leave on his own then that's fine but if one of the RBR drivers is forced out of their seat because Kimi wants it, I don't see how it is any different from what happened to Kimi. I thought Kimi fans would be more honourable than that or has all the pain that we experienced already been forgotten?
+1

well said... I really don't want him to come back the way he was forced to leave.
+2

SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SilentKiller » 14 Oct 2010, 11:23

Lunna wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Red Bull invested 129 million euros in F1 last year.

Kulta already wrote a long time ago that Red Bull is leaving rally.

But that company seems to have money and a lot of it.
They have money but not so much profit like in the past cuz their business rivals are getting stronger.
luieluv wrote:True but the money made from WCC title will cover all of that and can cover much more like Kimi's salary to his magnums to his vodka to fishing..
I would be only happy if Kimi now becomes a proper citroen driver. End of the day i am only banking on one statement by Quesnell. "We want Kimi Raikkonen". this to me is a great hope.
Money from WCC are good but they don't have major sponsors like Santander, Vodafone etc.
I disagree, Red Bull have had lots to gain especially since last year when they started winning races and pushing for the both titles.
WCC+WDC money aside, they get The F~0~M money, which is the for media exposure, and is the largest source of money for the teams. And RBR will most probably be getting the highest amount, and since like you said no Big Sponsor, so brand Red Bull gets the best media exposure of all.

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 14 Oct 2010, 11:42

Kimi Räikkönen and his freakin chicks.

Once upon a time, there was a boy...and millions of girls!

And they all lived happily ever after.
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 14 Oct 2010, 11:44

Lynx'niK wrote:235

Kimi Räikkönen and his freakin chicks.

Once upon a time, there was a boy...and millions of girls!

And they all lived happily ever after.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

mr j
kart driver
kart driver

Post by mr j » 14 Oct 2010, 11:55

Does anyone else have the feeling that Button might call it a day after this season?

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 14 Oct 2010, 12:01

mr j wrote:Does anyone else have the feeling that Button might call it a day after this season?
No, not at all. :roll::

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 14 Oct 2010, 12:02

mr j wrote:Does anyone else have the feeling that Button might call it a day after this season?
No. Button is happy in Mclaren. Is Mclaren satisfied by his results? I think he´s quite mediocre atm, but he´s not a bad driver and ya know, they have Lewis. And Button deals way better with Hamster than Kova did one year ago. Whity likes Kimi and if he had a third car, he would put Kimi in that one,that´s for sure.
Last edited by Lynx'niK on 14 Oct 2010, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 14 Oct 2010, 12:03

rko281 wrote:
No, not at all. :roll::
Hmm if not him then maybe .... hmmm ... Lulu?

Seriously, I know this is a speculation thread but we should be a little bit more realistic. :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 14 Oct 2010, 12:08

Lynx'niK wrote:
No. Button is happy in Mclaren. Is Mclaren satisfied by his results? I think he´s quite mediocre atm, but he´s not a bad driver and ya know, they have Lewis. And Button deals way better with Hamster than Kova did one year ago. Whity likes Kimi and if he had a third car, he would put Kimi in that one,that´s for sure.
He's doing way better than most expected, he's there 3 points less than Lewis (yes Lewis lost a lot of points due to mechanical problems, but also Jenson, at Spa he was rammed by Vettel, in Monaco a mechanic forget something in his car and got overheated, ...).
He's not that type of driver that stands up like Lewis/Alonso do, but he is doing a very good job while being Lewis team mate. They seem to get along fine. I thing that Mclaren are very happy with their choice. It was a smart move in my opinion, both from Mclaren and Button to go there.