Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sammyosammy » 12 Jul 2010, 20:30

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:I visited today in an official Citroen garage. There was a big poster on the wall where is Kimi and WRC C4. It was really nice. There was no RedBull on the poster (except in Kimi's clothes). The boss thouhgt that Kimi will not go back to F1 and he also wondered why it took so long time before any Kimi material was available.
Last fifteen minutes I`ve been writing a reply to this and deleting it.
Seems to be your trademark. :lol: Wasn´t it you who wrote at the autosport forum that a friend of you was out with Kimi and he got the impression that Kimi won´t come back next year? It was already some time ago! Why did you delete your post? I mean I (and I supposte many others) would believe your words as you´re not an attention seeker :)

(blushed) Yes, it was me. Deleted it cause...when I asked him straight is he coming back or no..? He told me when, where and how the conversation took place. Liked to share it but just can´t. Feel like a b..ch telling this much. :confused:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 12 Jul 2010, 20:33

sammyosammy wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:I visited today in an official Citroen garage. There was a big poster on the wall where is Kimi and WRC C4. It was really nice. There was no RedBull on the poster (except in Kimi's clothes). The boss thouhgt that Kimi will not go back to F1 and he also wondered why it took so long time before any Kimi material was available.
Seems to be your trademark. :lol: Wasn´t it you who wrote at the autosport forum that a friend of you was out with Kimi and he got the impression that Kimi won´t come back next year? It was already some time ago! Why did you delete your post? I mean I (and I supposte many others) would believe your words as you´re not an attention seeker :)

(blushed) Yes, it was me. Deleted it cause...when I asked him straight is he coming back or no..? He told me when, where and how the conversation took place. Liked to share it but just can´t. Feel like a b..ch telling this much. :confused:
hehe lucky me got the chance to read it .. thanks for sharing :shhh:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 12 Jul 2010, 20:40

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:

Anyway, hope that he have changed his mind. I want him back in F1 kicking some butts. Pls save me from this "what is best for him, keeps him smiling blaa, blaa, blaa.."

Btw, this friend of mine once told me a veeeeeery funny telephone conversation between Mr.Haug and MH he had to listen. He is for real, not made by my imagination.. :lol:

RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by RagingJamaican » 12 Jul 2010, 20:48

I seriously don't see Kimi at Mercedes, i just don't.

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 12 Jul 2010, 20:53

RagingJamaican wrote:I seriously don't see Kimi at Mercedes, i just don't.
I seriously can`t see Kimi in a same team with the most arrogant Mr. Brawn. Merc might go but Mr. Brawn...? No thanks..

RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by RagingJamaican » 12 Jul 2010, 20:54

sammyosammy wrote:
RagingJamaican wrote:I seriously don't see Kimi at Mercedes, i just don't.
I seriously can`t see Kimi in a same team with the most arrogant Mr. Brawn. Merc might go but Mr. Brawn...? No thanks..
Kimi and Brawn according to someone wanted to work together, that's why negotiations with Mercedes was going on last year.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 12 Jul 2010, 20:56

sammyosammy wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:

Anyway, hope that he have changed his mind. I want him back in F1 kicking some butts. Pls save me from this "what is best for him, keeps him smiling blaa, blaa, blaa.."

Btw, this friend of mine once told me a veeeeeery funny telephone conversation between Mr.Haug and MH he had to listen. He is for real, not made by my imagination.. :lol:
Hehe as I said I believe you...would like to have such a friend. Is there a chance that he takes you with him at his next party with Kimi? :)

my hope was to see him next to Vettel next year.Don´t want him to go to Renault or Mercedes. S

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 12 Jul 2010, 21:04

(fck, I´m messing)
Last edited by sammyosammy on 12 Jul 2010, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 12 Jul 2010, 21:08

Hehe as I said I believe you...would like to have such a friend. Is there a chance that he takes you with him at his next party with Kimi? :)

my hope was to see him next to Vettel next year.Don´t want him to go to Renault or Mercedes.
Noup, I`m not a racer.. :wave:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 12 Jul 2010, 21:09

sammyosammy wrote:

my hope was to see him next to Vettel next year.Don´t want him to go to Renault or Mercedes.
hehe non racers are not allowed to take part? :confused:

Hehe anyway I love all those speculation. But I am almoste sure that he´ll stay at Rally next year. :)

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 12 Jul 2010, 21:13

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:

Hehe anyway I love all those speculation. But I am almoste sure that he´ll stay at Rally next year. :)
Which I don´t like at all. But we all can´t be winners, can we??. Anyway, got to take the doggie out and crab some sleep. Nighty, nighty people,,!! :wave:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 12 Jul 2010, 21:16

sammyosammy wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:

Which I don´t like at all. But we all can´t be winners, can we??. Anyway, got to take the doggie out and crab some sleep. Nighty, nighty people,,!! :wave:
Good night :wave:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 13 Jul 2010, 05:09

Does Raikkonen have a Mercedes future?

Two things to emerge over the British GP weekend could be inter-linked. The first was triple world champion Jackie Stewart saying he thinks that Michael Schumacher will retire again at the end of the year. And the second was Mercedes motorsport boss Norbert Haug confirming that he recently paid a visit to Kimi Raikkonen.

Stewart, talking to a German newspaper, said: "The first question should be: will Michael do another year? I believe he will stop after the season."

The story about Haug's visit to Raikkonen, with whom he enjoyed a working relationship when Kimi drove for McLaren-Mercedes between 2002-6, was first printed by a Finnish newspaper but was confirmed to a TV station by Haug over the British GP weekend.

"I have been in contact with Kimi as a friend," Haug claimed. "Kimi will make a decision for himself but I do hope he comes back because it would be a good thing for F1."

Raikkonen was dropped by Ferrari in favour of Fernando Alonso and now drives for the Citroen Junior Team in the World Rally Championship. When he left F1 he said he had an open mind about a return but would only drive for a top line team.

Schumacher's performance level could well be raising concerns at Mercedes. While team mate Nico Rosberg scored his third podium of the season at Silverstone, Schumacher finished ninth after making a mistake on his 'out' lap following his pit stop and was a few tenths shy of his team mate's pace all weekend.. After 10 of the season's 19 races, Rosberg has scored 90 points and Schumacher, 36.

"After my pit stop I pushed hard to get in front of Barrichello but I made a mistake in a slow corner, went wide into the dust and that cost me places, not only to Rubens but also to Kobayashi," the seven times champion admitted.

Schumacher does not have the appearance of a man who wants to stop again, but admitted that he needs to raise his game.

"I hope I can improve my game for Hockenheim," he said. "I haven't yet got in a result that I am looking for but I'm patient, I know how things can turn around and I'ms still very much enjoying everything I am doing, so let's just take time and these things will come. I'm willing to try and up my game and I'm confident still."
link:
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns22435.html

Ecclestone agrees with Stewart

Not only does Sir Jackie Stewart believe that Michael Schumacher could retire for a second time at the end of the current 2010 Formula One championship season, so does F~0~M boss Bernie Ecclestone.

Although Ecclestone was one of the seven time world champions staunchest supporters when the news broke that he was coming back to the series, he can now see how he is faring in comparison to his younger compatriot, Nico Rosberg, and states that he doubts if Schumacher will want to stay in the sport if, for whatever reason, he can’t perform the way he wants to.

Schumacher is currently ninth in the drivers’ standings on 36 points in comparison to his teammate, Nico Rosberg who is sixth on 90 points at the halfway mark in the championship.
link:
http://f1.automoto365.com/news/f1/eccle ... 489-1.html
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 13 Jul 2010, 08:45

the latest james allen article says ... he feels Newey would have made Horner give the wing to Vettel ... because maybe Newey thinks he is the better driver .

I was thinking ... if that is the case , what does Newey know about Kimi :)

BTW ... sammyosammy ... what was the funny conversation b/w haug and whitmarsh ... ( of course i can forget the question if u want me to :) )

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 13 Jul 2010, 09:26

realms wrote:the latest james allen article says ... he feels Newey would have made Horner give the wing to Vettel ... because maybe Newey thinks he is the better driver .

I was thinking ... if that is the case , what does Newey know about Kimi :)

BTW ... sammyosammy ... what was the funny conversation b/w haug and whitmarsh ... ( of course i can forget the question if u want me to :) )
Noup, a telephone conversation between haug and mika häkkinen during those returning with williams rumours..was it 03 or 04..? Oh, it was 04.. He really was in touch with williams and mr. haug didn`t like it at all.. :lol: