Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by luieluv » 27 Sep 2010, 14:01

Raikkonen considering alternatives for 2011

News27th September 2010
By Giles Wade

Former Formula One world champion Kimi Raikkonen is currently weighing up his options for 2011, with a return to Grand Prix racing and a change of teams in the WRC both understood to be serious alternatives to his drive with the Red Bull-backed Citroen Junior Team.

Raikkonen has shown encouraging progress throughout his debut season in the World Rally Championship with Citroen, but his best result of the year so far remains fifth place on Rally of Turkey back in April.

Now Raikkonen has been linked with other options for next year, both in rallying and Formula One. Neither Raikkonen nor Red Bull are ruling out an extension to the Finn’s one-year WRC deal with the Citroen Junior Team, although Red Bull’s plans are fluid pending confirmation of its sponsorship agreement with Citroen.

One intriguing possibility is for Raikkonen to switch energy drinks allegiance and move to the Monster World Rally Team alongside Ken Block next year in a Ford Fiesta WRC. Raikkonen and Block have struck up a good rapport, and Monster bosses believe that the maverick Raikkonen would fit their brand image perfectly.

Raikkonen has also had an approach from MINI, although his drive there would be a commercial deal – which could again be linked to Red Bull.

Renault’s Formula One team is additionally in discussion with the 30-year-old about his services for next year, with the French squad being Raikkonen’s only realistic option on the F1 grid in 2011.

Finally, a third possibility exists of Raikkonen either taking a sabbatical or retiring from motorsport totally – as he considered at this time last year when his future was uncertain.

Nonetheless the Finn says that he is no hurry to make up his mind – and that his preferred option would be to stay in the WRC. “I’m enjoying it so far, but I’ve not made up my mind what I’m doing yet,” said Raikkonen. “Quite soon I hope I will know but there is no rush.”

Two weeks ago Raikkonen claimed his first rally win on Rallye Vosgien: a small asphalt event in France that he used as a warm-up for this week’s WRC qualifier in Alsace.
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/raik ... _for_2011/
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 27 Sep 2010, 14:34

This article has no new messages but still one sentence makes me sad.

Finally, a third possibility exists of Raikkonen either taking a sabbatical or retiring from motorsport totally – as he considered at this time last year when his future was uncertain. :fear:

I tend to believe that this gonna happen. I have a bad feeling, somethin really tragical going on right now,
One year ago in november, Kimi said goodbye to F1. And there´s a song which reminds me everytime of it.
'cause nothin lasts forever ... and we both know hearts can change and it's hard to hold a candle in the cold november rain ...
We've been through this such a long long time. Just tryin' to kill the pain. But lovers always come and lovers always go
An no one's really sure who's lettin' go today...'

by gunsn'roses :(
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 27 Sep 2010, 14:42

Nicole, the same article that you translated is in Official site!
http://www.kimiraikkonen.com/

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 27 Sep 2010, 15:24

Finally, a third possibility exists of Raikkonen either taking a sabbatical or retiring from motorsport totally – as he considered at this time last year when his future was uncertain.
Image Image
Anelise wrote:Nicole, the same article that you translated is in Official site!
it is really strange :huh: usually there are no articles on his site :confused:
why this one and why now :huh:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 27 Sep 2010, 15:44

here is an interview with Todt

http://www.eurosport.fr/formule-1/grand ... tory.shtml

this is a part about Kimi
La période des transferts approche et l'on parle du retour de Kimi Räikkönen en Formule 1. Est-ce que vous y croyez ?

J.T. : C'est trop tôt pour le dire. Kimi avait envie de se rafraichir parce que la F1 c'est très lourd. L'ambiance est souvent difficile. En rallye, il a trouvé une bouffée d'oxygène. Il s'est aussi rendu compte que c'était très difficile mais il est évident qu'il doit conserver une certaine nostalgie de la F1.
google translation :blush:
The transfer period approach and they talk back to Kimi Raikkonen in Formula 1. Do you believe it?

JT: It's too early to tell. Kimi wanted to cool down because the F1 is very heavy. The ambiance is often difficult. In rally, he found a breath of oxygen. He also realized that it was very difficult but it is clear that it must retain a certain nostalgia for the F1.

SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SilentKiller » 27 Sep 2010, 16:12

Kriss wrote:
Image Image
What the hell... :huh:

Thats a Big First as I can remember when an Website/Newspaper article was posted in the News section.

I am confused to death.

Supporting Kimi Raikkonen has been emotionally draining especially since 2008, and I am not Joking.

Maybe he should just retire and save us all the.....................................

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 27 Sep 2010, 16:15

SilentKiller wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Image Image

Thats a Big First as I can remember when an Website/Newspaper article was posted in the News section.

I am confused to death.

Supporting Kimi Raikkonen has been emotionally draining especially since 2008, and I am not Joking.

Maybe he should just retire and save us all the.....................................
I guess i am missing something. can someone enlighten me which article are we talking about here?
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 27 Sep 2010, 16:15

Lynx'niK wrote:This article has no new messages but still one sentence makes me sad.

Finally, a third possibility exists of Raikkonen either taking a sabbatical or retiring from motorsport totally – as he considered at this time last year when his future was uncertain. :fear:

I tend to believe that this gonna happen. I have a bad feeling, somethin really tragical going on right now,
One year ago in november, Kimi said goodbye to F1. And there´s a song which reminds me everytime of it.
'cause nothin lasts forever ... and we both know hearts can change and it's hard to hold a candle in the cold november rain ...
We've been through this such a long long time. Just tryin' to kill the pain. But lovers always come and lovers always go

As Kimi fans we should be ready for anything.
Interesting
Kriss wrote:
The transfer period approach and they talk back to Kimi Raikkonen in Formula 1. Do you believe it?

JT: It's too early to tell. Kimi wanted to cool down because the F1 is very heavy. The ambiance is often difficult. In rally, he found a breath of oxygen. He also realized that it was very difficult but it is clear that it must retain a certain nostalgia for the F1.
Interesting again. ''hmm''

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 27 Sep 2010, 16:16

Boudica wrote:
Lynx'niK wrote:This article has no new messages but still one sentence makes me sad.

As Kimi fans we should be ready for anything.
Interesting
Kriss wrote:

Interesting again. ''hmm''
I must say, very interesting. :zz:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 27 Sep 2010, 16:22

luieluv wrote: I guess i am missing something. can someone enlighten me which article are we talking about here?
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/161813.html

It's also on the Kimi website now.

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 27 Sep 2010, 16:24

I know the feeling Lynx'niK!!! I am just like you! :( And the song you have quoted...OMG!!! This my favourite song ever and I have never thought about it. :fear:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 27 Sep 2010, 16:24

SilentKiller wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Image Image

I am confused to death.

Isn't that part of the charm. :p

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 27 Sep 2010, 16:25

sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote: I guess i am missing something. can someone enlighten me which article are we talking about here?

Thanks but i dont understand why are we worried with that happening. It doesnt mention the third option, right? of does it?

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 27 Sep 2010, 16:28

luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:

Thanks but i dont understand why are we worried with that happening. It doesnt mention the third option, right? of does it?
Well personally I am worried with that happening because I don't want him to go back to F1 :zz:
But I know I am in the minority here. :lol:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 27 Sep 2010, 16:29

during the last year drama I thought I couldn't be more confused, I have to say I was wrong :(