Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Linda-Anne » 01 Dec 2010, 16:00

Havent been posting lately as I have just had enough time to catch up with everyones posts. Negotiations for Kimi always seem to go slowly and contracts are never straightforward. Although we are all worried sick for him I am sure Kimi knows what he wants and will do everything he can to get it. I really think we all need to have faith.
Thanks to everyone who has posted such great information and video's on this site, you are all stars!

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 01 Dec 2010, 16:07

2 million? Not bad. According to the Spanish press Citroën was asking Sordo to bring 3 million. That would mean Kimi gets 33% discount.
Question is what those 2 million includes. All rallies? Only non-overseas? All spares? Car evolutions?
Ford is supposed to be asking about 1 million for their cars, but that does not include the overseas rallies and the cars would not get the evolutions the “official Fords” will get.

Nevertheless, 2 million is a lot of money and (usually) requires several sponsors: it could take a while to have everything sealed. And since Citroën wants two cars in their B-team it could take a while to have Kimi and Petter (or whichever 2 drivers) to have everything sorted out.

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 01 Dec 2010, 16:08

sleenster wrote:I agree, that 2 million is not a lot to pay for Kimi but on the other hand, IF he can't find sponsors for 2 million then something is seriously wrong :confused:
if it's only 2 millions why is it so hard to get the contract... :huh:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 01 Dec 2010, 16:59

Just as a reminder, here's what Kulta said on November 10th this year:
But Red Bull is not financing Kimi Räikkönen a car in Citroen's junior team. Kimi gets a personal sponsorship deal - unless he switches to another energy drink -label, which would end his long-term cooperation with Red Bull altogether.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 01 Dec 2010, 17:58

Andreas wrote:
Kriss wrote:
sleenster wrote:MTV3 is saying that Citroen are asking 2 million euros from Kimi, which is interesting since they asked for 3 million from Dani
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutise ... 12/1234489

Original source is from Le Figaro (google translated from French):
Two million to continue with Citroen?
For now, the "Iceman" still wants to focus on the WRC and a possible drive in the Citroen Junior Team. The facts are simple: since its main backer, Red Bull, seems to have dropped, Raikkonen will have to pay for a DS3. Since Olivier Quesnel does not have the sufficient budget to offer a complete program to him, Raikkonen will have to find in the neighbourhood of two million euros to continue with the French manufacturer. Citroen nevertheless hopes to finalize the situation before the end of the year. The road to Mini seems stopped with the probable signing of Dani Sordo in the days to come, the Spaniard having carried out tests in Sardinia at the beginning of week with the Countryman. And one leading to Ford seems too crowded. Again, the former Ferrari driver must leave the big check to drive a Fiesta.
http://www.lefigaro.fr/auto-moto/2010/1 ... -de-f1.php
thanks sleen :hug:
interesting ''hmm''
2 million is not a huge amount of money for Kimi I suppose :cool:
Don't think that's much for him indeed. It's probably like 100 euros in comparing to us :p
I agree with you Andreas!! For him is not that much!!! :lol:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 02 Dec 2010, 00:22

Vida wrote:
sleenster wrote:I agree, that 2 million is not a lot to pay for Kimi but on the other hand, IF he can't find sponsors for 2 million then something is seriously wrong :confused:
Who says it is, people just keep on assuming it is, Kimi can easily sponsor himself if he feels so inclined. Heck Kimi properly has investments in a few companies, he could properly get "sponsorship" from those companies if he wants to. But I seriously doubt that he has to do that. Kimi's DNA sponsorship alone properly almost cover that amount. The Robertson are always trying to organize the best deal for Kimi, they will negotiate until the end. Kimi certainly doesn't seem to be too worried he is running around having holidays in America and he will soon be doing the motocross event, yeah he sure doesn't seem to be scrambling around looking for sponsors. :lol:

Just think back to last year, Kimi only announced what he was doing around the 16th of December? And he was getting a salary from Santander and a few millions from Red Bull. I am sure the Robertsons are just trying to organize the best deal possible for him and for themselves. But who knows what he will do this time around. :)

YiNing
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by YiNing » 02 Dec 2010, 07:52

Boudica wrote:
Vida wrote:
Who says it is, people just keep on assuming it is, Kimi can easily sponsor himself if he feels so inclined. Heck Kimi properly has investments in a few companies, he could properly get "sponsorship" from those companies if he wants to. But I seriously doubt that he has to do that. Kimi's DNA sponsorship alone properly almost cover that amount. The Robertson are always trying to organize the best deal for Kimi, they will negotiate until the end. Kimi certainly doesn't seem to be too worried he is running around having holidays in America and he will soon be doing the motocross event, yeah he sure doesn't seem to be scrambling around looking for sponsors. :lol:

Just think back to last year, Kimi only announced what he was doing around the 16th of December? And he was getting a salary from Santander and a few millions from Red Bull. I am sure the Robertsons are just trying to organize the best deal possible for him and for themselves. But who knows what he will do this time around. :)
I agree with you Boudica :thumbsup: I'm not worried at all. :)

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 02 Dec 2010, 09:05

Mar wrote:2 million? Not bad. According to the Spanish press Citroën was asking Sordo to bring 3 million. That would mean Kimi gets 33% discount.
Question is what those 2 million includes. All rallies? Only non-overseas? All spares? Car evolutions?
I've heard that 3 millions it's for CitroenSport support and unlimited amount of cars
2 mil - PH-sport support (like this year in CJT) and only 2 cars for a season

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 02 Dec 2010, 11:27

Well I´m not worried but booooored with the whole situatuon :zz:

Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 02 Dec 2010, 16:34

Boudica wrote: Kimi's DNA sponsorship alone properly almost cover that amount.
I don't agree that. DNA is too small company to sponsor anything with so huge amount of money. As I am told before, I think that Kimi paid an old loans to back to DNA (it might sponsored Kimi, when he really needed money). Kimi is loyal person.
I miss a babysitter

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 02 Dec 2010, 18:55

This is a google translation. It seems the negotiations of kimi's career wont happen in december. It says negotiations will happen next year or does this mean something else? :huh:
Raikkonen hinted jatkostaan

2.12.2010,18:44:26
First term rally championship raced Kimi Raikkonen has not yet revealed its plans for next year. Raikkonen, however, hints on his website that he could continue to rally people.

- Positive fiilarit this year, left off. This is a good start, if we go racing again next year, Raikkonen said.

Citroen boss Olivier Quesnel has repeatedly said that he would like to continue to Räikkönen's French team. Raikkonen, however, should be piled in the budget for next season.

- Negotiations will take place next year, and they are introduced, then, when it's time, Raikkonen said.

Räikkönen's first season racing fit out of wholesale sweeps, but the former F1 pilot immortalized occasionally speed. Finnish Cup points ranked tenth.

- The other would be the high expectations of our driving. For me, there were no expectations. Were just all against what came up. It is the only way to go in a completely new species, and it is also the only way to learn it so that to make the same mistakes, then that again, Raikkonen says.
http://www.sportti.com/uutinen.asp?CAT=1-2&ID=185716
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 02 Dec 2010, 19:10

luieluv wrote:This is a google translation. It seems the negotiations of kimi's career wont happen in december. It says negotiations will happen next year or does this mean something else? :huh:

First term rally championship raced Kimi Raikkonen has not yet revealed its plans for next year. Raikkonen, however, hints on his website that he could continue to rally people.

- Positive fiilarit this year, left off. This is a good start, if we go racing again next year, Raikkonen said.

Citroen boss Olivier Quesnel has repeatedly said that he would like to continue to Räikkönen's French team. Raikkonen, however, should be piled in the budget for next season.

- Negotiations will take place next year, and they are introduced, then, when it's time, Raikkonen said.

Räikkönen's first season racing fit out of wholesale sweeps, but the former F1 pilot immortalized occasionally speed. Finnish Cup points ranked tenth.

- The other would be the high expectations of our driving. For me, there were no expectations. Were just all against what came up. It is the only way to go in a completely new species, and it is also the only way to learn it so that to make the same mistakes, then that again, Raikkonen says.
Relax, it`s nothing. They are only referring to Kimi`s website, nothing else. The bolded part is translated all wrong. It goes like " we´re negotiating on next year and when it`s time for that, You`ll get your information." :thumbsup:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 02 Dec 2010, 19:15

sammyosammy wrote:
luieluv wrote:This is a google translation. It seems the negotiations of kimi's career wont happen in december. It says negotiations will happen next year or does this mean something else? :huh:

Relax, it`s nothing. They are only referring to Kimi`s website, nothing else. The bolded part is translated all wrong. It goes like " we´re negotiating on next year and when it`s time for that, You`ll get your information." :thumbsup:
Thanks a ton. i thought the same for a second but thought of clarifying. Thanks. :)
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 02 Dec 2010, 19:24

luieluv wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:

Thanks a ton. i thought the same for a second but thought of clarifying. Thanks. :)
no probs!

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 05 Dec 2010, 19:45

ImageImage
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)