Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by ReAlien » 15 Sep 2010, 16:09

Renault's attitude to the issue sucks a big time. Who ever tells such things if they really want a WDC driver to be a part of their team?
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 15 Sep 2010, 16:13

Acropolis wrote:
Maria d wrote:Iceman i have a question....if kimi goes back to f1 next year,do you have room for all of us in the f1 thread?
I was thinking about it too...we do need a safe place...a Kimi fan safe place!
Ans thanks Iceman for the article!
+1 huge thanks Iceman :thumbsup:
I hope we don't need a new place but I was thinking about it too :fear:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 15 Sep 2010, 16:14

ReAlien wrote:Renault's attitude to the issue sucks a big time. Who ever tells such things if they really want a WDC driver to be a part of their team?
:thumbsup: Exactly. Compare McLaren's behavior when they were negotiating with Kimi. Whitmarsh and Haug had nothing but praise for Kimi when they were negotiating with him. This just indicates that Renault aren't actually serious.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 15 Sep 2010, 16:23

Maria d wrote:Iceman i have a question....if kimi goes back to f1 next year,do you have room for all of us in the f1 thread?
You are more than Welcome to join us next season :O

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 15 Sep 2010, 16:48

sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:Yet again a loud shout from Renault as to how much other all the drivers of the world are interested in the second seat. Now they are looking like a bunch of f**k**g jokers. And i think that its more tilting towards they trying to sell hard themselves to sponsors.
That's what I think too. Renault don't really seem that excited about having Kimi driving their team, they seem more excited about being able to use his name for publicity and to attract sponsors.... :confused:

I mean, they are seriously having a hard time deciding between Petrov and Kimi?? Are they seriously equating the two of them?? I don't mean any insult to Petrov, but one is a WDC and one is a pay driver, if they claim that they are having such a difficult time deciding between the two they're being ridiculous.
You know what I think? I think its not about Kimi or Petrov. Its about Renault itself and their professionalism. They are dropping their pants as Bouillier previously said" much had to be changed if they had WDC in their team. They would have to have two very professional pit crew, lots of professional engineers and so on. I dont know if they have what it takes to have two very good driver.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 15 Sep 2010, 16:55

apple wrote:
sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:Yet again a loud shout from Renault as to how much other all the drivers of the world are interested in the second seat. Now they are looking like a bunch of f**k**g jokers. And i think that its more tilting towards they trying to sell hard themselves to sponsors.
That's what I think too. Renault don't really seem that excited about having Kimi driving their team, they seem more excited about being able to use his name for publicity and to attract sponsors.... :confused:

I mean, they are seriously having a hard time deciding between Petrov and Kimi?? Are they seriously equating the two of them?? I don't mean any insult to Petrov, but one is a WDC and one is a pay driver, if they claim that they are having such a difficult time deciding between the two they're being ridiculous.
You know what I think? I think its not about Kimi or Petrov. Its about Renault itself and their professionalism. They are dropping their pants as Bouillier previously said" much had to be changed if they had WDC in their team. They would have to have two very professional pit crew, lots of professional engineers and so on. I dont know if they have what it takes to have two very good driver.
If they truly want to be fighting for the WDC/WCC titles like they say they want to next year, they have to get the best drivers and improve the professionalism of their team in general. They need to do what it takes to win, not start asking themselves whether they can actually cope with two good drivers.

SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SilentKiller » 15 Sep 2010, 17:15

Eric Boullier sounds like a big idiot. Kimi should never join Reno as long as he is there.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Sep 2010, 17:21

SilentKiller wrote:Eric Boullier sounds like a big idiot. Kimi should never join Reno as long as he is there.
On a second thought perhaps he has to act in this fashion. They cant let their reputation take a hit if kimi raikkonen turns down the driver. Hence all they can say just now is that they have options but yes saying it loud again and again and again is making them look like pricks.
Hopefully deep down eric must be praying that he gets to work with 2 world class drivers.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 15 Sep 2010, 17:30

You have to remember that Formula One is a business. The aim is to make money and the best possible way to do so is to be the best. Maybe Renault have realised that Petrov has disappointed & Renault haven't expanded into Russia as expected. If they have Kimi then possibly they can attract sponsors and get the results that would negate the high cost of Raikkonen's probably salary.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Sep 2010, 17:57

This MTV3 are on a headlines making spree with kimi. somehow in every article or interview related to renault they are linking up kimi.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 15 Sep 2010, 18:46

sleenster wrote:
ReAlien wrote:Renault's attitude to the issue sucks a big time. Who ever tells such things if they really want a WDC driver to be a part of their team?
:thumbsup: Exactly. Compare McLaren's behavior when they were negotiating with Kimi. Whitmarsh and Haug had nothing but praise for Kimi when they were negotiating with him. This just indicates that Renault aren't actually serious.
And in the meantime they say that they are not sure about Kimi's commitment... Oh, dear... :<>:

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 15 Sep 2010, 19:25

Apparently Motoring News in the UK has an article about Kimi talking to Prodrive-Mini with Redbull money. Has anyone seen or heard about this article?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 15 Sep 2010, 19:27

Boudica wrote:Apparently Motoring News in the UK has an article about Kimi talking to Prodrive-Mini with Redbull money. Has anyone seen or heard about this article?
Yeah I have. I think its a pretty weak rumour to be honest. MN thinks Meeke & Gronholm/Ostberg will drive the Mini. They do suggest though that Monster want Block & Raikkonen...

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 15 Sep 2010, 20:50

phil1993 wrote:
Boudica wrote:Apparently Motoring News in the UK has an article about Kimi talking to Prodrive-Mini with Redbull money. Has anyone seen or heard about this article?
Yeah I have. I think its a pretty weak rumour to be honest. MN thinks Meeke & Gronholm/Ostberg will drive the Mini. They do suggest though that Monster want Block & Raikkonen...
Okay thanks! :)

I could really see Kimi fitting in well with Monster actually. :lol:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 15 Sep 2010, 21:01

Boudica wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
Okay thanks! :)

I could really see Kimi fitting in well with Monster actually. :lol:
and Block, they would make great team mates
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen