Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Mar » 20 Oct 2010, 22:01

Mar wrote: ...
Clark was also not too convinced tonight about Kimi staying in Citroën, but this guy changes his mind every two hours so… (Clark not Kimi)

The way he has been talking about Kimi’s future in WRC was not too optimistic. I didn’t catch everything he said because he decided to mumble a bit (à la Kimi), but he said that Kimi might end up having to pay for his seat from his own pocket. Then he told that all that new people following WRC this season are there because of Kimi and that these people will leave if Kimi leaves. And he ended up saying something very cryptic about Red Bull.
Corrigendum: my memory failed me a little bit there. It was not Clark who said the fans Kimi has brought to WRC will leave when he leaves; it was Simpson. Clark said Kimi has brought not only fans but also media attention.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 20 Oct 2010, 22:37

i know who you are mar, i always liked your posts over at bb,just like the way you write.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 21 Oct 2010, 01:20

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:we just have 3 pages to wait :cool:
The what? :p
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 21 Oct 2010, 01:37

spinster wrote:because HE'S an F1 pilot :lol:
+10000000000...

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 21 Oct 2010, 01:51

personally, I think this year with kimi away from F1, has been a good transition for me. that in a way, if he really went to do the R-thing, I guess I would not miss him so much as I did when he first left. I just wished all of it was under different circumstances and not becos he could not get someone to sponsor him -becos he is a massive talent and to be dissed like that is quite sad.

Part of me senses that while kimi really enjoys any form of racing, the media glare may just be proving too much for him and he is either going to finally embrace it and take it like the other F1 boys or he is totally happy to walk out of the spotlight (R-word again).

At this point, I believe it is anyone's guess but if the WRC season closes before the F1 season and if the WRC teams make all these driver announcements before kimi, it will def be nail-biting for all of us until he announces something to let us breathe a sigh of relief or despair.

I am prepared for the latter as after reading brawn's interview - he and haug have been coming out in defense of schummy so I def believe kimi would not be in merc 2011. The only two seats left are ferrari and RBR - Massa and Webber. They could do a trade but I personally doubt massa would be liked in RBR. He is prob worse than webber when it comes to pointing fingers and whining. but it would also be bad for webber to be seen to be pushed out becos of kimi - and not becos of the stunts he's pulled in the recent past. so my guess is if WRC doors have closed on kimi, then he was all along headed back to F1 in RB but I just dun think so becos of horner and marko's recent interviews. They seem to have had a falling out of some sort cos those public comments made were subtle yet clear enough that something is brewing with the relationship... and it does not sound too good for kimi. So at this point, my guess is the R-word.

at this rate, I am happy if he wants to finally start a family and raise his kids up to be as good a racer as he is. Surprising to say this, but since all the ferrari nonsense up to now, I think I am ready to move on...
The JINX

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 21 Oct 2010, 03:12

Why is everyone talking about retirement? Did Kimi say anything about it recently?

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 21 Oct 2010, 03:21

SpaMaster wrote:Why is everyone talking about retirement? Did Kimi say anything about it recently?
That's why this is speculation thread :lol:
Off-Topic: show
welcome mar

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 21 Oct 2010, 04:30

SpaMaster wrote:Why is everyone talking about retirement? Did Kimi say anything about it recently?
For me is not that far fetched because back in 2008, after the renewal of the Ferrari contract I was sure that at the end of the that contract he will retire (end of 2010). The only thing that changed was that 2010 he was not in a Ferrari, but in WRC car. For me is easier to believe in the retirement than the possibility of a return in F1.

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 21 Oct 2010, 06:15

^ Okay, I always thought he would continue in rallying after retiring from F1. Now if he retires, it means neither F1 nor WRC. I don't think retirement from both F1 and rally in 2011 was the original plan.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 21 Oct 2010, 06:19

SpaMaster wrote:^ Okay, I always thought he would continue in rallying after retiring from F1. Now if he retires, it means neither F1 nor WRC. I don't think retirement from both F1 and rally in 2011 was the original plan.
i still remember an interview from current year where kimi had said that he would surely be racing some where.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 21 Oct 2010, 07:28

luieluv wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:^ Okay, I always thought he would continue in rallying after retiring from F1. Now if he retires, it means neither F1 nor WRC. I don't think retirement from both F1 and rally in 2011 was the original plan.
i still remember an interview from current year where kimi had said that he would surely be racing some where.
He also said this year that maybe he won't race anything in 2011 (don't remember exactly the quote).
If you look back at Kimi during all these years, you'll see that he never rules out anything (except the Renault thing, but that went to far from Bouiller).

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 21 Oct 2010, 08:03

This are going to be some hard 3 weeks for him :(
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 21 Oct 2010, 08:18

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:This are going to be some hard 3 weeks for him :(
I say for his fans :lol: By now, he must now what he'll do, even if it's not official yet. :O

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 21 Oct 2010, 08:27

rko281 wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:This are going to be some hard 3 weeks for him :(
I say for his fans :lol: By now, he must now what he'll do, even if it's not official yet. :O
Apple said to me some weeks ago that she has the gut-feeling (yes rko281, gut-feeling :lol: ) that Kimi is slowly disappearing from the eye of the media because he wants to do so :fear:

But I go with RBR until I hear something else :p
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 21 Oct 2010, 08:30

rko281 wrote:
luieluv wrote:
He also said this year that maybe he won't race anything in 2011 (don't remember exactly the quote).
If you look back at Kimi during all these years, you'll see that he never rules out anything (except the Renault thing, but that went to far from Bouiller).
He said nothing may happen in rally when asked about his rally options, not that he may not race anything.