Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Lynx'niK » 07 Jun 2010, 13:13

I got the feeling Kimi´s decision will be announced soon. I´d say today.
Servus TV-> Austria-> Red Bull->Austria->Kimi

smells like Wrc contract, wouldn´t be that happy, I prefer being clueless instead. Don´t get me wrong like being here but F1 is my castle and I hope if Kimi comes back to F1, we still will be here in contact :)
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 07 Jun 2010, 13:15

It becomes more and more obvious to me that the F1 environment is a flesh eating arena.....
Look how they treated Kimi, how they critisize MS this year and how they even started against FA, they were licking their shoes just yesterday......So, it is better for a driver to take as much as he can and run, since they will bash him anyway...from this point of view Kimi will do the right thing to stay in rally. He made enough money, now he can enjoy it....

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 07 Jun 2010, 13:16

Lynx'niK wrote:I got the feeling Kimi´s decision will be announced soon. I´d say today.

smells like Wrc contract, wouldn´t be that happy, I prefer being clueless instead. Don´t get me wrong like being here but F1 is my castle and I hope if Kimi comes back to F1, we still will be here in contact :)
hehe the owner of this channel is didi mateschitz...but I don´t think that he´ll announce anything today. I suppose that he is just a guest because of the Erzbergrodeo event!
But I´d like him to announce something :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 07 Jun 2010, 13:17

Lynx'niK wrote:I got the feeling Kimi´s decision will be announced soon. I´d say today.

''hmm'' ''hmm'' ''hmm'' :E :E :E

im sure we'll still be in contact.. no matter where kimi go.. we'll always be there... :O

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 07 Jun 2010, 13:24

Acropolis wrote:It becomes more and more obvious to me that the F1 environment is a flesh eating arena.....
Look how they treated Kimi, how they critisize MS this year and how they even started against FA, they were licking their shoes just yesterday......So, it is better for a driver to take as much as he can and run, since they will bash him anyway...from this point of view Kimi will do the right thing to stay in rally. He made enough money, now he can enjoy it....
I wouldn´t say so and Kimi too, in every sport there are bastards and angels and citroen isn´t the opposite of ferrari. they are quite similiar.
It´s a tough sport, yes, but at some level you have to deal with it. Nascar seems to be more open but the journos can also be very harsh...
oh , I miss my montoya also a bit ...

Oh, if Bernie could walk just away..
He´s the one who made out of F1 a circus.
He even once said: "We don´t act just like the mafia, we are the mafia!" :roll::
Found an article about it yesterday in my magazine collection :)
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 07 Jun 2010, 13:29

Well...we are in the hole now, arent we?

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 07 Jun 2010, 13:31

Hey, do you know if Girl is also at f1zone? Her YT account was deleted :<>:
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 07 Jun 2010, 13:31

yup apple... a really deep hole.. :)

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 07 Jun 2010, 13:33

apple wrote:Well...we are in the hole now, arent we?
You bet we are....
But since I personally tend to be optimistic and since your story left me in a very nice place with great colors I expect all to turn out just fine....

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 07 Jun 2010, 13:40

Acropolis wrote:
You bet we are....
But since I personally tend to be optimistic and since your story left me in a very nice place with great colors I expect all to turn out just fine....
:thumbsup:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 07 Jun 2010, 13:49

Acropolis wrote:
You bet we are....
Me too :O I am counting in my instincts and wait something to come..it has always been so.

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 07 Jun 2010, 13:50

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
realms wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote: ....
Another reason why I say that his F1 time is over is that I think that RB might have asked Kimi whether he even wants to return...remember all the rumours at the beginning of the season. Kimi might have already told him that he wants to stay at Rally. :) I for myself think that he already made up his mind long time ago. :)

As to why Kimi keeps saying that he might return...well dunno why maybe he want to tease us :lol: Remember 2006 ... he doesn´t always tell the truth. :)
well this part i am not sure because i read this ... https://twitter.com/adamcooperf1/status/15618003544

and i know it wasnt being pessimistic :D

Hmm yeah because Kimi told him that he doesn´t know what will happen next year at a party during the monaco gp...but even if he knew at this time he wouldn´t tell it to a journalist :p
well he didnt even put a pic of kimi at the monaco gp ... he did post pictures of others and things not f1 that weekend . but nothing related to kimi . so i think the chat was strictly casual .

but he would know ... otherwise he isnt a competent reporter :D

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Jun 2010, 13:51

I also believe that he will come out just fine :)

Since this is speculation and nobody has the absolute answer it would be respectful to let people speculate instead of cutting them short by telling how things are :)

Personally I love these speculations, reading all different angles so hopefully this thread keeps on going strong!!
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 07 Jun 2010, 13:55

Wolfie wrote:I also believe that he will come out just fine :)

Since this is speculation and nobody has the absolute answer it would be respectful to let people speculate instead of cutting them short by telling how things are :)

Personally I love these speculations, reading all different angles so hopefully this thread keeps on going strong!!
it will keep going on and on and on nicole until kimi has said the words.... :cool:

im going to add my speculation here: 2011 kimi will replace MS and 2012 kimi to redbull :O

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 07 Jun 2010, 14:41

Vida wrote:
im going to add my speculation here: 2011 kimi will replace MS and 2012 kimi to redbull :O
I like this :) It would have been great for Kimi to be in RB next year in terms of being in a top car fighting for the title straight away (probably) but by being in Merc he would take the pressure off himself a little. Sure, it might not be the championship winning car he would be looking for straight away, but doing well in a slightly sucky car would do his already awesome reputation no harm and then go on to drive for RB in 2012.

However, if he went to RB straight off, I don't think the journos and commentators will allow for him to maybe be a little rusty (like with Schumi) Let him get back into the groove with Merc and then go for the title with RB.