Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Moominpappa » 13 Sep 2010, 11:53

In Finnish media (MTV3) this has been told as rumor, not facta.
I miss a babysitter

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 13 Sep 2010, 11:54

sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:OMG :blink:

Has anyone read this one?

http://community.nascar.com/2011jeep/bl ... g_for_2012
OFFICIAL: KIMI RAIKKONEN SIGNS WITH RED BULL RACING FOR 2012
After all public rumors, Kimi Raikkonen has finally made his point by coming to NASCAR. He is signed with Red Bull Racing to replace Kasey Kahne for 2012.

Raikkonen, who is currently competing in the WRC, said he wanted to do this because "NASCAR is totally interesting in my opinion because I remember Juan Pablo Montoya's move to NASCAR and I have been following him a lot."

Kasey Kahne expressed his opinion on Raikkonen coming to NASCAR: "Obviously, Kimi is from Finland and since the Finns don't know much about NASCAR, he will introduce NASCAR to the entire country of Finland. He is an amazing World Champion who can do anything he wants to win and become good at."

Brian Vickers and Scott Speed have different opinions, however. "I am very comfortable about Kimi Raikkonen coming to NASCAR because he is such a great advisor to any driver out there", said Vickers. Scott Speed said, "I can't wait for Kimi to come over because he is such a great World Champion and a perfect teammate."

After all, Kimi said that in 2009 when he was going to leave F1, he said that he could race in NASCAR if he wanted to. But this is about to change in 2012.
Strongly refusing to believe that, strongly!! :<>:
WTF... Seems like more of a hoax to me..
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 13 Sep 2010, 12:00

After all public rumors, Kimi Raikkonen has finally made his point by coming to NASCAR. He is signed with Red Bull Racing to replace Kasey Kahne for 2012.

Raikkonen, who is currently competing in the WRC, said he wanted to do this because "NASCAR is totally interesting in my opinion because I remember Juan Pablo Montoya's move to NASCAR and I have been following him a lot."

Kasey Kahne expressed his opinion on Raikkonen coming to NASCAR: "Obviously, Kimi is from Finland and since the Finns don't know much about NASCAR, he will introduce NASCAR to the entire country of Finland. He is an amazing World Champion who can do anything he wants to win and become good at."

Brian Vickers and Scott Speed have different opinions, however. "I am very comfortable about Kimi Raikkonen coming to NASCAR because he is such a great advisor to any driver out there", said Vickers. Scott Speed said, "I can't wait for Kimi to come over because he is such a great World Champion and a perfect teammate."

After all, Kimi said that in 2009 when he was going to leave F1, he said that he could race in NASCAR if he wanted to. But this is about to change in 2012.
let it be a rumor please :pray: :pray: :pray:

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 13 Sep 2010, 12:13

Kimi to Nascar with Montoya :p
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 13 Sep 2010, 12:15

Well, there is a few points I dont believe. He says he is very interested in Nascar and has followed it..NO. I dont believe it at all. He has been interested in rally all his life not nascar. There had to been happen something very profound things in his life it he suddenly desided to jump over the atlantic ocean to the other continent.Secondly I dont think Robertsons would have done this beginning from 2012, as Kimi isnt driving anywhere at the moment in 2011 that is , he doesnt say it yet.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 13 Sep 2010, 12:20

Kimi in 2011 will opt for fishing and f**k**g.. :lol: :lol:

can i too come up with an official announcement on some blog..
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 13 Sep 2010, 12:38

luieluv wrote:Kimi in 2011 will opt for fishing and f**k**g.. :lol: :lol:

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 13 Sep 2010, 12:42

Wish you would. Always for good reading :thumbsup:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 13 Sep 2010, 12:44

actually there was a blog a months ago on the indysite community that stated as sure information that Kimi was going to drive there in 2011... so now we have solved all the questionmarks of his future :lol:

no seriously... lets take that old blog-entry (lok at the date) more like he is wanted (also) in nascar...

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 13 Sep 2010, 12:51

WTF??? WTF??????????????? :blink: :blink: :blink:

In the article it says it was written 26, Aug, 2010. So nobody asked him anything regarding this during Rally Japan, there hasn't been any other news, any questions regarding this, there hasn't been any official statement from the Robertsons or from Kimi.

Please, let it be a rumour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *prays*

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 13 Sep 2010, 13:13

WHAT???? NASCAR
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 13 Sep 2010, 13:14

i will look into this, i know a bunch of nascar sites
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 13 Sep 2010, 13:21

Come one guys. Its just some guys blog on the Nascar forum. Dated from August 26th. Get a grip :)

Is this really picked up by MTV3 now as well? :lol:

Listen to this Kimi quote: "NASCAR is totally interesting in my opinion because I remember Juan Pablo Montoya's move to NASCAR and I have been following him a lot"
Yea. Im sure he has followed Montoya a whole bunch :roll::
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 13 Sep 2010, 13:27

What? This is funny Kimi said the other time that he isn't too interested in Nascar. :lol:

I think it is a hoax, but just think a lot of people have been complaining about WRC coverage, Nascar at least has good coverage. :rofl:

And speaking about Mercedes, Eddie Jordon said on the BBC during qualifying that a lot of drivers where running in and out of the Mercedes garage. He mentioned "one specific driver" more then once, as being a good option and he knows Mercedes will be interested in, he might have meant Kimi, but I am not sure as he didn't say any names. He also said something about Schumi retiring again and going into driver management, but this is Eddie Jordan we are talking about you cant always take him seriously. I think Haug would love to have Kimi, but I dont think Kimi would be interested. The only interesting option in F1 currently, that can perhaps be taken seriously is Renault.
I see potential there, but Kimi has a good deal going with Red Bull in WRC there is no reason to change. :)

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 13 Sep 2010, 14:47

So now its official that the news is hoax coz in march the same chap had this to say :lol: :lol: :n
Come on over, Schumi by PitRoadBox
MAR 28, 2010 at 09:04 PM | COMMENTS (6) | LIKES (0)
If Michael Schumacher wants to race in NASCAR, the time is now.

Schumacher, who signed a 3-year deal with Braun-Mercedes, has expressed interest in a move to NASCAR. He also says that the cars have become much more advanced than what he previously commented about Juan Pablo Montoya's move to NASCAR. He is also excited about NASCAR's move to fuel injection because he was impressed about it by saying, "I am blessed about NASCAR race cars getting more advanced now and this means the technology is getting closer to Formula One."

Stewart-Haas co-owner Tony Stewart has said he wants to hire Schumacher. "I think, you know, Schumacher has a lot of talent, but his successes in F1 may not translate into NASCAR unless he runs some Truck and Nationwide races." Roush-Fenway co-owner Jack Roush has stated that Schumacher could enjoy a presence in stock cars. "When you look at Michael Schumacher and his ability to win, there is no doubt."

The dream is getting closer to reality.
http://community.nascar.com/2011jeep/bl ... er,_schumi