Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by brendakarli » 29 Sep 2010, 14:50

thank u Boudica...although I wonder who did the second article...

Acropolis,
Off-Topic: show
Columbia is an Ivy League so I am pretty sure it is a damn good school - lucky u
Soren,
the problem is, which team for kimi?...as it is, renault keeps making all sorts of noise as if kimi is so damn desperate... I suppose in the longer term, he could be thinking to wait for the RB seat after webber fulfills his last year...but it seems everyone is convinced that kimi is not keen on F1 anymore. And if he does return to F1, I'd say he can make it in hollywood :lol: - convincing just about everyone that he was done with F1 and only has rally in the brain. Actually, hubs insists we will see kimi back in F1 next year, for the money and for the thrill of winning again. I only told him that there isn't likely to be a winning seat, so...
Off-Topic: show
Another piece of bad news for some of us....I was looking into Alonso's Chinese horoscope and it says that this year is his lucky year! Now I am truly convinced he is sure to win the WDC 2010 regardless of my jinxing or not :<>: ...seems quite accurate cos the year of the pig (2007), the horoscope said it was his unlucky year, how eerily true...his next unlucky year is the horse (2016, I think), and he might be retired by then - sigh
The JINX

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 29 Sep 2010, 16:29

brendakarli wrote:thank u Boudica...although I wonder who did the second article...
Rita Tainola and it appeared in Ilta-Sanomat's paper edition.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 29 Sep 2010, 17:22

Soren wrote:
Acropolis wrote:
Soren wrote:The more I read these comments and think upon the whole situation for Kimi, the more I am convinced that the only right thing for him to do is to return to F1 next year. Even if it is with Renault. He can still win a couple of championships before he retires for all we know. Even if he has to spend a year now and then in an uncompetitive car. But thats the same for everybody. The Renault next year might be like the Red Bull was this year. Its always a gamble. Look at where Red Bull was in 2008 for instance. No where really. Just slightly on the way up.
But if he gets in now there will be more options for him next year if he isnt happy with staying with Renault.

WRC is okay for me too. But he does seem interested in getting back.
Agree 100%. If he can't find satisfaction in WRC ( team for next year, better results) then now is the time to come back, even if not in the best team ( and there can always be surprises too)...in this way he'll be in the circle when seats are open.
Thanks. And I am usually right so... :lol:
I do love him in the WRC but to really get a feel of the action you have to be there and I dont have a budget for more than 3 or 4 rallies a year. Even if it is cheaper than F1, you still have to go there. That is my egotistical motive.

As for Kimi, he wants to get back into F1. Why else would he let Robertson talk to the teams. Or put that stuff up on his website. He loves winning and circuit racing is his forté. Talent up the wazoo so a shame to see that not being utilized to the fullest. To win the WRC while starting at 30 yrs old is a pretty tall order - even for Kimi.
I maybe forgot my F1 colored glasses today but I have to say that I dont see signs of him longing back to F1. Last time Kimi commented this himself was two weeks ago after rally Japan (in autosport) and atleast then he said that his prime goal atm was to stay in wrc and I cant see that anything has changed significally (no new openings anywhere).

At the moment I just see Robertson playing the mindgame to get the best options for Kimi to choose between and because Robertson would very much want Kimi back in F1 he is working hard on that option too. Yes Kimi loves to win but hard to believe Renault is going to be a winning car next year, they just don't have the money to put in developing the car as they still desperately looking for the main sponsor (in contrary to RB situation in 2008). And even if Renault would be good enough for many Kimi-fans I just don't see the man himself settle for driving in F1 to make up numbers and maybe get a chance for victory ones in year at Spa. Rally and F1 isn't his only options... he also has the third option: retiring/sabbatical if he doesn't find anything perfect for next year...
just my two cnts...

(this thread is like a drug...I so promise to try to stay away from it the rest of this week and concentrate on the rally instead :blush: )
Last edited by Julia on 29 Sep 2010, 18:45, edited 3 times in total.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Sep 2010, 17:33

he also has the third option: retiring/sabbatical if he doesnt find anything perfect for next year...
I don't even want to hear abot it :pray: :hug:

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 29 Sep 2010, 19:07

I'm not sure a sabbatical is a real option - Kimi enjoys driving too much to not compete. I know he can still drive as much as he wants if he took a break but I think he'd miss the competition. I think he does want to compete in some form of championship to quench his thirst for competition and racing. So I don't think he would take a sabbatical. (obviously just my opinion)

I want him to go back to F1 (lots) but obviously he'll do what's right for him, I'm convinced if that's not F1 it will be somewhere. I don't think he won't be able to find a deal somewhere that he's happy with. I'm staying positive if it kills me :)

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 29 Sep 2010, 19:23

In my mind Kimi can make more history by driving rally as long as possible than going back to F1. He is really near to become a legend (yes, I am sure that Kimi has more valuation after ten years than now even he stop driving a totally after this season). He has enough talent to drive WRC, now he only needs experience and good luck. Two or three years more and his pace is enough near to top drivers that he could won some single rallies - and this will be the sensation!

This requires lots of hard work but I think Kimi is ready to do it :)
I miss a babysitter

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 29 Sep 2010, 19:25

Moominpappa wrote:In my mind Kimi can make more history by driving rally as long as possible than going back to F1. He is really near to become a legend (yes, I am sure that Kimi has more valuation after ten years than now even he stop driving a totally after this season). He has enough talent to drive WRC, now he only needs experience and good luck. Two or three years more and his pace is enough near to top drivers that he could won some single rallies - and this will be the sensation!

Agree 100% :thumbsup:, that's why I want him to stay in WRC.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Sep 2010, 19:28

sleenster wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:In my mind Kimi can make more history by driving rally as long as possible than going back to F1. He is really near to become a legend (yes, I am sure that Kimi has more valuation after ten years than now even he stop driving a totally after this season). He has enough talent to drive WRC, now he only needs experience and good luck. Two or three years more and his pace is enough near to top drivers that he could won some single rallies - and this will be the sensation!

Agree 100% :thumbsup:, that's why I want him to stay in WRC.
+1 :shhh:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 29 Sep 2010, 20:41

can somebody translate Kultas newest article about Kimi and renault: sounds like atleast he is a little bit annoyed about Renault&autosport at the moment a states that Kimi is not interested in Renault... hmmm are we maybe going to hear it from Kimi also this weekend?

http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/162940.html

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 29 Sep 2010, 20:50

Julia wrote:can somebody translate Kultas newest article about Kimi and renault: sounds like atleast he is a little bit annoyed about Renault&autosport at the moment a states that Kimi is not interested in Renault... hmmm are we maybe going to hear it from Kimi also this weekend?

seems like Sutil,Nick and Glock hve withdrawn from any negotiations with Renault and Kimi Raikkonen wont be interested in Renault. Heikki says this very strongly that Kimi has never been interested in driving anything other than a winning team and so far Renault are not the one. So he doubts kimi would be interested.

This is what i grasped out of google translation.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 29 Sep 2010, 20:55

luieluv wrote:
Julia wrote:can somebody translate Kultas newest article about Kimi and renault: sounds like atleast he is a little bit annoyed about Renault&autosport at the moment a states that Kimi is not interested in Renault... hmmm are we maybe going to hear it from Kimi also this weekend?

seems like Sutil,Nick and Glock hve withdrawn from any negotiations with Renault and Kimi Raikkonen wont be interested in Renault. Heikki says this very strongly that Kimi has never been interested in driving anything other than a winning team and so far Renault are not the one. So he doubts kimi would be interested.

quite the same as i got out of it... kulta has for some reason a way of using words that google translator dosent always understand... :confused:

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 29 Sep 2010, 22:40

luieluv wrote:

But what is a winning team? Honda wasnt one in 08 and they cleaned out in 09. Red Bull wasnt much to look at 2 years ago. And who would have thought in 04 that Renault would take 2 straight championships after that. And look at Ferrari 04 and 08. It was a winning car and next year - nowhere.

Strange if Kimi is going to be that picky imo. He could have taken a hefty paycut this year and taken the Red Bull drive and he would probably have the championship wrapped up by now. You might drive something ok - or you could be driving something great. But you have to step up to find out.
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 29 Sep 2010, 23:32

luieluv wrote:

Is Kulta in this together with the Robertsons and Kimi? :lol:
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 30 Sep 2010, 09:41

from the picture thread:

thanx to sleenster :hug:

http://twitpic.com/2taa12

this is what Kimi commented today about his future:
"I WANT to stay in rallying, but no decision yet"