Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Acropolis » 06 Oct 2010, 08:04

Welcome Hiroshideath113! :wave:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 06 Oct 2010, 08:07

Sometimes I think of the devastation that will fall on this forum if ever (God forbid) Kimi would come to announce he is retiring... :fear:
I would be crashed....
Last edited by Acropolis on 06 Oct 2010, 08:12, edited 1 time in total.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 06 Oct 2010, 08:10

luieluv wrote:
hiroshideath113 wrote:Hello everyone, This is my first post from Tokyo.
Sorry if this topic very suitable to tell about my mind, but please let me tell you Kimi's fans in the world.

Until this morning, I wasn't sure myself which category I hope Kimi to drive 2011, but became very clear now.
Last night, I had a strange dream that the contract for 2011 between Kimi and RBR was made as a replacement for MW.
Since Kimi's future was clarified, I was happy a little, but felt huge disappointment, then woke up.
Yes, I finally realised what I hope, I'd like to see Kimi's most challenging adventure in the rally with Citroen next year and more.
Of course, I will be a fan of Kimi's, whenever, wherever and regardless teams and categories.

Kimi... the king of speed with intrepidity and delicateness...
Thanks for reading such a boring text.
Welcome to the gang.. i mean Forum
:lol:
+1 :wave:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 06 Oct 2010, 08:13

I kind of wish Kimi's management had stopped the Kimi-Renault rumours earlier. I would have wanted them to release that statement like 2 weeks ago and put an end to Boullier's silly mooing.

Hi hiroshideath :wave:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 06 Oct 2010, 08:23

thanx wolfie, that definitely made my day!

Im so waiting for Boullier comments...

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 06 Oct 2010, 08:30

sleenster wrote:I kind of wish Kimi's management had stopped the Kimi-Renault rumours earlier. I would have wanted them to release that statement like 2 weeks ago and put an end to Boullier's silly mooing.

I think they tried to do it 1-2 weeks ago with that Kulta article that said something little more nice like Renault has got better but its not jet a winning team which is what Kimi only is interested in... but it didn't break trough as wanted.. so kimi had to do a real statement.

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 06 Oct 2010, 08:34

rko281 wrote:I wonder if Kimi latest quotes will be published on Autosport? They've published so many articles with Bouiller speaking about Kimi .... :zz:

:thumbsup:
This is what I want to see. The cynical side of me was really starting to think that Renault is paying Autosport or something, they are the ones who published Boullier thoughts over and over again, they basically had something 'new' every day. No one else reported this rumour as much as Autosport. It is a bit of a shame, Autosport were always known as a reliable and balanced news source, many people believed in this rumour partly because Autosport where the ones publishing it over and over again.

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 06 Oct 2010, 08:35

It's finally in autosport... wondering what renault have to say about this
Raikkonen rules out Renault F1 seat

By Jonathan Noble Wednesday, October 6th 2010, 08:08 GMT

Kimi Raikkonen has ruled out making a return to Formula 1 with Renault next year, despite being linked with the team for several weeks.

The Finn had been in contact with the French car manufacturer after the Belgian Grand Prix in August, and Renault chiefs were considering putting a deal together with the former champion if he could prove he was motivated for a comeback.

However, even before talks between the two parties got serious, Raikkonen has made it clear he is not interested in what Renault has to offer - and has expressed some unhappiness that the team has talked up its link with him.

Speaking to Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat, Raikkonen said: "I am very disappointed with how they have used my name for their own marketing. I have never even seriously considered driving for Renault, and I can assure you that I am 100 per cent sure that I will not drive for Renault next season."

Only this week, Renault team principal Eric Boullier said his outfit had been encouraged by the fact that Raikkonen had been in touch with it.

When asked by the official Formula 1 website if it was flattering that Raikkonen had been in contact, Boullier: "Yes, it is because it shows that the work we've done this season is noticed and that we are considered a challenger for the championship in the future."

Raikkonen's decision not to pursue the Renault option now makes it almost certain that Vitaly Petrov will be retained by the team - although the Russian still needs to show improved form to guarantee his slot with the outfit.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87205

karthik_kimi
kart driver
kart driver

Post by karthik_kimi » 06 Oct 2010, 08:46

Boudica wrote:
rko281 wrote:I wonder if Kimi latest quotes will be published on Autosport? They've published so many articles with Bouiller speaking about Kimi .... :zz:

This is what I want to see. The cynical side of me was really starting to think that Renault is paying Autosport or something, they are the ones who published Boullier thoughts over and over again, they basically had something 'new' every day. No one else reported this rumour as much as Autosport. It is a bit of a shame, Autosport were always known as a reliable and balanced news source, many people believed in this rumour partly because Autosport where the ones publishing it over and over again.
True. Kimi-Renault rumours gained momentum only after Autosport's article.. But, can't really think they were paid. There is already an article there about Kimi's interview. So, Autosport were handy. They were able to provide us with the exact insight info of Robertsons approaching Renault. It was Boullier's stupid crazy attitude which made things look as bad as it appears now

hiroshideath113
kart driver
kart driver

Post by hiroshideath113 » 06 Oct 2010, 08:56

Hi everyone, thank you for the welcome messages for me :lol: .

A lot of web site is publishing Kimi's message to Renault.
I'm looking forward to seeing how Bouiller will react, but hope Bouiller doesn't start any unreasonable libel to Kimi...

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 06 Oct 2010, 09:03

hiroshideath113 wrote:Hi everyone, thank you for the welcome messages for me :lol: .

I'm looking forward to seeing how Bouiller will react, but hope Bouiller doesn't start any unreasonable libel to Kimi...
Welcome hiroshideath!

Kimi has won this media battle against Bouiller - even will he say anything in the future or not :lol:
I miss a babysitter

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 06 Oct 2010, 09:12

bourbon wrote:I've always believed Kimi had an option contract with RBR - F1, at their election. That would make sense of their willingness to sponsor his Rally drive. It also would explain all the waiting. Since Citroen is in no hurry, RBR and Kimi don't have to be and they can wait and ensure that the current RBR F1 plan for 2011 remains the status quo. If it does, or it can be resolved without Kimi, then I'd imagine RBR and Kimi would work out a Rally deal. That is how I see it.
Yes, this is what it seems like. Other then this I was thinking about the implications of Loeb perhaps retiring at the end of 2011. Loeb is atleast well known and he is known beyond rally circles, but others in the team like Ogier and Sordo isn't really that well known. They would perhaps really need someone like Kimi for publicity if Loeb retires.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 06 Oct 2010, 09:23

Bob Bell has left the Renault team, with Eric Boullier now taking his place as managing director
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 06 Oct 2010, 09:24

Moominpappa wrote:
hiroshideath113 wrote:Hi everyone, thank you for the welcome messages for me :lol: .

Welcome hiroshideath!

Kimi has won this media battle against Bouiller - even will he say anything in the future or not :lol:
Well, I expect some artickles making it look like Renault decided to keep Petrov so Kimi speaks out of disappointment. Actually I already saw one :<>:
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 06 Oct 2010, 09:32

karthik_kimi wrote:
Boudica wrote:

True. Kimi-Renault rumours gained momentum only after Autosport's article.. But, can't really think they were paid. There is already an article there about Kimi's interview. So, Autosport were handy. They were able to provide us with the exact insight info of Robertsons approaching Renault. It was Boullier's stupid crazy attitude which made things look as bad as it appears now
I am not saying that there is definitly something going on, but it was a bit strange the way Autosport handled this whole situation. Just look at that article, eventough Kimi said he wasn't seriously considering the Renualt option they are still pharasing the article as if a deal were being put together and they still managed to put Boulier words there, and the whole motivation thing.