Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Denorth » 11 Jul 2010, 20:19

Julia wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Denorth wrote:thank you Wolfie
Interesting, isn't it Denorth?

If Kulta says that they are seriously discussing whether they can continue with Vettel-Webber next year then anything can happen - anything. We as Kimi-fans should know that :lol:
it's like he already knows that he isn't going to get at renewed contract after 2011. I mean bashing your employer in public doesn't usually help when you have contract negotiations.

The other thing that I thought off is that if I was vettel I definitely wouldn't sign for longer term contract at the moment but would wait a year and see what the situation was and would I have to stand a bashing team mate in many years...and it's quite clear that red bull doesn't want to se him go to mercedes or ferrari... vettel is their future

I still hope Kimi stays in rally and does a great career there and don't flip-flop between F! and rally.

Turkey after the crash:
1 Vettel goes out and blames Webber immediatelly.
2 Webber after race blames Vettel (rightly so)
3 Team blames Webber the same day
Of course he could see that there wouldn't be a contract after 2011 (which can be cancelled too)

Kimi won't go in a team with number 1 or 2. He was always honest about his own status and his thing is to race not play politics
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Jul 2010, 20:39

Kimi won't go to a team with 1 and 2 and if he goes to Red Bull then it should be proof enough that they have equal treatment there.

I see a lot happening there as I saw happening in McLaren 2007. One accusing the other of being favoured althought it wasn't the case.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 11 Jul 2010, 20:46

Wolfie wrote:Kimi won't go to a team with 1 and 2 and if he goes to Red Bull then it should be proof enough that they have equal treatment there.

I see a lot happening there as I saw happening in McLaren 2007. One accusing the other of being favoured althought it wasn't the case.
your not the only on who feels a dejavu from Mclaren 2007... webber is feeding the media to go against his employer... it was webber who asked the media to dig deeper in the craschgate and the reporter also digged deeper in this rear wing thing after webber hinted about it...

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 11 Jul 2010, 21:31

Wolfie wrote:Kimi won't go to a team with 1 and 2 and if he goes to Red Bull then it should be proof enough that they have equal treatment there.

That's quite a way of putting it. Could not have said it better.

All this is if Kimi wants to go to F1, of course. As I have maintained, I want him to consider F1 only if he thinks he would never be able to win a WRC title.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 11 Jul 2010, 22:41

I think Red Bull needs to drop their pretense that they are treating their drivers equally already.

Now that Webber is ahead of Vettel in the points, is Red Bull really going to give Webber priority in the parts for the next race?

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 12 Jul 2010, 03:03

Wolfie wrote:
Off-Topic: show
Luie, to be honest, I have never understood this suddenly awakened despise for Red Bull?

What I see is that Mark crashed his car in Valencia, they didn't have time to build a new car for him so he got the best available.

Today the mechanics - once again in Vettel's car - left a loose bolt - this time in the front wing which caused it to break. Vettel didn't crash or anything but man he seems to be facing trouble after trouble because of mechanics not doing their job.

People have different opinions about Red Bull after Turkey and I am in the minority even though I have never been a fan of Vettel. Heikki Kulta has interviewed Horner ever since the beginning of the season and it's been clear in my head based upon the interviews that the boys are allowed to race each other as long as they give each other enough space. If one overtakes then the other one can try and overtake in the next corner but not crash.

What Mark is doing is that he is stirring up trouble - big time. All his public accusations about Red Bull forgetting completely two things:
1. Red Bull is the employer, not Mark. Mark works for Red Bull.
2. Public accusations don't work in Mark's favour in any way. The team will not like it and they won't start hugging him after having to defend themself everytime Mark says something.

Then there's the other thing: Mark is very quick to accuse other people, he has been in many crashes but he has never carried the responsibility for them, it's always the other driver's fault. His quali-lap didn't go well last year and he publically accused Kimi of drinking vodka from the morning and driving drunk - it was not a joke. Later he said the same to MTV3 and was pissed off. Later they saw him go and shout at Kimi, he was pissed of after leaving Kimi. Kimi wasn't responsible for his laptime, it wasn't even investigated because it was a clear thing. Yet Kimi had to take the slander for which he could have sued Mark.

When Mark closed the door for Kimi in Brazil which cost Kimi a podium, Mark said afterwards that Kimi would have done the same. Steve Robertson said that Kimi would not have done the same, Kimi is a fair sportsman.

So I am seeing this whole thing from another perspective where Kimi in Ferrari never accused Ferrari, never. When Ferrari made their decision it was something that had to be accepted since Ferrari calls the shots.

Ferrari didn't yet come out with any statements defending Kimi, instead they almost fed the media with statements blaming Kimi. Red Bull again has come out time after time to back up Mark and defend themselves against Mark's accusations without blaming him - except in Turkey which was something they were clearly upset over and if it would have been Vettel's fault then Mark would have raged in the press conference which he didn't.

Sorry for the long rant but I do think that Mark is digging his own grave there with his accusations - just wait until Dieter gets enough and that's that.

So I might be right after all, Kimi might well be in Red Bull next year and this is a gut-feeling, not optimism.

Today Mark didn't congratulate Vettel again, just like the last time. Things aren't good if he tells the media that he will help Vettel if he is drowning.
Amazing. You took the words out of the crevices of my small, hollow brain.
Wolfie wrote:
Leijona wrote:
Maria d wrote:he said that about kimi? him being drunk? well i hope he takes his seat, if he choses f1, and he will make the decision based on what he truly wants to do, then i hope it is RBR.
yes he said that maybe Kimi had drank too much vodka and was driving under the influence of alcohol :<>: that was the rudest comment from ANY driver I have EVER heard!!! it was so un-called for!!!
As a Finn you probably remember the drama, Leijona? No laughing or smiling in the press conference, Vettel looked annoyed, and then our reporters interviewing Mark after the press conference when Mark went on about the drunk thing and Kimi daydreaming on the track and JJ telling what he saw happening on the paddock when Mark went to shout at Kimi. They said that Mark's face was red after shouting. It really pissed me off back then and I stopped supporting Webber for acting in such a rude way towards a competitor. Wonder what Kimi thought about it?

My apologies to Webber-fans :blush:
He did that???! What an assh*le! He's lucky he did that to Kimi... another driver would've planted one on him. Or maybe he was "brave" enough to do that because he knew it was Kimi (who can't be bothered with anything) :<>:
Going back on topic, all this debacle with their two drivers over at RBR makes the prospect of a certain Mumbling Finn coming back to F1 much, much brighter.

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 12 Jul 2010, 06:49

i think what mark said on the radio is very unprofessional... he knew that it was broadcast all over the world.. he try to destruct the team... they should reconsidered the contract!

as kimi into redbull in 2011... its wide open again and im perfectly fine with that...

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 12 Jul 2010, 06:58

Yep, Vida. He is very much entitled to vent out his frustrations for as long as he doesn't do it on live, international TV!

At least RBR won't have that problem with Kimi. Ferrari didn't :::

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 12 Jul 2010, 07:18

I think Webber is opposite of Kimi when it comes to respecting your team and not talking bad things about them to the media.

Webber said to News of the World about his contract:

- But to be honest I would never have signed a contract for next year if I would have believed that this is the direction we are going in the future. That was why I was disappointed on Saturday and I told it openly. Let's see what the future holds, Webber said.

:zz:

Horner was asked if he wanted Webber to the team in year 2011.

- That's a silly question. We did a contract about it over a month ago. It goes without saying.

.... I think it looks like anything could happen in the future. Webber is dissatisfied with RB and RB must not like Webber continuously saying negative things about the team to the public. This can't go on forever! There seems to be a very negative atmosphere in the team.

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 12 Jul 2010, 07:21

brendakarli wrote:if there is no synergy, then all is lost...I just read that legard twittered that "told his (webber's)mechanics unfixed his front wing and waved it at Vettel's team" ... not clear if webber was told his mechanics did that or that he told his mechanics to do that to vettel's team.

It's getting childish...
Talk about harmony...? :lol:

"How has Mark Webber celebrated his victory? With a packet of crisps! Told his mechanics unfixed his front wing and waved it at Vettel's team"

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 12 Jul 2010, 07:22

Classy. Really classy.

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 12 Jul 2010, 07:57

But so common amongst "boyish" men who has a big ego..Horner and Webber has a team together, wonder how this is effecting to that co-operation? On the other hand Horner sort of reminds Webber what the team has done for him in the article on the other site. They have to get Webber to calm down for now as there isnt just drivers championship to lose. I believe they will have some kind of agreement and pretend everything is settled. Totally different story is if Webber will act like it.

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 12 Jul 2010, 12:49

here's another news of speculation
KIMI RAIKKONEN ON CUE FOR AN F1 RETURN

11th July 2010 By Ted Macauley

GRAND Prix drop-out Kimi Raikkonen could be back in Formula One next season.

The rumour mill reckons that Raikkonen will quit his second love, rallying, to rejoin the F1 fray – maybe with Renault or Mercedes.

Raikkonen hit the headlines yesterday at the Rally of Bulgaria after a dramatic crash shunted him down the leaderboard into 14th place.

And McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh – who came close to signing him before grabbing world champ Jenson Button – reckons F1 is where Raikkonen belongs.
The Finn opted out of his £25million-a-year deal with Ferrari to take on rally stars like Sebastien Loeb, but Whitmarsh said: “Formula One would be richer for having Kimi back.

“He is a very talented and intelligent driver, which is something that people underestimated.

“That’s because he wasn’t the most communicative of people on occasions.”

Whitmarsh, who doubles as head of FOTA, the F1 Teams’ Association, added: “Kimi is one of the most exciting drivers in the world and, frankly, he should be in Formula One.
“If I could wave a magic wand for an F1 grid it would certainly include Kimi. That’s why last year we were talking to him.”

Raikkonen, would be targeted by the Red Bull team if Mark Webber moved on.

He will also be a consideration for Mercedes if Michael Schumacher quits.
source: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/motorsports/ ... F1-return/

translation of this is much appreciated

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... 07/1154406

RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by RagingJamaican » 12 Jul 2010, 13:02

Schumacher i doubt will quit, he will have another season then quit i believe. Raikkonen hmm..... will he go to Red Bull? I fairly doubt it.

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 12 Jul 2010, 13:06

I think that some F1 teams are still really interested in Kimi. In fact, in the other site I made a comment that it was funny that MW would say that at almost the same time that Haug visits Kimi in Switzerland - and that's considering that both these teams are not supposed to have any vacancies next year.

Maybe they want him back, if not in 2011 then maybe even after that?

The thing is, I'm not really sure if Kimi wants to go back to F1 right now. He's seen that he can be competitive (as long as he keeps the car on the road :lol: ) and knowing him, he's may be looking at the WRC WDC as his next big challenge.

If any of you watched the interview with Dave, I think it's very telling, despite the fact that he said he wasn't sure yet what to do, when he says"This was the best one (his move to WRC) and I'm very sure it's still the one." when Dave asked him if he was going back to F1 or staying in rallying.