Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Wolfie » 03 Jan 2011, 11:27

:zz:

:lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 03 Jan 2011, 13:07

Omg Omg Wolfie, love your gut feeling! :hug:
Let it be true! :pray:

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 04 Jan 2011, 07:35

Wolfie wrote:Wolfie's gutfeeling gets stronger again...
Will Mark Webber continue?

Iltasanomat

Mark Webber might not continue next season. He has a contract with Red Bull but they are whispering again in the F1-circles that he considers withdrawal before the season starts.

Roger Benoit in the Swiss Blick is now writing about it and he is one of the most experienced F1-reporters and is a friend of Bernie Ecclestone.

Blick also rumours that Toro Rosso will soon be owned by rich Arabs.
So what are you saying Wolfie? That Kimi is pulling a fast one on all of us and will do a shock step-in for Webber? Anything is possible I guess but I would like to see that before I believe it.
In fact, I will eat my Kimi hap bought in Germany last year if that happens :O
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 04 Jan 2011, 13:24

Soren wrote:

Iltasanomat

Mark Webber might not continue next season. He has a contract with Red Bull but they are whispering again in the F1-circles that he considers withdrawal before the season starts.

Roger Benoit in the Swiss Blick is now writing about it and he is one of the most experienced F1-reporters and is a friend of Bernie Ecclestone.

So what are you saying Wolfie? That Kimi is pulling a fast one on all of us and will do a shock step-in for Webber? Anything is possible I guess but I would like to see that before I believe it.

:

get the salt and pepper ready Soren :lol:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

mr j
kart driver
kart driver

Post by mr j » 04 Jan 2011, 17:27

Maria d wrote:
Soren wrote:

Iltasanomat

:

I'll provide Soren with his favourite drink to help him digest the cap if the rumours are true. I live just next door to Denmark so I can be there within a couple of hours of the official announcement, if Soren wants my help. Fingers crossed for Wolfies gut feeling. :thumbsup:
Last edited by mr j on 04 Jan 2011, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 04 Jan 2011, 17:38

I am lil anxious now. we are sitting on 4th Jan and Knowing that kimi may be coming out of trauma of sad demise, i hope it doesnt get too late to have a WRC campaign with optimum efforts from Kimi. I hope he announces the decision within this week.

Fingers Crossed
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 04 Jan 2011, 17:59

mr j wrote:
Maria d wrote:
Soren wrote:

Iltasanomat

:

I'll provide Soren with his favourite drink to help him digest the cap if the rumours are true. I live just next door to Denmark so I can be there within a couple of hours of the official announcement, if Soren wants my help. Fingers crossed for Wolfies gut feeling. :thumbsup:
Didn’t already Soren have to eat his hat after Kimi won that stage in Germany? :lol:

My personal opinion is that this time Soren won’t have to eat anything.
And I’m, like luie, with all my fingers (and toes) crossed to get news soon.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 04 Jan 2011, 19:09

thanks Mr j

Way Too Fast
car driver
car driver

Post by Way Too Fast » 04 Jan 2011, 20:12

Iltasanomat

There's more chance of Kimi rejoining Ferrari and replacing Massa than Kimi replacing Webber at Red Bull.I'd much rather see Raikkonen at Ferrari rather than wimpy "show me how Shumi" Massa! but I guess it would be another nightmare for you Kimi fans with a fear of Alonso favouritism even when Ferrari is the team that no driver can own for himself;Schumi was forced to retire to make way for Kimi,and Kimi forced out to make way for Alonso.
6 years at Ferrari is way too long for Massa! bring Kimi back there! :pray:
OK I admit I can't stand Massa and I'd love to see Alonso face a greater challenge from a team mate which can only make one a better driver.

Just a thought :n
ALONSO EYEBROWS WILL BEAT YOUR EYEBROWS UP EVERYTIME!! :n :n :n

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHgrMXLdV4Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IcX73pHiXQ

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 04 Jan 2011, 22:14

luieluv wrote:I am lil anxious now. we are sitting on 4th Jan and Knowing that kimi may be coming out of trauma of sad demise, i hope it doesnt get too late to have a WRC campaign with optimum efforts from Kimi. I hope he announces the decision within this week.

Fingers Crossed
This week or next week would be nice! :)
Way Too Fast wrote:

Iltasanomat

There's more chance of Kimi rejoining Ferrari and replacing Massa than Kimi replacing Webber at Red Bull.I'd much rather see Raikkonen at Ferrari rather than wimpy "show me how Shumi" Massa! but I guess it would be another nightmare for you Kimi fans with a fear of Alonso favouritism even when Ferrari is the team that no driver can own for himself;Schumi was forced to retire to make way for Kimi,and Kimi forced out to make way for Alonso.
6 years at Ferrari is way too long for Massa! bring Kimi back there! :pray:
OK I admit I can't stand Massa and I'd love to see Alonso face a greater challenge from a team mate which can only make one a better driver.

Just a thought :n
Unfortunately, it is not a great thought. :p

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 04 Jan 2011, 22:16

Something you might want to wait for, I'm translating an article from Kulta right now...

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 04 Jan 2011, 22:19

Wolfie wrote:Something you might want to wait for, I'm translating an article from Kulta right now...
Hmm okay that sounds interesting! :)

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 04 Jan 2011, 22:31

Boudica wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Something you might want to wait for, I'm translating an article from Kulta right now...
Hmm okay that sounds interesting! :)
ok you got me too, iam waiting....hope its good news :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 04 Jan 2011, 22:39

Ogier expects Raikkonen to prove his ability in rally

Turun Sanomat 4.1 2011 22:36:25

A confirmation of Kimi Räikkönen continuing in WRC in 2011 can be expected in mid-january. This year the Finnish driver does not start his season in Tunturi-ralli nor does he start it in Monte Carlo either, he will start directly from the opening rally in Sweden, 10-13. February.

The contract has not yet been made. Räikkönen's family has been hit by a hard sorrow after Matti Räikkönen passed away in a sudden illness attack just before Christmas. Last year Raikkonen drove in Citroen team mostly as Sebastien Ogier's team mate.

Ogier sees Räikkönen continuing his rally career as a very logical solution.

- If Kimi wants to prove his abilities in rally also, then he must continue in WRC. One can't draw any conclusions based on only one year in rallying, Ogier pointed out.

Ogier was very supportive of Räikkönen's difficulties during his debut season.

- It would be difficult for any top driver to jump right into the WRC-serie without any rallying experience. The competitive level of the serie is very hard. Of course Kimi made a bunch of mistakes but I remember myself making big mistakes during my first season - although I however was born as a rally driver.

- It will be good for Kimi to continue in the WRC-serie so that he is able to gather more better results as his experience grows, Ogier says.

The French driver himself puts down the expectations his supporters have of him fighting for the championship during this year.

- My long-term goal is to win the championship. There is no rush yet.This year I would like to develop into an even better rally driver and of course collect better results. Loeb is the toughest possible teammate whom everyone wants to win - just like I do too, Ogier said.

Last year Dani Sordo was ranked before Raikkonen and he has now switched from Citroen to Prodrive and will drive a Mini together with Kris Meeke.

Petter Solberg who drove an even stronger season than Sordo, his rallying career is ending. The Norwegian's situation describes in a harsh way today's situation in rally series when there no longer is a car to be found for a world champion.

Turun Sanomat

HEIKKI KULTA

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 04 Jan 2011, 22:48

Thanks Wolfie! :hug:
Breathing in, breathing out. Uff, now I feel much better. :) I hope his information is right.

Let’s see what really happens with Solberg. Maybe he will manage to be there also this season.