Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Lynx'niK » 31 May 2010, 15:11

Hmm. I don´t think it´s worser than Ferrari. It can´t be. RBR exists how many years? Ferrari, the old federation has some incredible FiaT history + Schumacher Kingdom behind them. And I have to admit that there´s too much hype about yesterday. Yes, Vettel is Horners&Co favourite driver, but that´s human, nobody can say he or she is neutral. There´s some sort of sympathy they have for Vettel but they threat both equally at least material-wise. Yes, they should have waited till they made a decison who is guilty, but this definetly never reaches Ferraris niveau.
The story is gttin too much hype and it´s just because of RBR´s dominance. I mean if it had beene.g the Sauber Team . it wouldn´t be such a drama.
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

Avastrol
car driver
car driver

Post by Avastrol » 31 May 2010, 15:27

Well, what Ferrari did to Kimi was like what some bullies would do to a fat kid in a bench. They sit down beside the kid, and with their collective might push little by little, until the kid's ass droops off the edge of the seat, he teeters, and he falls off. Then the bullies let off a collective giggle. Covert oppression at its finest. I must clarify, though, that I am not calling Kimi a fat kid. He is simply the fat kid in the analogy.

From what I see with Horner and Marko's interviews, the oppression is much more blatant. With their collective might they gave Mark a big shove and are poking him with sticks, and pelting him rocks. But then it's just been two days since the incident. Things could still change.

Besides, Marko is the biggest Vettel nut swinger in all of Red Bull. If, say, it were Horner (who is slightly Vettel biased), and someone else who is much more sensible than Marko, maybe it wouldn't have looked so bad. Things can still change.

I have to disclose my biases, though - I am one of the few Kimi nutheads here who did not bother hitching a ride in the Vettelwagen when he exited last year. He might be friends with Kimi, but I was never a fan of his. I find him all amiable and smiling when winning, but he's dour and all pouts like Hamilton when he's losing.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 31 May 2010, 16:03

To be honest, I really don't see Kimi ever going to Red Bull. It's been plainly obvious this weekend that Vettel is their golden boy and they will stop at almost nothing to get the WDC for Vettel. They've been trying to hard to make Vettel their WDC, why would they want to hire an ex-WDC from outside? I just don't think Red Bull want another driver threatening Vettel's position in the team. If I recall correctly, at the beginning of the year Horner said that their goal was to make Vettel the WDC in 2010.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 31 May 2010, 17:43

Agree with Avastrol ... I am highly disappointed with Sebbie, Horner and RB. :<>:

I find myself cheering for Macca, Lulu and Puttonen now! :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 31 May 2010, 17:47

who is Puttonen???

I´m a Hambo Fan, he behaves now and I like to watch him driving. The man has grown up. :thumbsup:

oh, and sometimes I cheer for Poczta.
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 31 May 2010, 17:47

Interesting articles about RBR

http://www.yallaf1.com/2010/05/31/contr ... -bull-pen/
http://www.yallaf1.com/2010/05/31/red-b ... headlines/

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 31 May 2010, 17:49

Lynx'niK wrote:who is Puttonen???

I´m a Hambo Fan, he behaves now and I like to watch him driving. The man has grown up. :thumbsup:

hehe and who is Poczta? :lol:

Puttonen = Button ... Kimi once called him like that at one of his column :lol:

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 31 May 2010, 17:52

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Lynx'niK wrote:who is Puttonen???

hehe and who is Poczta? :lol:

Puttonen = Button ... Kimi once called him like that at one of his column :lol:
Poczta (pl. post) is Kubica. He just looks like a DHL guy :lol:
Off-Topic: show
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 31 May 2010, 17:54

ah okay :lol: ... yeah Kubica is also one driver I support

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 31 May 2010, 18:11

Actually,I think it was Vettels fault because of his lack of patience, as he had been overshadowed by Mark at the previous races. He was faster and he wanted to show it so much. But on the other hand I dont perfectly buy the clame regarding Horner ofcourse( the other guy is just Vettels admirer) ,that he would prefer Vettel more. Remember how Heikki Kulta wrote two weeks ago, there is problems in the team regarding information changing and hinted the team doesnt like it. At the same time Vettels personal trainer said Vettel has to earn his position again.
The team has been thinking Vettel is faster but as Mark showed he can do it if they let him..to a certain point. And that point came us to see yesterday. Because to me the fact that even Horner was ready to claim it was Marks fault( partly it was , as he bullied Vettel and Vettel bullied him) tells there has been some controversy way earlier, that is the team didnt trust to Mark that he indeed is a team player and he proved he isnt when there is his future in stake.
Mark was dead serious at the podium ceremony and it wasnt because of the crash. It was because he has now every reason to fear for his seat. Because he knows, Horner doesnt deside the drivers on his own.

I dont think Red Bull would be totally Vettels team if there were Kimi onboard. Red Bull is fairly new team, now succesfull but there hasnt been a single star driving for them. Vettel is a rising star but he lacks something that maybe Kimi could teach to him. Kimi doesnt fear to be by side of fast driver and I am sure Horner would give him opportunity to drive their car to the world map. Then again the situation could be different if Vettel wins the championship which I am beginning to think he isnt going to..He need to grow a little.
And last but not least, Kimi is the one who desides what he is going to do next year.

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 31 May 2010, 23:24

Thing everyone forgets from yesterday's incident is: The team had given the go ahead to Vettel to overtake Webber and had asked Webber's engineer to tell Webber to move. Vettel has been faster, and with Hamilton up on his tail, it makes sense for the team to have the faster driver up front. If it had been one of those races where the Red Bull drivers were far ahead of others, Vettel would not have tried to overtake in first place. Webber can be excused because his engineer did not tell him what the team told him to.

Also, there is no doubt that Webber pushed Vettel to the left. 300 kmph, dirty side, grass on one side, teammate within few cms on the other side. It's a recipe for disaster. Vettel tries to correct a little bit while being on the white line. Considering how bumpy and dirty the track was, he probably lost control or lost the sense of direction on how close he was with Webber. You don't see a steering input as obvious that he drifted to Webber.

I don't think Red Bull is giving preferential treatment to any driver. This would definitely not stop Kimi considering Red Bull. Remember he was daring to drive alongside Schumacher after all in the kingdom the latter built. It's down to Kimi, I believe.

One day, Red Bull is so much in love with Webber to sign him over Kimi and the other day Red Bull is such a bad team that it thrown Webber under bus for Vettel. I think Kimi is much more balanced than buying such theories.

apple: Let us know what Kulta gathers about the Webber-Vettel incident.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 01 Jun 2010, 06:51

Dheepan, you are right. I saw the screen shots about the insident and they show clearly, Vettel steered to left not right. It was Webber who made a slight steering input to left and actually hit Vettels sidepod just before the insident. This gives an impression like Vettel was steering to right as it was because of the hit his car turned to right. He steers the whole time to left. Only earlier as he is on the white line and steers to right to get out of there. Webber forces him out, very slightly but still.

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 01 Jun 2010, 12:27

I must be blind because when I see the crash I can see Vettel's car go right towards Webber, but on the on-board shot I don't see Vettel turn the steering wheel to the right. Am I the only one that can't see it? Or is it maybe that he lost control of the car due to dusty track/bump etc? :huh:

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 01 Jun 2010, 14:31

ish678 wrote:I must be blind because when I see the crash I can see Vettel's car go right towards Webber, but on the on-board shot I don't see Vettel turn the steering wheel to the right. Am I the only one that can't see it? Or is it maybe that he lost control of the car due to dusty track/bump etc? :huh:
i think its the trajectory ... vettel was on a collision course and maybe he'd very less control of the car .... there are bumps.

anyways christian horner says he turned right . if so then it might be true .

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 01 Jun 2010, 16:16

Yeah, I guess the steering data will have shown him turning right. It seems quite subtle though.