Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by dindi » 06 Jun 2010, 15:10

Great post by that segedunum person, redstorm. Thanks for sharing :)

Brenda, what makes you think that? I for one am planning to stalk him at one of them rallies :D (And I'm almost sure Vida will join me...)

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 06 Jun 2010, 15:15

luieluv wrote:The entire interview

KR: Rally is more difficult than Formula 1 "

Kimi Raikkonen on his move from Formula 1 and the fascination of the rally sport. The Finn loves new challenges. An F1 comeback is still possible.

The extent of the Formula 1 champion Kimi Raikkonen is still present?
Kimi Raikkonen: The past is what it is: over. I do not miss it.

You are now rally driver. Remove the looser than in the F1?
KR: I love this job, the whole environment. But there is much to learn. With a relaxed setting you do not go far. And I want to be good in what I do.

Is the world title a realistic goal? When can it happen?
KR: No one can see into the future, but yes, it is a dream. Now it is time to learn. The Formula 1 past brings me no harm.

Where the differences lie in the physical activity?
KR: In Formula 1 you have to train harder, because the strain on arms and neck are extreme. In rallying, it is more the driving skills on, you train on Sundays. The burden is not so high, but on the surface.

Can one say that one of the two sports is difficult?
KR: Rally is more difficult because everything is constantly changing. The substrate, the weather, the track. You have to be flexible, adjust quickly you respond quickly.

What is more dangerous?
KR: Motorsport is always dangerous.

What is more fun?
KR: Rally! because there are always new challenges.

Is a formula one comeback still possible?
KR: Sure, anything is possible.
Thanks, Luie!
Wolfie wrote:
SilentKiller wrote:Dont think so.......is red bull kimi merchandise selling like hot cakes...then also I doubt they would give him a 2 year contract that also in the middle of his firsts season.
Kimi Red Bull -merchandise would be sold out in a flash if they would be found somewhere...
Reminds me of how I can never seem to find Kimi Puma Ferrari merch anywhere... all the stores have are Massa's :lol:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 06 Jun 2010, 15:27

dindi wrote:Great post by that segedunum person, redstorm. Thanks for sharing :)

Brenda, what makes you think that? I for one am planning to stalk him at one of them rallies :D (And I'm almost sure Vida will join me...)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: im with you...

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 07 Jun 2010, 01:55

Dindi,

cos I'm the jinx :fear: so usually I get the opposite of what I wish for... I'm resigned to fate ... that's why I have to continue supporting my good man Fonzi and Webster. They are my true heros at the moment :n
The JINX

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 07 Jun 2010, 04:05

brendakarli wrote:Dindi,

cos I'm the jinx :fear: so usually I get the opposite of what I wish for... I'm resigned to fate ... that's why I have to continue supporting my good man Fonzi and Webster. They are my true heros at the moment :n
:::

I`m with u... :roll::

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 07 Jun 2010, 06:47

Doesn't look like Kimi is coming back to F1. :fear:
But I'm still hoping as long as he hasn't confirm it. :pray:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 07 Jun 2010, 07:04

If you believe something then i might come true... *i still believe that he will return*

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 07 Jun 2010, 07:16

Vida wrote:If you believe something then i might come true... *i still believe that he will return*
Infact i dont want him to but i too have a gut feeling that kimi is returning to F1. :cool:
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 07 Jun 2010, 07:34

luieluv wrote:
Vida wrote:If you believe something then i might come true... *i still believe that he will return*
Infact i dont want him to but i too have a gut feeling that kimi is returning to F1. :cool:
let's hang on on that :pray: :pray: :cool:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 07 Jun 2010, 07:37

Vida wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Thats what i have been saying it loud to just hang on. I am getting positive vibes about Kimi coming back in F1. I think Kimi and Robertson would have already made a verbal negotiations with the desired teams in question.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SilentKiller » 07 Jun 2010, 07:43

Maybe Kimi is just sticking to Rally and just like last season he and his managers are just creating the hype.
Lat year most of us here had more than a gut feeling that he is gonna end up in Mclaren.
What happened?

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 07 Jun 2010, 07:44

luieluv wrote:
Vida wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Thats what i have been saying it loud to just hang on. I am getting positive vibes about Kimi coming back in F1. I think Kimi and Robertson would have already made a verbal negotiations with the desired teams in question.
like kimi's famous word: just wait and see...

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 07 Jun 2010, 08:38

No inside info but I would put Kimi's choice of WRC down to the fact that Macca would not let him rally and they wanted him to be a PR stooge like Hammy baby. RB saw a marketing op and jumped on it. If they did it to lock him up for F1 will have to wait some...... Perhaps RB has an option with Webber that they keep him if, say, he is top three by years end. Something that they thought was unlikely but now might bite them in the ass! We just won't know anything until the Iceman thaws some
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Jun 2010, 09:09

redstorm wrote:No inside info but I would put Kimi's choice of WRC down to the fact that Macca would not let him rally and they wanted him to be a PR stooge like Hammy baby. RB saw a marketing op and jumped on it. If they did it to lock him up for F1 will have to wait some...... Perhaps RB has an option with Webber that they keep him if, say, he is top three by years end. Something that they thought was unlikely but now might bite them in the ass! We just won't know anything until the Iceman thaws some
Thanks for the article from Autosport, Redstorm :wave:

About Webber, some guy on another forum claims he knows for sure, 100%, that Webber has a deal that he hasn't yet signed - he claims Red Bull is willing but Mark is uncertain.

Which makes you wonder why on earth would he be unsure of signing a contract with the top team???

Maybe it comes with a Kimi-clause :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Jun 2010, 09:11

Lynx'niK wrote:haha, Wolfie, you just said you wanna know how Vettel smiles in front of Webbo nowadays- here he is :D
Off-Topic: show
Ah, don't you just love these PR-photos :lol:

The genuinity is strikingly obvious :zz:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL