Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by momo » 03 Jun 2010, 22:44

Anelise wrote:Grazie momo!! :cool:
Boa noite!
Bons sonhos!
Durma bem!

Ciao Bella!
:hug: :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 04 Jun 2010, 11:39

momo wrote:Another article on the future of Kimi:
What next for Kimi Raikkonen?
by Noah Joseph (RSS feed) on Jun 3rd 2010 at 5:59PM

Every F1 season has its wild cards, but in his typical style, few have proven as wild as Kimi Raikkonen. When Ferrari cut his contract short at the end of last season, the 2007 world champion – who came within spitting distance of stealing the title in 2003 and 2005 too – shocked the motor racing world when he simply packed his helmet and switched disciplines to the World Rally Championship.

Now learning the rally ropes with highly-rated promise, Raikkonen is still proving the wildest of wild cards for next season and beyond. As a contracted Red Bull driver in the WRC, speculation has been rampant that the "Ice Man" could make his triumphant return to the grand prix scene behind the wheel of a Red Bull F1 car.

Infamously resistant to interviews, the Finn refused to comment on his next career move, but the brakes seem to have been put on the rumors when Red Bull Racing chief Christian Horner nixed the idea. However, the team's influential "advisor" Helmut Marko – himself a former F1 driver and Le Mans winner – is reportedly in favor of replacing current championship leader Mark Webber – whose contract expires at the end of this season – with Raikkonen. Kimi's manager isn't ruling anything out, neither committing his client to another season in the WRC nor refuting the possibility of his return to F1.

So could Raikkonen be back in single-seaters with Red Bull next season? Entirely too early to say for sure, especially with reports that Felipe Massa is slated to stay with Ferrari, thereby closing that door for Webber. But for a talent as versatile as Kimi's, the sky is the proverbial limit.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/03/what ... utoblog%29
Good night!
Sweet dreams!
Sleep well!
Buonanotte bellissimi!

:)
Thank you, Momo :hug:

That was a fun read :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 04 Jun 2010, 11:49

rko281 wrote:At the end of 2009 when he announced his start in WRC, he knew what he'll do in 2011.
What he's been saying for the past months that he hasn't decided yet, it's smoke screen, there are contracts, sponsors involved and he can't say yet what he'll do.
Of course the plans for 2011 are not 100%sure because in motorsports things change in a year, but 99% he has set the plans.

What you read about RedBull, one week the press says he's there, next week the press says he wont.
C'mon people, you know that 99% of the press has an agenda and most wrote what some teams want to so that they have the bargaining power in negociations.

So, please all...chill out a bit! Am I the only one who is cool about all the rumors and plans?

P.S. As Iceman's fans, you are a little too stressed :lol:
But we do love to be stressed out :lol:

Honestly, I think we all know that nothing is certain and last year proved that contracts can be toilet paper so we probably all know in the back of our head that teams give out minimum info that reporters make look big, only to see that the truth is completely opposite.

WRC is my first pick (as if it would be in my hands :lol: ) but I wouldn't be surprised if Webber would sign a contract with a Kimi-clause. Kimi tells that he has time to decide and he could well turn up on the F1-grid next year - everything is possible and speculating over it is half the fun :n

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 04 Jun 2010, 11:51

And I would also like to remind that this is little, we have no idea what it must have felt for the Alonso-fans, the media speculated for over two years and I can't understand how they managed to live with that. Maybe we will find out ourselves :lol:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 04 Jun 2010, 12:03

Wolfie wrote:And I would also like to remind that this is little, we have no idea what it must have felt for the Alonso-fans, the media speculated for over two years and I can't understand how they managed to live with that. Maybe we will find out ourselves :lol:
Yes it's true, but they only have to worry about where will Elbanco drive. They knew Alonso will drive somewhere. We don't know anything :(

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 04 Jun 2010, 13:56

Elcabong didn't exactly leave a path of rose petals behind him.... No it wasn't so cut and dry. Atleast Kimis wooing would be with the fastest car with the top designer. Fred jumped into the lions den and if he screws this up I don't see a WRC ride lining up....
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 04 Jun 2010, 14:05

Redstorm whats it like to be a f1-WRC fan in NASCAR country?
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 04 Jun 2010, 14:09

redstorm wrote:Elcabong didn't exactly leave a path of rose petals behind him.... No it wasn't so cut and dry. Atleast Kimis wooing would be with the fastest car with the top designer. Fred jumped into the lions den and if he screws this up I don't see a WRC ride lining up....
Elcabong :lol:

You are a wizard with words Redstorm, just like Kimi is :cool:

I have to say that I feel for Fred, IMO the media has not done him a favour, it's a paradox, since they have talked about him using the biggest superlatives and now he has to live up to all the expectations and that alone is a tough thing to do. It's been so easy for Kimppa since everybody knew he had the least experience of them all so he can only win whereas Fred can only lose.

God knows how he deals with it. Kimi's advantage has been trainer Aki Hintsa from McLaren who also trained the drivers mentally. It's no wonder that Hamilton grew so quickly when thinking of the last two races in 2007. Aki Hintsa is pure gold and... even Vettel uses him.

But hey... did you know that Alonso has asked Quesnel from Citroen if he can have a test drive in rally? Looks like it's becoming a very popular sport in the F1-circles. After two seasons WRC will have almost every F1-driver in the serie :lol:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 04 Jun 2010, 14:12

is that true Alonso in WRC? that would be fun to watch.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 04 Jun 2010, 14:23

Maria d wrote:is that true Alonso in WRC? that would be fun to watch.
Yes Maria, it's true. Oliver Quesnel told it in an interview with rally radio during Rally Sweden. Wonder if he got the test drive or not :confused:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 04 Jun 2010, 14:33

I hope he did,he would bring huge amount of fans to,and maybe they will start to put rally on tv like they put F1on.Yesterday i watched RB air racing, so maybe rally cant be far behind.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 04 Jun 2010, 14:35

Can Kimi fly :lol:

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 04 Jun 2010, 14:40

Maria d wrote:Redstorm whats it like to be a f1-WRC fan in NASCAR country?
Can get lonely at times. I bought a Williams/BMW shirt the first year at Indy and I still wear it every now and then. Noone had a clue what it was until Montoya arrived. Just like you all waiting for Kimi, I'm waiting on Montoya to win an oval. I'll watch a race if he's still in it otherwise I'm out of tintops.

I was joking about Fred in WRC but that's @$&@"/&:$ awesome if he tries it! If this keeps up Ferrari will need to build a limited edition 4WD street car.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 04 Jun 2010, 14:45

Kimi Raikkonen has just a signed a new two year deal with Citroën junior team. So looks as if F1 is now over. It will be announced in July

http://twitter.com/WRC_News/status/15418931838
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan