Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 11 Nov 2010, 16:29

No statement from Kimi today? :confused:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 11 Nov 2010, 16:34

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:No statement from Kimi today? :confused:
not yet :(
Off-Topic: show
teammates Image :lol:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 11 Nov 2010, 16:49

i think we will know for sure at the finish line....

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 11 Nov 2010, 17:30

Wolfie wrote: If this bunch has gone through all the difficulties while supporting our man, then this is peanuts and will only glue us together and not cause a single crack :lol:
It's just amazing, isn't it? :shhh:

Vida: I don't think he would say anything on Sunday. I guess we will have to wait more. :confused:

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 11 Nov 2010, 17:43

spinster wrote:
rko281 wrote:
spinster wrote:but maybe some other sponsors give him the money to stay in citroën junior...that might be also possible because it really takes very long!

BUT as you all know for me it's a sign that Kimi is in F1 RBR...

Damn some of you going to shoot me if that doesn't happen :lol:
Let's hope you're not going to shoot yourself :blush:
Here, 90% of people believe Kimi won't go back to F1, so nobody will feel the need to shoot you.
90% is a bit too much mate :O

and no i'm bot gonna shoot myself or blame me...it was worth the try...

and i still want to have a proper explanation why you all wanna see him in rally?

Because you all feel he's happier there???
Because he has potential. He is fast. He could be a world rally champion one day. :O
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 11 Nov 2010, 17:46

SpaMaster wrote:
spinster wrote:
rko281 wrote:
spinster wrote:but maybe some other sponsors give him the money to stay in citroën junior...that might be also possible because it really takes very long!

BUT as you all know for me it's a sign that Kimi is in F1 RBR...

Damn some of you going to shoot me if that doesn't happen :lol:
Let's hope you're not going to shoot yourself :blush:
Here, 90% of people believe Kimi won't go back to F1, so nobody will feel the need to shoot you.
90% is a bit too much mate :O

and no i'm bot gonna shoot myself or blame me...it was worth the try...

and i still want to have a proper explanation why you all wanna see him in rally?

Because you all feel he's happier there???
Because he has potential. He is fast. He could be a world rally champion one day. :O
Hit the nail hard. Perfect.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 11 Nov 2010, 17:52

well looks like we are not going to be upp for any information during this rally... hopefully he remembers to annouce his next year before he disepears on his deserved vacation ... :O

about Monte Carlo: sounds quite possible even if its just a rumor. Citroen doesnt have a S2000 car which is the main car at IRC, but Peugeot is a part of their mothercompany and Quesnell is the boss of Peugeots IRC project also. So when Citroen WRC-drivers goes IRC they drive the peugeot S2000 as Ogier has done this year. The 100th aniversary classic Monte Carlo rally is going to be THE happening for every driver who has been biten by the Rally-bugg so I guess if Kimi just gets a car and a sponsor he wants to do the rally... and I also guess that the arrangers of the Monte Carlo rally want Kimi to compete in there... I remeber that they already wanted him last year.

About the Kulta column: He is basically saying the same thing as the german papers (autosport aktuell) was saying a month ago. The article has been here also... This year Red Bull has been paying for kimis car to citroen (has to cost alot because i guess every crash has costed them more), giving him salary and beeing the main sponsor of the junior team. And the thing Kulta is saying that next year they sponsor him personally whith x-amount of money (which is smaller than they put on him this year i guess) as long as he is not driving for monster... I guess his sourses are the same german as before, he has just waited one month to write about it as it was in the german media a long wile ago.
So recycled news/speculations...

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 11 Nov 2010, 18:05

Wolfie wrote:
Vida wrote:
luieluv wrote: Feels bad. In this case i see that the negotiations between kimi-red bull may have come to end as far as citroen junior is concerned.
me thinks that although redbull is not sponsoring kimi in cirtroen junior but i don't see rebdull and kimi parted..
And Vida too :hug:

I'm more and more certain that Kulta knows exactly what Kimi is going to do next season but doesn't say it. He says that Red Bull will continue to be Kimi's personal sponsor but they will not sponsor Citroen Junior Team. Therefore Kimi will not drive for Citroen and also if he would go to Monster they would terminate their 'longterm' sponsorship with Kimi...

Put Marko's words into this context and there's a new picture again where Red Bull values Kimi highly and.... something tells me that if Kimi would have wanted to continue in WRC (pure speculation from my side) then Red Bull would have sponsored the Junior Team.

Kimi and the others have said all along that Kimi makes the decisions himself.

What a meltdown and shock in the F1-forums if he would come back to F1 and to Red Bull :lol:
Webber does not look like he is going to stay at Red Bull next year, particularly after last week's comments, does he?

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 11 Nov 2010, 18:17

Kinga wrote:
miezicat wrote: the day it was announced that Alonso will take Kimi's place was the worst because I believed or wanted to believe till the last second that it will not happen. so I try to be more realistic now. :O I don't think Kimi will come back and at the moment I can't say what I would prefer so whatever happens - as long it is not retirement - it's okay. :)
Yeah, that was an awful day. ::oops:; I was like you, tried to believe that it won't happen.

I think the realistic thinking is this that Kimi will stay in WRC. I should think like this too but my heart always tells me the opposite. My mind and my heart are fighting all the time LOL
But it was quite apparent even before they announced it, wasn't it? They were not speaking up for Kimi at all considering how rampant the rumours have become. I also believed earlier that Kimi would stay at Ferrari in 2010. It is Ferrari's silence in not speaking up for Kimi that convinced me Kimi was not his way out. Backstabbers!

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 11 Nov 2010, 19:34

I post parts of Kimi's blog here as well:

Wales Rally GB driver blog: Kimi Raikkonen

A lot of people have been asking me what I’m doing next year and the truth is that I really don’t know. My management is working on a few options, but rallying is definitely what we are looking at; I’m not going back to Formula One next year.

Obviously it makes things a bit easier if we can end the season with a strong result, so that’s what we’re going to be concentrating on this weekend. Rallying is all about experience, so with everything we’ve learned so far, I’m sure we’re going to be in a much stronger position next year. If we’ve not drowned in all the rain by then...”
http://www.wrc.com/fanzone/blogs/

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Nov 2010, 19:36

SpaMaster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Vida wrote:
luieluv wrote: Feels bad. In this case i see that the negotiations between kimi-red bull may have come to end as far as citroen junior is concerned.
me thinks that although redbull is not sponsoring kimi in cirtroen junior but i don't see rebdull and kimi parted..
And Vida too :hug:

I'm more and more certain that Kulta knows exactly what Kimi is going to do next season but doesn't say it. He says that Red Bull will continue to be Kimi's personal sponsor but they will not sponsor Citroen Junior Team. Therefore Kimi will not drive for Citroen and also if he would go to Monster they would terminate their 'longterm' sponsorship with Kimi...

Put Marko's words into this context and there's a new picture again where Red Bull values Kimi highly and.... something tells me that if Kimi would have wanted to continue in WRC (pure speculation from my side) then Red Bull would have sponsored the Junior Team.

Kimi and the others have said all along that Kimi makes the decisions himself.

What a meltdown and shock in the F1-forums if he would come back to F1 and to Red Bull :lol:
Webber does not look like he is going to stay at Red Bull next year, particularly after last week's comments, does he?
Nope, Dheeban. Doesn't look like it. Red Bull has been really quiet in public which raises the question that they are very unhappy with the negative publicity they are getting. I don't know who to blame, reporters can be cruel and if they used Mark since he isn't used to the media then it's basically their fault. Still... if it was a one thing only it would be different but now it just seems to go on and on...
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Nov 2010, 19:38

Kriss wrote:I post parts of Kimi's blog here as well:

A lot of people have been asking me what I’m doing next year and the truth is that I really don’t know. My management is working on a few options, but rallying is definitely what we are looking at; I’m not going back to Formula One next year.

Obviously it makes things a bit easier if we can end the season with a strong result, so that’s what we’re going to be concentrating on this weekend. Rallying is all about experience, so with everything we’ve learned so far, I’m sure we’re going to be in a much stronger position next year. If we’ve not drowned in all the rain by then...”
:blink:

Sounds like rally to me :O

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 11 Nov 2010, 19:40

Wolfie wrote:

really? :lol: :hug:

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 11 Nov 2010, 19:44

Wolfie wrote:

I've been saying this for 10months already.
Wolfie, I'll come back to this thread again ( when the official statement will be made) to claim my winning bet.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Nov 2010, 19:47

rko281 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

I've been saying this for 10months already.
Wolfie, I'll come back to this thread again ( when the official statement will be made) to claim my winning bet.
I'm a woman of my words, rko281 :lol:

Be gentle with me :hug: