Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Kriss » 17 May 2010, 09:49

so everybody is linked everywhere, July is not very far.... :huh:
Kimi Raikkonen has been linked with Webber’s seat

At least three media sources are claiming Mark Webber is a contender to replace Felipe Massa at Ferrari next year. Britain’s The Sun, the Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo, and British journalist James Allen all reported the rumour from the scene of this weekend’s Monaco grand prix.
It is already rumoured that Robert Kubica is another contender to replace struggling Brazilian Massa, whose current teammate Fernando Alonso is under long-term contract.

The Sun also said Webber, 33, could retire if he is not retained by Red Bull in 2011 and is unable to find another top drive.

Kimi Raikkonen has been linked with Webber’s seat at the energy drink-owned team, and the newspaper said “the pieces of the puzzle” could be in place by July.

El Mundo, meanwhile, raised the possibility that Massa could simply swap seats with Webber and race alongside Sebastian Vettel next year.

source: GMM
http://www.flagworld.com/news/?p=37258

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 17 May 2010, 09:51

beefree88 wrote:
It's easy to misinterpret Kimi. He does care about a lot of things he doesn't talk about.
He doesn't stress about things in advance, or at least doesn't share. Last year he had clear plans, and we all know what happened. He has to have a clear picturee first of where things going, and how he feels about that.
Actually we don't know if he'll have a chance to stay in rally. Next year he won't be such a novelty, there's no way to know yet if he can be up there with the big guys, and he won't be a sponsor magnet if he avoids the limelight as successfully as in Monaco
true :thumbsup:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 17 May 2010, 09:52

Kinga wrote:Claudie, where is your optimistic attitude? I'm really surprised! It's just an article. Just because Mark has been doing extremely well during these last 2 races but what about the beginning of this year? They started to bury him and send him to retirement. Remember what a certain blonde once said: in F1 you become hero from zero just in 1 day (and vice versa)!

Let's wait and see. Nothing is signed yet. :zz: :p

I still think that Webber goes to Ferrari next year and would like to end his carrer by the Red Devils. :wave:
Hmm you know I was sooo optmistic about him coming back but things have changed the last 2 weeks. Now it isnt his decision anymore. What if he really wanted to come back but waited too long? Maybe he thought he had too much "power"? But now the decsion is being made for him and he has just one option (rally left).
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 17 May 2010, 09:54

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Yeah but this was before this weekend and all the rumours about Webbo and RB being in negotiations. :(
Actually it might be a prelude to the real negotiations. If you want a higher salary or urge your team to sign the deal, you need to show them you are wanted elsewhere too.
That fits both Massa and Webber
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 17 May 2010, 09:55

MTV 3 reporter says in his twitter that knowing Horner, the deal is practically done. And I wouldnt wonder why Webber drives so well if the deal has been done.

Pyper
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Pyper » 17 May 2010, 09:55

I think the Q&A with Horner is pretty categorical to be honest.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 17 May 2010, 09:59

Pyper wrote:I think the Q&A with Horner is pretty categorical to be honest.
what do you mean with "categorial"? :huh:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 17 May 2010, 09:59

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote: Hmm you know I was sooo optmistic about him coming back but things have changed the last 2 weeks. Now it isnt his decision anymore. What if he really wanted to come back but waited too long? Maybe he thought he had too much "power"? But now the decsion is being made for him and he has just one option (rally left).
It's as much his decision as it was before. If and when he'll decide what he wants, he'll find a way. It won't be necessarily the most obvious solution though.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 17 May 2010, 10:02

Well, if it's over (I mean no Kimi in F1 anymore) then it's better know it earlier IMO. Then we don't need to wait so long for the decision.

Pyper
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Pyper » 17 May 2010, 10:05

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Pyper wrote:I think the Q&A with Horner is pretty categorical to be honest.
what do you mean with "categorial"? :huh:
Sorry, my misspelling didn't help :blush: I meant that his message is loud and clear and that he is making sure everyone knows that Webber has a future with Red Bull.

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Loiste » 17 May 2010, 10:08

I'm dispirited ((

I just see no place (competitive) for Kimi to next season - neither on WRC, neither on F1. :fear:

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 17 May 2010, 10:08

i dont think he made it clear ... y talk about purple streak ...

i know its a bit too much...dissecting a Q&A :D ... (but hey i can do so to be optimistic :) )
Q. Have Mark Webber's performances in the last two weekends been a bit of a surprise?

CH: I said to his partner, whatever he is eating for breakfast at the moment I would like to have some of it, because it is obviously working! He has hit a purple streak and he has probably had the best 10 days of his life. He is very confident in the car, he is very happy with set-up and so on, and his confidence is sky high at the moment.

He came into the weekend after a very strong Barcelona and he has carried it through, but we've seen that kind of performance from Sebastian in the first four races. We are very fortunate to be in that position with two very strong drivers.
u know he could have given a very simple no ... and there was no need to talk about seb

P.S anyways as i said ... its just the optimist in me who would want to read too much into that kind of a response

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 17 May 2010, 10:10

Now I read from TS that despite Webbers recent success there is no rush to deside the driver, and in this light Webbers form really seems to be for the driver markets, as Dietrich Mateschitz and Helmut Marko arent so keen to deside the driver just yet. TS refers to July as the desicion month.
Also Mark Webber has found something new from the car with his engineer and rumours tell that he isnt that good team mate anymore as the information doesnt go to the other side of the garage. From car developing point of view this isnt considered to be good thing.

It looks like as Red Bull starts to success the game goes tougher in the team.. ''hmm''

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 17 May 2010, 10:10

I have 2 thoughts in my mind right now:

1. I can't imagine that Kimi (and the Robertsons) has made such a hazardous decision last year knowing that in 2011 there would be no room for Kimi neither in F1 nor in WRC.
2. They know something which we do not know (yet).

I try to think that the situation is the 2. point LOL

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 17 May 2010, 10:11

Kinga wrote:Well, if it's over (I mean no Kimi in F1 anymore) then it's better know it earlier IMO. Then we don't need to wait so long for the decision.
In his case there's no such thing as over. Expect the unexpected from him. Always :)