Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Wolfie » 23 Jun 2010, 07:49

But didn't Kimi say that he will tell it in June-July?
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 23 Jun 2010, 07:50

beefree88 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Vida wrote:thanks nicole and Momo...

so where will kimi in 2011??? only kimi, the robertson and the team he goes to know about it... :zz: :zz: :lol:
They have said June-July, it should be any day now :pray:
I think Kimi won't decide until after Neste Rallye. In F1 he has confidence as a driver, but hates everything else, while in rallye it's the opposit.
He loves rallye, but still seems to be a bit unsure if he could be competitive enough to reach the top. Bulgaria and Finland could give him some kind of sign one way or the oher.
I agree completely :thumbsup:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 23 Jun 2010, 07:53

Wolfie wrote:But didn't Kimi say that he will tell it in June-July?
yes he said that.. but i dont know.. i got a feeling it would be much later than june-july

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 23 Jun 2010, 07:55

Vida wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

so where will kimi in 2011??? only kimi, the robertson and the team he goes to know about it... :zz: :zz: :lol:
I think Kimi won't decide until after Neste Rallye. In F1 he has confidence as a driver, but hates everything else, while in rallye it's the opposit.
He loves rallye, but still seems to be a bit unsure if he could be competitive enough to reach the top. Bulgaria and Finland could give him some kind of sign one way or the oher.
my feeling said that he will give his decision before the end of the year.. around october and november..
I talked only aout his personal decision :)
Probably we'll know about it a lot later.
He said he'll decide which way to go in the middle of the season.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 23 Jun 2010, 08:05

The decision probably will be made June-July, but I doubt that the official statement will come earlier than Autumn.

P.S.Imagine if he decides to go back to F1 (which I don't believe :O ), do you think it's fair to announce during the F1 season considering that he might replace someone?

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 23 Jun 2010, 08:56

Kriss wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

I agree completely :thumbsup:

I SO agree... and after he decided what he wants they start to negotiate and it takes a couple of months to get every agreement done .... so we are in the middle of autumn before we hear any decisions...

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 23 Jun 2010, 09:08

Thanks for the interview peeps :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 23 Jun 2010, 14:32

a small part of that interview Nicole posted yesterday (from Autosprint) was translated today on one of the Russian web-sites with the title:
'Kimi Räikkönen is missing F1 cars'
How people can take a small part of the interview and make such conclusions? :<>: this is very 'low' type of the press
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 23 Jun 2010, 15:44

I'm already convinced he is headed for rally... I'm sick of the speculating which began from last year but now it is less painful becos he is not hounded by the press like in F1 and he is treated much better by his current team than the previous red one. I am hoping he returns to F1 but if he doesn't then I'll have to live with it cos I'm his fan no matter what.

And from that youtube montage I saw the other day, I think he has already told us he wants to ry something new - so I believe WRC is his choice...if he misses the speed of the F1 car, he can always ask red bull to let him have a go with the cars in the off season :lol:

For now, I am supporting domi and his no.1 driver !!! Go Fonzi!!!
The JINX

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 23 Jun 2010, 19:47

The article of Auto Sprint

From WHATEVER:
To give Tania some help, and to practice my second and third languages here’s Kaj’s part: (Please Tania, correct me if I’m wrong.)

KaJ Lindstrom
Raikkonen’s co-driver

He is more secure now

One that has run for two World Championships (2002 and 2003) beside Tommy Makinen, winning Montecarlo’s Rally, should be satisfied. Instead, Kaj Lindstrom is facing the adventure beside Raikkonen with beginner’s enthusiasm. The 41 years-old is an expert after 20 rally seasons.

What have you and Kimi have said to each other, before and after the last super special, in the Lanterna Rally?

“Before, we were talking about pushing and trying to keep Ogier behind us. Later we said to ourselves that we were to slow. All here. We ruined the front-left and the rear-left wheels in the penultimate stage, that long one: signs of battle. It was a great challenge, and for the first time Kimi felt like a real rally driver”.

And Now?

“Now he has grown. Having battled like that with Ogier, that is the driver of the moment, it has been much more profitable in sight of Rally Bulgaria. We go there in order to be with the big ones. This is the difference between here and there. But we think about nothing: just drive”.

Raikkonen seen from his point of view…

“He is a pretty boy, easy going: it’s easy to do things with him. He has approached Rally with the right attitude, knowing how to drive but wanting to learn with humility. He has never thought: this I know already. And he doesn’t expect miracles”.

What is missing now to arrive to the summit?

“Experience, just that. Talent he has more than enough, but rallies are completely different from F1. He doesn’t want to rush, he have said this to you before
Last edited by momo on 23 Jun 2010, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 23 Jun 2010, 19:50

The article of Auto Sprint
From TaniaS
Nothing to add. Perfect translation WHATEVER. :wink: Thank you for the help. Unfortunately I always need of my dictionary at my side to translate, so I can do it only in the evening. :oops:
This is the part with Nogier comments:
HE NEEDS TIME TO GROW
Benoit Nogier – He goes faster than music

Who’s better than a technician to describe a driver? Benoit Nogier frequently sees Kimi Raikkonen at work, so it’s perfectly able to judge him.

- What kind of rally driver is Kimi?
“On the gravel, at the beginning, he made slide the car too much. While the others, Loeb, Ogier and so on, usually try to run along the road in the shorter way, he skidded a lot. In a finnish way old style, I would say, but today that kind of driving doesn’t worth. You lose downforce and traction and you can see it in the final times.”

- Speaking about laptimes, why is Kimi still so far away from the top at the end of the race?
“ Today rallies are very fast, we can’t forget it. And he has improved a lot. It’s all about experience. In Portugal he was at 1.5-1.7 sec/km, in Turkey, where he felt better, the gap was less than 1 sec/km.”

- Is he an istinctive or a calculating driver?
“Both. Like all the good drivers. Today Kimi is aware of his level, he knows what it is. He has understood he has to improve and he’ll improve on the way. He has to know everything, make more experience. He just lacks of that. He has the skills to go fast but he lacks of experience and so he takes risks that he doesn’t even know he’s taking. Speaking about one who exaggerates, in France we say: “he goes faster than music”. And that’s what Kimi did, for example, in Mexico.”

- Does he feel the changes of the car?
“Yes. But he’s never sure if he’s going in the right direction.”

- What kind of results can we expect from now to the end of the year?
“It’s difficult to say. All the rallies are new for him, Finland apart, where anyway he raced with a Super200 and not with a WRC. Japan and Wales are both two difficult races for one who has never raced there. We’ll see. I’m looking forward to see what will happen on the tarmac in Bulgaria, specially after the second place he got at the Lanterna Rally.

- What do you like most in Kimi?
“His sobriety”.

And he maliciously smiles, Nogier, while he’s saying it...

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 Jun 2010, 19:57

Thank you Momo :hug:

'Kimi goes faster than music' - that's my new slogan :lol:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 23 Jun 2010, 19:58

thanks momo :hug:
His sobriety
What way ? :lol:

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 23 Jun 2010, 20:01

Almost makes me think he wasted a year. Should have got a jump on S2000. Another great article though. You are all great!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 Jun 2010, 20:02

rko281 wrote:
The decision probably will be made June-July, but I doubt that the official statement will come earlier than Autumn.

P.S.Imagine if he decides to go back to F1 (which I don't believe :O ), do you think it's fair to announce during the F1 season considering that he might replace someone?
This is our chance to experience what the Alonso-fans went through during the last two years :lol:

No offense to them, it must have been a real rollercoaster with the consistant 'Alonso to Ferrari' -rumours :(

So here is my prediction (just for fun): Red Bull will announce in Helsinki Motorsport that Kimi will drive alongside Vettel next season :shhh: