Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by apple » 20 May 2010, 12:54

Wolfie wrote:
Kinga wrote:
Kriss wrote:I'm just wondering IF (huge if) Kimi has any kind of pre-contract or agreement with RBR
I dunno why I just feel that there IS a pre-contract or agreement... I could be very very wrong though. LOL
Kinga, Leo Turrini wrote right after it was public that Kimi goes to WRC that he has a contract with Red Bull for several years and will be in Red Bull in 2011.

Of course things might not be that way but Leo sounded really sure about it.

What an agony this season will offer again. We knew nothing last year either :<>:
I remember even Heikki Kulta seems to think Kimi has a contract with Red Bull for more than one year and its Kimis choise which it is, rally or F1.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 20 May 2010, 13:50

Hmmz well I have no hope for a kimi return anymore...the signs for RB re-signing Webbo are too strong. :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 20 May 2010, 14:01

Not me claudie.. i still believe that he will return :n :n :zz: :zz:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 20 May 2010, 14:02

Vida wrote:Not me claudie.. i still believe that he will return :n :n :zz: :zz:
you know that I hope you´re right! :lol:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 20 May 2010, 14:02

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Hmmz well I have no hope for a kimi return anymore...the signs for RB re-signing Webbo are too strong. :)
Let's wait 2 or 3 races and we'll see. :) Maybe they'll sign Webber but not becuase of these 2 races. I agree with Dheeban, the overall performance of Webber (not just this year but the previous ones too) can't be that convincing but let's wait and see. :) I bet they ask Kimi first, he's a far better choice and I'm not saying this just because I'm a Kimi fan and I want Kimi in RB.

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 20 May 2010, 14:09

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
you know that I hope you´re right! :lol:
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: dear God.. please let me be right..... :pray: :pray: :pray:

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 20 May 2010, 14:39

Vettel to get new chassis for Turkey

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, May 20th 2010, 13:05 GMT

Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, Monaco GPSebastian Vettel is to be given a new chassis for the Turkish Grand Prix after his Red Bull Racing team discovered a fault on the car he had used in Monaco.

The German has been beaten by team-mate Mark Webber in the last two races, and in Monaco he had no response for his team-mate's pace throughout the weekend.

After the cars returned to the Red Bull Racing factory earlier this week, the team conducted a detailed investigation into the car Vettel has used all season (chassis number 3), and discovered a fault - although it has not specified exactly what it is.

With the outfit determined to give both its drivers an equal chance of battling for the championship, however, it has decided to give Vettel a replacement chassis for the next race of the season in Istanbul.

When asked by AUTOSPORT to clarify the chassis situation, team principal Christian Horner said: "Sebastian Vettel experienced some handling peculiarities with his current chassis during the Monaco GP. Upon further investigation a small defect was found on his chassis, which will be replaced for the next race in Turkey."

Webber used chassis number 2 for the season opener in Bahrain, but switched to chassis 4 after that.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83744

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 20 May 2010, 17:02

Kinga wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Hmmz well I have no hope for a kimi return anymore...the signs for RB re-signing Webbo are too strong. :)
Let's wait 2 or 3 races and we'll see. :) Maybe they'll sign Webber but not becuase of these 2 races. I agree with Dheeban, the overall performance of Webber (not just this year but the previous ones too) can't be that convincing but let's wait and see. :) I bet they ask Kimi first, he's a far better choice and I'm not saying this just because I'm a Kimi fan and I want Kimi in RB.
Last year showed us that everything is possible and we knew only afterwards that Alonso had been signed in 2008 to Ferrari at the earliest. Some even say it was in 2007.

Dieter is in the same position as LdM is and they say that he alone makes the decisions and that he has a long-term plan for the future.

Therefore we don't know if Webbo is included in that plan or not, we don't know if Kimi is included in it either but it is strange that Red Bull decided to finance Kimi's year in WRC by leasing him a seat from Citroen if they wouldn't have something bigger in mind.

We are going to go happily insane this season :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 20 May 2010, 17:04

Kimi will be in the WRC next season. There is no way back in F1 for 2011, maybe 2012. He only wants to go to a winning team and at the moment only three teams have shown they can give him that sort of car. McLaren have JB & LH tied in until 2012 and Raikkonen won't go back to Ferrari. RBR would be crazy to let Vettel & Webber go.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 20 May 2010, 17:04

Momo, thanks for the article :hug:

So is it the car, Webbo's newfound skills, data that is not shared or what ''hmm''

Red Bull is becoming as mysterious as Ferrari...

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 20 May 2010, 17:05

phil1993 wrote:Kimi will be in the WRC next season. There is no way back in F1 for 2011, maybe 2012. He only wants to go to a winning team and at the moment only three teams have shown they can give him that sort of car. McLaren have JB & LH tied in until 2012 and Raikkonen won't go back to Ferrari. RBR would be crazy to let Vettel & Webber go.
Oh God, the absolutely worst nightmare would be Kimi in Ferrari :fear:

But there's always Lotus, Virgin and Hispania :lol:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 20 May 2010, 17:07

He can be #2 to Chandhok :p

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 20 May 2010, 17:19

phil1993 wrote:He can be #2 to Chandhok :p
True phil :shhh:

After that he can work himself up to be #2 to either Rubens or Hulkenberg - one step at the time :n

Later he might, emphasis on the word 'might', earn status #1 after being #2 to Kovalainen for let's say.... 10 years :cool:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 20 May 2010, 17:49

Wolfie wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Kimi will be in the WRC next season. There is no way back in F1 for 2011, maybe 2012. He only wants to go to a winning team and at the moment only three teams have shown they can give him that sort of car. McLaren have JB & LH tied in until 2012 and Raikkonen won't go back to Ferrari. RBR would be crazy to let Vettel & Webber go.
Oh God, the absolutely worst nightmare would be Kimi in Ferrari :fear:

But there's always Lotus, Virgin and Hispania :lol:
Totally nightmare for sure Nikki!!!! :confused:

The comment about: there is always Lotus, Virgin and Hispania was great!!! :lol:

Regarding Kimi's future... my mind and heart are really confused at the moment. :confused: When I see Red Bull's car and what they are doing in the championship I dream with Kimi in this car winning and fighting again for a title, although we can't be sure if in 2011 the team will be as competitive as they are now. But at the same time seeing him so happy and free in the WRC makes me feel sure he's where he belongs. That's why I am confused!!! :confused:

My heart says I want him back in a F1 car but if he stays in the WRC I will be happy for him also!!! I will accept what he think is better for him. That's for sure!!! :shhh: He deserves to be happy and I know he will find his way to this and I will supporting him no matter what!!! :) As I know you will do also!!!
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 20 May 2010, 18:15

^^^Ludy, that was a heart-warming post. I feel the same 1000%!!! :hug:

phil1993 wrote:RBR would be crazy to let Vettel & Webber go.
Why? :) Nothing is impossible in F1, after last year I can imagine everything! :80:

Then what about this thought? It can be true too:
Wolfie wrote:...but it is strange that Red Bull decided to finance Kimi's year in WRC by leasing him a seat from Citroen if they wouldn't have something bigger in mind.