Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Loiste » 17 May 2010, 13:00

saif wrote:Tweet from byronf1

Mark Webber's manager Flavio Briatore and Red Bull boss Christian Horner had dinner in Monaco and nailed down Webbo's new contract I'm told
I've read that Mark decline Flav to be his manager after Singapore 08

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 17 May 2010, 13:23

Kinga wrote:
Kriss wrote:the only thing I'm really happy about that I don't have to worry alone (like last year) and I'm very grateful for that for all of you :hug: :hug:
Off-Topic: show
egy csónakban evezünk... engem mondjuk nem nagyon vígasztal... de ez van, ezt kell szeretni
Off-Topic: show
azért egy kicsit jobb, ha több helyről, több információnk van

SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SilentKiller » 17 May 2010, 13:30

Loiste wrote:

Mark Webber's manager Flavio Briatore and Red Bull boss Christian Horner had dinner in Monaco and nailed down Webbo's new contract I'm told
After Singapore 08 race fixing revelations last year all drivers with Flavio as manager had to drop him or face suspension of superlicense. Mark is manager-less right now just like Vettel or Hamilton. So the above news could very well be BS.

Pyper
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Pyper » 17 May 2010, 13:31

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... ebber.html

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article. ... 8462&FS=F1

Some contradictory statements - although it's probably all down to interpretation. The top one infers there is no rush to sign Webber up - whilst the second story quotes Helmut Marko as saying they want to keep both drivers.

I am more inclined to believe the second story - and because this story has gathered so much pace so quickly I do believe Webber is about to re-sign for RedBull.

I would just like to know sooner rather than later - perhaps Kimi might be a bit more open in Rally Portugal...... then again knowing him...... :lol:

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 17 May 2010, 14:50

SilentKiller wrote:
Loiste wrote:

After Singapore 08 race fixing revelations last year all drivers with Flavio as manager had to drop him or face suspension of superlicense. Mark is manager-less right now just like Vettel or Hamilton. So the above news could very well be BS.
Does the restriction on drivers having Flavio as a manager still stand even though the ban was overturned?

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 17 May 2010, 14:54

realms wrote:All I want to say ... Never lose hope ... Don't ever give up .
The truth might take a while to sink in but it will eventually.( so there is no need to worry about things in advance :) )

Ok just to be positive ... When did kimi sign his 2007 Ferrari contract ? Before 2006 season ?
am sure robertsons would hav done some sorta watertight contract somewhere to secure his future :)
+1 i still has hope that he will return to F1

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 17 May 2010, 15:06

I just hope he will drive something (beside us crazy) and won't disappear :pray:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 17 May 2010, 15:10

that's our boy alrite... keep driving us crazy... :lol: :lol:

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 17 May 2010, 15:19

Sorry if this has been posted before:

'RED BULL IN NO HURRY TO RE-SIGN WEBBER'

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner insists he is in no rush to sign Mark Webber to a new contract, despite suggestions over the weekend a new deal had been agreed.

Webber's management team were seen entering into discussions with Horner ahead of the 33-year-old Australian's Monaco Grand Prix triumph, which propelled him to the top of the Drivers' Championship standings, and later emerging with beaming smiles.

But Horner maintains Webber's future has yet to be discussed, although if that is the case, he has certainly done himself the power of good with his back-to-back wins over the past two weekends.

"The team and Mark are very relaxed about the situation," said Horner.

"He is an important member of the team and he is driving fantastically well at the moment. He enjoys driving here, and we enjoy having him.

"But we have not spoken and have no real interest in speaking with any of our drivers, so when the time gets to it, we will sit down and look at the paperwork."

Horner acknowledged Webber is in the form of his career, underlined by the fact he has won in Spain and Monaco from pole to flag, a total of 144 consecutive laps in the lead.

"I said to Ann (Neal), his partner, 'I don't know what you have been giving Mark for breakfast, but please keep giving it to him'," joked Horner.

"His form has been exemplary in the last 10 days, and at two very different tracks. You can tell he is completely at one with his car and his confidence is high."

Although Webber and Vettel are tied on 78 points at the top of the Championship - the former ahead on countback by two victories to one over the latter - and Red Bull now lead the Constructors' title race, Horner is fully expecting a backlash from their rivals.

"It's very early in the Championship, and it's foolish to underestimate your opposition, especially quality teams like Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes," said Horner.

"They are teams with great pedigrees, and there is still a long way to go."

Horner is also expecting it to be a nip-and-tuck battle between his two drivers, with no advantage given to one over the other at any stage.

"The best situation is to have both the drivers at the front of the field," added Horner.

"We treat them fairly, with the priority to beat everybody else, although I am sure between the two of them we will see the ebb and flow from now until the end of the season."

http://www.planetf1.com/news/18227/6159 ... gn-Webber-

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 17 May 2010, 15:58

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Kinga: No I don´t just say that to calm myself down.

You know that following his rallys gives me the same feeling as following his doings at F1...i am a nervous wrack. :lol: the only thing which makes me mad about rally is this crappy coverage :roll::

About Kimi´s chances...he will fight for podiums one day! Not this year that´s for sure but maybe already next year. I looked at some times Ogier did last year. And he was way behind Loeb as well...and look where he is now! This doesn´t mean that Kimi has to develope the same way Sebbie O. did but it´s possible. And Kimi still has soo much room to improve. At some stages he already did some great times although not pushing to the limit (as he himself said)...and he isn´t 100% happy with the car and his driving style yet and still can imrpove his pacenotes. There is still soo much to come. Maybe he won´t become WRC champion but who says that he will get the F1 trophy again?

And who says that he will fight for podiums at F1? Who says that we don´t have to go through the same BS as in 2008 (after the spain gp) and the first half of last year?? who says that he won´t get beaten by Sebbie??
TBH the last 2 years of F1 haven´t been that joyful anymore for me...no matter what he did he was bashed heavily. At Rally he can live in peace.

Of course I´d have prefered him to go to RB!! But that chance is gone now...I just hope that it was really his decision and he was not forced into it.

it´s not that he got many wins and podiums the last few years at F1.
:thumbsup:

Yesterday's race also reminded me of how dull as dishwater F1 can be...

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 17 May 2010, 22:17

Perhaps I think in a blinded way, but ok so is Webber so much better than Kimi?
Ok, he did a few good races...in the ten best days of his career, but is it enough?
How many good races has Raikkonen done?
I just don't understand RB if they themselves choose W over R....
It's a different story if KR decides to continue in rally....

bourbon
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by bourbon » 18 May 2010, 00:27

Contracts, options, longstanding goals...you just never know.
Every mile I have with the Citroen C4 WRC is giving a certain pleasure - Kimi Raikkonen
My ideal is to win the race at the slowest speed possible - Alain Prost
You should just stick with those people who are really there for you - Sebastian Vettel

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 18 May 2010, 03:55

Horner does not decide driver decisions in Red Bull. Helmut Marko does, and he advises Mateschitz, and a decision is taken together with Horner. If Red Bull is anywhere as intelligent as I think, they would not decide on a driver line-up just based on two races. Webber was pretty much absent for much of the middle-half last year. Hungary, Valencia, Spa, anyone? So, don't work yourself up too much because of 2 good races from Webber. After 4 races, Webber was trailing Vettel 28-45, and his performance was mocked even more than that of Massa.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 18 May 2010, 04:23

Loiste wrote:

On paper yes. Actually Briatore admitted since then that he still manages Alonso, who's on paper also managed by somebody else
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 18 May 2010, 04:35

Acropolis wrote:Perhaps I think in a blinded way, but ok so is Webber so much better than Kimi?
Ok, he did a few good races...in the ten best days of his career, but is it enough?
How many good races has Raikkonen done?
I just don't understand RB if they themselves choose W over R....
It's a different story if KR decides to continue in rally....
It's not about who's better. If a glove fits there's no point to risk to throw away even if you hope that the other one is better.
If they should simply choose between Kimi and Webber, I'm sure 8 out of ten team manager would take Kimi. To change an already winning team is a different matter. Not impossible, but less likely
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"