Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Vida » 26 Nov 2010, 08:15

SpaMaster wrote:"If the right offer comes through in F1.."?? Why not rule out F1 for next year? Wait, the Robertsons did rule out F1 for next year. But they are still ready to listen to right offers? I have no idea what they are up to.
Kimi to F1..... :lol: :lol:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 26 Nov 2010, 09:50

Robertson's interviews have become so monotonous that even boredom would be an understatement. Dragging the same non sense for too long.

I like him a(them) lot but they need to understand and be more creative in putting the smoke screen which they want us to believe
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 26 Nov 2010, 09:57

brendakarli wrote:I am quite miffed with the "no contact with F1 but we keep the door open" nonsense now. The fact is he is in contact with one team, RB. They have offered him a seat this year and I am sure DM still kept the door open for him to come back next year, so he continues to give kimi a personal sposnorship.

I think Kimi himself is contemplating how bad it would look to swoop in on webber's seat bcos of what happened to himself at ferrari, that may be why he said "no contact but if an available but decent seat came along, then he may consider" ...I dunno, and I wonder why vettel had to do two days of testing and mark didn't even do one?

Also, Kimi seems to be hinting that he hasn't got any big enough sponsorships in rally, hence the lack of a firm contract. And maybe selling the F3 stake can fund his adventure one more year while waiting for webber to retire. but by then, the tires will be new to him and having been out of F1 for 2 years would spark the 'he shouldn;t have come back like schummy' talk again if he can't learn up his f1 tricks quick enough. urgh, this man is driving me nuts!
what would that right offer be? a contract were Kimi only has to drive and nothing else and can do rallies too? that will not happen. to me it seems Robertson doesn't want to close the door but anyway Kimi already did. he said he didn't think about it, doesn't miss F1 and wants to keep on rallying. what more does he have to say?

about the test.. it was not that important, for McLaren neither Hamilton nor Button were testing. Seb wanted to do it, Mark wanted to go home and I think he had a surgery on his leg.

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 26 Nov 2010, 10:11

Kimi doesn't want to go back to F1.
His manager just like some of us (his fans) is hoping against hope he he may return. :lol:
Wake up Robertson! Wake up icemaid! :blush:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 26 Nov 2010, 10:13

miezicat wrote:
brendakarli wrote:I am quite miffed with the "no contact with F1 but we keep the door open" nonsense now. The fact is he is in contact with one team, RB. They have offered him a seat this year and I am sure DM still kept the door open for him to come back next year, so he continues to give kimi a personal sposnorship.

I think Kimi himself is contemplating how bad it would look to swoop in on webber's seat bcos of what happened to himself at ferrari, that may be why he said "no contact but if an available but decent seat came along, then he may consider" ...I dunno, and I wonder why vettel had to do two days of testing and mark didn't even do one?

Also, Kimi seems to be hinting that he hasn't got any big enough sponsorships in rally, hence the lack of a firm contract. And maybe selling the F3 stake can fund his adventure one more year while waiting for webber to retire. but by then, the tires will be new to him and having been out of F1 for 2 years would spark the 'he shouldn;t have come back like schummy' talk again if he can't learn up his f1 tricks quick enough. urgh, this man is driving me nuts!
what would that right offer be? a contract were Kimi only has to drive and nothing else and can do rallies too? that will not happen. to me it seems Robertson doesn't want to close the door but anyway Kimi already did. he said he didn't think about it, doesn't miss F1 and wants to keep on rallying. what more does he have to say?
I agree with you and with Lui!

Kimi already said that he didn´t miss F1 at all this year! And he also said that he won´t be in F1 next year (at this one column). So why can´t Steve close this chapter :roll:: . At least doesn´t give his fans (who want him back at F1) false hopes.
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 26 Nov 2010, 13:28

This is almost like 2009 all over again, I'm already starting to have speculation fatigue much earlier this time. So Kimi........ whether it's NASCAR, DTM, Le Mans or babies, just make the announcement and get it over and done with, mmmkay?

Not sure whether I should post this here but Klein had a small mention of Kimi in his interview and the point of the article is that since there are so many pay drivers coming in F1, it makes it a lot harder for non-pay drivers to get seats.
European drivers struggling for F1 seats - Klien

F1's globalisation has made it harder for drivers from the sport's traditional markets to find places on the grid.

That is the claim of Austrian Christian Klien, who raced a few times with the struggling new team HRT in 2010 and is hoping for a full season next year.

But with pay-drivers now wielding more power than in the recent past, Klien admitted the task is tough.

"Nico Hulkenberg's case shows that there are no guarantees," he is quoted by Vorarlberg Online.

"He had a great debut year with a pole position in Brazil, and he's out," said Klien.

"In my own case, I have some options," he revealed.

"The most obvious one of course is HRT, who are on the verge of establishing themselves as a serious competitor, even if there are some setbacks from time to time.

"In February there was not much of a team and I would not have believed I would contest three grands prix this year. And there's still some time until March (2011)," added Klien.

He thinks part of his difficulty in establishing a strong full-time return to F1 is geographic.

"It is pretty hard when you are from central Europe," said Klien, 27.

"F1 has internationalised very quickly and previously as a Briton, an Italian, a Frenchman, you had a good chance," said the Austrian.

"Today there are more cockpits from before, but the driver market is being fed from many more countries; Russia, India, the southeast Asian region, and now probably Korea and China.

"And if you're the eighth German, then it is very difficult. Look at France and Italy -- 20 years ago there were ten of each. And today?"

The other problem is the economic climate, and the power wielded by drivers who carry substantial commercial backing.

"Even a big name like Kimi Raikkonen in the world rally championship is relying on sponsors to get his cockpit," said Klien.

"And in F1 the teams are under enormous cost pressure," he added.
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=395588

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 26 Nov 2010, 14:00

"Even a big name like Kimi Raikkonen in the world rally championship is relying on sponsors to get his cockpit," said Klien.
Well, that's not a surprise for me. He wouldn't rely on sponsors in F1 but in rally I think it's quite normal that he has to pay for a seat in a top WRC car. He doesn't have the result to get a cockpit for free. He jumped in a top car as a rookie of course someone has to pay for it :huh:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 26 Nov 2010, 14:30

Kriss wrote:
Well, that's not a surprise for me. He wouldn't rely on sponsors in F1 but in rally I think it's quite normal that he has to pay for a seat in a top WRC car. He doesn't have the result to get a cockpit for free. He jumped in a top car as a rookie of course someone has to pay for it :huh:
I think Klien is soothing himself for probably not finding sponsors for his own race seat. Kimi Raikkonen is just the medium used by klien to make him self and his talent be appreciated amongst the pay drivers who are vying for the same seat.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 26 Nov 2010, 17:26

icemaid wrote:Kimi doesn't want to go back to F1.
His manager just like some of us (his fans) is hoping against hope he he may return. :lol:
Wake up Robertson! Wake up icemaid! :blush:
icemaid,

u forgot to scream at me to wake up too
The JINX

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 26 Nov 2010, 18:13

It is clear that Kimi has said 'no' to F1 for all practical purposes. I was just wondering why the Robertsons are going back and forth on their statements. Few weeks earlier they issued a press release saying that Kimi won't be coming to F1 next year. Now they say "If the right offer comes along". May be they are saying the latter as the usual blah, blah, but they seem to have forgotten ruling out F1 earlier. :p
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 26 Nov 2010, 18:14

luieluv wrote:
Kriss wrote:
I think Klien is soothing himself for probably not finding sponsors for his own race seat. Kimi Raikkonen is just the medium used by klien to make him self and his talent be appreciated amongst the pay drivers who are vying for the same seat.
Hit the nail right on head. He shouldn't even be comparing himself to Hulkenberg, let alone Kimi.

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 26 Nov 2010, 19:13

SpaMaster wrote:It is clear that Kimi has said 'no' to F1 for all practical purposes. I was just wondering why the Robertsons are going back and forth on their statements. Few weeks earlier they issued a press release saying that Kimi won't be coming to F1 next year. Now they say "If the right offer comes along". May be they are saying the latter as the usual blah, blah, but they seem to have forgotten ruling out F1 earlier. :p
As managers they have to keep the door open. It's in their interests to not shut such a big possible meal ticket. They are just doing their due dillegence here.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 26 Nov 2010, 20:51

SpaMaster wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Hit the nail right on head. He shouldn't even be comparing himself to Hulkenberg, let alone Kimi.
is he comparing himself? he just says how it is. and I don't know if they are still but when Klien was driving in F1 regularly they were friends so that's probably why he mentioned Kimi.

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 27 Nov 2010, 00:59

redstorm wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:It is clear that Kimi has said 'no' to F1 for all practical purposes. I was just wondering why the Robertsons are going back and forth on their statements. Few weeks earlier they issued a press release saying that Kimi won't be coming to F1 next year. Now they say "If the right offer comes along". May be they are saying the latter as the usual blah, blah, but they seem to have forgotten ruling out F1 earlier. :p
As managers they have to keep the door open. It's in their interests to not shut such a big possible meal ticket. They are just doing their due dillegence here.
Yeah, but they already pretty much shut the door on F1 for next year by their earlier press release.

Verena: He may not be directly comparing. But he says European drivers don't get a chance because drivers from other parts of the world come with big companies' financial backing. Kimi's case is very different. It is not the pay drivers or big companies that are the reason why Klien has been out of picture. I just don't think his case is similar to that of Hulkenberg, let alone Kimi. So his references alongside his situation is misleading.

kimifan
car driver
car driver

Post by kimifan » 27 Nov 2010, 18:02

We have a lot of demand but we would prefer to have the drivers with the budget who are also very fast,” said Quesnel. “We would be very pleased with Kimi and Petter and I think they would have the priority but in the end we will see. Last year, at this time, we didn’t have any customer so I am not worried. We will just have to wait but I am sure we will have two cars in the second team, even though it is quite complicated.
http://www.wrc.com/news/four-citroen-ds ... ?fid=13967