Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Dracaena » 19 Nov 2010, 19:35

Off-Topic: show
Moominpappa wrote:Btw. my two years old girl said today: dad, you are old! :lol:
Whaaat?!? You're only what, 17x older than her. Cheeky child!

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 20 Nov 2010, 12:22

Put the whole article in the rallymonster thread (its very good) but for those who still pinning hopes he will go back to F1... this is what the man himself says about it:
Did you ever think about going back to Formula One next year?
Of course I thought about it, because you think about everything. But I never really thought seriously about it, because actually I didn’t miss Formula One at all this season. Before the start of this year I thought it would be interesting to see if I missed it at all and in fact I didn’t.

and about his next year:
So does that mean that you are staying in rallying next year?
It means that I’d like to. But for the moment we haven’t got a deal sorted.
http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_ ... fmodpos=A2

so its going to take some time still, hopefully we know before christmas... from the quesnel comment in autosport it sounded thay have the CJT contracts quite opend (yeah, im still putting my bets in that pot :lol: )... so we just have to wait a couple of weeks more....

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 20 Nov 2010, 12:40

Vauhdin Maailma November, paper edition

Räikkönen will found a team in Motocross WC-serie

Kimi Räikkönen who has gone through a hard school this season in WRC-serie doesn't fear new challenges. According to very reliable sources Vauhdin Maailma has got Räikkönen is founding a Finnish team to motocross WC-serie 2011.

The project is called "Team Räikkönen" and it has been prepared behind the scenes for a longer time. The goal is to have two Finnish drivers out of which one would be in the toughest MX1-serie and the other one in MX2-serie.

Räikkönen's motocross team will compete with KTM-bikes. Very respectable and skillfull persons are involved in the team's operative activity, for example 7-time world champion Kari Tiainen.

Räikkönen himself has been asking the promising super talent Harri Kullas as a driver to his team but the 18-year old biker already has a signed contract for next season with another team so the cooperation will not come true. At the moment on top of Räikkönen's list is Toni Eriksson, a recent MX1-serie's national champion who won on the side the MX3-serie's WC-start and also Ludde Söderberg who got a trophy from MX2-serie's national serie and who won a race in Europe's start. Also Antti Pyrhönen has been included and the young promise Juuso Matikainen hasn't either been excluded from the game.

Kimi Räikkönen is not going to compete in the serie himself although he is known as an enthusiastic hobby-motocrossbiker. In the background he has an unselfish will to help Finns rise to the top again in one of our most traditional successful sports. It has been too long since for example Heikki Mikkola, Pekka Vehkonen or Miska Aaltonen held up Finland's flag in international cross-arenas.

Motorsport Federation's CEO Kurt Ljungqvist confirmed to Vauhdin Maailma that the rumours about Team Räikkönen's plans for the motocross WC-serie are true.

- I have helped so much in this matter that I asked the International Motorsport Federation if there would be a place for a new team like this immediately. The reply was quick and straightforward; no problems, it can be arranged, Ljungqvist tells.

- We are talking about a very serious project. Why wouldn't it come true? Especially when thinking about how tough professionals are involved in this starting from Kari Tiainen.

The funding won't be a problem since they have Räikkönen's fortune over tens of millions. It's also clear that the F1-champion's name will significantly help in getting sponsors for the team and the drivers. According to Ljungqvist it costs about 500.000 euros per season to run a team with two bikes in motocross.

- It's the input for the first year when nothing isn't ready yet and they have to get everything starting from bikes to garage-tents. After that it's much more cheaper to run a top team.

Vauhdin Maailma didn't get hold of Kimi Räikkönen for his comment on the matter.

Olli Koivusalo
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

YiNing
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by YiNing » 20 Nov 2010, 12:40

At he end of the Autosport magazine article "Citroen eyes Solber, Raikkonen"
"Raikkonen remained guarded about 2011, saying "The WRC is my favoured options, but nothing is decided. We have another option, but I would like to stay here and build on what we have learned"
Does "here" mean Citreon or WRC?

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 20 Nov 2010, 12:52

This actually worries me quite a bit :fear: because it sounds like he has been negotiating for weeks and still no deal. I'm having flashbacks of McLaren negotiations last year where they were negotiating for weeks and it never worked out because both parties couldn't agree. And if Petter Solberg is having trouble finding funding, Kimi might be in the same boat. :(

YiNing wrote:At he end of the Autosport magazine article "Citroen eyes Solber, Raikkonen"
"Raikkonen remained guarded about 2011, saying "The WRC is my favoured options, but nothing is decided. We have another option, but I would like to stay here and build on what we have learned"
I took it to mean WRC....but then again I always have problems with reading comprehension :lol:. Not sure what his other option is since he has already ruled out F1, I just hope it's not the R-word (people always think I'm crazy when I bring up the R-word :confused: )

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 20 Nov 2010, 12:52

YiNing wrote:At he end of the Autosport magazine article "Citroen eyes Solber, Raikkonen"

both i guess... he has stated a couple of times (in different worlds) before that if its possible he would like to stay put with the the junior team and citroen , he likes the team, the persons... but i guess it depends on sponsors and the citroen offer... I mean if the RB sponsorship doesnt go through and he would get monster sponsorship he would end up changing to ford.... and in negotiations you just dont say its this or nothing... when you dont know what the real options are going to be in the end.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 20 Nov 2010, 12:54

sleenster wrote:
This actually worries me quite a bit :fear: because it sounds like he has been negotiating for weeks and still no deal. I'm having flashbacks of McLaren negotiations last year where they were negotiating for weeks and it never worked out because both parties couldn't agree. And if Petter Solberg is having trouble finding funding, Kimi might be in the same boat. :(

oh, sleenster you worrie too much, he will find a solution that he is satisfied with :hug: (OK, it doesnt mean everybody here is going to be happy with his solution :lol: )

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 20 Nov 2010, 13:31

anyone notice he never said what the second option is? these journalists r so dumb they dun ask him :<>:
The JINX

YiNing
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by YiNing » 20 Nov 2010, 14:08

I kind of feel that the other option maybe not WRC :blink: because he said he want to "stay here and build on what we have learned"...

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 20 Nov 2010, 14:16

YiNing wrote:I kind of feel that the other option maybe not WRC :blink: because he said he want to "stay here and build on what we have learned"...
He already ruled out F1 and he ruled out skiing, what other options could there be? :fear:

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 20 Nov 2010, 14:24

YiNing wrote:I kind of feel that the other option maybe not WRC :blink: because he said he want to "stay here and build on what we have learned"...
that's how I understand it too. one option wrc, other option something else (not retirement). could be Le Mans maybe? :confused:

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 20 Nov 2010, 14:28

miezicat wrote:
that's how I understand it too. one option wrc, other option something else (not retirement). could be Le Mans maybe? :confused:
Or maybe full time managing his motorcross team :huh:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 20 Nov 2010, 14:32

Although if he did go to Le Mans we would get better TV coverage so at least we won't have to complain about that aspect anymore :lol:

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 20 Nov 2010, 14:37

What's this Le Mans all about??? :blush:
Another new sport to learn...being kimi fan is tough work. :lol:
Just when I learn a little bit about WRC this year then... :zz:

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver