Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by spinster » 13 Oct 2010, 22:08

Guys, don't get me wrong...

I'm not saying that I'm happy about Alonso, I really don't like the guy and I really don't like ferrari either (I never did) but I'm just telling that in some special surcomstances strange things can happen and for sure when it's all about money...

No I would have loved to readed his contract...I'm just guessing because making contracts in F1 takes a lot more time than for instance our contract for working :n
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 13 Oct 2010, 22:29

spinster wrote:Guys, don't get me wrong...

I'm not saying that I'm happy about Alonso, I really don't like the guy and I really don't like ferrari either (I never did) but I'm just telling that in some special surcomstances strange things can happen and for sure when it's all about money...

No I would have loved to readed his contract...I'm just guessing because making contracts in F1 takes a lot more time than for instance our contract for working :n
And there is a huge difference between the situation in 2009 and the situation in 2010. Kimi did nothing wrong. Yet he was forced out.

Webber on the other hand has heavily critisised his team in public, adding fuel into the anti-RBR and not behaved in a professional way.

So it is not the same thing. There has not been any smearing campaign from RBR to Webber and his driving abilities or personality has never been questioned.

I'm not sure at all what they think in RBR. But they wouldn't push Mark out for Kimi's sake.

Why don't you all try for yourself and start bashing your employer in public and see what the outcome is :p
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 13 Oct 2010, 22:47

Wolfie wrote:

And there is a huge difference between the situation in 2009 and the situation in 2010. Kimi did nothing wrong. Yet he was forced out.

Webber on the other hand has heavily critisised his team in public, adding fuel into the anti-RBR and not behaved in a professional way.

So it is not the same thing. There has not been any smearing campaign from RBR to Webber and his driving abilities or personality has never been questioned.

I'm not sure at all what they think in RBR. But they wouldn't push Mark out for Kimi's sake.

Why don't you all try for yourself and start bashing your employer in public and see what the outcome is :p
Obviously Webber fans and Vettel fans see the same situation differently. Just like how Kimi fans and Alonso fans see the same situation differently. Kimi fans feel angry towards Alonso for pushing Kimi out without reason, but Alonso fans will say that Kimi deserved it because he was unmotivated and lazy.

So you might say that Webber is bashing his employer in public, but Webber fans might say that he was just speaking out about being treated unfairly.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 13 Oct 2010, 23:14

I'm going to leave it here, Sleenster. Bedtime :lol:

Of course fans see it differently. But when remembering Heikki Kulta's interview how he said something about when being paid millions you don't act in a bad way towards your employer - something along those lines - and he wasn't referring to anyone, only talking in general.

One could also say hear that Kimi didn't speak out and he was treated unfairly.

But it's something that Red Bull's management will decide and if they are okay with it then it's completely okay for me. I have no problems with Kimi in WRC, I would still prefer it, but it's getting harder and harder to see. For some reason?

Peace Sleenster :hug:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 13 Oct 2010, 23:17

Wolfie wrote:I'm going to leave it here, Sleenster. Bedtime :lol:

Of course fans see it differently. But when remembering Heikki Kulta's interview how he said something about when being paid millions you don't act in a bad way towards your employer - something along those lines - and he wasn't referring to anyone, only talking in general.

One could also say hear that Kimi didn't speak out and he was treated unfairly.

But it's something that Red Bull's management will decide and if they are okay with it then it's completely okay for me. I have no problems with Kimi in WRC, I would still prefer it, but it's getting harder and harder to see. For some reason?

Peace Sleenster :hug:
Peace Wolfie :hug:
We're been through a lot of emotional turmoil today :confused:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 13 Oct 2010, 23:18

It's great when we get emotional though - sparks fly and me like it :lol:

Good to have peace, Sleenster so we don't forget our friendship in the process :)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 13 Oct 2010, 23:20

Wolfie wrote:It's great when we get emotional though - sparks fly and me like it :lol:

Good to have peace, Sleenster so we don't forget our friendship in the process :)
Agreed :hug:

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 14 Oct 2010, 01:52

sleenster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Obviously Webber fans and Vettel fans see the same situation differently. Just like how Kimi fans and Alonso fans see the same situation differently. Kimi fans feel angry towards Alonso for pushing Kimi out without reason, but Alonso fans will say that Kimi deserved it because he was unmotivated and lazy.

So you might say that Webber is bashing his employer in public, but Webber fans might say that he was just speaking out about being treated unfairly.
Notions of fairness have little bearing in the business world, for that matter life in general is pretty unfair and eventhough things are unfair it doesn't mean it is not going to happen. I for one was pretty relieved that Kimi left Ferrari, he didn't fit in there and they where doing their best to push him out, it is no use to stay with a team if you dont have support. I think as fans we are entitled to feel that things are sometimes unfair, but it still wouldn't stop those things from happening, like in the case with Kimi. Besides that the whole concept of fairness in F1 is largely exaggerated or overrated, lets not forget that we are taking about multi millionaires with pretty luxurious lifestyles here. If a driver gets dismissed it is not like he would be struggling to put food on the table for his family or something. Business and fairness has never gone hand in hand and the more money there is involved the more ruthless it becomes, F1 has always been a business so the whole idea of fairness in F1 is a paradox.

But seriously you shouldn't have to worry about this topic, if there is no real chance that Kimi will actually drive for Red Bull.

bourbon
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by bourbon » 14 Oct 2010, 03:01

I don't know how anyone can say there is no "real chance" about anything at this point, lol. Kimi could drive for Macca next year for all we know. As a matter of fact, my friend is convinced he will, lol. He has a whole "storyline" to back up his theory too. I don't know about that, but I do know that you can't count anything out - not just for Kimi, but for any F1 driver.
Every mile I have with the Citroen C4 WRC is giving a certain pleasure - Kimi Raikkonen
My ideal is to win the race at the slowest speed possible - Alain Prost
You should just stick with those people who are really there for you - Sebastian Vettel

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 14 Oct 2010, 03:07

Ok so maybe I am being naive, but I am just not capable of following F1 and the driver I support in a clinical and calculating way. If fans are entitled to feel aggrieved when unfair things happen, then drivers should be entitled to those same feelings too if those unfair things actually happen to those drivers. After all, even though life is unfair, no one can tell a driver whether he has the right or not to feel the way he does.

I really would like to know how Rubens felt when he had to give up his wins for Schumacher because it made business sense. I doubt that if a driver were to even feel that he was being treated unfairly within the team, he's going to think "Oh well, at least I can feed my family so I have nothing to complain about".

bourbon
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by bourbon » 14 Oct 2010, 03:58

Drivers can feel any way they want. Just like any employee. If you have a problem with your company however, you don't go to the press and bad mouth them (see Webber) - you go to your company and work it out. If you have a problem with an employee, you don't bad mouth them in the press (see Renault) and you don't let the press bad mouth them without taking up for them (see Ferrari) - you work it out with your employee. Honor is 70% discretion in these situations - it is a very important element.

There is nothing stopping any driver or team from going to the press and loudly lamblasting the company or driver. But I can't imagine anyone feels that the company or driver should just take it and allow themselves to be publicly degraded and belittled. They put a stop to it and try to ensure it doesn't happen again. If they can't be sure of that, then the driver or company must go - that is, the driver with the bad company just quits - or the company with the bad driver fires him.
Every mile I have with the Citroen C4 WRC is giving a certain pleasure - Kimi Raikkonen
My ideal is to win the race at the slowest speed possible - Alain Prost
You should just stick with those people who are really there for you - Sebastian Vettel

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 14 Oct 2010, 04:07

F**CKING SH*T even autosport is reporting it now ::oops:;

This is from today's autosport magazine

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 14 Oct 2010, 04:13

sleenster wrote:F**CKING SH*T even autosport is reporting it now ::oops:;

s*** s*** ....
This is getting scary. I dont think kimi has to dig his own pockets to secure a drive with citroen. If he has offfer at Monster then i believe he would take it up.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 14 Oct 2010, 04:17

luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:F**CKING SH*T even autosport is reporting it now ::oops:;

s*** s*** ....
This is getting scary. I dont think kimi has to dig his own pockets to secure a drive with citroen. If he has offfer at Monster then i believe he would take it up.
that's why he will return to f1 :n

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 14 Oct 2010, 04:18

The article says that there are no viable alternatives in F1.