Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Denorth » 06 Oct 2010, 09:38

even BBC reports it now:
Kimi Raikkonen rejects claims of F1 return at Renault

Former Formula One world champion Kimi Raikkonen has angrily rejected talk he could make a return to F1 next season driving for Renualt.

The 2007 champion now drives in the world rally championship, but Renault boss Eric Boullier said Raikkonen had been in touch about coming back to F1.

But the former Ferrari driver, now 30, criticised Renault for using his name for "their own marketing purposes".

"It's 100% certain I will not drive for Renault in 2011," said Raikkonen.

"My managers have weeks ago been in contact, once, with Renault's team leader (Eric Boullier). That is all," added Raikkonen, in an interview with a Finnish newspaper.

Boullier has re-signed Robert Kubica as the team's lead driver for next season but has yet to make a decision on the future of Russian driver Vitaly Petrov.

Earlier this week Boullier said he was flattered by Raikkonen's alleged interest but would reserve judgement.

"He contacted us. But once again, our main issue at the moment is whether we should keep Petrov," said the Frenchman.

"Regarding Kimi, I would have to speak personally with him first, look him in the eyes to see if I see enough motivation there for him to return to F1.

"It doesn't make sense to hire somebody, even a former world champion, if you cannot be sure that his motivation is still 100%.

"Why should you invest in somebody who leaves you guessing?"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 065307.stm
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 06 Oct 2010, 09:42

sleenster wrote:I kind of wish Kimi's management had stopped the Kimi-Renault rumours earlier. I would have wanted them to release that statement like 2 weeks ago and put an end to Boullier's silly mooing.

Hi hiroshideath :wave:
But Sleenster, isn't it more sweet to have them go on and on and then being told off in Kimi-style :lol:

Hi again, Hiroshi :wave:

@ Boudica, from Kulta's last sentence I understood that he already has a contract that is now being polished and details sorted out. The beauty with Räikkönen-Robertson is that we never know what to expect, didn't Sammy refer to them as dynamite :lol:

So happy to read foreign sites putting things straight when it comes to Renault. They have a lot of explaining to do in the future since now it's about face-saving, not marketing :p
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 06 Oct 2010, 09:47

Wolfie wrote:
So happy to read foreign sites putting things straight when it comes to Renault. They have a lot of explaining to do in the future since now it's about face-saving, not marketing :p

we should expect a differnt story from Mr. Soup now - not 'we have F1 champion in negotiations and the seat at Renault is vaulable'. No. Today it should be:

Seasonal SALE! Only Today! Get a cheap seat at Renault! The only chance to ride F1 car! Everyone can apply! Don't forget to bring your money!
:p
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 06 Oct 2010, 09:49

Denorth wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

we should expect a differnt story from Mr. Soup now - not 'we have F1 champion in negotiations and the seat at Renault is vaulable'. No. Today it should be:

Seasonal SALE! Only Today! Get a cheap seat at Renault! The only chance to ride F1 car! Everyone can apply! Don't forget to bring your money!
:lol: :lol:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 06 Oct 2010, 09:50

Moominpappa wrote:
hiroshideath113 wrote:Hi everyone, thank you for the welcome messages for me :lol: .

A lot of web site is publishing Kimi's message to Renault.
I'm looking forward to seeing how Bouiller will react, but hope Bouiller doesn't start any unreasonable libel to Kimi...
Welcome hiroshideath!

Kimi has won this media battle against Bouiller - even will he say anything in the future or not :lol:
And he also threw a nice punch at MTV3 who yesterday already quoted that Renault is building 'Kimi's' car :p

Kimi is a man of few words, we all know that, but like someone from Ferrari said: when Kimi speaks you better listen because he has always something important to say :cool:

Personally I'm happy he sorted this out and through Turun Sanomat of all medias since Heikki Kulta is very respected and I haven't seen many ever questioning his information. It was starting to sound like they wanted to put Kimi down and pretend that Kimi isn't good enough for them :<>:

Bless Heikki Kulta :hug:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 06 Oct 2010, 09:52

Denorth wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Oi Denorth :blink:

Wonder what this does to Petrov's sponsors... guess they used up their card by now :zz:

karthik_kimi
kart driver
kart driver

Post by karthik_kimi » 06 Oct 2010, 09:54

beefree88 wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:
hiroshideath113 wrote:Hi everyone, thank you for the welcome messages for me :lol: .

A lot of web site is publishing Kimi's message to Renault.
I'm looking forward to seeing how Bouiller will react, but hope Bouiller doesn't start any unreasonable libel to Kimi...
Welcome hiroshideath!

Kimi has won this media battle against Bouiller - even will he say anything in the future or not :lol:
Well, I expect some artickles making it look like Renault decided to keep Petrov so Kimi speaks out of disappointment. Actually I already saw one :<>:
Don't give a s*** as Kimi says. Bashers will always be there. They criticize everything. There are scha bunch of ppl for everyone. For Kimi For Alonso For Schumi For Vettel etc.. Just ignore them.. For the kinda cold person Kimi is, the words he has used clearly demonstrates how annoyed he is with the bull s*** stories..

And, don't expect Renault to keep quiet. They have been in the headlines for the past few weeks and they would want that to continue. They would now come with some bull s*** about Kimi and would try to drag this issue up to remain in the headlines. Kimi must be calm, as always.. Coz its them who needs publicity and not Kimi..

Expect a decision anytime soon.. And as we expect it should obviously be with the Citroen WRC team
Last edited by karthik_kimi on 06 Oct 2010, 10:04, edited 2 times in total.

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 06 Oct 2010, 10:01

Denorth wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

:rofl: :lol:

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 06 Oct 2010, 10:03

It's great, what Kimi said!!

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 06 Oct 2010, 10:15

Wolfie wrote:
Denorth wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Oi Denorth :blink:

Wonder what this does to Petrov's sponsors... guess they used up their card by now :zz:

I don't remember if there was info on those sponsors here before:

well, we all know about Lada and Renault and russian governement (by the way I placed some figures three or four pages before)

Now about that shipyard (the latest sponsor).
Petrov senior is one of the CEO there and has good quantity of shares. At the same time the shipyard itself is not actually 'full of money' despite some good contracts for offshore.
Anyway - there is a rumor that Vyborg shipyard stickers are paid not by the Shipyard, but Petrov senior himself. To return a favor the shipyard become a guarantor on Petrov's credit he took to pay for Vitaly's place at Renault. It's business 'Russian way' :O
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 06 Oct 2010, 12:04

Julia wrote:Is it only me who actually is living with the assumption that Kimi originally was planning to retire from F1 or atleast was considering retiring from F1 after his Ferrari stint would end in 2010? So the happenings last year just made it happened one year earlier?
I have the same feeling, and I also understand that Kimi may never fight for the title in rally, but if his heart is there I'm OK with it :)

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 06 Oct 2010, 12:07

Denorth wrote:Seasonal SALE! Only Today! Get a cheap seat at Renault! The only chance to ride F1 car! Everyone can apply! Don't forget to bring your money!
Well, one of the Russian officials was already seen in Singapore, so maybe Renault has what they wanted => money for Petrov's seat in 2011

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 06 Oct 2010, 12:13

sleenster wrote:I think Citroen are happy to have Kimi driving for them IF he has Red Bull sponsorship (or some other sponsorship). However, the Red Bull sponsorship might be up in the air at this point so maybe that's why Kimi hasn't signed yet?
Just wanted to point out that Dani Sordo also hasn't a contract still... so the future of the whole Citroen Junior isn't clear.
Well, we still have time to wait ))

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 06 Oct 2010, 13:11

Thanks Denorth, much appreciated :)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 06 Oct 2010, 14:33

Lunna wrote:
sleenster wrote:I think Citroen are happy to have Kimi driving for them IF he has Red Bull sponsorship (or some other sponsorship). However, the Red Bull sponsorship might be up in the air at this point so maybe that's why Kimi hasn't signed yet?
Just wanted to point out that Dani Sordo also hasn't a contract still... so the future of the whole Citroen Junior isn't clear.
Well, we still have time to wait ))
What I heard on rally radio during Rally Japan that he had already signed, according to Becs/Colin. And I think someone here also said that Dani had already signed?

@Wolfie
I bet this won't be the last we hear of Boullier. He'll probably come out to say that this proves Kimi is too unmotivated or too chicken or too lazy to sit down face to face to talk with him. The way he has been milking the cow dry almost every single day, I feel like Boullier is not going to let Kimi have the last word.