Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by redstorm » 14 Sep 2010, 18:09

You all are funny!

Kimi is not going anywhere. Boulier is just stirring the pot by outing the Robs negotiation ploy with Citroen. They are just doing their job and working on securing Kimi's drive for 2011 in the Junior Team......

I would be very happy to see him back in F1 but I just don't see it. (Unless HE knows he can't compete with the top six as I read elsewhere that he might have stated in Japan)

(This is the ghost of Red. Be verrrrryyyyy scared!)
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 14 Sep 2010, 18:13

i am not scared red, just happy you are back
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 14 Sep 2010, 18:18

Again Kriss, it´s nothing. A gentleman from our national motorsporting organization only says that Kimi (a finn in a top drive in F1) would be a big thing for finnish motor sporting.. :)

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 14 Sep 2010, 18:18

Maria d wrote:i am not scared red, just happy you are back
Maria,he's not back, only his naughty ghost! :lol: :lol:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 14 Sep 2010, 18:19

there will be something on MTV3 at 22.25
can somebody watch it , maybe there will be something interesting :huh:

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... 09/1186991

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 14 Sep 2010, 18:21

sammyosammy wrote:
Again Kriss, it´s nothing. A gentleman from our national motorsporting organization only says that Kimi (a finn in a top drive in F1) would be a big thing for finnish motor sporting.. :)
thanks again :hug:
sorry to bother you with these articles, I'm just hoping for some real information :confused:

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 14 Sep 2010, 18:21

apple wrote:Remember Toyota last summer ? They shouted out loud Kimi had in their hands and he didnt accept the big offer they had given to him?
And later Kimi said he hadnt even talked with Toyota.
Well, here is my totally headless prophecy..
Massa ends up in Renault with Kubica. Open seat at Ferrari. So, Webber takes WDC and ends up in Ferrari. Who is in RBR?See that and much more in our next episode at F1 Zone channel.
At this point it seems like nothing can be discounted. I had the feeling for a while now that the Robertsons are waiting for something to happen in F1. I still dont quite know what it is but it seems like there is something brewing.

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 14 Sep 2010, 18:24

redstorm wrote:(This is the ghost of Red. Be verrrrryyyyy scared!)
Oh definitely, pooping my pants big time over here. :wave:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 14 Sep 2010, 18:25

Kriss wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
sorry to bother you with these articles, I'm just hoping for some real information :confused:
I think for now pretty much all articles are going to be referring back to the original autosport article.

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 14 Sep 2010, 18:27

Kriss wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
That´s why I´ve been lurking Turun sanomat (Heikki Kulta) every other minute.. Nothing new there also.
And that MTV3 Tulosruutu tells propably just the same their site did this morning. It`s their job to present it this way.. I´m confident to skip it and watch some soccer instead.. :lol:

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 14 Sep 2010, 19:51

Kriss wrote:there will be something on MTV3 at 22.25
can somebody watch it , maybe there will be something interesting :huh:

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... 09/1186991
Only the old news from AS with interview from Keke Rosberg, who said:

- people in rally want to keep him
- people in F1 would welcome a WDC-driver back but
- where can Renault find the money to bring him back

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 14 Sep 2010, 20:04

thanks sammy :hug:
people in rally want to keep him
:thumbsup:

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 14 Sep 2010, 21:39

Here is an interesting article from AMUS:
With Renault returned to the F1?

If Kimi Raikkonen by just one year break back into Formula 1? The Finn is said to have contacted the team from Renault is due to a cockpit for 2011. This last fact had all hinted at a second year in the World Rally Championship.

Kimi Raikkonen is really happy in the Rally World Championship. Although the Finn was operating with his Citroen WRC this season has often on the wrong side of the limit, his plan was to the last, to gather in the coming season with Citroen experience.

Spa awakens Formula 1 fever in Raikkonen

But the Formula 1 race in Spa reminded the "Iceman" apparently back to the old successes in the premier class. In his last five starts at the spectacular track in Belgium Kimi admitted four times from the winning trophy. Like to hear from the camp of the Finns, was awakened the images from Spa, the first time in Formula 1 fever in him.

As Renault some weaker races in Belgium auftrumpfte suddenly again, is not Kimi have shilly long. As the British magazine "auto sport", reports Kimi had already launched an inquiry to the racing team. Renault team boss Eric Boullier has now confirmed the contact.
Who gets the seat next to Kubica?

The French Formula 1 team has one of the few attractive free gauges for the coming season. News has Vitaly Petrov held the seat next to Robert Kubica. But the Russians could either in Belgium or Italy last convince. In addition to Petrov less sponsorship money into the team bring far as Renault hoped.

Kimi Raikkonen is not the only pilot who is the second Renault for next season endeavors. Adrian Sutil, Heikki Kovalainen and Timo Glock will also be door knocking team boss Boullier have to. "It is true that we have summer, more and more requests to get through, and the pilot, you raised (Raikkonen) is now on the radar. He is on the radar because he has contacted us," the Frenchman to "auto sport".
Kimi-a comeback win for Formula 1

How good are the chances of Kimi depends probably also on his salary demands. An old Ferrari merits of the 2007 world champion will not be able to build. Renault must be under the new leadership financially smaller bake bread. Last of the racing team sought an advance even with Bernie Ecclestone, to - as it was officially - to bridge a funding gap.

On the other hand has Raikkonen in his career already earned so much money that he can do without a lavish salary. The Finn said last time and again that he only wanted to do things he enjoys. If Kimi can thus happen. For Formula 1 fans one of the Iceman's comeback to Formula 1 would definitely be a profit.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 14 Sep 2010, 22:03

i dont know why iam saying this but.........kimi in red bull in 2011....i just cant see red bull letting him go, with the way Seb and mark are not getting along. Seb needs more time to develop into a wdc and mark has the fastest car on the grid and still finds ways to lose.
kimi and Seb make a great team, and i wish kimi was behind the wheel of this years rb, he would be far ahead in the points.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HandoZiZle » 15 Sep 2010, 01:41

Maria d wrote:i dont know why iam saying this but.........kimi in red bull in 2011....i just cant see red bull letting him go, with the way Seb and mark are not getting along. Seb needs more time to develop into a wdc and mark has the fastest car on the grid and still finds ways to lose.
kimi and Seb make a great team, and i wish kimi was behind the wheel of this years rb, he would be far ahead in the points.
With his luck, i bet all the technical problems would be on his car.