Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Moominpappa » 13 Jan 2011, 21:05

Maria, you are welcome to Finland next summer.
I miss a babysitter

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 13 Jan 2011, 21:22

Maria d wrote:oh wolfie, i know we never want to see him in nascar, but it would be my one and only chance to watch him race in person......
so maybe a road course ringer at watkins glen?
May I ask? How come the only chance? :huh:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 13 Jan 2011, 21:41

sammyosammy wrote:
Maria d wrote:oh wolfie, i know we never want to see him in nascar, but it would be my one and only chance to watch him race in person......
perhaps because Maria lives in USA and there's no WRC rally there................

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 13 Jan 2011, 21:51

Acropolis wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
perhaps because Maria lives in USA and there's no WRC rally there................
Come oooooon... I live in Europe but seen some great live hockey out there. There´s only some water between us.

(btw, Iceman or someone should re-name the thread? "Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 season`12", Right??)

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 14 Jan 2011, 00:00

thanks Moomin :hug: , i would love to come to Finland, i would love to sit in the forest and watch the rally. but i if i dont get there,i will be on this side of the pond "watching" it with you guys.
i have got to get a pic posted, we have snow piled up so high, its plowed into 25 ft high mountains . Long Island has become a mini Finland. :)

sammy i get to watch Hockey any time i want,...go Rangers!!. :thumbsup: ...but sadly no live rally :(
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Loiste » 14 Jan 2011, 00:02

Acropolis wrote:perhaps because Maria lives in USA and there's no WRC rally there................
Mmmm... but Rally Mexica or Argentina might be not so far.. :blush:

Besides, Kimi is friends with Block, so maybe they'll come to USE together again! :n

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 14 Jan 2011, 06:30

Maria d wrote:thanks Moomin :hug: , i would love to come to Finland, i would love to sit in the forest and watch the rally. but i if i dont get there,i will be on this side of the pond "watching" it with you guys.
i have got to get a pic posted, we have snow piled up so high, its plowed into 25 ft high mountains . Long Island has become a mini Finland. :)

sammy i get to watch Hockey any time i want,...go Rangers!!. :thumbsup: ...but sadly no live rally :(
Tiki won his fifth with you guys... :hug: (we should hijack you next summer and force to rally finland with us..?)

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 14 Jan 2011, 15:13

Hmm still so quiet ...
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 16 Jan 2011, 13:11

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Hmm still so quiet ...
well he is suppose to test in the coming two weeks and the FIA gala(opening ceremony was atleast last year the last week in january so I suppose we hear something more in the coming two weeks about the team. :thumbsup:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 16 Jan 2011, 13:16

Kriss wrote:
Julia wrote:so what are you guessing are there going to be some sort of announcement before the first test or are we first going to see some paparazzi pictures from the test and from those pictures try to speculate about his sponsors and other practical mater like who is his race engineer etc. :O
Knowing Kimi I vote for the paparazzi pics :zz:
yeah, im starting to give up that we get the information through nice conventional press-releases :zz: should somebody maybe tell them that the team actually also need a pr-person that puts out nice statement every now and then :lol:

well i guess we know something more before the end of january.

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 21 Jan 2011, 23:58

382 pages then. I guess that's it. What were the guesses? Mine was 350 pages.

Just a little break. And then it's time for "Where will Kimi be in 2012?" thread.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 24 Jan 2011, 10:03

SpaMaster wrote:382 pages then. I guess that's it. What were the guesses? Mine was 350 pages.

Just a little break. And then it's time for "Where will Kimi be in 2012?" thread.
:lol:

kimifan
car driver
car driver

Post by kimifan » 24 Jan 2011, 19:37

Raikkonen to contest 10 WRC rounds

Speaking at today's Citroen World Rally Team 2011 launch in Paris, team principal Olivier Quesnel also underlined Petter Solberg's commitment to all 13 rounds of the series.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89060

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 24 Jan 2011, 22:59

Kimi at Le Mans? I like this idea :D
So it looks like he will go to Australia but miss Sardinia.
Loeb and Raikkonen tipped for Le Mans

24th January 2011
By Giles Wade

Seven-time World Rally Champion Sebastien Loeb has been tipped to return to the Le Mans 24 Hours this year: an event that he has already contested twice, with a best result of second place in 2006.

Loeb came close to a Le Mans seat in 2010 with Peugeot, before deciding to prioritise his World Rally Championship campaign and testing commitments with the new Citroen DS3 WRC.

Now though, with Loeb likely to retire from rallying at the end of 2011 – especially if he wins the title again – the 36-year-old is looking at his racing future for 2012 and beyond.

With the Le Mans 24 Hours scheduled for 11-12 June this year, between the rallies of Argentina and Greece, Loeb would have time to take part in the endurance classic – which is not always possible due to the demands of the WRC calendar.

Former Grand Prix Champion Kimi Raikkonen – who will contest 10 rallies this year in a Citroen DS3 WRC – is also keen to race at Le Mans. Discussions have taken place with Citroen’s sponsor Red Bull about the possibility of running a Peugeot 908 in Red Bull colours at Le Mans; with the two rally stars among the driver line-up.

Raikkonen will only miss the rallies of Mexico, Italy and Argentina this year, although more rounds could be forthcoming if extra budget is secured.
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/loeb ... r_le_mans/

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 25 Jan 2011, 07:27

Hm there were also rumours about that last year and it didn´t come true! SO I better don´t get my hope too high! But that would beawesome!!! :D
Strange that Kimi won´t take part at the italian Rally! :confused: