Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Kinga » 15 Nov 2010, 10:16

Wolfie wrote: I guess it remains to be seen during the next months because Webber did correct later that sometimes Seb is #2 and sometimes he is #2 depending on how they stand in the championship.

Still the press keeps on repeating his words as a mantra and it's been hell to see how it has stuck - it's like 'Kimi is unmotivated' all over again :<>:

Actually I didn't wish for anyone specific to win, only repeated in my head 'may justice be served' without thinking who deserves justice and who doesn't, I only wanted to see a fair battle.

The Real Champion

+ 10000000000000 Flag:##

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 15 Nov 2010, 10:51

it looks likely that Webber will be in RB in 2011. wome quotes from him:
When asked if he would definitely be at Red Bull this time next year, he replied: "Yes."

Webber, whose victory at the Turkish Grand Prix made him the first Australian since Alan Jones in 1981 to head the standings, added: "There were a lot of positives this year.

"This weekend didn't turn out and it's a shame, but I'll have a good time to reflect in the next few weeks and look at the highs and the lows. That's the way sport is sometimes.

"There are quite a few emotions. I think two championships for the team is not a bad effort for us. I fully congratulate Seb on the world championship."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 188340.stm

also, right after the race Christian Horner said that Mark was a good team player (can't find video so far).

It looks like it is good news - Kimi stays in WRC. just need to wait for the official.

By the way - Hulk is out of Williams and there are rumors that Massa migh be pushed out of Ferrari in his favour by Hulk's manager
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 15 Nov 2010, 11:02

My French is quite miserable, threfore google-translation:
http://rallye.automoto365.com/news/?lan ... _type_id=1
In 2011 Citroën wants to bet on Raikkonen, and Solberg Sordo

Places are scarce in the World Rally Championship and Citroën draws all eyes. Sébastien Loeb Sébastien Ogier and thus has this been confirmed as the formal structure of pilots for next season, the Junior Team Citroën becomes a particularly attractive promised land.

For many months, the Citroen reiterates its desire to keep Dani Sordo at his side, in this structure 'B'. Still without a contract when leaving Cardiff, the Spaniard has however taken advantage of this end of the season to confirm his negotiations with Prodrive, to reach Kris Meeke, driving the Mini that will play a part in the 2011 WRC season .

That was enough for Olivier Quesnel less emphasis last night on his interest to Sordo, despite a mixed 2010 campaign in which the Spaniard was unable to detach himself from his role as bearer of water. "Dani is part of the family, because we can not forget that we won two titles with him. He scored points Constructors past two years, "recalled the boss of Citroën Racing. "Unfortunately, we must find the full budget for Dani and it will be very complicated. But we may be an opportunity waiting to see. "

For his part, Kimi Raikkonen was surprisingly talkative to Cardiff, revealing have two options for the upcoming season, including one that would see him continue his career in the World Rally Championship. Also surrounded by rumors of his ties with Mini or Ford with Monster, the Finn is an asset that Citroën brand will not refuse to bear if the opportunity presents itself. But the brand lights can also count on a third ace in his hand, in the person of Petter Solberg who does not hide his desire to continue his career in a more comfortable environment than his private team. "We were delighted with the solution found with Petter and Kimi this year, and we will do our best to find a solution for both," said Olivier Quesnel.
Which is the other option?

Maybe the thing with Häkkinen? :huh:

iffie
car driver
car driver

Post by iffie » 15 Nov 2010, 11:55

It´s really sad that Kimi´s future seems to be pending due to financial issues. Last year the thing with Santander and this year with those required sponsors. Even if manages to find some sponsors, how can he be motivated to drive for a team who regards him as "too slow" but who keeps him nonetheless because he pays enough for the seat???!!! :(

Come on, Kimi, for God´s sake, return to F1!

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 15 Nov 2010, 12:04

so my nerves were actually telling me the right thing all this while - that kimi would not return to f1 anymore... I wish him the best but I am one of those who have not taken to rallying at all despite the fact that it is not a sport for the faint of hearts. I find no joy in having no way to see a race in real time and that there is no wheel-to-wheel. And I also find no joy that kimi will languish in the mid-tiers for the years to come. But it is his wish and dream, so I will move on in terms of f1 - and this time, I will not support anyone unless I intend to jinx them - Ferrari and Alonso, I got my eyes on you, muahhhahahahahah :shhh:

wolfie,

when I was absolutely sure vettel would not win it and that alosno would, my jinxing powers returned - just like in 2007, when I was sure it was in hamilton's bag :lol: i will support the red team with all of my heart from now on until certain people responsible for the way they treated kimi r no longer in the team...btw, I thought I read somewhere that monte was asked by someone powerful to be sacked - but it was in italian, anyone got that article translated in english? cheers!
The JINX

F1note
kart driver
kart driver

Post by F1note » 15 Nov 2010, 14:35

I thought I read somewhere that monte was asked by someone powerful to be sacked - but it was in italian, anyone got that article translated in english? cheers!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadi ... Id=5139100

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 15 Nov 2010, 14:46

Thanks mate!
The JINX

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 15 Nov 2010, 14:49

http://www.motorsport-total.com/rallye/ ... 11501.html
... And then there's also Kimi Raikkonen, who this year went for the junior team of the French, but for the next year has several offers. "We were pleased with the solution we have found this year with Petter and with Kimi, and we will do our best to find a solution for both," says Quesnel - without testifying much.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 15 Nov 2010, 14:54

miezicat wrote:http://www.motorsport-total.com/rallye/ ... 11501.html
... And then there's also Kimi Raikkonen, who this year went for the junior team of the French, but for the next year has several offers. "We were pleased with the solution we have found this year with Petter and with Kimi, and we will do our best to find a solution for both," says Quesnel - without testifying much.
That is such a strange quote, I don't understand what it means
They are pleased with the solution they found but they have to find a solution? :huh:

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 15 Nov 2010, 14:57

sleenster wrote:
miezicat wrote:http://www.motorsport-total.com/rallye/ ... 11501.html
That is such a strange quote, I don't understand what it means
They are pleased with the solution they found but they have to find a solution? :huh:
It means they are pleased with the solution they found for this season and they need to find a solution for next year.

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 15 Nov 2010, 16:05

F1note wrote:
I thought I read somewhere that monte was asked by someone powerful to be sacked - but it was in italian, anyone got that article translated in english? cheers!

Off-Topic: show
By ANDREW DAMPF AP Sports Writer

ROME(AP)—Ferrari’s woeful end to the Formula One season has drawn criticism in Italy, with some lawmakers calling for the automaker’s president to resign.

Fernando Alonso entered Sunday’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix leading the drivers’ standings but finished seventh in the race after several strategic errors by the Italian team, allowing Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel to clinch the title by winning the race.

Cabinet minister Roberto Calderoli was among those suggesting that Ferrari President Luca Cordero di Montezemolo should step down, prompting Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne to issue a statement Monday in Montezemolo’s defense.

“The result from yesterday’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix certainly wasn’t what we all expected, but we’ve still got to be grateful to the men and women of Ferrari, whose work allowed (the team) to near an objective that until a few weeks ago seemed unthinkable,” Marchionne said.

Fiat owns an 85 percent stake in Ferrari.

“It’s true that we lacked something in the final sprint, but I am convinced that everyone at Ferrari, from its president on down to the last mechanic, did a great job,” Marchionne added.

There is speculation that Montezemolo could have political ambitions to lead a new coalition in opposition to Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi. He dismissed Calderoli’s suggestion, telling online journal Affaritaliani.it that he would prefer to “talk about serious things,” adding that any political comments “don’t even minimally tarnish the dedication and capacity of the men and women of Ferrari.”

Italian Olympic Committee President Giovanni Petrucci also sought to calm the outrage.

“You can also finish second in sports sometimes,” Petrucci said. “We should thank Ferrari for all it has done and continues to do. There are also opponents - congratulations to Red Bull and Vettel.”

In a statement posted on its website, Ferrari also expressed dismay over the political talk.

“We’re sorry to see that there are some politicians on the outside who are ready to jump onto the winner’s bandwagon, then push for the guillotine when things go badly,” the automaker commented. “And we don’t understand anyone who revels in self-defeatism, who sinks into the culture of, ‘Everything’s gone wrong, we have to start all over again.’ They are vices that are very Italian, that we must learn to shake off.”

Ferrari team director Stefano Domenicali acknowledged that the squad made three tactical mistakes in the race: regarding Mark Webber of Red Bull as Alonso’s top challenger instead of Vettel, not realizing how long the soft tires were going to hold up - leading to a poor pit-stop strategy - and not taking into account how tough it was to pass slower cars late in the race.

With Red Bull also winning the constructors’ title, Ferrari has now gone two full seasons without a title. Kimi Raikkonen last won the drivers championship for Ferrari in 2007, while the team last took the constructors’ title - of which it has won a record 16 - in 2008.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slu ... errariflop
:O

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 15 Nov 2010, 20:13

Iana wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
brendakarli wrote: The Real Champion

Nicest guy in F1! I'm so happy for him. Flag:##
Also it has come to light that the penalty that Vettel got in Hungary was in an attempt to help the team get a 1-2, it was not a casual error. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88309
He had already helped Webber and the team. This was a strong indication of how good a team player he was. He did not even mention it afterwards. Webber should have surely known this. Yet he has cried foul multiple times.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 15 Nov 2010, 20:33

F1note wrote:

It was the minister who demanded that but Turrini had his say again :lol:

http://www.f1zone.net/viewtopic.php?f=4 ... 73#p232573

@ Brenda, I'm starting to believe in you :blink:

@ Dheeban, interesting information and it could very well be true :thumbsup:

One more time:

A friend is going to meet Seb after two weeks and she is going to give Seb a birthday present where she also collects names of those who have supported Seb during the hard times this year.

So only if you have supported Seb while everybody was bashing him, please send your name and country to me by PM or to my e-mail nicole@kolumbu.fi

And out of respect for Seb, only those who really supported him :hug:

About this picture again, can you see how genuine the guy is with tears in his eyes :hug:

To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 15 Nov 2010, 20:37

SpaMaster wrote: Also it has come to light that the penalty that Vettel got in Hungary was in an attempt to help the team get a 1-2, it was not a casual error. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88309
He had already helped Webber and the team. This was a strong indication of how good a team player he was. He did not even mention it afterwards. Webber should have surely known this. Yet he has cried foul multiple times.
Wow :blink: Seb, Seb... no doubt that you and Kimi are friends! :hug:

"Birds of a feather flock together." :thumbsup:
Last edited by Kinga on 15 Nov 2010, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 15 Nov 2010, 20:38

A little bit off topic but I just watched a few beautiful words from Sebastian Vettel about Kimi on ServusTV. He said more or less the same he told yesterday to Kulta, but this time it was the ServusTV moderator who asked.

I have missed the rest of the interview, though. And Mark Webber is also there!