Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by SpaMaster » 15 Sep 2010, 02:05

^ Amen to that! :lol:

About the AMuS article: I somehow don't think their point about the Spa-Francorchamps race making Kimi think about F1 is far-fetched at all. In fact, Kimi himself admitted just before the Belgian GP that he misses racing there. Can't say it would have made him consider a return to F1, but it would created his strongest thought on F1 yet since he left last year.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 15 Sep 2010, 04:33

HandoZiZle wrote:
Maria d wrote:i dont know why iam saying this but.........kimi in red bull in 2011....i just cant see red bull letting him go, with the way Seb and mark are not getting along. Seb needs more time to develop into a wdc and mark has the fastest car on the grid and still finds ways to lose.
kimi and Seb make a great team, and i wish kimi was behind the wheel of this years rb, he would be far ahead in the points.
With his luck, i bet all the technical problems would be on his car.
Both RB drivers made rookie mistakes, so Kimi still could have lead.
I don't see him ever going back to F1 though
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 15 Sep 2010, 05:35

HandoZiZle wrote:
Maria d wrote:i dont know why iam saying this but.........kimi in red bull in 2011....i just cant see red bull letting him go, with the way Seb and mark are not getting along. Seb needs more time to develop into a wdc and mark has the fastest car on the grid and still finds ways to lose.
kimi and Seb make a great team, and i wish kimi was behind the wheel of this years rb, he would be far ahead in the points.
With his luck, i bet all the technical problems would be on his car.
I believe it was my jinxing powers that caused kimi and all his fans so much heartache on this front. But I've learnt never to root for him again - I now "root" for his fiercest competitors! Whether he goes back to F1 or not, I'll be rooting for Fonzi and Ferrari until Domeicalli and Fonzi retires! From the looks of things, it is only a question of time that Massa will leave Ferrari (if he is highly coveted in some other team), else he will grin and bear with it like Rubens did....then he would be selling himself out for sure.

I still think all this buzz is nonsense and that kimi will stay in rallye - shame on robertsons on fooling me once, shame on me if I get fooled twice!

The JINX
The JINX

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 15 Sep 2010, 05:59

Boudica wrote:
apple wrote:Remember Toyota last summer ? They shouted out loud Kimi had in their hands and he didnt accept the big offer they had given to him?
And later Kimi said he hadnt even talked with Toyota.
Well, here is my totally headless prophecy..
Massa ends up in Renault with Kubica. Open seat at Ferrari. So, Webber takes WDC and ends up in Ferrari. Who is in RBR?See that and much more in our next episode at F1 Zone channel.
At this point it seems like nothing can be discounted. I had the feeling for a while now that the Robertsons are waiting for something to happen in F1. I still dont quite know what it is but it seems like there is something brewing.
yeah, have th same feeling... Robertsons (and kultas, turinis) comment a couple of weeks ago sounded that something is brewing and it MAYBE opends up the driver market in F1 which could give Kimi a better option in F1 to choose from. And vile waiting Robertson is steering things by being in contact with renault. The renault rumor also gives them a better negotiation situation with Red Bull rally, I men it is quite hard to negotiate things when the other part knows that they are your only proper option...

So in my mind the chances of Kimi driving in renault next year are pretty slim and I have the feeling Boullier also knows it because he is touting out Kimis name a little bit too often, as if he would like to use it as much as possible when he still can...and it sounds even more stupid when he is explaining kimi is just their b-plan and he has to lover his demands and ....

The problem with Kimi and f1 is that it has sounded a long vile already that Robertson is much more keen to find kimi a f1 option that kimi is keen to go back in f1. So my guess is still that he continues in rally unless something very strange happens on the drivermarket and gives kimi a dream f1 option. Because i don't see him giving up his rallycareer so easily.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 15 Sep 2010, 06:07

a nameless person at reanult is assuring mtv3 that even if they have been in contact with Kimi is Heikki also still a option for them...

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... 09/1186960

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 15 Sep 2010, 06:15

An exclusive interview with horner on motorsport total dated 12.9

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 91208.html

here is the Kimi parts translated whith google:
Question: "Your drivers are confirmed for 2011, but then runs Marks in contract. What's next? For you with Kimi Raikkonen her yes a very interesting rider in the Red Bull family ..."
Horner: "We have many good drivers, some very talented youngsters. Mark takes his career just yet year after year, what makes sense. We will cross that bridge when we get there."

Q: Would you be interested in principle to see Kimi back in Formula 1? "
Horner: "For Kimi makes a return only makes sense if he wants it really and if he feels the necessary passion and the necessary desire. Also stops the time is not, as we see the example of Michael Schumacher. Sometimes it is not good to make a step back. "

Q: Have you recently talked to Kimi? Or Helmut Marko? "
Horner: "I do not. Kimi focused on the World Rally Championship. It belongs to his heart and he wants to focus on. The formula is one for him in the past."

Q: Do you think not that he will return again? "
Horner: "It would surprise me very much."

Q: Sébastien Buemi recently publicly toying with a Red Bull cockpit for 2012. What kind of thoughts you of him? "
Horner: "Sebastien is a member of our junior program. Each driver in the pit lane would currently have our car. But as I said, we will cross that bridge until we get there. Our drivers for 2011 are fixed, then it is still a while back. "

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 15 Sep 2010, 07:59

Julia wrote:
Boudica wrote:
apple wrote:Remember Toyota last summer ? They shouted out loud Kimi had in their hands and he didnt accept the big offer they had given to him?
And later Kimi said he hadnt even talked with Toyota.
Well, here is my totally headless prophecy..
Massa ends up in Renault with Kubica. Open seat at Ferrari. So, Webber takes WDC and ends up in Ferrari. Who is in RBR?See that and much more in our next episode at F1 Zone channel.
At this point it seems like nothing can be discounted. I had the feeling for a while now that the Robertsons are waiting for something to happen in F1. I still dont quite know what it is but it seems like there is something brewing.
yeah, have th same feeling... Robertsons (and kultas, turinis) comment a couple of weeks ago sounded that something is brewing and it MAYBE opends up the driver market in F1 which could give Kimi a better option in F1 to choose from. And vile waiting Robertson is steering things by being in contact with renault. The renault rumor also gives them a better negotiation situation with Red Bull rally, I men it is quite hard to negotiate things when the other part knows that they are your only proper option...

So in my mind the chances of Kimi driving in renault next year are pretty slim and I have the feeling Boullier also knows it because he is touting out Kimis name a little bit too often, as if he would like to use it as much as possible when he still can...and it sounds even more stupid when he is explaining kimi is just their b-plan and he has to lover his demands and ....

The problem with Kimi and f1 is that it has sounded a long vile already that Robertson is much more keen to find kimi a f1 option that kimi is keen to go back in f1. So my guess is still that he continues in rally unless something very strange happens on the drivermarket and gives kimi a dream f1 option. Because i don't see him giving up his rallycareer so easily.
Agreed, if you just look at the patronising way in which Boullier mentions Kimi you would have to say that the Renault option isn't real. But as you have said between Heikki Kulta's strange words and all of the delaying tactics, they are waiting for something to happen, properly at Red Bull.

I don't think Heikki is an option for Renault, he doesn't bring any sponsors, he isn't such a popular driver and his performance against Kubica would be questionable. Why didn't MTV3 report more of the news of Kimi and Renault, I might be to cynical, but it just looks like another way for MTV3 to undermine Kimi.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Sep 2010, 08:31

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... 09/1187207

Its effing annoying that people are still yapping about motivation factor and news are being made.
Last edited by luieluv on 15 Sep 2010, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 15 Sep 2010, 08:34

Well, MTV 3 is really making fool of themselves again as they are quoting Boulliers comments to AFP. There he says the same as at the beginning of september to the belgian newspaper . He is questioning Kimis motivation and how much he could ask for money...if they dont know that by now there isnt much going on.
MTV3 headline is "Renault team boss is concerned about Kimis motivation and salary demands".
So, this is beginning to seem like a plot of Robertsons..

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 15 Sep 2010, 08:36

i think mtv3 is the only one believing Heikki is a real option for Renault. They need a finn in a top team. And mtv3 seem to have a love-hate relationship with Kimi...

yeah, red bull and mark seems to be the case they are waiting for to see where it ends. But as Kimi answer kulta a months ago:
Is your scale turning to rally?

– We will see that later. There are a lot of things involved. There is nothing yet and it could be that nothing happens, Räikkönen says mysteriously.
and even if something happened in that team it doesn't mean automatically that Kimi and RB can agree on terms that suited them both. As I said before I think they are actually quite happy having him rallying for them... and they where probably quite sure of him signing a extension in rally (see the horner interview) so with yesterdays news Robertson has at least poor a lot of cold water in their neck... hope it pays of in a good way...

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 15 Sep 2010, 08:37

Boudica wrote:
Julia wrote:

Agreed, if you just look at the patronising way in which Boullier mentions Kimi you would have to say that the Renault option isn't real. But as you have said between Heikki Kulta's strange words and all of the delaying tactics, they are waiting for something to happen, properly at Red Bull.

I don't think Heikki is an option for Renault, he doesn't bring any sponsors, he isn't such a popular driver and his performance against Kubica would be questionable. Why didn't MTV3 report more of the news of Kimi and Renault, I might be to cynical, but it just looks like another way for MTV3 to undermine Kimi.
Well, they probably waiting for the end result of the F1 championship. In the remote chance that Webbo doesn't stay after winning the WDC they might offer Kimi a chance. That would mean too good an option to miss without having a chance to consider
Still, that would mean Kimi has to stop rallying for at least a year, and who knows that Kaj would wait for him to come back again. Everything that we know of points to rally
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 15 Sep 2010, 10:10

This certainly got the news going again, sorry for the lack of time but here's what Kari Sohlberg thinks - only an opinion:

http://www.iltalehti.fi/formulat/201009 ... 2_fo.shtml"]http://www.iltalehti.fi/formulat/201009 ... 2_fo.shtml
"It would mean a lot to Finland"

14.9.2010 klo 16.31

- In Finland it's important that they have one own driver who has realistic chances for succeeding. Kimi's comeback would have a huge impact when thinking of Finland, Kari O. Sohlberg, chairman of the AKK-Motorsports (the highest organisation in Finland) starts.

Räikkönen has lifted up the image of rally this year. The traditional Finnish sport was already dying into it's own 'departments' but Räikkönen blew fire back into the coals.

- Now I believe that the new regulations and manufacturers in 2011 will significantly improve rally's global attraction. We have skillful drivers there who have contracts. And young promising talents are growing, Sohlberg says.

His message is clear. Räikkönen has completed his work in rally. Now the Finnish F1-circles want him back on the track again.

JANNE PALOMÄKI
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SilentKiller » 15 Sep 2010, 10:58

What the hell is this "Raikkonen has completed his work in Rally" s##t. Is Kimi some kind of a use n throw publicity object. Hell no. Kimi will do whatever he wants, whenever he wants and he cares a s##t about what others think about him.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Sep 2010, 11:07

SilentKiller wrote:What the hell is this "Raikkonen has completed his work in Rally" s##t. Is Kimi some kind of a use n throw publicity object. Hell no. Kimi will do whatever he wants, whenever he wants and he cares a s##t about what others think about him.
I dont think he meant to be that offensive as you have perceived him to be. :)
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 15 Sep 2010, 11:40

Räikkönen has lifted up the image of rally this year. The traditional Finnish sport was already dying into it's own 'departments' but Räikkönen blew fire back into the coals.

- Now I believe that the new regulations and manufacturers in 2011 will significantly improve rally's global attraction.
I doubt that .:huh:
Many people follow rally (not just us) because Kimi is there and "lifted the image".
There were a lot more article about rally in the newspapers because of Kimi.
How many will follow after he leaves? ''hmm''