Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by redstorm » 24 Jun 2010, 20:46

And by him saying that he is leaving a BIG door open for Kimi. I don't see him going back, but it's very interesting to see such open courting when Macca has the last TWO WDC on contract. That shows how high esteem Kimi still holds in F1.

Never say never. Everytime we have his future figured out, another bit of contrary information comes out. We are all still in the dark no matter how much we think we have it figured out!!!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 24 Jun 2010, 21:06

redstorm wrote:And by him saying that he is leaving a BIG door open for Kimi. I don't see him going back, but it's very interesting to see such open courting when Macca has the last TWO WDC on contract. That shows how high esteem Kimi still holds in F1.
yeah, it is, isn't ...

and if we are interested to know what the deal between Red Bull and Kimi is ... I bet the other team managers have grilled RB a lot about what the deal is ... because there is definitely something in it that we are not told. And the team managers have to know that every top-team made a offer to him and Kimi turned down everybody else's ( Mclarens, Mercedes, Renaults and Toyota's ) offer.

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 24 Jun 2010, 21:23

Must be some sort of option saying that if RB has a seat Kimi is theirs. He must have held out too long and they got impatient and resigned Webbo. The Robs must be sniffing around the paddock and Macca are trying to stick to Kimi like white on rice! That tells me that even with the exceptional year Button has put up, (I thought Hammy would wipe the floor with him...) that Macca still like Kimi. Even a year out of the loop Kimi. Button, dear, Merc were happy to let you go and now Macca are after your replacement. Just retire so Kimi can run F1 and WRC. That might cause a few on here to spontaneously combust!!!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 24 Jun 2010, 21:54

Thanks luie, rko and miezicat for the Whitmarsh article. I am glad Whitmarsh continues to speak so highly of Kimi even now.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 24 Jun 2010, 22:03

redstorm wrote: And hello, new here but congrats on the new baby. I can't believe you have time to get on here!!! We are about the same age from your pic. I assume you have other children?
Thanks, I am 34, my wife is 30. Kids are 12, 10, 2 and 0 years. I know that I looks much more younger than I am, but I think it's only positive thing.

My English skill is so low that I am missed a lot of your points but I hope that you will continue writing just like you are done. I try to learn and jump to new level.
I miss a babysitter

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 25 Jun 2010, 02:49

Julia wrote: edit: my second thought was that this was his:" you know you can always come back home (read F1) speak to Kimi ... :hug:
and kimi said back to him: thank you. I am coming back next year... :lol: :lol: :O :pray:

bourbon
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by bourbon » 25 Jun 2010, 03:54

Why do you have to kick out Button? With Ferrari seriously pushing the 3 car deal, the top teams might have more open spaces sooner than we think... lol

Raikkonen gave Macca an indirect thumbs up too in his recent interview. When asked who he thought might get WDC, he responded, 'one of the Red Bull drivers Or Hamilton."
Every mile I have with the Citroen C4 WRC is giving a certain pleasure - Kimi Raikkonen
My ideal is to win the race at the slowest speed possible - Alain Prost
You should just stick with those people who are really there for you - Sebastian Vettel

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 25 Jun 2010, 04:30

Moominpappa wrote:
rko281 wrote: P.S. Those of you who speak Portugese, feel free to correct me (it's not my first langueage, but I understand a little). :O
How many languages you understand? :cool:
I understand most of the Latin languages (Italian, French, Spanish, Portugese...).
@ redstorm: I didn't used Google translator as I don't like it (it's not good enough for me) :O

On-topic: Nice words from MW, but in my opinion Kimi is done with F1.

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 25 Jun 2010, 06:28

apple wrote:Or Kimi had desided to rally after all as Macca probably wasnt too keen on Kimis rally hobby. But Martin is doing the work for Kimi, he is keeping Kimis name on the board.
Well, Kimi said rallye is not a problem, Macca would let him race . However he said there are many little thing he doesn't like. I had the impression most of them were PR related, plus some changes in the team.
Anyway, for whatever reason Whitmarsh said this, I'm glad for his nice words.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 25 Jun 2010, 07:08

Moominpappa wrote:
redstorm wrote: And hello, new here but congrats on the new baby. I can't believe you have time to get on here!!! We are about the same age from your pic. I assume you have other children?
Thanks, I am 34, my wife is 30. Kids are 12, 10, 2 and 0 years. I know that I looks much more younger than I am, but I think it's only positive thing.

My English skill is so low that I am missed a lot of your points but I hope that you will continue writing just like you are done. I try to learn and jump to new level.
Ah, yes you look younger! Thats a good thing though :cool: I am 27 with a 4yr old. Much of what I say that you do not understand is probably just a regional thing. Ill bet it goes over even those with better English skills heads :huh:

Our culture is a world apart, and not just geographically @welcome@ But that is great, I like learning other cultures.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 25 Jun 2010, 08:26

redstorm wrote:Must be some sort of option saying that if RB has a seat Kimi is theirs. He must have held out too long and they got impatient and resigned Webbo.
Kimi seems to have fans everywhere in the paddockm including the management of almost every team. However they also seem to agree that Kimi himself is devoted to rallye. RB won him in this "contest" because they're interested in almost everything Kimi might choose in the future, they just have to make sure he sticks with them
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 25 Jun 2010, 10:27

Julia wrote:
redstorm wrote:He may have said something that we like, but don't let it fool you. He is Ron's puppet ala Medvedev in Russia. And after 2007 I hold Ron in the same respect as senior thong himself. Wolfie knows what I'm talking about cause I'm not going to post it again!
Even if he is whoevers puppet he is still doing a good job cleaning Kimis reputation. I believe its not a coincident that the statement is in Autosport, that he just happend to slip it out... he has done it on purpose and did you noticed that he gave the statement firstly as the FOTA chairman. coincident, no I don't believe it...

and, no, I don't want him to go back to F1... I want him to stay in WRC...

not sure that he is actually 'cleaning' Kimi's reputation. It (reputation) is pretty good and MW just stated obvious to many of those who likes F1.
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 25 Jun 2010, 15:00

I also wish Kimi would go back to F1...but knowing my luck and Kimi, I think he has only one thing on his mind right now - rallye. I only think that if his back bothers him too much cos rallying is different and/or he misses the speed of F1 cars then he may consider going back to F1, otherwise... I dun think so
The JINX

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 25 Jun 2010, 15:14

i dont know but i still have the feeling that he will return to F1... once again we have to wait.. but this year i dont feel like last year where i feel so frustrated waiting for his future..

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 26 Jun 2010, 08:34

What did TS say about the Italian report on Merc offering Kubica a three year deal? Is it just a completely made up story or just that they haven't offered yet. If Merc are looking to replace the Schui then there is still a possible seat for Kimi.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED