Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by ish678 » 02 Jun 2010, 13:58

I guess the next week and a half leading up to Montreal is going to be crucial - it looks like there's going to be an announcement about Webber staying at RB during that time. If not, then I have no idea what will happen! We'll be back at square one :confused:

@redstorm - Surely though Kimi doesn't have an indefinite time to make a decision? RB are going to want some stability for next season and know what's going to happen too. Oh and welcome :wave:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 02 Jun 2010, 14:08

redstorm wrote:Montezemelo also said, "Alonso will never drive a red car for us." I don't trust ANY team principle as far as I can throw him.... Kimi said he has not made up his mind. THAT I trust. I fully believe there is an option with RBF1 but also with RB to continue funding his time in WRC. DM has a crush on Kimi so I don't think he will willingly let him go no matter where he decides to race. Horner and Marko are just PR puppets. Horner is turning into Ron Dennis Jr to me.
Hi redstorm!

I don't believe them either, unless an official press release.
I just hope that it is true that Kimi has an option and it will be his decision what he will do. For me this is the only important thing......
Then he can do what he wants....And of course my personal opinion is that KR is hugely better than MW for any team.....

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 02 Jun 2010, 14:09

redstorm wrote:Montezemelo also said, "Alonso will never drive a red car for us." I don't trust ANY team principle as far as I can throw him.... Kimi said he has not made up his mind. THAT I trust. I fully believe there is an option with RBF1 but also with RB to continue funding his time in WRC. DM has a crush on Kimi so I don't think he will willingly let him go no matter where he decides to race. Horner and Marko are just PR puppets. Horner is turning into Ron Dennis Jr to me.
Let it be true. :pray: :fear:

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 02 Jun 2010, 14:14

Thanks for the welcome! ^ Kimi I believe had mentioned before a decision in June/July and imagine that, Markos interview hinted at as much.....

Even if Webber signs don't think it's over. Only if Kimi makes his mind up is it game over. You are all very much aware that Ferrari is not shy to dump a driver. I see no reason to suggest that Massa will turn it on any time soon. They are coddling him right now saying he will be kept. He is loved in the team but I can't see them keeping him if he does not step it up big time.

The scenario I see happening now is that IF Kimi wants back in F1:
RB sign Webber soon to a 1 yr extension
Massa falls further behind Fred
IF an extension it's for 1yr only
end of 2010 Massa is out
possible straight up swap Webber/Massa or unnamed 3rd driver
RB is KIMI's pick ( has some unfinished business with the Reds...)
Webber 1 yr stop gap for Kubica in 2012

Moral of this story is IF Kimi wants the seat, it's his.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 02 Jun 2010, 14:19

The only thing my mind is stuck on is:

Vettel is the Red Bull Recruiting Star
the team seems to be showing him favoritism ever thought Webber leads WDC and had pole...
If they want the kid to be the show, why bring Kimi??????????

Seb is good but..........Iceman cometh!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 02 Jun 2010, 14:23

Oh boy, redstorm.....
You just arrived to make us feel better...

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 02 Jun 2010, 14:23

I don't really know the whole story about why Kimi and McLaren's negotiations fell apart, but how I wish it had worked out and Kimi was driving for McLaren this year. :(

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 02 Jun 2010, 14:35

sleenster wrote:I don't really know the whole story about why Kimi and McLaren's negotiations fell apart, but how I wish it had worked out and Kimi was driving for McLaren this year. :(
that would have been wonderful! :C:

to me kimi is always a macca driver... :)

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 02 Jun 2010, 14:39

Look at all the PR Button is doing. That's the hang up with Macca. Kimi wants his life, well HIS! Can't blame him either.

^ Just say it like I see it. If it cheers you up I'm flattered! Just learned not to trust the PR machines at all. If they want it to get done it will. Contract??? Nowadays they are made to be broken....a man's word is not worth what it used to be. That's why you won't see me say "if it doesn't then I'll eat my hat!!!" my hat doesn't look tasty at all ewwww... Would like a new shiny "Iceman Red Bull Racing F1" though.....
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 02 Jun 2010, 14:55

wow redstorm... you really make my day... and welcome..

for me everything is still confusing... the media is talking about webber renew a contract but on the other hand they also said kimi rumours is up again.... :confused:

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 02 Jun 2010, 15:15

If the "Webber on track to resign" has you worried look at it from RBs side.

"Ok guys, we screwed up big time in Gobble Gobble Turkey. Now we have a PR disaster. How do we fix it? Well two high profile team members have issued conflicting stories, so we can't BS our way out. We can't just stay mum, look at what happened to Macca. It destroyed what should have been double world championships... We can be honest and spill our guts...but then our team procedures are out there as well as a sanction for using team orders. That's money out of our pockets no no no!"

(Guy taking out trash pipes in...) "why not just sign Webber again and act as if all is peachy?"

(Horner with his best impression of the Guinness beer guys)"Thats brilliant! BRILLIANT!!!"

Presto. PR calms down and you have a sheet of paper worth,well, nothing.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 02 Jun 2010, 15:17

Thanks again for the warm welcome! Now back to work I go booooooooo
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 02 Jun 2010, 15:20

redstorm wrote:If the "Webber on track to resign" has you worried look at it from RBs side.

"Ok guys, we screwed up big time in Gobble Gobble Turkey. Now we have a PR disaster. How do we fix it? Well two high profile team members have issued conflicting stories, so we can't BS our way out. We can't just stay mum, look at what happened to Macca. It destroyed what should have been double world championships... We can be honest and spill our guts...but then our team procedures are out there as well as a sanction for using team orders. That's money out of our pockets no no no!"

(Guy taking out trash pipes in...) "why not just sign Webber again and act as if all is peachy?"

(Horner with his best impression of the Guinness beer guys)"Thats brilliant! BRILLIANT!!!"

thats funny , welcome redstorm,good to have another kimi fan here. :)
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

marrie17
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by marrie17 » 02 Jun 2010, 15:47

redstorm wrote:If the "Webber on track to resign" has you worried look at it from RBs side.

:lol: You're funny, redstorm! @welcome@

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 02 Jun 2010, 17:38

welcome redstorm.

Entry with a bang!!
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season