Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by SpaMaster » 23 Sep 2010, 01:17

Thanks, miezi. Yeah, that answer does not sound that bad. We have to look at it from the context of the question asked. Still it does not sound good either. There is no need to say anything negative about a contracted Kimi who is doing not that bad by general opinion. He need not have said it.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 23 Sep 2010, 02:25

So I was listening to the TotalRally.com podcast today and they were chatting with Colin Clark about Kimi's situation for next year.

The podcast is here and they start talking about Kimi around 34:30
http://www.totalrally.com/podcast/TRPodcast20100922.mp3

According to Colin Clark he claims that Red Bull are very keen to write the cheque to sponsor Kimi's rallying for next year. Colin also says that Kimi has already received an offer from Citroen, he just hasn't signed it yet.

But here is the strange part, Colin says that Kimi would much rather be among Finns and that he has heard from people around the service park who know Kimi that Kimi feels his progress would be much better if he were among Finnish drivers. And so the best place to be among Finns is at Ford or the Monster team.
(This is such an utterly bizarre explanation, I really don't understand it at all. Does it mean that Kimi is not happy being in a French team? :huh: )

But Colin also says that if he were to bet on it, he'd probably say Kimi would still be at Citroen next year.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 23 Sep 2010, 04:23

Today's print version of Autosport is reporting that Kimi has not received an offer from Red Bull yet. Basically I think it looks like autosport took the original motorsport-total.com article and wrote their own article by putting in their own "interpretation" of Helmut Marko's words. Since when did autosport turn into MTV3? :huh: I mean, what a ridiculous headline, "Red Bull: No value in Raikkonen". WTF?? Even Helmut Marko didn't even say that!!

So, who to believe? We have Colin Clark saying that Red Bull are happy to sponsor Kimi, then autosport (the supposedly reliable news source that seems to have turned into a tabloid rag) is saying the opposite.

What is funny is that in the column on the right side of the page, David Evans, Autosport's rally editor is basically saying that Helmut Marko has ridiculous expectations and that he lives on a different planet. :lol:

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 23 Sep 2010, 04:44

Thanks Sleenster, the David Evans column is great :thumbsup:!

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 23 Sep 2010, 05:45

sleenster wrote:Image

Today's print version of Autosport is reporting that Kimi has not received an offer from Red Bull yet. Basically I think it looks like autosport took the original motorsport-total.com article and wrote their own article by putting in their own "interpretation" of Helmut Marko's words. Since when did autosport turn into MTV3? :huh: I mean, what a ridiculous headline, "Red Bull: No value in Raikkonen". WTF?? Even Helmut Marko didn't even say that!!

So, who to believe? We have Colin Clark saying that Red Bull are happy to sponsor Kimi, then autosport (the supposedly reliable news source that seems to have turned into a tabloid rag) is saying the opposite.

What is funny is that in the column on the right side of the page, David Evans, Autosport's rally editor is basically saying that Helmut Marko has ridiculous expectations and that he lives on a different planet. :lol:
Yeah David evans is so correct. I am sure autosport mentioned this article so as to they can have their view by their rally expert evans and tell the world what ridiculous mind set this hamloot has.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 Sep 2010, 06:16

SilentKiller wrote:Mtv3 has been posting bulls**t about Kimi for years.....it hardly comes as a surprise.
It's so ridiculous that when Kimi was in F1 they bashed him all the time and hailed Kovalainen. Now when there's even the slightest chance of him coming back to F1 they are clinging on it and trying to make it true :zz:

When Ferrari sacked Kimi and it was clear that he wouldn't go to F1, people had to stay on hold in the phone beginning from the morning when terminating their deal with MTV3 for watcing F1-races.

In a way all this hype on MTV3 makes me smile a lot :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 Sep 2010, 06:20

sleenster wrote:So I was listening to the TotalRally.com podcast today and they were chatting with Colin Clark about Kimi's situation for next year.

According to Colin Clark he claims that Red Bull are very keen to write the cheque to sponsor Kimi's rallying for next year. Colin also says that Kimi has already received an offer from Citroen, he just hasn't signed it yet.

But here is the strange part, Colin says that Kimi would much rather be among Finns and that he has heard from people around the service park who know Kimi that Kimi feels his progress would be much better if he were among Finnish drivers. And so the best place to be among Finns is at Ford or the Monster team.
(This is such an utterly bizarre explanation, I really don't understand it at all. Does it mean that Kimi is not happy being in a French team? :huh: )

But Colin also says that if he were to bet on it, he'd probably say Kimi would still be at Citroen next year.
Thanks Sleenster :shhh:

It would make sense to me. Kimi would probably feel more at home with a Finnish team - or drivers.

Marcus Grönholm - Mini?

Tommi Mäkinen?

And... if it's true that he only has a one year contract with Red Bull and they are desperately trying to sign up Kimi and he has said no... then Marko's comments make perfect sense "He has not done enough for us" = "He doesn't want us"

It would be face-saving.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 23 Sep 2010, 06:22

Wolfie wrote:
sleenster wrote:So I was listening to the TotalRally.com podcast today and they were chatting with Colin Clark about Kimi's situation for next year.

It would make sense to me. Kimi would probably feel more at home with a Finnish team - or drivers.

Marcus Grönholm - Mini?

Tommi Mäkinen?

And... if it's true that he only has a one year contract with Red Bull and they are desperately trying to sign up Kimi and he has said no... then Marko's comments make perfect sense "He has not done enough for us" = "He doesn't want us"

It would be face-saving.
i loved your interpretation and now very much convinced of that being the case. :hug:
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 Sep 2010, 06:29

luieluv wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Marcus Grönholm - Mini?

Tommi Mäkinen?

It would be face-saving.
i loved your interpretation and now very much convinced of that being the case. :hug:
Thanks Luie :hug:

Otherwise everything we have seen and heard about Kimi's massive attraction is taken out of nowhere and somehow I don't believe that it's even possible to make it look like he is popular if he isn't.

Citroen-guys seem to be thrilled over the massive groups and methinks that the Kimi-collection is selling best of all Red Bull gear.

So I understand very well if they don't want to lose him but to do it like this... highly unprofessional :<>:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 Sep 2010, 06:30

But Tommi Mäkinen would be a great thing!!!!!

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 23 Sep 2010, 06:55

Schumi has tested again for motorcycles on Tuesday

GP-Mercedes F1 team return this season, Michael Schumacher has again jumped into the two-wheel back on Tuesday.

According to German media on Tuesday, seven-time world champion went to a private jet to Germany Sachsen Ring orbit to test the KTM and Honda Superbike bikes.

Schumacher's Ferrari back to stand in for injured mass Felipe in August 2009 broke down earlier in the year derived from a motorcycle accident neck injury.

(MTV3)

Will this fuel the rumor of Kimi Raikkonen to Mercedes GP?

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 23 Sep 2010, 07:00

Wolfie wrote:

Marcus Grönholm - Mini?

Tommi Mäkinen?

It would be face-saving.
I love your way of thinking! :O

I agree about RB F1 team, I don't want there Kimi anymore.

But in a Mercedes... with Ross Brawn... with Nico Rosberg as a team-mate... with Norbert Haug, the "Kimi fan-girl" :shhh: :shhh: :shhh:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 23 Sep 2010, 07:20

luieluv wrote: Schumi has tested again for motorcycles on Tuesday

GP-Mercedes F1 team return this season, Michael Schumacher has again jumped into the two-wheel back on Tuesday.

According to German media on Tuesday, seven-time world champion went to a private jet to Germany Sachsen Ring orbit to test the KTM and Honda Superbike bikes.

Schumacher's Ferrari back to stand in for injured mass Felipe in August 2009 broke down earlier in the year derived from a motorcycle accident neck injury.

(MTV3)

sooner or later :zz:
about RB not being happy with Kimi's PR, didn't Heikki Kulta said in that long interview that RB is very happy with Kimi pr-wise? He is the only person so far who doesn't lie.

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 23 Sep 2010, 07:38

Kriss wrote:
luieluv wrote: Schumi has tested again for motorcycles on Tuesday

(MTV3)

sooner or later :zz:
about RB not being happy with Kimi's PR, didn't Heikki Kulta said in that long interview that RB is very happy with Kimi pr-wise? He is the only person so far who doesn't lie.
By the way...have You guys seen the KTM bike Michael was testing on?? KR & MS - swapping teams maybe?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.express.de/sport/motorsport/ ... index.html

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 23 Sep 2010, 07:44

It's a bit confusing to have conversation about the same topic in two different threads. Couldn't we merge them somehow?
http://www.f1zone.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... start=5205
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"