Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sleenster » 06 Oct 2010, 20:28

Julia wrote:
Kriss wrote:
luieluv wrote:I am listening to total rally radio and i have put across a question about kimi and mini for david richards.
They were talking about Red Bull being incompetent in getting the maximum PR out of Kimi Raikkonen whose presence in WRC has done great wonders to the image of WRC.

But at the same time they were saying that if not for PR, Monster should not keep kimi as an option when you have drivers like petter, wilson, atkinson and few others who are gonna end in a ditch as much as kimi.
Monster is ALL about PR, so that is not a option :lol:

I admit its true there are persons in the rallyworld who by driving would deserve at the moment the seat more that Kimi ... and Kimi got his seat because of his PR value, but thats how the world of marketing works!

About Wilson, you have to remember that rallyworld is Brittisch :roll::
+1 :cool:
Julia my thoughts exactly!!

And Wilson is there because of his daddy is team boss and his mommy is on the board of directors at M-sport. But I should stop making fun of five year project :( . Everytime I call him that it jinxes Kimi and five year project ends up finishing ahead of Kimi. So to make up for all the cr*p I've said about him, I will say this: Matthew Wilson is a FANTASTIC driver. :D

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 06 Oct 2010, 20:31

luieluv wrote:Awesome....wow...

David richards says that Kimi Raikkonen is committed to WRC and He says that they did had discussions with Kimi Raikkonen but he feels that Kimi will continue with citroen.

And also mentioned that Kimi Raikkonen has been improving and has been impressive.
small trivial information but David Richard was team manager for atleast BAR F1 I think? So he knows Kim from before. He also stated last autumn that that team manager in F1 who isnt considering hiring räikkönen to his team to next year is stupid (or something as nice with the same meaning :zz: ) So we can maybe count him as one of many admirers/fans Kimi has among the bosses in motorsport.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 06 Oct 2010, 20:35

luieluv wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:To second option: I guess that Citroen wants that Kimi will make longer contract than only one year. They really know his potential and PR-value. Or did you just mean that?
very much possible but in that scenario kimi and robertson will have to gather some more sponsorship from couple of sponsors coz red bull wont be a partner.
I dont think that citroen is going to make multiple year contracts with anybody before the Loeb era is over. They didnt even do it with Ogier. He has only one year deal and a option for citroen to continue it 1+1 year more.

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 06 Oct 2010, 20:40

Julia wrote: I dont think that citroen is going to make multiple year contracts with anybody before the Loeb era is over. They didnt even do it with Ogier. He has only one year deal and a option for citroen to continue it 1+1 year more.
They are already said that they want keep Kimi at least two or three years. That is one reason why I think so. But I am sure that there is no problem from Citroen to make one year contract with Kimi.
I miss a babysitter

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 06 Oct 2010, 20:45

Moominpappa wrote:
Julia wrote: I dont think that citroen is going to make multiple year contracts with anybody before the Loeb era is over. They didnt even do it with Ogier. He has only one year deal and a option for citroen to continue it 1+1 year more.
They are already said that they want keep Kimi at least two or three years. That is one reason why I think so. But I am sure that there is no problem from Citroen to make one year contract with Kimi.
when have they said that, totally missed it?... just heard that they want to continue with him. An was guessing that if event Ogier got a proper 3 year deal than Kimi wont either... and hard to believe that Kimi would sign a contract where its citroens choise to decide if he continues... but yeah its going to be interesting how long contact and whit who he is going to do a contact.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 06 Oct 2010, 20:52

thank you all for the updates in the speculation thread it has been fun to read it even now afterwards tonight :shhh:

and Im so glad Kulta has ended his doome day predictions about how unsecured Kimis future is, that made me a litte bit worried for a vile ago... but this sounded again good...
But enough is enough. They will not speak in public about Räikkönen's real negotiations before the contract is closed.

TS/Heikki Kulta
... seems that somebody has calmed down Kulta about Kimis future :O

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 06 Oct 2010, 20:53

Julia wrote: when have they said that, totally missed it?... just heard that they want to continue with him.
I am sorry, but I have no link or other stuff. Time? About month? Hopefully somebody remember better than me but I try search it tomorrow.
I miss a babysitter

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 06 Oct 2010, 20:57

I think we can all agree that if the news doesn't come from Heikki Kulta, Robertson, Kuvaja, Anthony Peacock, or Nogier, then it's probably not going to be very accurate. These are the people who are in direct contact with Kimi and they have the most inside info. :shhh:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 06 Oct 2010, 20:57

Moominpappa wrote:
Julia wrote: when have they said that, totally missed it?... just heard that they want to continue with him.
I am sorry, but I have no link or other stuff. Time? About month? Hopefully somebody remember better than me but I try search it tomorrow.
no, no you dont need to look for a link to prove it, i dont need to hear it :O I just remembered the comment he said in summer that they wanted to continue also next year but then he didnt hint he wanted to do any multiple year deals, but if he has change his mind resently...

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 06 Oct 2010, 21:00

sleenster wrote:I think we can all agree that if the news doesn't come from Heikki Kulta, Robertson, Kuvaja, Anthony Peacock, or Nogier, then it's probably not going to be very accurate. These are the people who are in direct contact with Kimi and they have the most inside info. :shhh:

maybe we could count quesnell also to that bunch :cool:

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 07 Oct 2010, 00:36

David richards says that Kimi Raikkonen is committed to WRC and He says that they did had discussions with Kimi Raikkonen but he feels that Kimi will continue with citroen.

And also mentioned that Kimi Raikkonen has been improving and has been impressive.
Good job, luie. :thumbsup:

I also agree with the conclusion you have made on Kimi's options. I think Red Bull would want to cling on to Kimi until the season ends. The situation could get very interesting if Webber does not win the WDC, worse yet if some other team wins WDC.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 07 Oct 2010, 03:44

SpaMaster wrote:

Good job, luie. :thumbsup:

I also agree with the conclusion you have made on Kimi's options. I think Red Bull would want to cling on to Kimi until the season ends. The situation could get very interesting if Webber does not win the WDC, worse yet if some other team wins WDC.
Totally agree with you too.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 07 Oct 2010, 04:21

If Alonso beats out Webbo for the title (just imagine Hammy jumping him too) the Red Bull will hit the fan! I agree, they are waiting to reveal Kimi to stay with Citroen until after the F1 year ends. If RB collapse in comes Kimi to take the caffine fix to the '11 title.

Fred is on a roll :cool: and he's gonna beat RB out! Get ready guys and gals, Kimis coming back for title 2 that he should have got at Macca......

Webbo to retire, afterall he has to finish his kitchen up for mamma!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 07 Oct 2010, 07:06

Renault hits back at Raikkonen's claims

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, October 7th 2010, 06:44 GMT

Renault has hit back at Kimi Raikkonen's claims that it 'used' his name to try and boost its image - as the team insisted it had been totally transparent in its dealings with the former world champion.

Raikkonen spoke out earlier this week by saying he was '100 per cent' sure he would not race for Renault in 2011 despite having been in contact with the team - and expressed his disappointment that the team had talked up its link with him.

However, Renault team principal Eric Boullier has rubbished Raikkonen's suggestions that it was trying to play the media by talking about the Finn's interest – as he insisted his comments to the press over the past few weeks had merely been honest responses to questions.

"We have not piggy-backed on Kimi's image at all, which is what he has been claiming in the press," Boullier told AUTOSPORT in Japan.

"We were contacted by his managers after Spa. They wanted to enter into discussions and at that time we said: 'Please wait. Yes, we are very flattered that you have contacted us, but we need to finish the evaluation of Vitaly's [Petrov] potential and from that point, when we have our own conclusion, we will get back to you.' There was nothing else.

"Since then, I had not got back to them because we had not finished the evaluation of the potential of Vitaly and there was nothing else to say. I never used the media, and I don't see the benefit of telling to the media that Kimi is interested and chasing us. What would be the purpose of this?

"At the end, there was clearly a big interest in the media and during the last week the media kept reporting about our contact. I guess it was because there was nothing else to report, and I guess Kimi got upset to have all this in the press.

"But I always stuck to my word – and when it was public I was fair and courteous. Yes we were flattered to be contacted but I didn't say anything else. Now, I think it is clear for me, and clear for him, and this is the end of the discussion."

Boullier admitted that he had been a little surprised about the aggressive tone of Raikkonen's comments against Renault – and said that the whole saga had actually been difficult for himself too.

"You cannot be disappointed in his comment, but I do not understand why be aggressive and accuse us of something. I would never chase the media to explain them something like this – we were just replying to the questions. Even for us it was pulling us into a bit of trouble because it was constantly back on the table."

Boullier said it would have more unfair for Renault to have had entered lengthy negotiations with Raikkonen only to then bring talks to an end if they had chosen to keep Petrov.

"I have been very clear and very fair with everybody," he said. "I would not get into deep discussions with anyone, because that would be unfair for them if we took the decision that we were ready to keep Vitaly.

"The idea was we are interested in talking, and if we believe Vitaly cannot do it we will call you back and we will discuss it. But why discuss it before? You can play with the media, you can play with pressure, but that is not the game here."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87222
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 07 Oct 2010, 07:10

now we see Eric Boullier either back tracking of he not saying anything regarding Kimi Raikkonen's motivation or it was all media made up.

If it was media made up then i pity that even a renowned publication like Autosport went on to quote that Eric said things about kimi's motivation and that eric would want to meet kimi face to face and see it in his eyes. What c**p this is turning out to be.

I hope kimi does not respond to this any more and Let Eric reel under the feeling of guilt