Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by beefree88 » 16 Sep 2010, 10:43

Wolfie wrote:One thing just came to my mind - Ain't it sweet that Kimi brings the wrong kind of publicity with his frequent crashes whereas Red Bull in F1 are soaking in positive publicity over their crash-free drivers and team management :lol:

Only one thing makes me sad: Is Kimi once again the scapegoat :fear:
Well, his comment about Kimi's "relatively frequent crashes and lack of results" is pretty weird. If anything, their expectations might have been wrong.
Kulta wrote something earlier (maybe from Germany), along the lines that RB is not satisfied with the level of WRC's publicity -and it threw up a red flag for me back then- but nobody ever said before that they have any kind of problem with Kimi.
Now it's understandable why Kulta implied that something is brewing around Kimi, why Kimi himself talked about something that "might not even happen", why Citroen's boss is talking about needing a sponsor to keep Kimi, and why nothing is settled yet despite that a decision was expected around Neste Rally.
It might be that RB expected Kimi to mix with the best around midseason already, or at least on tarmac. Even some experts did. With a bit of luck it could have happen, but it was still too much to expect from an absolute beginner.
Actually all this explains why Kimi choose WRC this year. It was a unique opportunity. One that he couldn't let pass. As much as I hate it, probably wouldn't even have happened without Ferrari kicking him out.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 16 Sep 2010, 10:44

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Kinga wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote::fear: That doesn´t sound good at all...he might have no clue about Rally but when he says that he is not satisfied with the publicity Kimi brings we have to accept it instead of bashing Marko :confused:
What more does he want? Seriously. LOL The publicity couldn't be any bigger IMO. Nobody could have done it but Kimi so he better stfu...

It's silly but I'm not worried at all. I would welcome if Kimi's decision was rally but would be glad with F1 too. I think he will drive somewhere, and as long as he's racing, I'm okay with it. :thumbsup:

Claudie: you are way more pessimistic than I am. I thought that it's impossible but it's not! :lol:
:lol:

I know we all like Kimi here but well I don´t tend to pamper him. If Marko says that they are not happy with the publicity then we have to believe him. We might not like that news but we have to face it.
I honestly doesnt care. Kimi has probably a lot to solve otherwise he would have said something. But maybe Red Bull is reconsidering their investments in rally. They cancelled their airshow competitions because it began to be too crouded and they couldnt deal with safety issues. Are they going to withdraw from rally or just take a lower profile ?

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 16 Sep 2010, 10:50

beefree88 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:One thing just came to my mind - Ain't it sweet that Kimi brings the wrong kind of publicity with his frequent crashes whereas Red Bull in F1 are soaking in positive publicity over their crash-free drivers and team management :lol:

Well, his comment about Kimi's "relatively frequent crashes and lack of results" is pretty weird. If anything, their expectations might have been wrong.
Kulta wrote something earlier (maybe from Germany), along the lines that RB is not satisfied with the level of WRC's publicity -and it threw up a red flag for me back then- but nobody ever said before that they have any kind of problem with Kimi.
Now it's understandable why Kulta implied that something is brewing around Kimi, why Kimi himself talked about something that "might not even happen", why Citroen's boss is talking about needing a sponsor to keep Kimi, and why nothing is settled yet despite that a decision was expected around Neste Rally.
It might be that RB expected Kimi to mix with the best around midseason already, or at least on tarmac. Even some experts did. With a bit of luck it could have happen, but it was still too much to expect from an absolute beginner.
Actually all this explains why Kimi choose WRC this year. It was a unique opportunity. One that he couldn't let pass. As much as I hate it, probably wouldn't even have happened without Ferrari kicking him out.
Great analysis :thumbsup:

Sorry I hdn´t been here during the german rally so I might have missed that interview :huh:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 16 Sep 2010, 11:04

luieluv wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
luieluv wrote: I have to say that its very taxing on us but somehow i am enjoying this tipsy topsy ride on Planet Kimi :lol: :lol:
Me too Luie :lol:

Just thought yesterday that if Kimi goes back to F1, PF-1 will probably not have many Kimi-fans writing there or what do you think?
Some of there must still be busy with their side profession of spanking kimi even when he was not a part of F1. Now if he comes back they will take it up as a full time profession.
:lol:

I took a look last week and somebody said something against Kimi and people went like 'ooh man, you don't know what you have caused, expect the Kimi-fans to go all over this place now' something like that.

Zero comments from Kimi-fans :lol:

I honestly think that there is only a handful left there thanks to their superb moderating skills and ability to see the whole picture :p

But yet they come with a repetitive phrase over there and so far nobody has realised that Kimi-fans have disappeared - talk about people having illusions and being delusional :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 16 Sep 2010, 11:05

Here is what Neilcole Tweeted to me:

http://twitpic.com/2ox6tq

Mini is Chasing Kimi Raikkonen for WRC 2011
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 16 Sep 2010, 11:09

beefree88 wrote:

But how on earth could they expect more from Kimi knowing that he is a rookie with no experience?

If that's true and not any manipulation again (I still have the hunch of Kimi being in Red Bull F1 next year) then good riddance &doh

Imagine them turning their back on Kimi and Kimi going to for example Mini and dominating and challenging for victories since the cars are completely new for everybody only Kimi has the experience of driving both a S2000- and a WRC-car - next year's cars will be a mixture of those cars.

If they honestly dump him because of poor results and poor publicity then it would be nice to hear their comments next year should Kimi do well :p

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 16 Sep 2010, 11:11

luieluv wrote:Here is what Neilcole Tweeted to me:

Nice, rallying top teams chase for the Iceman :cool:

Puts the Red Bull -statement in a new light again...

Thanks Luie :shhh:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 16 Sep 2010, 11:15

ok, so RB thought they where Kimis only choise and praise Kimi laast time 3 days ago through Horner but the the news about Kimi-Renault spread out in the internet and Marko got a little bit grumpy and made a comment about don't take us(ur rally sponsors) for granted but he forgot that they aren't the only possibility in rally either and that there is also another energydrink-rallysponsor who happily would want to steal Räikkönen from them... wow this is starting to be like a soap-opera..

An somebody said I am not atleast worried he doesnt get a seat but it is going to be interesting months ahead :lol:
Last edited by Julia on 16 Sep 2010, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 16 Sep 2010, 11:21

well it sounds cool
kimi in a mini
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 16 Sep 2010, 11:22

Julia wrote:ok, so RB thought they where Kimis only choise and praise Kimi laast time 3 days ago through Horner but the the news about Kimi-Renault spread out in the internet and Marko got a little bit grumpy and made a comment about don't take us(ur rally sponsors for granted) but he forgot that they aren't the only possibility in rally either and that there is also another energydrink-rallysponsor who happily would want to steal Räikkönen from them... wow this is starting to be like a soap-opera..

An somebody said I am not atleast worried he doesnt get a seat but it is going to be interesting months ahead :lol:
But but but... isn't Kimi the most boring, untalented, unmotivated, greedy driver out there who nobody is interested in :blink:

Too bad we don't see him walking on the paddock and trying to sell himself to teams like Jacques Villeneuve has done for a longer time :p

I simply love the fact that the man himself says zero, yet the media goes absolutely nuts over every freaking sentence including Kimi Räikkönen - the man who we are told on forums is so crappy that no team would want him :lol:

Ah, life is good :O

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 16 Sep 2010, 11:23

Wolfie wrote:
luieluv wrote:Here is what Neilcole Tweeted to me:

Nice, rallying top teams chase for the Iceman :cool:

Puts the Red Bull -statement in a new light again...

Thanks Luie :shhh:
EDITED : Here is what Neilcole Tweeted to me:

(Mini + Red Bull) are Chasing Kimi Raikkonen for WRC 2011

and

(Monster + Ford) are also chasing kimi for the same
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 16 Sep 2010, 11:28

Wolfie wrote:
But how on earth could they expect more from Kimi knowing that he is a rookie with no experience?

If that's true and not any manipulation again (I still have the hunch of Kimi being in Red Bull F1 next year) then good riddance &doh

Imagine them turning their back on Kimi and Kimi going to for example Mini and dominating and challenging for victories since the cars are completely new for everybody only Kimi has the experience of driving both a S2000- and a WRC-car - next year's cars will be a mixture of those cars.

If they honestly dump him because of poor results and poor publicity then it would be nice to hear their comments next year should Kimi do well :p
I think their disappointment - if it's true - is more to do with WRC's current lack of visibility, and mainstream media not noticing anything that's not covered by tv. On top of that in a world where only the winners are noticed, Kimi's achivement goes unmentioned or even talked down. It would take some good journos and good artickles to make people to understand how great Kimi is for a rookie. Like it happened back in his early F1 years. He was praised for 6-10th places, because it was a relatively exceptional performance for a beginner. Now every little mistake is magnified, and I can't help, but feel that the bad publicity he got at Ferrari is partly responsible for that.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 16 Sep 2010, 11:31

Well he deffo will get a seat next year at the WRC...it´s just that he´ll get less money (if RB stops to sponsor him). But I guess that he´ll survive :)

Yep the lack of TV presence pisses me off...but WRC or their promoter are to blame not Kimi. :roll::
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 16 Sep 2010, 11:34

beefree88 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

I think their disappointment - if it's true - is more to do with WRC's current lack of visibility, and mainstream media not noticing anything that's not covered by tv. On top of that in a world where only the winners are noticed, Kimi's achivement goes unmentioned or even talked down. It would take some good journos and good artickles to make people to understand how great Kimi is for a rookie. Like it happened back in his early F1 years. He was praised for 6-10th places, because it was a relatively exceptional performance for a beginner. Now every little mistake is magnified, and I can't help, but feel that the bad publicity he got at Ferrari is partly responsible for that.
Okay but imagine the meltdown on forums had the same been said about Webber :p

Just as an example:
"The publicity has not reached us much as we expected, but it is also related to the fact that Webber has relatively frequent accidents and has failed in results," said Red Bull's motorsport consultant Helmut Marko to 'Motorsports total. com '. He was "Very satisfied" with Sébastien Vettel, the project functions only if Webber wins: "If the athletic success is there, then the advertising effect is the same there. This goes hand in hand."

Whether Red Bull will fund the Australian superstar's F1-career or not is not certain yet.
1. he refers to Kimi's accidents and results
2. he compares Kimi to Loeb and Ogier

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 16 Sep 2010, 11:37

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Well he deffo will get a seat next year at the WRC...it´s just that he´ll get less money (if RB stops to sponsor him). But I guess that he´ll survive :)

Yep the lack of TV presence pisses me off...but WRC or their promoter are to blame not Kimi. :roll::
I second your thought completely. And its good to see the WRC promoters along with FIA are taking stern actions in improving the show from next year.
Some of their ideas related with SSS and bonus points are lovely ideas.