Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 21 Oct 2010, 10:48

sleenster wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:
rko281 wrote:Just seen a picture from the Korean GP (Alo, Ham, Vet, Web, But + Bernie), all the title contenders.
Damn, Kimi "picked" the wrong year not to be in F1. What a season this is with 2 RedBull + 2 Mclaren +1 Ferrari fighting for titles.
I know, he is doing what he likes, but can't help feeling that especially this year he should have been there. This year will remain in history, and the one that wins WDC will be over the moon after such a battle.
It still hasn't been three drivers in the fight going into the final race and the third ranked driver wins by 1 pt, is it? :p To me, nothing can top that.
And almost all the drivers in the fight this year keep saying that they want to "do a Kimi" :lol:
hope that Alonso does a Kimi (a Kimi of today) :p
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 21 Oct 2010, 10:48

ok, I leave you now as my hubby is back on his feet and is going to organize something for me today. Take care!

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 21 Oct 2010, 10:48

apple wrote:ok, I leave you now as my hubby is back on his feet and is going to organize something for me today. Take care!
:wave: :hug:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 21 Oct 2010, 10:57

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
sleenster wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:
rko281 wrote:Just seen a picture from the Korean GP (Alo, Ham, Vet, Web, But + Bernie), all the title contenders.
Damn, Kimi "picked" the wrong year not to be in F1. What a season this is with 2 RedBull + 2 Mclaren +1 Ferrari fighting for titles.
I know, he is doing what he likes, but can't help feeling that especially this year he should have been there. This year will remain in history, and the one that wins WDC will be over the moon after such a battle.
It still hasn't been three drivers in the fight going into the final race and the third ranked driver wins by 1 pt, is it? :p To me, nothing can top that.
And almost all the drivers in the fight this year keep saying that they want to "do a Kimi" :lol:
hope that Alonso does a Kimi (a Kimi of today) :p
:n :lol:

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 21 Oct 2010, 11:12

brendakarli wrote:At this point, I believe it is anyone's guess but if the WRC season closes before the F1 season and if the WRC teams make all these driver announcements before kimi, it will def be nail-biting for all of us until he announces something to let us breathe a sigh of relief or despair.
Both WRC and F1 seasons will end at the same time (14th November).
And WRC factory teams already have drivers, I don't think that they are in a hurry with others, so this thread can be really loooooong.

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 21 Oct 2010, 11:17

SpaMaster wrote:
definitely nothing can top that...
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 21 Oct 2010, 11:18

Lunna,

with his crash just in spain, before anything has even started...I think kimi is getting closer and closer to deciding what he will do for 2011...I sense his heart and mind are not aligned and it is times like these that I see his vulnerability.
The JINX

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 21 Oct 2010, 11:20

Lunna wrote:
brendakarli wrote:At this point, I believe it is anyone's guess but if the WRC season closes before the F1 season and if the WRC teams make all these driver announcements before kimi, it will def be nail-biting for all of us until he announces something to let us breathe a sigh of relief or despair.
Both WRC and F1 seasons will end at the same time (14th November).
And WRC factory teams already have drivers, I don't think that they are in a hurry with others, so this thread can be really loooooong.
I think Kimi will decide in half of november...

nevertheless I hope he pick a good choice...but what about the fact he wants children... need many years of expericence in WRC (don't have the time for that anymore)... and comes back...

Oh spinne you're selffulfilling your wishes :lol:
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 21 Oct 2010, 11:23

brendakarli wrote:Lunna,

with his crash just in spain, before anything has even started...I think kimi is getting closer and closer to deciding what he will do for 2011...I sense his heart and mind are not aligned and it is times like these that I see his vulnerability.
I think he knows what's his first option, but discussions can take long time (if it's not R-word :pray: ) like last year.

f194girl
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by f194girl » 21 Oct 2010, 11:32

I said to me from the beginning of the season not to think about what Kimi will do after it. But I can´t do it. So my thoughts (and only my thoughts) at the moment are:
If he retires completely they won´t have a baby very soon. He will enjoy his life with partying and doing what he wants to do after 10 years living in public. He was only 22 when his career begun in Formula 1. So what would I do?: I would live my life as I want when I would retire and not listen to anybody cause I did it for many years and often behaved like others wanted me to behave.
I also fear that he will become a little bit like Matti Nykänen with to much party and maybe other women.
Shurely I will feel sad when he retires but it won´t change my life. My life didn´t change when Mika retired.
I won´t paint a too black picture...

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 21 Oct 2010, 12:13

Does someone of you peeps speak french? :huh:

Kimi´s race engineer Cedric Mazenq is one my my facebook friends!

Cedric was writing ":("....then some other guy said "woué..." but the strange comment was the following (from another one) "Courage. Tu n'auras pas de mal a trouver d'autres occupations dans le coin"

google translattion: Courage. Thou shalt have no trouble finding other occupations in the corner :huh:

Then he posted a video (no clue what that was about) and another guy answered "
Non, mais tu es en congé ce week-end (vu les événements du shakedown) mais pas encore à la retraite alors pas de soucis !"

google translation: No, but you're off this weekend (given the events of shakedown), but not yet retired, so no worries! :huh:

SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SilentKiller » 21 Oct 2010, 12:15

OK please I need to know what that above comments meant.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 21 Oct 2010, 12:21

SilentKiller wrote:OK please I need to know what that above comments meant.
+1

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 21 Oct 2010, 12:47

I think they are joking about Kimi?

you will not badly find your other job in the corner.
No, but you are on leave this weekend (considering the events of the shakedown,) but not yet with the retirement, so no worries!

I think Kimi had to retire, but his race engineer is on leave but it doesn't mean the retirement...
something like that, maybe...can't be sure. pls correct me, French speaker friends :pray:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 21 Oct 2010, 12:56

:pray:
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season