Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Moominpappa » 30 Jun 2010, 20:33

Wolfie wrote: It's not about hopes or anything, it's about choosing one option and sticking to it until it's either proven right or wrong.
I put my money to WRC. Do you want bet about that? You can choose good stake.
I miss a babysitter

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 30 Jun 2010, 21:47

Wait, I'm confused here, Webber just signed a contract with Red Bull for 2011, why would anyone have reason to believe that Kimi will be driving for Red Bull in 2011? :huh:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 30 Jun 2010, 21:53

sleenster wrote:Wait, I'm confused here, Webber just signed a contract with Red Bull for 2011, why would anyone have reason to believe that Kimi will be driving for Red Bull in 2011? :huh:
i think we all have thrown reason into the wind, we now on what we want. crazy right, just having fun, or maybe not :O , i would be shocked it it came true.but stranger thinks have happened.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 30 Jun 2010, 22:21

sleenster wrote:Wait, I'm confused here, Webber just signed a contract with Red Bull for 2011, why would anyone have reason to believe that Kimi will be driving for Red Bull in 2011? :huh:
some don't want to believe in anything but dream :O
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 01 Jul 2010, 00:24

Kimi clearly said he would consider a return only in a top car. No disrespect to Renault. They may have a good car this year, but that does not mean they would have a championship contending car next year. By top car, Kimi means top teams that have proven they can consistently produce good cars - McLaren, Red Bull, etc.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 01 Jul 2010, 02:56

@ Spa,

I think it is pretty hard to say what will be a top car these days - except for Mac, of late, all other cars have not been consistent...even the mighty bulls have issues with reliability and I think kimi's time at mac would remind him of what the bulls would be like...super fast but unreliable at times (esp when he is leading - like vettel)

let's wait and see - renault was able to win themselves 2 WDCs during fonzi's tenure so I do think it is capable of more - just that under certain leadership, there was synergy and vice versa.
The JINX

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 01 Jul 2010, 05:40

Brenda: It is tough to predict which car will be top next year. The best way to go about it is to go for a sure and tested team. Red Bull may not be very reliable, but it is a top car and it is in the fight for championship in spite of all the problems. McLaren and Red Bull are the only two teams one can confidently say as top teams (Ferrari is out of question). I can't see Renault to be the kind of team Kimi described now.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 01 Jul 2010, 05:52

SpaMaster wrote:Brenda: It is tough to predict which car will be top next year. The best way to go about it is to go for a sure and tested team. Red Bull may not be very reliable, but it is a top car and it is in the fight for championship in spite of all the problems. McLaren and Red Bull are the only two teams one can confidently say as top teams (Ferrari is out of question). I can't see Renault to be the kind of team Kimi described now.
Its a matter of how Renault can sell themselves to Kimi. Lopez would try and give it all and if mastercard (almost sure) and nokia (in the air) pump in money then there is no reason why Kimi Raikkonen cant be lured and convinced that the team has the budget to compete for the WDC. Then it all depends on the team as to how good a package can be created for 2011.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 01 Jul 2010, 05:57

Renault courts MasterCard and Raikkonen - report (CORRECTED)

Racing series F1
Date 2010-06-30
By Motorsport.com/GMM

Renault could be set to push for Kimi Raikkonen to become Robert Kubica's future teammate.

It is now widely expected that the Finn, who left his Ferrari contract one year early to race in the world rally championship this year, is not keen to return to formula one as early as 2011.

But according to Finland's Turun Sanomat, Renault might be courting as a possible sponsor the American credit card multinational MasterCard.

Citing paddock rumours, the report said MasterCard would be interested in the deal "if Raikkonen would drive as Robert Kubica's teammate".

But 30-year-old Raikkonen's manager Steve Robertson reportedly denied that even exploratory talks with Renault have been held.

MasterCard sponsored Lola's stillborn F1 effort in 1997, and the Jordan team in 1998-2001.

link:
http://motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=375500&FS=F1
@ Spamaster : The highlighted line suggests that Renault would give it all to woo kimi back in f1 if they want mastercard to their kitty :n
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 01 Jul 2010, 06:28

Because a contract is worth nothing these days. They only resigned him when they did to try and calm the heat from the Vettel favoritism rumors after Turkey.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

bourbon
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by bourbon » 01 Jul 2010, 06:45

Kimi did say that he wanted to race - it seems to me that is the only important factor, because it means he will be racing somewhere in some competition in 2011. He digs rally, but recently reminded that his contract is only through 2010 - leaving that possible future up in the air. Renault straight out said it was interested, but they have yet to speak to Raikkonen from what his manager says. Only a short while ago, Raikkonen sounded like he hadn't worked out what he wanted to do at all yet (I will calmly decide without any outside pressure) - whenever that may occur is anybody's guess because he also continues to say that he believes he still has time and didn't put out any dates or timeframes.

Then there is the asphalt rally that was encouraging and the several that are left in the WRC to finish out the year. Robertson said he was interested in seeing how that went and I got the idea that perhaps Raikkonen might like to see how that goes as well. A strong showing might grant the option of a 2011 ride for WRC. The multiple statements about how much he enjoys rally, how he doesn't miss F1 (except the driving) and how much more relaxed it is on top of being a new challenge - well it lends toward the idea that he really digs rally and might like to stay. Unless that was for PR...

In other words ... I got nuthin'.
Every mile I have with the Citroen C4 WRC is giving a certain pleasure - Kimi Raikkonen
My ideal is to win the race at the slowest speed possible - Alain Prost
You should just stick with those people who are really there for you - Sebastian Vettel

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 01 Jul 2010, 07:16

That's just it Bourbon, we got nothing. Who even talked about Renault in the beginning of the season?

But so I won't go crazy with all the massive amount of options - both in WRC and F1 - I'll stick with what Leo Turrini keeps on saying - ever since Kimi was sacked - that Kimi has a long contract with Red Bull and will be in F1 in 2011 and he reminds again and again that contracts in F1 are like toilet paper and that those following Kimi should know it already.

Therefore, the easiest choice to focus on is Kimi to Red Bull alongside Vettel in 2011 - whatever happens, happens.

When Kimi was sacked all the possible scenarious were gone through - except the one that was the right one - Red Bull and WRC.

Kimi if anybody knows how to keep things to himself and Red Bull wasn't either 'leaking' out anything.

Year 2009 was so shocking that it's also shocking how some have already forgotten that contracts don't count for anything in F1.

Yet again; it's not any personal wish, it's only focusing on one single thing until it's clear what happens.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 01 Jul 2010, 07:17

My take on all this is: watch out for Loeb, what he is going to do next year? I believe in a real world Kimi will continue in rally for a year just to see if he can develop on gravel ,be closer the top guys. On tarmac I believe he is already closer ,he just needs experience.
He may think hard already, will he catch other guys on gravel.
In a dream land Kimi will be Red Bulls guy.

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 01 Jul 2010, 08:13

luieluv wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:Brenda: It is tough to predict which car will be top next year. The best way to go about it is to go for a sure and tested team. Red Bull may not be very reliable, but it is a top car and it is in the fight for championship in spite of all the problems. McLaren and Red Bull are the only two teams one can confidently say as top teams (Ferrari is out of question). I can't see Renault to be the kind of team Kimi described now.
Its a matter of how Renault can sell themselves to Kimi. Lopez would try and give it all and if mastercard (almost sure) and nokia (in the air) pump in money then there is no reason why Kimi Raikkonen cant be lured and convinced that the team has the budget to compete for the WDC. Then it all depends on the team as to how good a package can be created for 2011.
How much money can Renault spend? As much as Toyota and Honda? I don't think Kimi would be sold on that. :p How can Renault prove that they have the people to make championship winning car? Trend from 2007, 2008, 2009 suggests that there is no reason to believe so. They are what 4th or 5th best car this year? Kimi is quite serious about rally. We all have seen how much effort he has put into his pace notes, listening, testing, etc. and he has taken a very studious and methodical approach. Nothing less than a top car offer would interest Kimi. Red Bull seat, be it in 2010 or 2011, seems like the most plausible F1 option for now.

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 01 Jul 2010, 08:19

Woah...slept very well last night. Must be because of that, I finally figured it out..

Webbo will have a decent future - with Renault. Starting 2011. Kimi and his tyre knowledge - thanks to 10.000 miles of testing for Pirelli - finally brings the WDC for RBR. No one remembers the unlucky season 2010, Vettel loosing it to Hammy by one point...

:wave: