Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Julia » 25 Oct 2010, 03:59

sleenster wrote:I have an interview here where Malcolm Wilson and Olivier Quesnel are talking about Kimi's future in the WRC (I think it's from Spain)
http://www.mediafire.com/?tcbkdld62necgh7

The only problem is that I don't have a youtube account so I'm hoping someone here :pray: would be nice enough to upload it to their account so that we can share with everyone else here?
thanx :thumbsup:

wow, that was too big for my poor notebook. I would be very happy if somebody put it on the youtube :pray:

is it the one where Quesnell says it would be frustrating for everyone if he stops after this year ? Probably recorded AFTER the chakedown stunt... :lol:
Last edited by Julia on 25 Oct 2010, 04:12, edited 1 time in total.

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 25 Oct 2010, 04:09

sleenster wrote:I have an interview here where Malcolm Wilson and Olivier Quesnel are talking about Kimi's future in the WRC (I think it's from Spain)

The only problem is that I don't have a youtube account so I'm hoping someone here :pray: would be nice enough to upload it to their account so that we can share with everyone else here?
I just did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjiuRmjyxuY

I have uploaded the video. But the website says it is processing the video.

EDIT: It's working now.
Last edited by SpaMaster on 25 Oct 2010, 05:40, edited 2 times in total.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 25 Oct 2010, 04:21

wow. Thanks a lot. Wilson and Quesnel both considering Kimi for next year. The comment where Quesnel says that he thinks that kimi will be in rally next year gives me impression that kimi and robertson must be doing all the hard work now to rope in as many sponsors as possible and if not then i feel kimi is willing to pay up for the seat. Only if Wilson has other plans to offer kimi a better lucrative offer.

Quesnel made a very valid point that kimi will have to give three year frame time to succeed in rally. And if he decides to not continue in rally anymore than not even kimi would know that whether or not kimi could have succeeded in this sport .

So those who felt that kimi can gauge if he can be successful or not from this year's experience are so very wrong.

Having said that I now also feel that Red Bull are not winning the title this year and so are Mclaren and Mercedes. And we never know what can happen in future. The look on Horner and newey's face after mark crashed out was of a person whose all the efforts are washed in within a second. Webber to me has binned the title. And a one two for Red Bull in last two races also cant guarantee vettel a title.

Mclaren on the other hand have not done anything wrong as such but Lewis has not been up to the mark and jenson is too slow in the 2nd half of the season. as a mclaren fan i have waited for more than a decade now for a constructors title. And it was very much possible this season. I so wished kimi could have been a part of this team.

For mercedes i have to say they can continue with schumi for all they want but he wont successful next year too.

The choice lies for the top teams. Knowing that kimi is available they have to play it safe and smart.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 25 Oct 2010, 04:45

Good points, luie. Quesnel sounds markedly different from the recent Autosport article. May be Kimi has a chance now with Citroen also.

At this point, we should all realize that rally teams are also trying to use Kimi's name. I don't think any of them believe seriously that he can win a rally or championship in the future. Only Kimi and his fans believe in him.

As for F1 teams. Mercedes would be very stupid to continue with Schumacher next year if they are thinking about championship seriously. Button has been too slow on many occasions. Webber has had the best car by far, almost no mechanical issues, yet trailing. I don't think McLaren is thinking about Kimi at this point. But Mercedes may well be. Red Bull - well situation is too complicated to speculate. I hope Kimi is in touch with these F1 teams as a back-up option in the future, but it would really be nice to see Kimi succeed in rally.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 25 Oct 2010, 06:28

SpaMaster wrote: ...

As for F1 teams. Mercedes would be very stupid to continue with Schumacher next year if they are thinking about championship seriously. Button has been too slow on many occasions. Webber has had the best car by far, almost no mechanical issues, yet trailing. I don't think McLaren is thinking about Kimi at this point. But Mercedes may well be. Red Bull - well situation is too complicated to speculate. I hope Kimi is in touch with these F1 teams as a back-up option in the future, but it would really be nice to see Kimi succeed in rally.

I assume that Robertson was in contact whit all the potential F1 and WRC teams quite the same time he was in contact whit Renault... the others just handlet the situation a little different :O

thanx for uploading the Dave thing at youtube :thumbsup:

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 25 Oct 2010, 08:31

Brawn was very blunt in the AS interview a week or so
ago that Schui will know if he has a future at the top again AFTER Abu Dabhi and the Pirelli test. He was quite frank that Schui knows he needs a different tire characteristic than he has this year. If Kimi is in contact with Haug for a possible seat NOTHING will come of it until the tire test.

I don't see Schui hanging it up, he's too proud to quit without giving it a proper shot.... The Princess isn't leaving either so I don't see a seat at Merc opening. There's still plenty of time for RB to crumble though......

Forza Fernando Forza Ferrari!

(Had to get a shot in :hug: Love you guys still)
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 25 Oct 2010, 08:35

SpaMaster wrote:

I just did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjiuRmjyxuY

I have uploaded the video. But the website says it is processing the video.

EDIT: It's working now.

Thank you so much, SpaMaster and sleenster! :cool: :)

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 25 Oct 2010, 08:39

redstorm wrote:Brawn was very blunt in the AS interview a week or so
ago that Schui will know if he has a future at the top again AFTER Abu Dabhi and the Pirelli test. He was quite frank that Schui knows he needs a different tire characteristic than he has this year. If Kimi is in contact with Haug for a possible seat NOTHING will come of it until the tire test.

I don't see Schui hanging it up, he's too proud to quit without giving it a proper shot.... The Princess isn't leaving either so I don't see a seat at Merc opening. There's still plenty of time for RB to crumble though......

Forza Fernando Forza Ferrari!

(Had to get a shot in :hug: Love you guys still)
Tire test or no tire test i cant see Schu improving next year or year after that or anytime in future.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 25 Oct 2010, 08:40

Ahh man, videos not on a USA server yet. It won't load........ Maybe later

hello Momo :wave:
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 25 Oct 2010, 08:43

Luieluv, Im not going to dig a hole for the old man yet.....
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 25 Oct 2010, 08:46

redstorm wrote:Ahh man, videos not on a USA server yet. It won't load........ Maybe later

hello Momo :wave:
Ciao bello!! :)
It's nice to see you here!!
:cool:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 25 Oct 2010, 08:52

redstorm wrote:Luieluv, Im not going to dig a hole for the old man yet.....
Nothing against the skills but i seriously feel AGE is the single most important factor here.

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 25 Oct 2010, 09:19

I watched the F1 race yesterday, and Schmu finished 4th! I know he had a lot of luck. Rosberg crashing out, Webber and also Vettel.
But it seems luck is everything in (F1-) life. And like Fredo, he is a lucky number.

I wished I could hear the finish anthem once again in F1. It would be awesome if K1m1 is the one who makes this possible again. Kova isn´t capable to do so. He´s just too 'friendly'. He has not the b***.

And about Kimi in RB.
They should start to consider that, because it´s really a shame what the team is doing right now. Who wanna start to dig a hole??!! :wave:
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 25 Oct 2010, 09:30

luieluv wrote:
redstorm wrote:Luieluv, Im not going to dig a hole for the old man yet.....
Nothing against the skills but i seriously feel AGE is the single most important factor here.
Yep, every morning I feel my age :p ( as old as Schu,excuse me as young as Schu.. :zz: ) .Seriously I think thats the main reason. He has to traing much more to keep up with the younger boys.
But I dont still think Kimi is keeping Mercedes as his first priority.He gives again statements that says very little. His main target may be in rally. Lets just have fun with all this as last year.. :blink:

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 25 Oct 2010, 09:37

Lynx'niK wrote:I watched the F1 race yesterday, and Schmu finished 4th! I know he had a lot of luck. Rosberg crashing out, Webber and also Vettel.
But it seems luck is everything in (F1-) life. And like Fredo, he is a lucky number.

I wished I could hear the finish anthem once again in F1. It would be awesome if K1m1 is the one who makes this possible again. Kova isn´t capable to do so. He´s just too 'friendly'. He has not the b***.

And about Kimi in RB.
They should start to consider that, because it´s really a shame what the team is doing right now. Who wanna start to dig a hole??!! :wave:
Imagine, RBR has been having 14 pole of 17. And how on earth have they messed it all up? :huh:
About Kova..I dont think he has no bls... :p But he is maybe a little too nice,still, but he will learn,unless he doesnt come too bitter.