Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by iceman1 » 16 Jul 2010, 22:33

Wolfie wrote:Now we can get our heads spinning again and remember what Wolfie said: Kimi in Red Bull 2011 :p
Webber has offered himself to Ferrari
Published by Leo Turrini Fri, 16/07/2010 - 18:41

Relata refer as the Latin saying goes.

It was morning in Australia, here it was very late in the evening. I called a colleague in Melbourne whom I greatly admire.

The substance of the message is here for your consideration because of course there isn't any possibility to confirm it.

1) Webber has, in spite of already signed a contract, no intention of staying with Vettel in Red Bull after the known events.

2) The Kangaroo does not trust Pimples Bill and he also believes that Red Bull is completely on the little German's side.

3) Webber has talked with Domenicali and offered himself for 2011, knowing that Ferrari has already signed Messiah of Oviedo.

4) The Australian colleague does not know how Domenicali responded, who of course denies everything from A to Z and I'm almost tempted to believe him.
Who's Leo Turrini ? :lol: and where's the Penguin ? :p

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 16 Jul 2010, 22:33

Wolfie wrote:
ish678 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
ish678 wrote:Interesting, Wolfie, thanks. From what I've heard from everyone on here this Leo Turrini seems to know what he's talking about. Even if this does sound quite remarkable.

As for number 1 - do we think then that if this is true and Ferrari turn him down (which I suspect they would) do we think Webber would just leave F1?
Turrini just reported what his Australian colleague told him.

If there is any truth to it, then it puts the whole 'number 2' -thing in a different light. Who knows what has happened, maybe he has been showed the door already since he signed the contract pre-Turkey.

I mean, he must know that he would then be #2 driver????

Things get crazier and crazier :lol:

But then would the offer to Kimi (if there was one) only to be a number 2 driver? I'm worried for Red Bull and their future. They're not handling this very well. :(
I think the whole #2 is Mark's own invention. They even give him a lighter car so that they are treated equally because Mark weighs more than Seb. And Seb is the only one with a serie of mysterious technical failures. So Mark might just be grasping to excuses. He was the only one who got an updated floor to Silverstone, not Seb.

So one possibility is that Red Bull has already showed him the door?

But Mikael from the Finnish forum asked: Now where do they now find a talented driver if Mark leaves :lol:

But ish, I knew even before Turkey that they were racing under special team orders so Turkey was a shock for me and I also blamed Mark before even hearing Red Bull's statements. IMO Red Bull is about the cleanest and fairest team in F1 so I'm quite fed up with Mark's statements.

He is afterall bashing Kimi's current employer...
I also thought that Turkey was more Mark's fault too (I think we must have been the only ones :lol: ) I don't think Mark is doing himself any favours, I'm a fan of Red Bull and of Seb's :blush: so I guess I'm a little biased but I don't think Webber's good for the team's image anymore.

But if RB has already shown him the door, then I think he would have talked about it, whined about it etc to the press already. I don't think he'd have any reason to keep quiet if relations are that bad. Ugh, he's ruining being a Red Bull fan for me! :lol:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 16 Jul 2010, 22:39

ok back to kimi in red bull in 2011,f1 style :lol: :huh:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 16 Jul 2010, 22:41

ish678 wrote:
But if RB has already shown him the door, then I think he would have talked about it, whined about it etc to the press already. I don't think he'd have any reason to keep quiet if relations are that bad. Ugh, he's ruining being a Red Bull fan for me! :lol:
But that would not be in his interests, he might want to make it look like he is looking for something better and besides, there is a possible WDC to grab.

Interesting to see if my gut feeling is right since the way things are going it looks like the possibility of Kimi going back to F1 is getting bigger and bigger.

Imagine this: Red Bull has a vacant seat for 2011. If Kimi is under their contract then it might well be that they insist on him taking the seat instead of paying for another rally-year?

Oh well, this sounds like I'm all for it although it's only a case of me trying to get used to the idea of him possibly going back to F1 :blink:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 16 Jul 2010, 22:46

Wolfie wrote:
ish678 wrote:
But that would not be in his interests, he might want to make it look like he is looking for something better and besides, there is a possible WDC to grab.

Interesting to see if my gut feeling is right since the way things are going it looks like the possibility of Kimi going back to F1 is getting bigger and bigger.

Imagine this: Red Bull has a vacant seat for 2011. If Kimi is under their contract then it might well be that they insist on him taking the seat instead of paying for another rally-year?

Oh well, this sounds like I'm all for it although it's only a case of me trying to get used to the idea of him possibly going back to F1 :blink:

Ha! You're trying to get used to the idea but I'm clinging on to your gut feelings for dear life! :lol: I really hope he goes back to F1 and to RB because I would give anything to see him in such a fast car (assuming they're still fast in 2011) and team mates with Seb.

You're right about Mark - I always forget about him still fighting for the championship. That's why I always get a bit mad when people say he deserves to win it - they forget he's only won a handful of races in his whole career. And they only came in the last two seasons. :roll::

As for the possibility of F1 getting bigger and bigger - I really hope it is. But I fear that all these reports of Kimi being close to signing for WRC again will be realised. Sigh.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 16 Jul 2010, 22:53

iceman1 wrote:
Who's Leo Turrini ? :lol: and where's the Penguin ? :p[/quote]

Penguin is not in this story but Cangaroo and Pimple Bill are (Webber and Vettel) :lol:

Leo Turrini (Sassuolo, 1960) is an Italian journalist and writer.

Following years of sport daily for magazines Il Resto del Carlino, La Nazione, Il Giorno. He is considered a leading expert in Formula 1 and of Ferrari in particular, but his work also focuses on soccer, cycling and volleyball in particular (is director of the monthly "SuperVolley" from 1994) as well as music, film and costume.

Great friend of sports champions like Alberto Tomba, Ayrton Senna, Lorenzo Bernardi, Fabio Vullo, Julio Velasco and Gian Paolo Montali. He often hosts sports broadcasts on national networks. Leads also a program on Modena Football.

In 1993 he won the literary prize "Dino Ferrari".

He has a lively sense of humor, so much so that in the book "cult", that great piece of Emilia (Knopf, 2004), Edmondo Berselli emilianissimo called Turrini the "the greatest oral Italian storyteller." He is a big fan of Inter.

Publications:

* Alberto Tomba. The Romance of a champion, written with Alberto Tomba (Vallardi, 1992)

* Emotions. Lucio Battisti: life, myth, notes, written with Tullio Lauro (Zelig, 1995)

* Enzo Ferrari. An Italian hero (Knopf, 2002)

* Bartali. The man who saved Italy cycling (Knopf, 2004)

* Schumacher. The legend of a normal man (Knopf, 2005)

* Who gave you the license?, Written with Giancarlo Fisichella (Knopf, 2006)

* Pazza Inter. One hundred years of a team to love (Knopf, 2007)

* Ferrari, my father, written by Piero Ferrari (Aliberti Editore, 2007)

* Baptists. Life, songs, mystery, (Knopf, 2008)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 16 Jul 2010, 23:04

ish678 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
ish678 wrote:

Ha! You're trying to get used to the idea but I'm clinging on to your gut feelings for dear life! :lol: I really hope he goes back to F1 and to RB because I would give anything to see him in such a fast car (assuming they're still fast in 2011) and team mates with Seb.

You're right about Mark - I always forget about him still fighting for the championship. That's why I always get a bit mad when people say he deserves to win it - they forget he's only won a handful of races in his whole career. And they only came in the last two seasons. :roll::

As for the possibility of F1 getting bigger and bigger - I really hope it is. But I fear that all these reports of Kimi being close to signing for WRC again will be realised. Sigh.
Ish, I didn't get the news about Kimi close to signing for WRC.... he said the same things in December and we all know that if anything, Kimi and Robertsons can keep their mouths shut. Who had the slightest idea of Red Bull immediately contacting Kimi after Ferrari sacked him and starting to negotiate with him?

Sometimes I think that the negotiations with McLaren were only to fool people, Ferrari was shocked to hear about Kimi going to WRC after they announced it - and now they have three top drivers on their payroll, one of them is driving in WRC :lol:

One thing is interesting - Dieter has been quiet. We'll see what happens :)

But Ish, the official RB-board is horrible - one girl told about it and I went to take a look, wrote a few comments asking questions and I got back threaths, accused of being a troll, Vettel, Horner, being so stupid that I had no clue etc etc just because I wasn't hating RB or Vettel :fear:

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 16 Jul 2010, 23:17

I'm trying to keep optimistic - Kimi does seem to enjoy keeping people on his toes :lol: It's true - we can never know anything for sure. The Red Bull contract was definitely a shock and I suppose anything could be being discussed without us knowing about it. I guess the Robertsons have been in this game long enough to be able to keep what they want quiet :cool:

I've never been on the RB forums - so you mean they're all on Webber's side? It seems that Seb just doesn't have any fans anywhere :lol: Just me then :blush: It's a shame they treated you like that, Wolfie, that seems a bit pointless to me. :roll::

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 16 Jul 2010, 23:19

Wolfie wrote:
ish678 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
ish678 wrote:Interesting, Wolfie, thanks. From what I've heard from everyone on here this Leo Turrini seems to know what he's talking about. Even if this does sound quite remarkable.

As for number 1 - do we think then that if this is true and Ferrari turn him down (which I suspect they would) do we think Webber would just leave F1?
Turrini just reported what his Australian colleague told him.

If there is any truth to it, then it puts the whole 'number 2' -thing in a different light. Who knows what has happened, maybe he has been showed the door already since he signed the contract pre-Turkey.

I mean, he must know that he would then be #2 driver????

Things get crazier and crazier :lol:
But then would the offer to Kimi (if there was one) only to be a number 2 driver? I'm worried for Red Bull and their future. They're not handling this very well. :(
I think the whole #2 is Mark's own invention. They even give him a lighter car so that they are treated equally because Mark weighs more than Seb. And Seb is the only one with a serie of mysterious technical failures. So Mark might just be grasping to excuses. He was the only one who got an updated floor to Silverstone, not Seb.

So one possibility is that Red Bull has already showed him the door?

But Mikael from the Finnish forum asked: Now where do they now find a talented driver if Mark leaves :lol:

But ish, I knew even before Turkey that they were racing under special team orders so Turkey was a shock for me and I also blamed Mark before even hearing Red Bull's statements. IMO Red Bull is about the cleanest and fairest team in F1 so I'm quite fed up with Mark's statements.

He is afterall bashing Kimi's current employer...
Wow...offering himself for Ferrari? I am shocked. :blink:

Well, if he leaves, who will come? Kimi? I don't think so! Massa? Probably! Anyways...
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 16 Jul 2010, 23:49

mark webber went to the public about his treatment, and has turned rb fans against SV, how does that look? SV is the future and he now has to get back his creditability , mark has damaged more then a car. i can not see RB happy with mark at this time, behind closed doors i think its a different atmosphere not this we are together BS.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 17 Jul 2010, 03:06

Wolfie wrote:Now we can get our heads spinning again and remember what Wolfie said: Kimi in Red Bull 2011 :p
Webber has offered himself to Ferrari
Published by Leo Turrini Fri, 16/07/2010 - 18:41

Relata refer as the Latin saying goes.

It was morning in Australia, here it was very late in the evening. I called a colleague in Melbourne whom I greatly admire.

The substance of the message is here for your consideration because of course there isn't any possibility to confirm it.

1) Webber has, in spite of already signed a contract, no intention of staying with Vettel in Red Bull after the known events.

2) The Kangaroo does not trust Pimples Bill and he also believes that Red Bull is completely on the little German's side.

3) Webber has talked with Domenicali and offered himself for 2011, knowing that Ferrari has already signed Messiah of Oviedo.

4) The Australian colleague does not know how Domenicali responded, who of course denies everything from A to Z and I'm almost tempted to believe him.
hmmm.. not bad for some optimism for members who want Kimi back in F1. Go Kimi.
I for one feel anything is possible.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 17 Jul 2010, 04:58

I would pay to see that happen! Hot headed lil Spaniard against the Aussie!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 17 Jul 2010, 05:37

It is a bit of a mess...I can't think how would SV and MW continue after all this...but then again who would think FM and FA together? still their coexistence is not rosy....
If MW is lucky to get the championship he should go in style I think....As for Kimi, my feeling is growing that although WRC is very rocky road, is the best for him.....

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 17 Jul 2010, 06:42

There is one big difference between ol Phil and Webbo. Vettel is still young and Webbo gets a spark from the "tension" therefore he gets one in over Seb now and then. Alot more so now.... With Massa, Fred tells him "Shut up and Image , then get in there and Image like a good little b****. If you don't I'll Image your ass!"

good ol Fred, knows how ta keep em in line lol.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 17 Jul 2010, 06:43

^ Look what you started Wolfie ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED