Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Moominpappa » 27 Oct 2010, 16:16

iffie wrote:Wolfie, I´m sure that some people really want to see Kimi´s progress in rally but I´m also sure that many of those people who want Kimi to stay in WRC are just being afraid that F1 would hurt Kimi if he returned but who otherwise are not against an F1 comeback. But people shouldn´t be so overprotective, I guess.

I believe he still needs to set some things straight in F1.
I am not so interested in F1 and I really want that Kimi stays in rally. This is so much more fun to follow and yes, I believe that Kimi could won some single rallies in the future if he has enough patience. That needs a lot of time and in my mind one or two year in F1 is wasted time of his rally career. This man can make history :cool:

And welcome to the forum iffie :wave:
I miss a babysitter

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 27 Oct 2010, 16:19

Well, I don’t know where to post this, in the Rally RACC thread (we have been writing there the gossips about Dani Sordo) or here, because it could also be related to Kimi.

It looks (I didn’t hear it, so I can not corroborate it) Dani gave an interview to a Cantabrian radio station yesterday. He’s quoted saying Citroën is offering him a 10 rallies program for next season (in the Junior Team) and that everything will be decided in the next 10 days.

I have also read rumours about Solberg’s future being decided in more or less one week.

Could it be that the decision about Kimi’s fate would also be taken in the next week and a half?

In that case, if we want to reach the 500 pages we will have to write fast. :zz:

PS. Welcome iffie :wave:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 27 Oct 2010, 16:25

This piece comes definitely in this thread:

The German media that ignored Autosport’s report about Red Bull not wanting to sponsor Kimi any longer have published today the news from Autosprint. I could swear they have used Kulta's words instead of what was written in Autosprint, but nevertheless it has been published.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 27 Oct 2010, 16:37

Mar wrote:Well, I don’t know where to post this, in the Rally RACC thread (we have been writing there the gossips about Dani Sordo) or here, because it could also be related to Kimi.

It looks (I didn’t hear it, so I can not corroborate it) Dani gave an interview to a Cantabrian radio station yesterday. He’s quoted saying Citroën is offering him a 10 rallies program for next season (in the Junior Team) and that everything will be decided in the next 10 days.

I have also read rumours about Solberg’s future being decided in more or less one week.

Could it be that the decision about Kimi’s fate would also be taken in the next week and a half?

In that case, if we want to reach the 500 pages we will have to write fast. :zz:

@Mar
Off-Topic: show
There's a eurosport article today about Dani but it's in Spanish and google translate is not doing a very good job, but does it say that Ford offered him a deal too?

http://es.eurosport.yahoo.com/formula1/ ... icle/1269/

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 27 Oct 2010, 16:45

sleenster wrote:
Mar wrote:Well, I don’t know where to post this, in the Rally RACC thread (we have been writing there the gossips about Dani Sordo) or here, because it could also be related to Kimi.

@Mar
There's a eurosport article today about Dani but it's in Spanish and google translate is not doing a very good job, but does it say that Ford offered him a deal too?

I shall put this interesting question to TotalRally tonight on the show. Lets see if they chose to answer and throw some more light on it.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 27 Oct 2010, 16:47

luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:

@Mar

I shall put this interesting question to TotalRally tonight on the show. Lets see if they chose to answer and throw some more light on it.
But we have to discount immediately anything that Colin Clark says though :lol: (only joking, sorta :confused: )

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 27 Oct 2010, 16:48

welcome iffie :)
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 27 Oct 2010, 17:01

sleenster wrote:

@Mar

I can understand the translator has problems with that text; the author is playing around with words' double meanings. :lol:

It’s an editorial article, where they analyse what Dani has done as a WRC driver and how he has managed his career. The author doesn’t like the way he has done the latter.

He also preaches him and his people for being the origin of the story about the sabotage.

The author says Dani’s cachet or market value is going down. He also says Citroën is offering Dani less and less as they negotiate and that Ford has offered Dani a reduced program for next season, in which Dani would have to pay 100,000 € per rally.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 27 Oct 2010, 17:05

luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:

@Mar

That would be interesting. Thanks!

kimifan
car driver
car driver

Post by kimifan » 27 Oct 2010, 17:05

Not sure if this has already been posted..

http://crash.net/world+rally/news/16457 ... _well.html

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 27 Oct 2010, 17:05

sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:

@Mar

But we have to discount immediately anything that Colin Clark says though :lol: (only joking, sorta :confused: )
:lol: But i feel the other day he was so correct on slamming RB for getting the desired and apt PR from Kimi.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 27 Oct 2010, 17:06

Mar wrote:
sleenster wrote:

@Mar

I can understand the translator has problems with that text; the author is playing around with words' double meanings. :lol:

It’s an editorial article, where they analyse what Dani has done as a WRC driver and how he has managed his career. The author doesn’t like the way he has done the latter.

He also preaches him and his people for being the origin of the story about the sabotage.

The author says Dani’s cachet or market value is going down. He also says Citroën is offering Dani less and less as they negotiate and that Ford has offered Dani a reduced program for next season, in which Dani would have to pay 100,000 € per rally.
Thanks Mar!!! You've been so helpful this weekend! :hug:
I've been quite worried about Dani's future :confused:

That's what I heard too, it was Dani's father that was leaking the rumours to the media that Citroen was sabotaging him.

That's insulting though, that Ford thinks Dani is a pay driver. :<>:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 27 Oct 2010, 17:18

sleenster wrote:
Mar wrote:
sleenster wrote:

@Mar

Thanks Mar!!! You've been so helpful this weekend! :hug:
I've been quite worried about Dani's future :confused:

That's what I heard too, it was Dani's father that was leaking the rumours to the media that Citroen was sabotaging him.

That's insulting though, that Ford thinks Dani is a pay driver. :<>:
Oh! You’re welcome. It has been a lot of fun since I registered here.

It doesn’t look good for Dani, but he has promised he will be there next season. In more or less two weeks we will know something.

I’ve also heard that Citroën may also want him to get about 1 million € in sponsors. But if the Junior Team has lost Red Bull, they will really have to search for the money somewhere else.

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 27 Oct 2010, 17:27

If we think Dani's situation right now (the last rumors), in my mind Kimi has about same kind of value for teams what comes in pace. I feel bad for Dani but this will increase Kimi's value as a driver instead only of PR person.

And of course we all know that Dani is right now (and also next year) faster driver than Kimi but who knows how things are after that.
Last edited by Moominpappa on 27 Oct 2010, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
I miss a babysitter

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 27 Oct 2010, 17:28

Probably not anything new, but crash.net is reporting it too (and quoting autosprint):
Citroën: Raikkonen talks 'progressing well'

Despite recent speculation linking the former F1 World Champion to a return to the grand prix grid or a move to the Monster World Rally Team, Citroën competition boss Olivier Quesnel hints that Kimi Raikkonen will be going nowhere in 2011

He might have endured an embarrassing exit from the fray as early as Thursday's short shakedown run on last weekend's Rallye de España, but Citroën has conceded that former F1 World Champion Kimi Raikkonen is inching ever-closer to a renewal of his contract with the French manufacturer's Junior Team in 2011.

Raikkonen's first year in the World Rally Championship (WRC) has been characterised by highs-and-lows – arguably more of the latter than the former, with a best finish of fifth in Turkey back in April potentially outweighed by four further events on which the Finn has crashed out of contention.

Palpably happier in his new WRC environment after the crushing austerity and disciplinarianism of F1, all talk of a return to the grand prix grid for 'The Iceman' next season has now been quashed – and Renault rather publicly embarrassed [see separate story – click here] – but there were still rumours of late that with Red Bull seemingly no longer as keen to help fund the Citroën Junior Team project, Raikkonen could find an alternative home at the similarly energy drinks-backed Monster World Rally Team alongside Ken Block.

Citroën competition boss Olivier Quesnel, however, hints that the recently-turned 31-year-old is more-than-likely to be staying exactly where he is in 2011, with discussions between the French marque, Raikkonen and Red Bull now well-advanced.

“I know the negotiations are progressing well for Kimi to stay in the Citroën Junior Team,” Quesnel told Italian magazine Autosprint, when asked about the 18-time grand prix-winner's future. “I don't know when something will be officially announced.”
http://www.crash.net/world+rally/news/1 ... _well.html